Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Ambaire posted:

one very expensive loss later. You might say I learned a valuable lesson... well, maybe not that well, since I went back to missioning, but this time in a full T2 fit golem since by then I had the skills to use T2 modules.

Can't use T2 modules, but slaps a ton of blue and green on a faction BS hull... smdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

i had 5 incursion multiboxing nightmares, each fit with about 3 bil of stuff and I was making a bit over a billion ISK an hour.

e: and to reply to your post, i couldn't use any t2 modules and this was before injecting, so i just factioned/deadspaced everything

Not surprised.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Dalael posted:

I remember that one time, I was in a nemesis and uncloaked to torpedo a frigate in low sec.
No, I was not drunk or high. Yes, I am that stupid and bad at EVE.

E: To be fair, he looked AFK at the time.

I popped out of a wormhole in a stealth bomber, saw a hulk on scan, warped over to him and opened up. Concord was there to remind me that aggression results in death in high sec. Oops.

The hulks mtu grabbed my loot, but I ran back and got another ship to blow up the mtu and get it back. High sec rules are weird.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Pale Peril posted:

E: That flash sale is now over, its back to $19.99.

I picked up 5 of them. These are the best for safaris, even if Corp thievery is in a nosedive due to Citadels.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Baculus posted:

Once upon a time I got spit out of a wormhole into low-sec and found a venture in an ore site on d-scan. I killed him and podded him in a Purifier before I bothered to notice that he was literally like 6 hours old and probably wasn't bait.

Welcome to EVE.

That's the best introduction to Eve you can give someone.

AAPsel posted:

Now if you did that in a 350m garmur you would be on par with jawe. Did you call out that you had it tackled on coms too?

Haha, amazing. It really is disoriented when you live in wormholes 100% of the time and can freely engage anyone, then you pop into high sec. It's like when you're roaming low sec and your route takes you through that one high sec system and you're blown away by all the people in local and mining barges on scan. The reflex of "TACKLE-KILL-AS-FAST-AS-YOU-CAN" kicks in.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6521123

Paging Boney. Miniluv workload just got reduced by a ton.

//edit: should reload the page before adding a post.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Xolve posted:

I use all of those, for one fleet comp or another.

Sure, but how many fingers do you have on one hand? I feel like your silence on this matter is speaking volumes.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Xolve posted:

Yeah- but that was the answer he gave in his application question for 'how to move a super/titan'. People are just mocking him in that thread for it.

Good man Alchemist8 calling him out.

Sounds like the issue that he has is that the guy was dumb enough to talk about using an exploit on a public forum, not that he was planning on using the exploit. Not even sure how that's debatable really.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Xolve posted:

And sure GSF doesn't boot people from the corp for doing stupid things like renaming stations, posting dissent, or withdrawing capitals early- and you certainly wouldn't regulate a FC that jumps instead of bridges to frigates and cruisers either, right? :nallears:

Restricting the ability the comps someone can lead for strategic fleets because they stupidly get us involved in massive bloodbaths involving expensive coalition assets == booting someone because their dumb solo losses hurt our kb stats.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Woops, your manic phase ended I see. Iddums need hugs?

AV/post combo, :tipshat:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Look at my killboard and tell me if you think I'm good at PvP.

Look at this scrub... dies every time he gets a kill.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Smdh, at least four of those kills have no associated killmail.

You've just described most of my PVP efforts.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Divine Blob posted:

As a noob is it smart to join Goonswarm in their current situation?

No, and don't join Groon, either.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

I actually logged on, lead a fleet, and had fun in EVE yesterday.

I missed that so badly.

Got my first solo double-kill. Was a great day for me, too!

Edit: then I lost back to back Atrons to a Phorde dude in an arty Firetail, so it wasn't all kittens and rainbows.

Dr. Pangloss fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 18, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Who cares about isk if the environment is unchill as a result?

Apparently there are some people that do. Given that inclusion in the group, like inclusion in all groups in Eve, is voluntary, I'm struggling to see the issue. I think blopsing would be a lot of fun, but have no interest in the group because :laffo: if some dude yells at me for losing an internet spaceship, but whatever for those that don't mind it.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

I've been hanging out with Black Ops a lot since we lost our space, and I haven't seen anything that rises to the level of the concern posting here. There is no space drill instructor screaming at you for warping at range instead of at 0. The worst thing I have been present for is a terse "Why the gently caress would you do that?!" followed by people offering legitimate suggestions on how best to avoid that particular mistake in the future.

Black Ops isn't a hug-box where it's OK to gently caress up and you are still a special snowflake in need of coddling. Most of the people that join are interested in learning how to play differently/better. It's not for everyone, but nobody is required to be there either.

