Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
wow mod intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sacrificial blam.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't deny it's not ideal for new players entirely. As to the example, I don't really sit in Plusten anymore, so I don't know who said what but yeah that sounds like a really bad suggestion to that guys issue. I'd have simply told him to head down to Querious and work on increasing his coffers some or something that was a bit safer than sitting in a system like O1Y trying to make money. Like I said, I've basically become disconnected from Horde for the past two weeks since I'm focusing on stuff with EVE NT TV & their esports/streaming stuff nowadays.

Virtually no quality control is going on in horde. No vetting at any level. The FC for the horde standing fleet for several days standing was a goon who was feeding a neutral gang killmails by randomly warping squads into death camps. I can't think of a shittier environment to be a newbie in than one where the leadership can't even be arsed to half assed defend you against your own membership. TEST does it better, as does GSF. The only reason you do it better than Brave Newbies is because they are a perpetual dumpster fire that literally collapsed into infighting in the middle of this war without us even firing a shot.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

but I know the whole mentality in GSF where you had to do X or Y just to take a fleet out was sort of weird and dumb in my opinion.

All you had to do was apply to SC's and you were good to take stuff out.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I didn't read the article either, but someone mentioned that racism being tolerated was one of the things that set him off. Since you were an ex-mod I was just curious your thoughts on it given the whole "niggertown" channel being allowed & that discussion from a while back.

Slim Matt was pretty mad about his personal channel being removed. I was greatly entertained.

Now that foehammer is gone the foehammering erry day channel should be renamed the foehammer memorial masturbation station

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

jm20 posted:

Cybernetic Subprocessor - Advanced
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Basic
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Elite
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Improved
Cybernetic Subprocessor - Standard

That is a single implant class for whatever attribute, with 1-5s. Check them out ingame or http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Implants#Attribute_Enhancers

Your leaving out a basic bit of information.

+ NUMBERS implants add the number to the total value of your stats which make you train faster. There's a much larger stats discussion to be had but I'm at work.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Meh, I'm not a fan of super buffs in general. The fact that functionally "Non State" actors with no skin in the game can gain enough power through simply having a large pool of isk to effectively be spoilers in any armed conflict in the game is an issue. This isn't like hiring Noir. or even what we laughably call Mercenary Coalition where they can sway the balance in the occasional fight or even a war by a smaller margin. Come the future where nullsec logically balkanizes under fozzie sov, whoever hires PL first in any conflict is pretty much automatically the winner. So once we're stomped, or abased to sufficient degree that PL wants to fish other waters, wherever they land is going to be Brave Newbies X2, and it's going to be loving awful.

Like I don't know why people think we formed this coalition just for yuks. It was literally formed as a way to defend ourselves from actors like PL. Space Monkies for all the poo poo talk about them had PL squatting on top of them for several months. So did we.

The fact that the coalition went off the rails with dumb imperium/viceroy poo poo is a non arguable point.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Do you mean in the sense we reduced the size of the CFC when we formed the Imperium or that the Viceroy poo poo was "To Evil"?

I wouldn't say evil. Just stupid and pointless.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

excuse me as I word this poorly as gently caress because I'm eating korean bbq, but :justpost:

I'm mostly on the fence with the new capital changes- for a laundry list of reasons. I'm okay with Titans shredding fleets as long as those doomsdays also kill friendlies (which they do) and they lose a mega portion of buffer (which they have)- but I'm still of the belief that Titans existing is a mistake. It's not a HUGE issue right now because there isn't a market to meet the demand, the build costs for some of the capital items are broken (T2 Shield Boosters requiring a T2 Booster to build) and the materials to build the faction items are quite literally DroneRat Poop 2.0 (which is doubly hilarious because NPC Dreads/Supers are obliterating ratters everywhere).

It will probably be 2-3 months before the more organized capital groups are fitted and ready for glorious space battle (read: shooting towers/citadels) and Titans will mostly likely serve as meat bazookas until they're properly fitted.

Bulgogi owns.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

the cfc failed because people don't have to play a game

many were starved of content and bored, and all of eve suffered since there was "nothing" going on

groups like PL and NCDOT have a natural advantage because there are very few places to go beyond these groups, so they'll have better retention of the high-skill players which are the real tactical asset in eve

The CFC failed because we continue to make long term strategic mistakes under the mistaken assumption that our single direction "Bro Pact" will one day be reciprocated. Basically despite constantly talking about twisting the knife, every single time we get a knife into someone we immediately go all limp wristed, like we caught a spell of the vapors at seeing blood or something. Like B-R should have been deadzoned indefinitely, all of the super pos caged and we should have just squatted there for as long as it took. Playing H1Z1 in one window while the "Log on to finish this." button was available in the other. See what PL/NC. did to the russians for about 2 years straight if you need a refresher on just being vicious.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
What

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

so you admit that the cfc has failed? now that the coalition has failed and there's no longer the ~morale~ to get 1500 bodies in a fleet, it'll be interesting to see what happens

Goonswarm itself and the allies still standing aren't fail cascading or anything, so it's less interesting than you probably think.

