Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

NienNunb posted:

I’m playing Jelly Boy right now, it’s fine. When you press one of the buttons you turn into a little duck. Sometimes when you exit duck mode you come back with thick framed glasses.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

b_d posted:

just remembered these guys.... so cool..

you know these two right here are living Dr. King's dream

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Aren’t you the guy that called synthy dad like 5 years ago? Take your freakish kinks elsewhere. You’re a bigger disservice to Star Wars usernames than even I am.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whoa nelly

Cubone
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Fun fact: the name of the device comes from a combination of "video game" and "not a cube"

haha

Cubone
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I don't trust Nintendo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Letter from a Delfino Jail"

Fungah! posted:

also bowswr isnt anywhere near it

Martman posted:

cool water
lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Dr. King Schultz: Actually, I was thinking of that poor devil you squirted with F.L.U.D.D. today, Rodin from Bayonetta. And I was wondering what Johnson would make of all this.

Sakurai: Come again?

Dr. King Schultz: Lonnie Johnson, he invented the manually pressurized water gun. I figured you must be an admirer, you included a manually pressurized water gun in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If Lonnie Johnson had been there today, I wonder what he would have made of it?

Sakurai: You doubt he'd approve?

Dr. King Schultz: Yes. His approval would be a dubious proposition at best.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Heath posted:

Racism, in video games.

where? let me at 'em

Cubone
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

thinking about raising some chao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Example: Chrono Cross

wtf
that's not what chrono cross looked like

chrono cross looked like this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

NienNunb posted:

One of the best things to come out of 3D World, outside of a great video game, is that Nintendo began making 2D cartoony Mario Art again. The old promotional art from the SMB3/SMW/SMK era were some of my favorite things in the world.

omg

i love him

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

the game that scared me the most was Earthbound because a combination of factors led me to believe that giygas was going to destroy me irl.
I remember as a teenager I was talking about the giygas fight to my friends, hoping somebody else had played it so they'd know and could back me up, but no one had, and I was too embarrassed to say that it was hosed up and scary, so I landed on something like "weirdly abstract and emotionally draining for a kid"
which is kinda true but if I was being honest I would have just admitted it was hosed up and scary

I think the thing that scared me most in OoT was the skulltula house, but once I learned they were just people who needed help, I felt ashamed for finding them scary and I just wanted to help them. games are nice

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Fungah! posted:

every year of gaming gets better because theres always a few new great games and all the old badass games that you havent played or want to replay

yes. yeah. gently caress yyeah. right on. correct

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I loved tooie as a kid and have some pretty fond memories, but whenever I finish replaying kazooie, I never feel like I need more, and tooie is nothing but "more"

I finally tried replaying it last year, and I got maybe an hour in before realizing I had no idea what I was doing
which might have been my fault, I was playing during a zoom meeting and only half paying attention, but idk it just felt like way too much

there's jiggy wiggy and the jinjo king and bottles dies and you meet his family, and he's replaced with jamjars, but also his ghost is there, and gruntilda's got these two other evil witch pals now and mumbo jumbo's back but now he's in a rivalry with sassy mumbo jumbo and you've got to collect poo poo for both of them and jinjos are back but now there's also "glowbos" and gently caress god do I have to check out every one of these loving jinjo houses

Cubone
May 26, 2011

This sentence should be enough to lock someone up in prison for life
I can't help what rare did to me

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Sounds like I gotta check out the Eternals!

lol

e:

it's not your fault

lol :(

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Kingo: Are you talking to my father?
Kojima: No, my father is also named Kingo.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

die cistern

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I feel like I had a lot more trouble with jolly roger bay as a kid, but that might have been because the eel scared the poo poo out of me

Cubone
May 26, 2011

the sight of this filled me with a delicate shade of joy that I do not have a name for

Cubone
May 26, 2011

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FWIW I just bought a GBC with that same screen that UaN showed preinstalled and it kicks major rear end.

wouldn't have expected any different

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Shocked to find out that I was the only one tricked into watching this movie by a friend.
my best friend was dead set on getting us to watch it
I don't know how he talked us into it, but he got three of us into the theater with him, and he spent the entire movie laughing uproariously at every single thing that happened, slapping his knees and repeating dialogue and explaining every joke
the only time he stopped was when one of the rest of us laughed, which only happened a few times, but every time, he'd grin at whoever laughed like "I can't believe you laughed at this piece of poo poo you fuckin idiot"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

no one can say what Shigeru Miyamoto meant, only that whatever he meant was right

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I have a theory

- mandibles ("bug head")
- when he removes his helmet, we see the nature of his vision change in first-person ("changes visors")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80EaBRgGylo&t=90s
(1:30-1-:40)

Cubone
May 26, 2011

John Romero posted:

the first hour of pokemon legends is a fuckin snoozefest brother

thanks for the heads up, hulk hogan

Cubone
May 26, 2011

you unlock more levels by collecting the hearts, and I definitely recommend that
the unlockable levels are challenging and interesting and you get different flavor text when you beat them

getting 30 melons doesn't really get you anything but a high score, and it usually requires perfecting a mini game where you have to carry boxes or something. I don't think I bothered as a kid

Cubone
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaIlDIY6Wns

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I found the forums through the friend society, which I found through wtfnoob, which I found through the clock crew, which I found through newgrounds, which I found through sfdt, which I found through stickdeath, which I found through egm

all around the world only to end up right back at my home village, video games

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What do you get when you cross a heckin pupperino with a society that abandons him and treats his snoot like trash

Plebian Parasite posted:

You're laughing? A penguin holds up a spork and you're laughing.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You monkey one little cheese…and everyone loses their minds

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Winifred Madgers posted:

my google skills must be weak, I cannot for the life of me find an unambiguous answer for this. I want to sign up for the nintendo online expansion pak. we have one switch with several user profiles, but only my profile has a nintendo account. do I need the family pack or will the individual plan work for us?? I'm thinking the individual is fine but I want to be sure before I do the thing.
I don't remember this scene from The Room

Cubone
May 26, 2011

google says

quote:

Multiple users on the same console are not automatically covered by a family membership. If one player purchases a family membership, the others will still need to be added to the family group to use the service.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Accidentally loaded an old save file in earthbound last night and now I have to replay about an hour’s worth of content. Put my switch down on my lap and just stared dead eyed at the wall for 10 minutes

sorry for your loss

Cubone
May 26, 2011

I got my ARMS a flip flop flip flop flip

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

[For the first time in the past couple weeks] man the situation with russia and Ukraine really is royally forked

Arrhythmia posted:

"Hey did you watch the new direct? They're making a new advance wars game!"

"GET IN THE SHELTER NOW!!!"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Miyamoto agrees to release Advance Wars only if Putin goes to the hospital in Kyiv and shakes hands with all the Ukrainian soldiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

has this been posted?

every single piece of Zelda art by Katsuya Terada
https://www.flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/albums/72157634681811319

thanks this guy who was on my timeline for some reason
https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1504222678781112324

e: that's a good Link right there but that specific one is not a Terada, to clarify

Cubone fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 17, 2022