Concern posting? Nice meltdown. I don't give a rats rear end whether you flay your people alive while they weep. Bonus room them, plungers on heads, whatever. My point was that if they volunteered for it, they are good to go. They can walk away from it whenever they like, which is what you said and what I said, too. Maybe you quoted the wrong person.

This is what I was responding to:

quote:

We will critique, shame, and expel/abort people who die horribly in poorly fit ships. Do not waste our time by applying if you cannot handle criticism or refuse to improve.

To which I said:

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Given that inclusion in the group, like inclusion in all groups in Eve, is voluntary, I'm struggling to see the issue.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

My apologies, that was poor wording on my part. I was referring to the concern posting in the entire thread, not you. :sun:

E: spelling

Ah, cool. :cheers:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

The only places you should ever worry about steak going to give you any food poisoning is if you go to like, a Ponderosa or Texas Road House or something like that. If you're the kind of person who goes to these restaurants anyway you're probably someone who unironically will go to Applebees for any reason and that's problem enough.

The only way you can get sick from eating raw steak is if it's handled incorrectly or the cow itself was sick (there's tons of safeguards before beef ever gets to the chopping block if the latter is true). Chances are if you get sick eating steak at home it's because you probably took a poo poo, didn't wash your hands, then dropped it on the floor and didn't even bother to cook it for any amount of time at all on a hot grill. If you get sick at a restaurant it's because you need to choose higher quality restaurants.

This is from way back, but :agreed: and lol if you eat anything except the rolls and butter at Texas Roadhouse.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Is this one of those things where not playing on the weekend is going to leave me stranded?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Zakrello posted:

the now obsolete learning skills. meh

I think he's more just saying that he'd be for something along the lines of: every time you log in at least two days in a row, you get a 5% boost in training rate for that alt.

It's basically the 10k per first rat killed hurdle. It's sound in theory, but difficult to make the hurdle applicable across all play styles and also actually lead to people actually playing, rather than just log-on/log-off/skill booooooossstt!

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Starting? You missed that by like 15 pages.

PGL without PL holding his dick is like contracting known and dedicated goon antagonist Harry Forever to destroy our isk income generation methods

Man, you got me with this one. I remember Harry Forever uncloaking to torp my cyno blackbird. Got him into low structure before he got out of range of my point.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

We should all make eve characters with our RL names as the character names to increase immersion

Already have.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

No. Sniping is retarded.

mlyp?

Nah, I actually agree with you.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Baculus posted:

No it wouldn't. The Bowhead only has 30% more ship maintenance bay capacity than a Chimera - which is already jump capable, and can carry your unpacked BS, scouts, and logi ships for you to fly.

gwrtheyrn posted:

A theoretical jump bowhead would have the industrial jump fatigue reduction

This, but also the bowhead wouldbe able to go into high security space which, you know, is a pretty big deal for high sec incursions.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Id love to see an AT with double the points and no limits on the number of pilots on a side.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
And by "see" I mean read about a week after it happens.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Morris posted:

Tonight in the elite small gang fozziesov defense of the O5K-Y6 constellation, a lone Executioner chases around 4 cloaky Tristans trying to get a fight.

End result: warping node to node trying to ~break their spirits~ or at least their entosis cycle. Emergent gameplay not achieved.

I got one of them into hull but he broke tackle because my cap skills are poo poo :smith:

This makes me wonder something...

If you put a remote sensor disruptor with a scan res reduction script in it on someone with a protocloak, is it stack penalized against their cloak or do you get the full effect? I guess same thing with targeting range.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Of course there's a counter gameplay. The enemy fleet will have the same effect. Only this time you don't spend 20 minutes setting up fleet boosts and waiting for that guy with the faction mindlinks to move his alt over.

hey dude, easy. He's in Tama, but I only use him when the OTHER guy is running links. And if I remember to log him in. Or I don't need the JF pilot that is on the same account.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I thought you had to pull for a non-poo poo college football team to actually enjoy sports?

:vince:

Still, this is decidedly false, though that should never get in the way of a Florida dig.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

nex posted:

ugh, I used to be a #freekismeteer poster, but I'm starting to see the error of my ways..

:same:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Baculus posted:

Actually VG - I had made a comment about acrimonious divorces and I also said that I hope dear leader was able to keep his puppy (which he seemed to really adore) - because pets are technically property, and so they're usually awarded to one owner.

Shitmeteer came in afterwards and implied that he knew that Mittens had actually lost Sitka and this was amusing to him.

I think.

