Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh oh, whats' the thing gonna be that the High Sparrow told to Tommen that he told to Cersei?

I'm assuming its that Olenna Tyrell was involved in Joffrey's assassination. Cersei calling for the knights of house Tyrell to come to kings' landing seems like an obvious trap.

Is it just me, or did it almost seem like Kevan Lannister was closer to Olenna than Cersei? And Cersei seemed to make it seem like he had a close personal relationship with Loras? That was odd. Am I confused, is that some Tyrell man and Keven is gone? Or what?

She was talking about Kevan's son, Lancel Lannister. Lancel's prepping the koolaid for the sparrow mothership, and Kevan's not really happy about that. Neither is Cersei, since as a part of his sudden piety he blabbed about her loving him back in season 2, which is bad being they're cousins and all. Oh and how she used him to help the king get killed by giving him too much wine. That too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Lycus posted:

She thought she said "milk of the puppy".

I've only ever listened to the books through audiobook, so it took me way too long to realize Roy Detrice wasn't saying "milk of the puppy". I was very confused by Westerosi slang as a result.

I also had no idea why people who read the books were so bad at spelling "sir".

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

It's hard to tell which Tobias Menzies character I hate more, Edmure or Black Jack Randall.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, it's definitely Robb failing as a leader. If he wanted his ally to follow his orders to the letter, he should have told him the plan, rather than expect a recently humbled (failing to hit the boat) nobleman to not seek glory on the field of battle. Like most Starks, his troubles are mostly his own doing, everyone else just have to pay the price.

That's not on Robb. As a military leader you give orders anticipating they'll be obeyed. Nobody could have the capability to monitor the emotional status of all vassal lords.

PLENTY of poo poo can be piled on Robb, but not that.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

MG3 posted:

Hi pander hope you're doing well

Uh hi, yep.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Gabriel Pope posted:

Agreed, I loved the poo poo out of the musical score this season.
Yup. I loved hearing them fit the Rains of Castamere leitmotif into different situations.

Pander fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 6, 2016

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

I truly believe her killing the Waif and returning back to Westeros was precisely the outcome he was hoping for.

He didn't seem bothered by it at all in fact it seems a little happy about it. I think that was her final exam so to speak.

I'd agree if they didn't have him privately express dissatisfaction with her failures. Not just to her, but essentially to himself he orders her death with "a pity". In order to appreciate Arya's philosophy about killing, then his discussions about the motivation of the many-faced god as a house of vengeful assassins devoid of personal animus would have to have been all bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

The way Dorne is handled makes my arguments that D&D don't know what the gently caress they're doing, are horrible hack frauds, and are just trying to compress everything down as much as they can (as opposed to the faithfully-adapted first 4 seasons) so they can just be done with the show. It's disgusting and disappointing. Leaving the only REAL resolution to the story once again in GRRM's hands, where it'll never reach conclusion because he's fat and old and doesn't write.

Dorne had been mentioned too much too early to just ignore them. So they had to include SOME sort of interactions to personalize the leaders of Dorne. Martin has done an absolutely poo poo job in the books, and D&D made it better simply by giving Pedro Pascal more screentime than the book suggested, and giving the sand snakes less.

Then came the Jamie + Bronn infiltration mission. They planned resolutions first (sand snakes take over, kill myrcella), then tried to shoehorn some way to make it happen. It was inept and implausible.

I don't think Martin can fix Dorne. D&D have been fine, and tend to do better when they break away from Martin's literal writing (see: of Tarth, Brienne)

• Locked thread