Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ullerrm posted:

Dank Upboats does not have Reality as a prereq skill.

It's also that the ZKB cost is not the replacement cost for a lot of hulls at the moment, especially when it comes to caps and supers. Have you seen what dekswat is charging to build supers these days? Rigged Sotiyos have completely broken the old price points.

Prices aren't that low compared to old prices, just compared to not having space prices. So far the primary difference is just that it is so much loving easier than it used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

please stop letting unfunny poster think it's ok to post

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I would suspect even if they got there by a clear-cut, reproducible bug, as long as the bug wasn't intentionally triggered by a hostile in a way you could classify as an exploit they wouldn't get reimbursed unfortunately.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that said the alliance production corp literally had an aeon sitting around waiting for a buyer and another rolling off the presses this week so we managed to lose the supercaps we can most quickly replace

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

tickets to the gunt show posted:

This is above and beyond the numerous purveyors of fine super-caps who are already hawking their wares, right?

Yep. Though of course, we sell our production as well, but since I was too lazy to take orders for a while we had ones we had these two we were just planning on dumping on super s-mart so it worked out really well. We've owned an aeon bpo for ages and it hasn't been useful since like 2012, but suddenly it's useful as hell again.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Why are Aeons popular again? I thought the meta was all Nyxes and Hels now.

All supercarriers are popular now. Aeons are not as popular as the others though.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

our nyx bpo, which has been in copy for like three years, is even more useful now

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

no bones about it posted:

I could fly one but lmao at the idea of plonking down 20+ b for a ship

you can rat in it, which is the most gsf-friendly change they've made to supercaps in years

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

he;pl skill queue running out wat train http://eveboard.com/pilot/Chicken_Wing

e: answers shall not include mining/industry skills

minmatar dread V is the obvious first choice

also at a minimum IV the sensor comp skills and probably V them, and you're even missing two of them

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 4, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

but seriously, dread V, if you're dropping your naglfar you want top damage

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

Couldn't she technically give herself all the skill points off that character via injectors?

No, since you get less SP out of injectors if you're over certain thresholds. You'd lose a lot of SP doing this.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jazzzzz posted:

Since other folks asked for training suggestions, http://eveboard.com/pilot/KingSkunk

Sounds like I should get thermo and sensor comps to 5. Was training towards a Sin (Blops 4), think I have Min BS 5 in queue since I haven't been logging in/paying attention. This dude is mostly subcap but has some carrier stuff.

You've got almost all of the amarr dread skills trained to II. At least finish training them to IV (dread, cap turret, tactical weapons reconfig). Won't take long, significantly increases the utility.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Meridian posted:

Is there a separate Goonswarm forum or are you referring to a thread somewhere around here that I missed?

goonfleet.com

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the only people who like anime that aren't pedophiles are people who are themselves underage so its acceptable that they like other underage people imo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

eonwe can be wrong!

we knew that already

eonwe posted:

anime is good

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

please dont engage that really actual crazy person mandozer

same but with different implied grammar

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I love that killboards now can tell, for example, that an idiot who doesn't know what the "jump" part of jump freighter means died in his jf taking gates :laffo:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Viva Miriya posted:

also the carrier that warped to the sun and died

without more, I would assume the anom it died in just happened to be closer to the sun than anything else

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

rleonis posted:

Hi, returned vet (hope so) here.

I have few questions:

1) What is the difference between KarmaFleet and Goonwaffe?

2) Is there any active war?

3) The_Mittani still active?

4) I saw economical reports from the CCP and Delve looks abnormal in comparison with other regions, especially by amount of ore mined, why?

