Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lex experiments with a mother box and it winds up infecting him and they do the fused Brainiac/Lex angle. Pretty easy way to tie it all in without retreading too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

About 2 minutes longer, actually!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

Is it weird that I don't think that this looks that bad? A bit boring maybe, but not bad. Usually, when you have a nationality-themed team, you get Alpha Flight.

And? :colbert:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is Shin Godzilla actiony enough to entertain a 4 year old or does it drag a lot?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The nearest Imax is an hour away from me but I'm pretty tempted

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pretty sure they've confirmed that but not sure what makes it eye rolling?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lightning Lord posted:

Because the Eye of Agamotto is supposed to be mysterious and mystical, its an integral part of the Dr Strange mythos and just tying it into the overarching plot and making it a MacGuffin is goofy. Are the Avengers going to barge in and take it from him?

I don't see why it can't be both. Mysterious and mystical stone crashes to earth eons ago and magic cults start up around it, etc

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The problem with ASM2 is that it's like 8 movies crammed into one and only a couple of them are good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

greatn posted:

He should have a second, scarier mask underneath his normal mask.

Don't worry kids, I'm here to help!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they want to focus on team ups and such I think it'd be more likely to have Blade in Dr.Strange 2 or something along those lines.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

That looks nothing like Thanos, and Thanos doesn't have loving eyes in his chest. What's wrong with you people.

He was clearly sitting in a chair :colbert:

I definitely saw Ultron, not up to snuff on Capcom enough to know more though.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bruceski posted:

I just want some Hanukkah song to go mainstream other than Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel. That thing is the "I have a black friend" of Christmas music.

Adam Sandler has at least 3

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's weird that they turned Ganke into Ned without changing anything else, but he's not Harry loving Osborn and we can all at least be thankful for that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe Ned is MJ!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, and because Hank is a lovely person, he keeps her away from the mission even though it's obvious that she is the better choice.

Yeah exactly. I mean that's a main character point for him and directly sets up the mid credits scene/sequel

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spider-Man and X-Men were pretty damned big and in the middle of all that

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamesman posted:

If it didn't bother you, that's great. Please continue to not let it bother you and/or explain why it's feasible. But this movie went through a lot of effort to explain things and break them down in a way that made them seem grounded in reality, so having a major situation glossed over really jumped out at myself and many others. You were almost dared to question it.

A wizard did it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Time to buy shares in synthol!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Be a good way to get around not being able to do Hulk solo movies. Thor gets there, Hulk's already suited up and a champ and can talk, "I've been through a lot in the last year".

plus it leaves things open if they do want to dig into that history a bit more

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Oh this was posted in reponse to the image in the Facebook thread

Which is funny for two reasons becuase A) Thor is a literal god and B) That was kind of the idea behind Marvel comics. DC heroes were mythical figures, they were Heracles, Sigmund, Gilgamesh, Sampson. Marvel heroes are normal people who have problems of real life combined with super hero problems. This person who made this post was clearly just trying to be edgy going "dur Marvel movies look like cartoons for kids, DC movies are serious movies for serious adults", but was unaware of the irony.

Just edit this to say God's

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I assumed Rhyno meant it as a good thing :shrug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No one cares that you don't find her attractive, just that you said it in a weirdly lovely way.

Well, it's also pretty weird for you to just randomly bash a 20 year old's looks for no reason too, I suppose.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd call GB1 my favorite movie of all time and I liked GB16 well enough. To be fair I probably give it extra credit just for pissing off MRAs.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone once told me to treat each X-Men movie like it's in its own continuity, and it honestly works a lot better that way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

In the movie, he tosses out "I did something!" and I died.

That was my favourite joke in the whole movie

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Honestly with all the timeline fuckery I would be okay with the X-men franchise just being stand alone movies and saying "Oh well in this timeline this happened"

It's honestly the best way of looking at them. Treat each film as it's own continuity and it all makes a lot more sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they do Agent Venom there's a workable movie in there that doesn't make a lot of sense without tying it to Spider-man, but could work. If they try to do Brock then I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

At best though all I can think is kind of generic "Superspy with an experimental armor" story.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just make Shannon Stryfe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CzarChasm posted:

Don't get me wrong, I like Brad Pitt as an actor, but he seems a little "big" for a comic book movie where he plays the straight man second banana

That's pretty much his Ocean's 11 character. He also seems like the type of actor who will do something just because he thinks it's fun, so I could see it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well now they're just ripping off Superbat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wasn't exactly being serious there, rhyno

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Flash is like the one character where Snyder's style actually works and makes sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You can introduce a bunch of characters in one film, but you need to have good writing and so far WB is lacking there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You know people would probably stop coming in here and trolling the thread if you guys didn't bite on every piece of bait you see.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yakmouth posted:

So I'm thinking Marvel needs Thanos to be the biggest threat the MCU has ever seen -- but at the same time he needs to loese, maybe not in Avengers 3, but certainly by Avengers 4. Scarlett Witch seems to be a natural, in-universe way to level the playing field so the rest of the heroes can take him down.

I mean I'm just fanwanking, here -- they could do literally anything. But I don't see how a last-minute save by Adam Warlock (for example) would be narratively satisfying. So what are some alternatives?

e: Maybe Squirrel Girl can sit down with him and work out his issues. Didn't she do that with Galactus once?

Even better

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

parallelodad posted:

Does anyone care about Adam Warlock? I feel like he's marvels version of Cyborg in terms of importance vs people actually caring about him.

Starlin does

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MacheteZombie posted:

meh your basic looney tunes gag i guess. jokes u see in a kid's movie with nonsense language/communication?

Yo you can say what you want about minions but if you badmouth Looney Tunes we're going to have some problems here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Getting carried around like a baby sounds pretty great tbh and if I were little enough to do it I'd be down

• Locked thread