Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

So my pubbie guild disintegrated over the last week and I'm in the market for a new guild. We were close to clearing HAAT for the first time too. Any openings in any guilds appreciated before the next territory battle starts.

Ally code 978-135-167
https://swgoh.gg/u/sgtmongoose/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Has anyone noticed their attacks in arena doing no damage? I’ll attack, the animation plays, status effects are resisted or applied, but no damage numbers and no change in the health bar. No dodge notification either. Is this a known bug or what?

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Cactus posted:

No. Stick it on him anyway. It's one of the best Z's in the game imo, and aside from the soon-to-be-easier GW, it's really good for guaranteeing at least one full clear every TB stage as well, which frees up your rebels/rogue1/whoever to do the special stages

e- in fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zfinn got a nerf at some point because it honestly feels a little bit like cheating sometimes.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf either, but at the moment most of the PVE parts of the game seem balanced against you having either zFinn or multiple maxed out G12 squads with sick mods. Since Resistance isn't broken in Arena, I don't think they're in any hurry to nerf him.

If you're wondering about zeta'ing Finn, it is the 100% best zeta in the game for all PVE content. There is no reason Finn should not be your next zeta as even a 5* G8/9 Resistance squad will do work in GW and TB.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks chaps!

Is 7* BB8 worth a zeta? Is zylo needed for anything else in the current meta? My only zeta so far is on R2D2

His zetas are useful if you run him with droids but if you’re just running resistance or raid teams for intel/destiny you don’t need them.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

WerrWaaa posted:

Simming GW is the greatest thing ever.

It is simply the best and I love it.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

UmOk posted:

Is there any way to download updates without WiFi? I'm gonna lose my energy refresh

Yes, just push ok when it tells you that warning and it should just start downloading even though you're not on wifi.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

zStarck seems superfluous to me. My ZVeers troopers are supremely boss without it.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

For Troopers I run them as my secondary empire team in TW/TB. The team is usually ZVeers, Starck, Snow, Death, and Shore/Storm. Thrawn goes with the big boys.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Fleet is way better now. At the very least battles are way quicker. Sure Biggs and Vader are still OP, but I haven't seen too many complaints about that mystery 3rd starter. For reinforcements, Fett is OP, but past that it's the wild west for what people have ready. My #1 reinforce, unless I need the taunt, is Poe over Fett. Ahsoka if I need the debuff.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Running Bastilla Jedi in the arena for the last 2 days and can now attest that she doesn't just walk all over EZPZ teams with better mods/gear, she also dances on top of their corpses. I don't even have Hermit Yoda or a zeta on Ezra yet.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 22, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Those resurrect mechanics are why Imperial Troopers are so hilariously effective against them.

NS: Kill one of us and two will take their place!

IT: Every kill makes us an order of magnitude stronger.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

My rebel team right now is Lando, Raid Han, Farmboy Luke, ST Han and R2. I am sure there is a better leader for that team, but Lando is my best choice right now.

I love meeting upbeatable teams; Nihilus, R2, Baze, 5s and Chirrut. Just absolutly obiliterates whatever I take and they all get healed massively and constantly. Like 20k multiple times and one shots everyone, not to mention they chain attacks with everything they do.

Get Wedge and Biggs. Use Wedge as your leader and you will profit. Remove FBLuke and STHan, they are worthless against Wiggs, Lando, R2, and Han.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

my first zeta was DV lead and I dont think Ive ever used it, except for fleet arena

DV was my first zeta and it was pivotal to me dragging my pubby guild across the heroic rancor finish line.

As for the mod update debate you guys need to chill and realize you aren’t going to have fully maxed out super teams. You’re going to have to pick and choose what mods will get the biggest boosts. The speed bonuses seem negligible unless you’re on the bleeding edge of your shard, focus on other stats you might need. We have no idea how the defense and health rebalances are going to shake out yet. Remember, bonus protection is calculated off of health, so Nest, Wampa, etc might be about to get really absurd.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

You might also try Wiggs, Lando, Old Ben, and Thrawn. That should do some work on EZPZ teams that don't have a tank with pre-taunt.