IDK it's friday :2bong:

You're talking about two separate incidents. Both happened as they were described.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Nice meltdown.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

they also lose their poo poo if you kill the mothership and complete the site

Stop high sec incursions by running high sec incursions even harder!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

The difference in freighters versus JFs though is a freighter has to make choices to stay alive. They have to sacrifice value of cargo, they have to sacrifice cargo space, they ALWAYS have to risk their ship, and if someone wants to kill you, you can very easily die if you made bad choices. Freighters are easily killable in lowsec and null. Freighters are really only (mostly) viable in highsec. As a ganker, you can't even interact with the majority of JF traffic in the game- outbound traffic; JFs literally undock, jumps out, and it's gone. No interaction. Just gone. I've seen JFs with 30-50b multiple times a day jumping out, and the PL ganking modus operandi was to get the ones that hopped to sobaseki and then jumped out, but briefly went to an instaundock. We got quite a few good ones, but they still had ample time to jump out if they were ready. I have no problem with the status of freighters, even with the EHP buff. I have no problems with the removal of hyperdunking.

The only problem with DSTs is that they can do the cloak-mwd trick which pretty much makes them waaay too good, because in order to cargo scan/ship scan them, you must telegraph to them you're going to kill them, which means that if they're hauling something of value at all, they're just going to dock up and come back later, or split their cargo in half, or refit, etc, and have a very fast de-cloaker, and still be able to break 100k-300k ehp.

I know that it is unlikely that CCP will change this, but I'm not gonna let that get in the way about talking about ganking, something I very much love about this game.

These are good :words:. I'm small time, especially grad school and work are owning my life right now, but I still make 6-8 trips between my farm and jita per week. I usually get all my stuff to a high sec right off of low sec and then freighter it in, but I actually feel so much safer taking my JF to Jita because the exit cyno means I'm invincible. With my freigher, I'm usually forced to bring a webbing alt in a DD and even then I get nervous when my cargo is over 10b (it's usually 4-5b, so I'm not one of the guys that globby is talking about above).

I really like the idea of a jump drive warm up timer. Another option would be to not allow jump drives to be activated while on 0 on citadels or stations, like cloaks. Maybe you have to be 2km off a structure before you can jump? The combination of the two would force people either to warp to a safe or be ok not being able to instantly dock up at the first sign of trouble, then take 15-30 seconds to warm up their jump drive before jumping, giving plenty of opportunity to either bump off station or scan down the safe spot before the JF can jump. You could even scale the timer by the distance you're trying to jump. So 15 seconds = 1LY, 30 seconds = your max jump range.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

ullerrm posted:

I vote for letting them back in just so the shitposting can go somewhere else

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

justsharkbait posted:

No beans? isn't that the whole point of chili?

Never let this guy in. No beans in chili snipe!

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I had this, they responded pretty fast to the petition, sounds like as soon as they've worked it out they'll refund the points

Me, too. Lost two weeks of HAC 5. Why am I training HAC 5 on my Nag pilot? I still don't know.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

i only wanted to gank in and around jita because it was the only place where there were enough freighters to gank consistently that had high enough numbers so PL members wouldn't get bored. I was also the only FC, bumper and scout for the most part

DisgracelandUSA posted:

just bc I was more dedicated to running an organization than lol ganking freighters compared to the rest of the ganking community.

Also:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

maybe he should have called it squeal team six

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

rolling holes isn't really the "problem" so much as it is the ludicrous interconnectivity of C5/C6 space

re-allocating statics in C5/C6 space to reduce the number of C5 to C6 connections from 50%+ to 10% and ensuring no C5/6 -> C5/6 hole connects to a C5 or C6 with a C5/6 static would do a lot more good in this regard

I think this would have been great as a formational design, but now that Hard Knocks and the WHCFC are entrenched in C6 space, this change would just make it completely impossible to oust them. It's one thing to roll holes for hours, knowing you have a 5% chance of getting a specific C6 to seed capitals in, it's another if that chance is infinitesimally small.

And wormholes already have fatigue in the form of jump timers. That's why you need a group of 6 or more people to effectively rage roll.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Jbz posted:

Pooki if you buy VG injectors and give them a good price for their minerals I'll move this rorq I have down and give it to them.

e- ohgod i forget who is who, I think you are pooki

You can give it to me, I'm turning my off grid booster into a rorqual pilot.

Also, you don't need to give it to me, but I am in the market for one, if you don't need it. Rather buy from a goon than some LS rando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

lots of poors hate things they are too poor to afford, much like in real life how the poor bernies try and stop the rich trumps from having their money

:agreed: I could buy more than a few supers, but I kinda hate that they are in the game, as they are implemented. I think there could be a way that they could be good for eve, but not as they currently are.

• Locked thread