Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hole squads FC policy is "whoever wants to dive in"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would say pit of snakes but i'm p sure phil reads these threads.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has CCP ever said why all the moons look like THE moon and not yknow just smaller planets?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who says hole squad's dead :unsmith:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

Why is that? It seems like dreads, titans and supers are all going to be able to gently caress up subcaps p hard

Except they are thin enough now that they would incur losses which generally isn't something NC. at the very least takes well. PL's super fleet could explode tomorrow and they would be fine, but the people they call ally at the moment would collapse fairly rapidly if they lost a few dozen supers.

Suicide Dreads also got a massive buff so expect to see some rapid changes in how fast and loose people are willing to play in the future.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LemonDrizzle posted:

Suicide dreads have marginally more dps than they used to, but are made of tissue paper and broken dreams. If a few properly spaced titans with AoE doomsdays fire on a blob of suicide dreads, the dreads are going to vaporize.

Dreads now have excellent overheated tank and are cheaper to build/supply. And since for suicide dreads movement doesn't matter you can easily make up the EHP with plates and extenders. DD's also still have windup times, and Titans themselves have lost a lot of EHP as well.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goatman Sacks posted:

Super EHP nerfs are made up for by plates and their roll bonuses to those plates. Also armor dreads will need to sacrifice damage modules in favor of plates just to break even. I don't really see this updating as making dread bombing any more effective - though at least it'll be cheaper to lose dozens of dreads for no reason.

If that super was combat fit and it has a weapons time it won't be able to refit to tank when the dread bomb hits. It also won't be able to get reps at all from nearby supers. Plus it will have to deal with the fact it can't moonwalk out anymore because all those suicide dreads will probably have a capital scram fit on them with a support fleet of little poo poo helping tackle.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

abigserve posted:

*used to, now you just complain a lot about getting blobbed

where is the complaining?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Siets posted:

My pug is a beautiful angel.

He can hang out with hole squads other meme dog

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

The fact that the coalition went off the rails with dumb imperium/viceroy poo poo is a non arguable point.

Do you mean in the sense we reduced the size of the CFC when we formed the Imperium or that the Viceroy poo poo was "To Evil"?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Landsknecht posted:

the new sov system is a vast improvement because the previous one was just an escalation challenge

This one is still an escalation challenge. Whoever brings the most small gangs wins.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
something extremely fitting about groon having the first citadel and citadel loss.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fix Lag posted:

we deported our structure-management incompetence to groon (rip groon guys, please come back, we still love you) and successfully set up a citadel while destroying all who dared gaze upon Mi Mi Coleslaw's Beach Resort

Best thing is we dropped right after a bunch of elite pvp wormhole people came into system and made fun of us for not having one. The ultimate :condi:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fortress Goku remains strong, as long as we are on that real poo poo the Imperium still technically owns space

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
all the directors who don't log in like the ones currently out leading fleets, entosising enemy sov, or being on that real poo poo.

baggage

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's my 10,000 word complaint attention whore post where I cite no examples and whine like a tea kettle.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 2, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

I love hole squad but I'm not bittervet enough to retire in there.

Most of the people in hole squad aren't any were close to being bittervets and a lot of us have characters we use to regularly do stuff in k-space with the rest of the Alliance. Although considering you bought into the dumb ivory tower bullshit meme I'm not entirely surprised you believe in other dumb ones.

I can't even parse the joining PH part because it just means nobody is ever going to forget you did that and it puts you and ever single one of your characters on a huge shitlist. I mean holy poo poo just leave on good terms to a neutral alliance THEN jump ship instead of flaming out and crashing in the biggest gaggle of morons this side of Delve. The only worse choice you could have picked was Test or CO2.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It might be because I spent a large part of my career beyond the gates but it always blows me away when people are willing dive off the cliff I spent climbing.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's just a game. Them going to go play with other people isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.

My entire point is that the "grass is always greener" mentality people have about life outside the Imperium is honest to god kinda crazy sometimes. People are free to do whatever they want, doesn't mean they are immune from getting made fun of for doing it :v:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Angelique, please don't go to horde. come lose ships stupidly with us in Groon. Horde is the worst, even knowing I was about to awox them it was about all I could take to be in channel with them. Don't do it!!!

Going to throw in my endorsement of Groon here. I may not have ever been in Groon, but the people they had in hole squad were extremely on that real poo poo and I will always miss them. Especially when we Vargur.

edit: also I apologize for my unchill posting back up thread. Finals day got to me.

Venom Snake fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 3, 2016

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elmnt80 posted:

https://zkillboard.com/br/75731/

Also, groon are the superior goon elite peeveepee option in new eden. ten year old characters with a minimum 150m skillpoints and at least 4 titans only please.

Hey at least our citadel didn't blow up :smugissar:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Butt Discussin posted:

Why? Did something happen, or were they just like "if you leave you aren't allowed to come back!"

Generally if you leave to join the people currently attempting to keep us out of our homes it doesn't go over well.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

You heard it here first. Accusing our leadership of shady actions is worthy of blacklisting.

Are you illiterate or just to lazy to read her post were she outlines she's joining the barbarian hordes currently squatting in our former home.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lets be for real here, the reason is the former bit "im joining horde" the second is just random why the gently caress is it there

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

your posting has been very unchill lately

I apologized for throwing poo poo at her last night but being surprised at someone being blacklisted for joining the enemy in the middle of a war is a bit dumb.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Please explain the part about accusing leadership of shady poo poo then.

