Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I am glad the police can act so responsibly on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LibertyCat posted:

I think it's a stretch to call it Torture. We're not waterboarding them, nor tearing off their fingernails, nor forcing them to go without sleep. They made the choice to try to come here knowing what would happen and are free to return to their own country at any time.

If I could teleport them instantly back to say Indonesia, I would.

please teleport yourself into the sun tia

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

ScoMo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Who would even want to invade this shithole country anyway

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I am eagely waiting liberation by a country which is racist/backwards

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Reading the UPF Facebook page, it is only a matter of time until one of those extremists attacks some and either seriously injures or kills someone.

The rhetoric being espoused is incredible, I can't believe that it just keeps on getting worse!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Labor and Libs voting together

bet EvilElmo's got a great justification for this one

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

http://sarah-hanson-young.greensmps..._medium=twitter

quote:

The Australian Greens have slammed the Labor and Liberal parties for teaming up to defeat a motion (below) calling on the Government to acknowledge Adnyamathanha traditional owners' opposition to a radioactive waste dump in the Flinders Ranges and refusing to remove Barndioota as a nominated site for such a facility.
"The Adnyamathanha traditional owners have long campaigned against nuclear waste being housed on culturally significant land near the beautiful Flinders Ranges. The Labor and Liberal parties have thumbed their noses at these traditional owners who want nothing more than to preserve this land they have occupied for tens of thousands of years, for future generations," Greens Senator for South Australia Robert Simms said.
"The Greens will stand with the Adnyamathanha traditional owners to get this land struck from the Government's list of proposed sites. It's time for all opponents of this nuclear waste dump to rally around their support for the traditional owners as they enter this fight for this precious, culturally significant land."
Senator Sarah Hanson-Young said the Labor and Liberal Parties joint ticket on an SA nuclear dump was especially concerning with the state government's Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission due to hand down its report on Friday.
"The Labor and Liberal Parties are happy to turn South Australia into the nation's nuclear waste dump," Senator Hanson-Young said.
"At this election, only the Greens will stand with South Australians and against dumping nuclear waste in our precious Flinders Ranges."

Media contacts
Simms - Amy Moran 0417 173 508
Hanson-Young - Noah Schultz-Byard 0427 604 760

NOTICE OF MOTION 2 May 2016
I give notice that on the next day of sitting I shall move that -
The Senate -
1. Notes that
a. On the 27th of November 2015 the Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners released a statement outlining their opposition to the nomination of Barndioota station to host a National Radioactive Waste facility; the statement details environmental conditions in the area including flooding and yarta ngurra-ngurrandha (earthquakes and tremors) the importance of ground water and many mound springs close to the proposed site
b. On the 29th of April press releases were issued from three different organisations that represent Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners detailing their opposition to the nomination of Barndioota station
c. The area is of cultural significance to Adnyamathanha
d. Yappala was declared an Indigenous Protected Area (IPA) by the Federal Government in 2014
e. There is extensive archaeological evidence of occupation in the surrounding area
f. There has been a lack of consultation with Adnyamathanha
2. Calls on the Government to:
a. Acknowledge the opposition from Adnyamathanha Traditional Owners
b. Respect previous commitments on non-imposition and the importance of community consent and remove the Barndioota site as a nominated site
SENATOR SCOTT LUDLAM

Labor_values.txt

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I am glad that we are effectively cutting health funding again

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

How is the the "do no harm" budget. Fuckkin "The Age"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also GST on online purchases. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I mean all we have to do now is force people on welfare to give blood and we're there

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Don't get too comfortable, I didn't think the ruled it out completely.

I perceived it as more of a delay

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Really there's some pretty shithouse journalism going on in twitter at the moment, like I wonder if I watched the same budget

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

They also kept the 20% funding cut to universities which was originally packaged with fee deregulation, so now instead of the costs of that being passed onto students, it is passed into the aether

Gotta stick it to those darn intellectuals

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hun running coalition ads

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Negligent posted:

Virginia owns a café in a busy shopping centre. She has thought about taking on another waiter but is concerned about introducing an unknown person into her well-functioning team.

