Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hi new thread

At least my first post is on a page higher than six this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Orange Red Bull posted:

As more nerds leave and there isnt a critical mass to ensure PL's utter safety PL will gently caress right off as well, that means Ncdot too as they are functionally the same

Eh, I imagine they'll stage up north for a good long time - there's too much chum in the water, and if the NRDS pact breaks up they'll have even more targets.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

Serpentis is striking back against the pubbie threat

"Serpentis copyright police, please hand over your knockoff vindicator and report to the local authorities"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Fun fact: golden retrievers are empirically the most boring dog, followed closely by labrador retrievers.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

vyst posted:

German Shepherd supremacy

:godwinning:

addendum: I'm upset that I'm agreeing with you, say something about how your moderation is better than deadtears so things can return to their rightful state

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

while randoming through the goonwiki I found a video of deadtear. it's v good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeberuvLbpg

deadtear what's a pokanoing

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

vyst posted:

deadtear is by far a better mod than me I've never said he wasn't. He's also an rear end in a top hat though so that's probably why he's so good at it (you have to be an rear end in a top hat you see to smite the mongo trash on goonfleet.com down without prejudice)

god dammit you're no help at all

next thing you'll be saying that sig towers shouldn't have gone away

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

titans passing populated planets do the same

Only Iapetan titans do. Regular titans don't affect tides.

e: my favourite "capsuleers are assholes" story is the one The Scope video where the ticker mentioned thousands of grieving families being mad at a capsuleer because he didn't care about losing his titan and "it's already replaced"

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 29, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

LemonDrizzle posted:

neeerrrrrdddd

You're god drat right

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

2 trillion kg is pretty god drat big still

Yeah but you're not artifically inducing natural disasters anymore.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pugnax posted:

Do you think that 10 noobships shouldn't eat poo poo to a battleship?

you're loving retarded

e;fb

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pugnax posted:

I'd love to be educated then. What's the big deal? I legit don't get it and would like to not be loving retarded.

The "big deal" is that titans being able to mass slaughter things that aren't caps and maybe battleships is probably really loving stupid.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pugnax posted:

I don't think a Titan should be able wipe out fleets, unless they're extremely stupid and unlucky. But what about beautiful bombing runs that delete shield battleships? Is that too much power?

That's the crux of the matter - right now, a titan can wipe out a fleet. Battleship fleet would probably be easy, cruiser fleet would be difficult, frigate fleet would be improbable, but all possible.

Bombing runs take coordination and skill of multiple pilots, and there's a significant reaction ability. That's good and proper.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Also yes numerical superiority should absolutely beat SP and ISK past a certain threshold. 100 machs should beat 100 maelstroms. 100 machs should probably beat 150 maelstroms if the machs have a good FC. 100 machs should not beat 200 maelstroms.

Or, a more apt comparison - one battleship should not be able to kill 250 frigates. one dread should not be able to kill 250 cruisers. Extrapolate as necessary.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Xolve posted:

bombing runs take a non-retard

titan doomsdays take the same amount of skill as opening your eve client

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

pugnax posted:

Again, I don't think that there is a lot of merit to 'sum of warm bodies active in one place at a given moment' as a balancing factor.

Pedantic answer: technically those warm bodies have to be in battleships or whatever to be useful, it's more than just having a billion nerds in rookie ships

Real answer: This is a bad opinion. Unironically, not jokingly, a bad and harmful opinion. As I said before, ISK and SP should give you an edge in a fight. It should not be the heal-all panacea that you apply whenever you're in trouble. This sort of opinion hearkens back to the unironic elite pvp "you must be this SP to have fun" mentality that is absolutely cancerous to this game.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Like, the instant you make "having enough friends" not a valid win condition, the game becomes who can get the most expensive toys and old pilots, which means that PL literally wins forever.