She had no evidence and refused to give specifics, and that combined with peace'ing out to join our current enemy is in and of itself shady. If you leave in the middle of the war to join the people currently attempting to keep us out of our space don't expect to be handle with kiddie gloves when throwing out accusations.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

So literally accusing ones leadership of shady stuff is an influencing factor in being blacklisted? Like, the same treatment reserved for corp thiefs and spys. Ok then.

Accusing ones leadership of shady stuff with no evidence and then subsequently leaving and joining the enemy, yes. Idk why your trying to make it seem like she raised some concerns then was thrown out.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

i missed this but holy lol

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If he's in a well tanked skiff or procurer he should be fine.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

Or we can just put blinkers on and ignore it and hope it goes away.

how do we fix the DJ problem when he literally things were being used/abused or w/e ALA Lemba "Mittani forced me to abuse my family". Like it's a complete non-sequitur.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Incoming effort post:

The reason why you see a lot of people leaving and throwing lots of poo poo as they leave is because it is always easier to throw the responsibility of change on others. When it comes to making poo poo better the most effective solution is almost always "be the change you want to see" but it's :effort: . If you don't really give a poo poo there's nothing stopping you from writing up a big ol' GOODBYE NERDS I HATE YOU post and leaving for the nearest greener pasture then getting showered in karma and appreciation from the public. Now this isn't to say everyone who leaves doesn't care, but they are leaving because they amount they care isn't enough for them to care to fix what they think is wrong. That coupled with the reward one receives from throwing poo poo after leaving means the incentive to just say "gently caress it you all suck" and leave is higher than the incentive to stay and fix poo poo.

Ultimately this war is nothing new to me, I lived with stainwagon for a decent amount of time and Iv experienced the cycle of losing space and retreating till your enemy gets bored and moving back in more than once. The amount of insane Sky Is Falling Posting I see all the time is annoying in the extreme because it's just baseless speculation that if you thought about for more than 5 minutes you would realize is silly. I assume this is what people are talking about when they refer to Summer Children, but tbh it's more or less a case of people not paying any attention then getting mad when they don't know what's going on. Iv seen way more older members flip the gently caress out lately than newer members. Like DJ in a nutshell is him A. Not paying any attention whatsoever to the situation and B. reacting like an idiot to a situation that doesn't exist. You can't fix an issue like that when the person is already wrapped themselves in the cloak of self-righteousness.

In the Immortal Words of Garnt: You can either waste your time chasing the old days and try and capture lightning in a bottle or try and make something new. Id much rather our direction be something new and interesting than just having a circlejerk to try and appease the old bittervets who stopped giving a crap a long time ago.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Pangloss posted:

For my part, I think we are missing the mark with the Fabian Strategy.

Thing is, I can't agree with this. Iv seen it work in EVE multiple times.

cravius posted:

So I see a common thread where dudes like Venom complain that those leaving don't stay and try and reform GSF from within. How exactly do you see that reform happening? I'm too lazy to go dig it up but I remember a Mittens post talking about how it's easier to just get rid of dissenters than address their complaints. (I think this was the post about how truegoons go fuckgoons) anyway, what's an average line member gonna do? It's not like we can vote the current leadership out. It's pretty frustrating so a lot of guys just leave to a better cultural fit.

It's pretty easy to talk to directors these days with Elysium and just bothering to seek them out. And the reason I complain is I don't like it when valuable people leave, Id rather them stay and try to make a difference because leaving just makes it harder on all the people trying to fix poo poo. Although it's a video game and people are free to go and do what they want.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unfunny Poster posted:

This was the same post made on BNI's director forums during their whole issue where their leadership drove out people who were useful because they couldn't handle criticism.

I hope you learn from this piece of information Venom Snake.

I kinda see the opposite happening here as far as driving out criticism. And nothing in my post mentioned that people who dissent should be axed.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

cravius posted:

Yes bitching in Elysium will effect change

Hence the added on "bothering to seek them out" part to. Directors don't bite.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

Theta is sort of a tricky bunch in that regard. They highlight everything that was wrong with the coalition. A whole group dedicated to ratting. Meanwhile internally they unironically viewed themselves as the stonecutters from The Simpson.

Though I suppose they did have some sort of conspiracy level power because for a while the Alliance did actually have peacetime SRP for ratting carriers. Assuming they were boot fit (which all of them were). Which in itself was so ridiculous that it should have caused an outrage on its own.

Then Deklein was taken and Theta started these grand plans for guerilla warfare against the invaders. With pictures of African rebels wielding rocket launchers. To show that "This is how Theta does things" and to show that Deklein would certainly not go uncontested.

But all they ever did was head to Saranen and discuss what level 4 missions would best replace nullsec ratting.

Lmao for someone super intent on joining Horde you don't know fuckall about Fade.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foehammer007 posted:

oh the guy trying to role play with sleepers or something

:downs:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hole Squad does lots of small gang with random FC's :shobon:

We just roamed a hellbubbled region for a few hours. Also it's cool that CCP has the new Drifters randomly great you on wormholes.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Foehammer007 posted:

Or are you going to cry again

what

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RhoA posted:

You know exactly what he means.

:reddit:

nah

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Remember that time you made that huge post were you were extremely upset we shot a FCON idiot who brought a neutral jump freighter to dek. Id also like to know if all these Ishtars and VNI's we have been killing lately get handed out for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zephyrine posted:

What magic recruitment formula did horde crack to get all these people that karmafleet didn't? And then to keep them afterwards.

Karmafleet requires an API

• Locked thread