As far as the 1500 bodies in fleet go: We haven't had anything called for that calls for those kind of numbers yet. I'd argue we could still hurf that kind of participation. When I say the coalition failed: I mean it failed to do what was arguably it's core purpose for existing. Stopping a steamroller. Well the steamroller has rolled, and we're pretty much coasting on the other side now. As people start to settle into their ~new forever homes~ things are going to be very interesting for the new tenants.

As far as fozzie sov goes: Suddenly small to medium gang pvp is really loving important to holding/taking space, we're going to have to take a crash course on that kind of thing because as a coalition we've largely shat on the concept of small "Punch above weight" pvp for ages now, and it turns out when 20 or 30 nodes are being hacked at once, you can't hurf 2000 dudes for each one.

This sov system is basically a small gang dudes wet dream.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Are we not talking about the Aeon we killed today? :v:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53696853/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Was he trying to rat in that? Ahahaha :getin:

Seriously though I've talked to dudes in the SA discord and Short Bus and SLYCE are notable pvp powerhouses responsible for great things such as

Actually he has been ratting in it all day. He was too easy to spook so we nabbed a thanatos instead. Then he warped the aeon in to save the thanatos, and well.

Note this is all second hand. But so far in the last week we've killed about five carriers, one dread, now a super, and a crapload of rattlesnakes.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and say these paisti syndicate guys stupid as gently caress and are going to get murdered by the bakers dozen and Horde has a better chance of keeping Fade than these jackasses do dek.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 2, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly, I've been wanting to kill ratters in Dek for years now so I'm basically living the dream right now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I saw this coming.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Yeah this may come as a shock but 99% of goons don't play eve.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i deleted a really really bad pun from a diplo post(one of an innumerable amount but it was the worst and was such a stretch it cant even be a pun tbh), but the forum software is REALLY loving BAD and choked and hosed up the post formatting irrevocably, kesper or whoever had it saved so nbd (i still got rid of the lovely pun but didn't gently caress up the formatting the second time) but sion leapt into action as much as someone whose voice sounds like watching paint dry can

people told me sion was looking for a reason to oust me and it was unfortunate that's what i got hit on but i cant bring myself to care beyond laughing at how much that dude is a wiener

You did gods work.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Vily's supervillian origin story.

What's his superpower? The ability to be invisible for a year and a half straight?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

cravius posted:

Same tbh. Had a blast playing Planetside 2 and H1Z1 with my goon buds :)

h1z1 was the most fun when we spread out amongst med pop servers. High pops always felt way too looted out/crowded.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Krogort posted:

Space Violence uses deacons for their "small" gang confessor fleet (30ish)

Paging flanders to give us exact definitions of micro - small - medium and :frogsiren: fleet pvp

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

GSF doesn't really do much besides sit in station, and if you're flying stuff it'll be lame interceptor fleets

You are stupid as gently caress.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dragonstalking posted:

Do you even kill anything with those things? The last time I saw them on grid they'd warp in, shoot something (that wouldn't die), a few dudes get tackled and die, and then repeat until Boat dies.

What a blast!

Just boat things.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

Correct. Same with bombs iirc.

Uh unless they introduced a new mechanic in the last year, you can absolutely warp off grid entirely and the bomb still applies damage. It's only if you do a session change (Lose ship/jump out) that the bomb applies no damage.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

So according to the sovmap you've made little to no progress and had little success holding systems- except for a handful of systems in Fade and dumpster space in Pure Blind.

Okay. Thanks for the update!

The amount of salt that is pouring out of the ostentatiously "winning team" sure is a thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

On reflection I didn't want your post polluting mine so I removed the quote. The content still stands.

Edie this behavior is beneath you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Endie posted:

I am an embittered man.

Well we all are for different reasons.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I thought it supplied the mad dog 20/20 at the boat party. Which is like a yacht party only it's at boats house.

Still no girls though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

evilweasel posted:

even i am entosising things

aryth tried but got his rapier quickly blown up

Atrum is out every night.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Don't join blops if you actually want to something besides camp a gate and catch stragglers. :)

Your information is out of date.

Edit: we've killed 4-5 caps and one SC this week.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i feel like maybe he wasnt being sincere

Gatecamping is still a thing, and we focused on that for a bit because most of us were hilariously rusty and blackops pilots are notoriously hard to pry out of their special snowflake ships. Now that we're comped right we're on to more interesting things. So it was a fair cop. Just out of date is all.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

no criticizing leadership allowed

thats stupid because I've openly criticized our current direction on this forum and on goonfleet.com and in Elysium. I've yet to get a Cease and Desist or a "Leave and don't come back".