"But chicken wing, blah blah blah blue donut friends with everyone dirty blobbers :downswords:"

Yeah it's actually very Cool and Good that making friends and cooperation is the path to success.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

CommonShore posted:

titan doomsday doesn't require a password :colbert:

I have my passwords saved :c00lbutt:

pugnax posted:

Totally agreed, but earlier in the conversation it was pointed out that you couldn't drop on the Titan doomsdaying a gang of scoutless shield cruisers on a gate because the Titan had a friendly fleet waiting. So is there some sort of fairness ratio of fleet sizes?

Worrying about a map full of snipers sounds more like an argument against AFK cloaking.

gently caress the friendly fleet, who in the scoutless shield cruiser fleet has a cyno? What's the likelihood that someone can find a dictor/hic and cyno and get tackle before the titan's DD cycle is up and he jumps out? What's the likelihood that that shield cruiser fleet has a dreadbomb waiting in the wings for just this occasion? What's the likelihood that a dreadbomb can be assembled in the time before the titan fucks off? What's the likelihood that the correct combination of these things happens and the titan is actually dropped on? Before escalation is even an option, you need to take a fuckton of other factors into account.

Realisticially, if the titan pilot does this a bunch then sure you can set a trap for him. Then we get into the escalation argument, and honestly if you have a big 'ol support fleet ready to defend that titan and we can't beat it then sure, you win, that's fair. The problem is, we don't even get to that escalation because in the time it took us to form a fleet and get on grid, the titan has already frogged out and posted five different threads on r/eve

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

So I've been having a lot of fun just screwing around in lowsec with sniggwaffe

sometimes we camp a gate and get some kills, other times we go on roams and kill caracals and faction frigs

all in all it's not a bad time

screwing around is some of the best times you can have in eve

its a very good break from tryharding

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

We put so much effort into this "out of game community" of a coalition with the other allies to form a stronger bond. Then someone puts a little pressure on us and nearly all our allies snap like bread sticks instantly.

I've been enduring FCON for two years and then when the Mongolians are finally at the ramparts. All FCON did was go "see ya!" and then I'm not even allowed to shoot FCON in the back as they jump over the wall and run into the woods.

I actually read something the other day that made this (and basically everything about FCON) make more sense

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/169851-freightergate-2012-fa-vs-fcon-edition/

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Xolve posted:

100 Machs will probably poo poo on 150 Maels as long as you fit them properly (i.e. not whatever that poor yacht fleet fit was).

Although this was probably more of sourcing the necessary fittings for 500+ dudes than a cost issue. There's a reason rank and file infantry doesn't share the same kit as Navy Seals/SOGs.

Okay yeah but you know what I mean.

I'm okay with Titans existing - I just think their utility should be limited to anti-cap and, in some specifically-fit-for situations, anti-BS.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

dont [...] get a dick in the eye

no kinkshaming

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

God dammit, I leave you people alone for one weekend and you make Zephyrine leave :(

Good luck Zeph, hopefully your time in PH shows you the light and you at least go chill with Groon instead :sun:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

You don't have to hold back, Kim. Tell us how you really feel.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

Goonfleets soup pot is somewhere on the private servers forum.

I would guess that a majority of people who read this thread are Imperium goons, so this is still primarily a goonfleet-aligned soup pot.

Note that I said "read this thread" not "post in this thread" because the non-Imperium folks most certainly try to make up for their lack of readership in post volume :v:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

The heck is AA

Where people go after finding ways of coping with Archeage

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Where people go after finding ways of coping with Archeage

same but this thread

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

A majority of people who read this thread are regular goons thinking "This game sounds interesting. Let's see what's going on in thi OH DEAR GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVE GOONS!?"

Then they flee and never return.

From what I've heard, the stigma surrounding the eve thread is widely circulated and most people already know precisely how terrible evegoons are before setting foot in here.

That or they're j4gs and deserve everything that's coming to them

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Personally I don't see why people give so much of a poo poo about ~the leadership~ and ~the direction~ of goonwhatever. It is eminently possible to find a group of people you like Doing A Spaceship with in our big dumb coalition and then never poking your head outside that group again, all while remaining under the sheltering umbrella of all our established quality of life stuff.