1) they're different corporations, in practice for individual members not much, karmafleet recruits from reddit while Goonwaffe theoretically recruits from here, but they're both megacorps
2) yeah, we're fighting test in Catch
3) yes
4) goons are the only major entity that actually lives in 0.0 and have taken to mining like a pig to poo poo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

There is going to be a point at the end of this year where GSF will be able to field a full fleet of supercarriers every time in delve, but power projection will be lmao

at this point i'm more expecting One Thousand Rorquals to replace the One Thousand Megathrons

supercarriers, after all, can't mine

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Doctor Malaver posted:

I'd like to give the game a try but I probably won't have the time or the patience to become a decent player. So my questions are

- do any goon corporations accept turd-level recruits
- does anyone want me as a referral
- can I fool around with character creation or should I follow some path right from the start (for the off-chance I do try to become decent one day)

- that's what the alliance has always been built on!
- no, that's for irl friends only but you shouldn't need one
- go nuts, you can no longer permanently gently caress up your character (though don't use your attribute respecs until you know what you're doing), if you decide all your training was worthless you just start training what you want (and you can skillgoop out the old skills and use the SP for new skills if you want, though that'll cost isk/money).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Keegers posted:

My morale is so broken I am playing Albion online

say hi to greyscale

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I'm not sure what I win, I wasn't actively trying to win anything :(

you won endless mandozer posting

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

If that's the prize, nobody wins. :(

when it comes to mandozer posting, nobody wins

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

Can y'all not be an rear end in a top hat to Paco when he made a normal post? He just talked about a stratios and kept it to a single sentence. Telling him to shut the gently caress up is only acceptable when he does stream of consciousness multiparagraph replies.

yeah unfunny poster's posting is definitely the worse posting crime

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

stale meme dot png posted:

clearly someone not paying attention, so sadly he gets what he gets.

he died on a gate with a two slot tank

a lack of attention wasn't the problem

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

Ahem he had 3 invulns and an extender.

But really it was a 1 slot tank because he probably had 0 cap and didn't have a cap booster or damage control fitted

oh whoops missed that he had three invulns

so, like, three slot tank because stacking penalties

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

amazeballs posted:

Dude logs in after three years of inactivity without doing any scouting. Tries to convo random people in system to sell his Wyvern and then warps to a planet and gets stuck on a POCO. Sabre found him and we dropped dreads. :rip: poor guy. His Wyvern survived B-R too :911:

In other news, what are the odds that both TEST and GSF titan pilots are retarded enough to jump instead of bridge in the same engagement? :iiam:

and what are the odds that the test titan is fit better :cripes:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

iospace posted:

oh, and that goon titan was former TEST. :laffo:

oh

did someone let despera back in?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

amazeballs posted:

This is the kind of poo poo I subject myself to on a daily basis. :negative:

that guy is one of the worst test posters and, given the ones in this thread alone, that sure says a lot

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

Seems like you could use a snipping tool to keep a copy of local up and set an alarm for the compression cycle. I can see why goons are doing it.

It's not super important to keep local up because you're stuck in place. As long as you get an alert when you start getting shot at, you have time to activate panic, get help, and light a cyno. If help can't come in time, doesn't really matter if you noticed them coming 30s earlier.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

Does he still have any political power in game then? One day all of his old fans will :sever: if all he can do is post on reddit.

Is this lukewarm support for him just in case he gets unbanned and begins to throw around money again?

I think that's basically it, just on the off chance lennybux return people might as well be polite. But with NETC getting shithoused without any effective response I suspect he's lost whatever influence he used to have among anyone that matters.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Keegers posted:

Whoever made this deserves isk:

gonna go out on a limb and suggest Cailos made it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LCL-Dead posted:

And what are citadels?

Outposts, but you can destroy them and can deploy them without sov.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LCL-Dead posted:

When I left the game back in late 13/early 14 there was speculation/rumor that CCP was going to push out the station interiors soon for people to walk around in. Has anything come of that?

I noticed that the air still isn't suited for clones or whatever when I was checking out the game and trying to remember how to navigate the UI earlier today.

Yes, you could walk around a single room and not interact with anyone or anything, and everyone turned it off. They since canceled World of Darkenss, which was the only reason they were doing it in the first place: to write code for WoD they could charge to EVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

why is packo still in gsf
bad posting only gets you roed, not kicked out

we'd be a much smaller alliance if only good posters could be members

• Locked thread