EP DV Thrawn TFP and Boba is a good mid game team though and was what I ran all through the Maul/CLS metas to decent results. Lots of ability blocks and stuns to control the other team.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 19, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Snowtrooper is like 75% of the offense of my Trooper team. He hits for such absurd damage on his AOE and basic it seems wrong to remove him. I'd probably remove all tanks and rely on speed only b/c Veers Starck Snow DT RangeT would probably kill on offense.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Also there's a new store page

!!!

That's actually pretty huge.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

You have peeked into the world of Bastila Jedi teams. Just wait until that is your standard opening move in arena.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

A 3* zBastila is top end arena viable and hands down the best Jedi zeta. But as far as leader zetas go, don't completely overlook them if they enable an entire new team for TW/TB/raids. Prime examples would be Finn, Veers, or Matt whose leader zetas basically gift you an effective team at g8.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Her zeta is all that matters on her. 7 stars just allow you to take her into star restricted pve content.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Okay then.

What Jedi I worth putting her with? I think my Idea is GK, JKA, GMY and, i dunno, Ashoka?

GMY is the must have with her. Past him, you want 1 more attacker--Ezra, JKA, Aayla, random Jedi in that order. Then Hermit Yoda and a tank or 2 tanks (GK and Old Ben) if you don't have HY. GK is the better general purpose tank, OB is the better anti-Sith tank. Ashoka might be worth it if you're running JKA.

75% of your damage is going to come from GMY taking as many turns as possible. Ezra is so good here because he does massive one hit damage with flourish (for Nest) and feeds assists/TM to GMY.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 10, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

For GW you want to use the first few nodes to preload TM on your frontline teams, then abuse the retreat option as previously mentioned. 3, 6, 9, 11, 12 are going to be the bastard nodes. Avoid using specials if possible to have them immediately available for the hard fights. Teams that replenish protection or trigger infinite TM loops are generally ringers. There are definite plateaus in difficulty but if you're playing arena and TW then you should get over them eventually. Then you can sim GW and never look back.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

You want Snow for troopers. He shits out damage under Veers and doesn’t have a zeta.

For Sith you’re best off running Thrawn or maybe Fallen Bastilla if you have her. The other named sith not named Traya aren’t really worth it over Thrawn. Sithtrooper is a good tank you might want as well.

SgtMongoose fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 23, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

After dozens of failed attempts with G11 zBossk, I took him to G12 and gave him a G12+ piece I've been hoarding and got it in one try. Putting in G10 Cad over G11 IG88 helped too I think.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Gear up Logray and make sure Paploo and Logray are fastest so they can dispell the taunt and chewie's buffs.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

IG88 is actually pretty bad in that event since he has such a low health pool and his AOE will trigger all kinds of nasty counter attacks. Boba, Jango, Greedo, Cad, Embo, and Zam are all better.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

In QGJ you never have to login to discord to play. Its obviously encouraged but not necessary.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Let me tell you about feeling loyalty to a guild. I led my pubbie guild in beating the Rancor (6 months late). I dragged my pubbie guild, after months of team building and false starts, kicking and screaming across the HAAT finish line. And what was my reward for not joining up with the Goons? When my pubbie guild collapsed due to poaching on the cusp of beating the HSR? I still haven't unlocked Traya.

Loyalty is weakness.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

That and they probably wanted to see if it’d be a success before committing resources to it. Remember the couple of failed cartoon shows they didn’t do anything for either. They’ll probably have a cross promotion something for season 2. It’s not like bounty hunters are in a tough spot right now for low hanging rework fruit anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

they also finally added jabba the hutt which i would be super amped about if I had $2000 to burn.

Fixed this for you.