Don't like space-TPS-reports? Don't get a spacejob (or, get a spacejob that doesn't require you to fill out space-tps-reports, which is most of them). e: additionally, don't be offended when you get purged from your spacejob for not actually doing your spacejob. Space-TPS-reports are one thing, getting a title and then promptly loving off while reveling in your newfound space-importance is another.

Don't like interceptor fleets? Do something with miniluv or badops foreign legion or just join a loving caracal fleet who cares? Hell, just grab a handful of friends in some kitchen sink bullshit and go look for a fight.

Don't like :yikes: stuff like doxxing or *-ism? First, learn yourself with respect to what doxxing actually is because the definition some of you are working with is loving comical, then when something actually lovely happens holler and bleat about wherever you want it because people don't actually get purged for not ~bending the knee~ and probably there will be a bunch of Imperium folks who agree with you. (See: questionable blackops channels).

ChickenWing fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 5, 2016

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

My first real corp!

Good to see they haven't improved :sun:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Goatman Sacks posted:

Hey what happens to the money sunk into outpost upgrades when CCP eventually deletes them in favor of citadels? Or is that so far on the horizon that it's not even worth mentioning?

IIRC CCP mentioned something about a buyback program. That might have just been for POSes though

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Jazzzzz posted:

Let me make sure I understand - was this dude ratting/running am anom in a Sin? 1) wtf 2) how do you lose a blops BS to an exploration cruiser?

Sins are genuinely good PvE ships. I used to use a plex service where one of the guys blitzed with 2 sins and he was pretty drat quick.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

i dont think you understand people very well because I mean FORCED grouping, people who lurk are still lost in the crowd

Yep. Force community on folks. Bring back Greek squads imo to fill the void left by all the other dead squads.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

When I checked my bookmarked threads this morning there were 780 unread posts here.

I read all of them

In hindsight I feel that was a mistake.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

How's being a mod again deadtear? I haven't posted much on gf.com in a while so I haven't been able to see your handiwork firsthand

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Foehammer007 posted:

I don't believe people still actually do this, did the past how many threads not prove this idea being dumb? Always skip to last page and start "fresh"

I hate missing context :(

Fun fact: contrary to everything I ever believed in, running missions in hisec has proven to be a passable excuse to log in to eve when I only have like 30 mins to play. It's no AFK ratting, but for now it'll do.

I look forward to when I have a solid block of hours to play and can finally bring my blops toys out to fade to hang out with the big kids

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

well that was a delight to read

"you better step off man or I'm gonna post at you so hard"

I hope space things are going better than thread things. Are we still dead/gay/winning fights? I noticed that we've rolled grindrfleet out once or twice, how's that going?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

War Eagle posted:

Pfffft. The main doctrines are Confessors and Stealth Bombers. Get it right.

Space things are still going pretty much as expected. After blobbing everyone in Eve for several years, we are now being counter blobbed and can't really do anything about it. Dropping some citadels (most of which blow up), killing what enemies we can, and dying hilariously on the undock in Saranen. (Even though we have a citadel in Saranen that everyone can base out of for a couple of weeks before it blows up) Spirits are high for everyone that doesn't play Eve just to Rat/Mine, and we're about to lose the last of our space as soon as the bad guys push us out of Pure Blind.

Okay so as expected, cool beans. I continue to eagerly anticipate having more than 30 consecutive minutes to fly spaceships.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Aw, my grindr tempest is insured and I was hoping that I might eventually get to exercise that when I got back :<

luv2getreimbursed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

You do realize that, while at first people may have been telling you to shut up because lol gf.com meme, now people are telling you to shut up because you have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a terrible word-salad thin-skin poster. Please, please either put on your posting armour and stop giving a poo poo about words on the internet or continue eating increasingly longer probations so that we only have to listen to your insane frothing as infrequently as possible

thanks and god bless :angel:

• Locked thread