It's almost like there absolutely must be more to these "And I totally got blacklisted" stories because they sound sketchy as gently caress.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

ya, alright, lemme buy your anecdotal evidence instead of others

"Oh hey guy on the inside, your view is completely wrong I can tell from the outside because I have a clear view of the"

Meanwhile you can search my posts in the last eve thread and find me literally calling GSF TheMittaniMedia Online and yet I'm still on the inside pissing out.

There's plenty of room for criticism here, and no one is sending Digi out to knock down doors/cart off the unbelievers.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ullerrm posted:

I know this is low grade r/eve trolling, but I'm gonna bite. Here's some examples of criticizing GSF leadership, all of which are true criticisms, and all of which have been said without reprisal in the last month or less:

* "I think the directorate was dumb for de-modding deadtear, he may be an rear end in a top hat but he's not a jerk"
* "I think Flanders is being retarded with the Malediction fit, the extra speed isn't necessary, here's a better fit"
* "I think Mittens goes clubbing too often and poo poo falls apart when he's gone, he should either delegate more or club less"
* "I think Asher has poor fashion sense, Serpentis jackets are much better looking"

Notice that all of these items involve naming a specific thing that someone did wrong; some of the good examples even include the reasoning for why it was wrong, or a proposal of what should have been done instead.

Compare with "unspecified members of the directorate did some spooky unspecified mean things that I'm unhappy with, so I'm leaving." This neither specifies an action that was performed, nor explains why an action was harmful, nor does it propose an alternative. It just raises innuendo, encourages people to assume the worst, muddying the water with no opening for improvement or restitution.

In other words, it's not criticism -- it's low-class attention whoring, with a hint of baseless innuendo and muckraking to boot. And that's r/eve's favorite flavor of pigslop.

I've openly stated that I don't care for turning goons into a brand, and that I'm not at all happy about how our leadership has issues separating their Media Identities via The Shittiest Eve News Website Dot Com and their leadership of GSF. I think this would largely be solved if like our number one and number two guy weren't stakeholders in the big dumb gay media empire.

I think giving Sion the robotic boy a talking role in any form of media was a giant loving mistake because the hard edged "Soft vs hard power" diplomacy poo poo doesn't work well in a media format, and what he saw as an attack piece on reddit was pointed out on this very forum as coming off as bitchy crying. Was it bitchy crying? Probably not, but perception is everything.

I think that like it or not r/eve has basically become the new Kugu, and refusing to get in on the ground floor as opposed to just throwing poo poo at the wall to see what would stick was probably a mistake. We've proven time and time again that we can shift and move the culture of Eve Online, not applying those lessons there was stupid.

I think we've so poorly handled old friends and their own concerns about these things that they've walked away. I view the likes of Endie, Blawrf, Suas (Who I can't stand by the way) turning against us as an indicator of an internal sickness that needs to be solved. Basically we need to huff our own farts a little less.

On the other hand of the equation: This war has brought the old small gang dudes out of the woodwork and I'm having a loving blast with blops again. I don't think any of the problems are problems that can't be solved, and as I've said to a few people: Goons in Space as a nullsec power is important to me, and no I don't think Groon or Groon 2.0 with an angry man at the helm really fit the bill. I was hoping DJ would stick around and be kind of an ex CEO sounding board, and make positive waves instead of just dumping a bunch of assholes into every thread. I'd much rather people angry at the way things are try to stick things out and maybe change them for the better than just gently caress off to the He Man Goonhaters club, because problems exist to be solved.

Namaste. Whatever. I severely doubt I'll be kicked out for this post. Nerds.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

nah, not possible

moderators of that subreddit are comically hostile towards us, the chances of it being a neutral ground were nil from the moment it sprang into existence

We turned it hostile against us by mishandling everything about it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Like saying just "Shady things are happening" isn't even that interesting in an alliance that really likes to scam people. I feel that people don't get me as a goon.

Like sure watching our fleets blot out the sun and win the war would be entertaining, but if I could do it by disbanding an alliance and stealing everything not nailed down I'd do it in a heartbeat. Because it's funny.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
haha I decided to go read some Darius Johnson posts on reddit and he sure is convinced we're all being abused or some dumb bullshit.

Like I get it, mittens huffs his own farts, but pretending DJ isn't doing a fair but of butthuffing for dem upvotes on reddit is pretty amazing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

like that is some bitter as gently caress poo poo and idk what the gently caress he's talking about except for my FRIENDLY poo poo TALK WITH MY FRIEND before he went and hosed off

Well you see when he wasn't playing or having anything to do with us he ate heaps of abuse. Or something.

I'm starting to be convinced that you can't be a Goonfleet CEO without being a little bit broken.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Like I almost want to get into Ilum one day on a lark so I can see all of the abuse that is just clearly being heaped around. I'm sure it's riveting boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Walked right into it.

• Locked thread