Virginia hears about the new internship initiative and contacts her local jobactive provider to arrange a placement. She is introduced to Miles, who is a 19 year old job seeker who has been struggling with depression and has been in jobactive looking for work for seven months. He recently completed intensive employability skills training and feels more confident and prepared for the workforce.

Virginia and Miles agree to an internship placement of 20 hours per week for eight weeks. Virginia receives a $1,000 upfront payment when the internship placement commences, and Miles receives $200 fortnightly on top of his income support.

At the end of the eight weeks, Miles has gained valuable experience in the café. Virginia has been encouraged by how Miles has grown into the job and sees he's a good fit for her team.

Virginia hires Miles in an ongoing position and receives a weekly wage subsidy of $385 per week for the first six months of Miles' employment.

this is not how hospitality works

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Endman posted:

Pope on point

perfect

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Negligent posted:

Median and average are both perfectly fine measures of central tendency to support a statement that 80k is middle income

hello you are a massive idiot

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anidav posted:

Looking at your posting, I'd vote for the gun.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:eyepop:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Lol at the tourism operators complaining about how the protests are being shut down.

idk why anyone would want to go through the hunter valley, there's a dirty loving great big coal mine in the middle of it and some p ugly industry, also Musswellbrook is a piece of poo poo town full of bogans

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Boats are bad

gently caress the poor

Slash the tax

Reffo's aint welcome

drat young people

Refugees aren't people

Elect us please

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Mall Blurt Column is an anagram for Malcolm Turnbull

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

BOATS AN HOES

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lol no we don't

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

It's actually 10?? Years with Austudy

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Negligent posted:

good career move Jack, a Bachelor of Attendance is a one way ticket to a job at McDonalds

honestly i'd like to know what auspol superstar negligent works as

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

negligent was good a little while back but then he kind of got an inflated ego from all the praise and now he (??) is poo poo again

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

wow you telling me that a lawyer is human garbage

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:siren:Cultural Marxism:siren:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I wish I was surprised by the actions of the Herald Sun but we gotta discredit the poor people somehow

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/1148554768497283/videos/1187627331256693/

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

holy poo poo a telephone poll please don't make me laugh

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Serrath posted:

Having seizures on a history of pre eclampsia is just eclampsia... Eclampsia is the condition you're trying to avoid when someone is diagnosed with pre eclampsia; it means the hypertension and vascular changes present in the placenta in pre eclampsia has caused a chain reaction that has resulted in cerebral oedema. The recognition of pre eclampsia and subsequent treatment to prevent the occurrence of eclampsia and other pre eclampsia complications is a major point of distinction between medical care provided first world and developing world hospitals and is profoundly rare in Australia, occurring less than once every 1,000 births. In Australia, only 6 women died of eclampsia between 2006 and 2010...

I cannot understate how preventable deaths from eclampsia are in a first world nation with a modern medical/hospital system.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Got a letter yesterday from my Fed MP (LNP) with the application to apply for a postal vote.

How legal is this poo poo? It gives off the impression of it being a legit AEC form but it has the Fed MP's name and LNP logo on it, with a letter from Malcum Turntbull

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Forgive me for my ignorance, and it could be because I'm poor/not an economist, but how exactly is the Coalition plan of trickle-down economics going to create Turnbull's vision of a Strong New Economy. Actually it looks like the same type of economy we've had for a while and all it's really done is widen the inequality gap so I'm not sure how this is going to help families.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hahaha holy poo poo the front page of the Courier Mail today.

Fukkin reffos mate, living it up in "hell"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm pretty used to the disgusting poo poo the Courier Mail publishes, but it is hands-down the loving worst today, just idk anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Just dump the waste into the void inside Negligent's head.

• Locked thread