Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I know it's probably a bit too much to hope for but I'd love to see the Carol-corp from the recent Secret Wars series on the big screen someday.

poo poo, it'll never happen, but give us the current "Carol Corps" Alpha Flight :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ms Marvel
Squirrel Girl
Monica Rambeau

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

EDIT: Oh poo poo, Ryan Reynolds actually helped do the Honest Trailer for Deadpool. Because of course he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIRtFE6aIc

I generally hate honest trailers and the like, but that was good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

They both have the characters acting dumb so that the fights can happen.

Civil War even has that scene where Falcon reasonably suggests they bring Tony their new info, and Cap refuses because he doesn't want to compromise the airport fight scene says he won't believe him. Later in the movie when Tony gets that information, he immediately goes to help them.

Steve does tell Tony what's up at the airport and Tony's response is "don't care gonna arrest you anyway"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I've seen people upset she's not old enough.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

She was Envy, the one with the band. You should watch 21 Jump Street.

She even did her own singing in Scot Pilgrim, and I prefer her vocals on Black Sheep more than Emily Haines.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

22 Jump Street is the most sequel film to ever sequel. They turned so heard into the skid they flipped the drat car.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Power Gem was in guardians right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Travis343 posted:

It's not about toy lines aimed at girls, it's about girl characters in toy lines aimed at boys.

Aphrodite posted:

Also the whole thing is that 'girl toys' and 'boy toys' is the crusty old man sexism.

Make toys, sell to kids, don't worry which gender wants them.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Timeless Appeal posted:

So... Gunn is teasing having Mjioner in his movie... but is also saying there are no Avengers in his moive.

So, I'm not going to be really bummed if Beta Ray Bill doesn't show up in this loving thing.

Or they just had a toy on set and he was goofing around.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

StumblyWumbly posted:

What do you think Fox's Daredevil guy is up to? Think he feels smart?

I am a little sad, Joe Carnahan will never get to do the Daredevil movie he pitched to Fox. It was going to be set in the 70's wasn't it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Toxxupation posted:

Captain Marvel's a done deal. They are doing that movie come hell or high water. It'll probably be done with all principal photography by the time that Wonder Woman even premieres.

Wonder Woman comes out next year, Captain Marvel is scheduled for 2019 and still doesn't have...well anything official beyond a script. I think that's an ambitious goal you've set.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DrProsek posted:

I will never understand a company creating promotional material that's supposed to get people excited for a film, and then only releasing it to a small group of people and going to great lengths to delay it being posted online.

Even if they release it eventually, I'm not going to be as excited to see it a week after I've seen all the other cool things coming out of Comic Con, like the DC trailers for example.

James Gunn has been adamant that what they're showing of guardians today is super rough and won't stand up to repeated viewings. Going by people's reactions to the unfinished VFX in the first GotG trailer, not releasing what they're showing today might not be a bad idea.

Dr Strange is a different matter of course.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

site posted:

12 was the one featuring Julia Robert's character pretending to be Julia Roberts for the heist and an EMP machine right?

lol

The EMP was in 11. Julia Roberts pretending to be Julia Roberts is 12, and I've never watched 13 all the way through, it just twists in on itself too much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

A lot of DC Media feels like, for a long time, it has been embarrassed that the source material is comic books. The Arrow TV show,
They did boxing glove arrow

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah I don't think Mewes was playing Jay in his Flash cameo.
efb

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys posted:

is zendaya mary jane or not? i see her listed as "michelle" on wikipedia

It's a Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek situation.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I know they were making GBS threads on Last Stand at the end there, but isn't Apocalypse the third film in the new cycle?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I've seen that ad a million times, and only just now noticed that they call it sauce and not salsa.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

New Dr. Strange TV spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xoxeCWpZyU

Cumberbatch's American accent sounds like Kiefer Sutherland.
Sounds more like Hugh Laurie's American accent to me

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Roth posted:

The real tragedy was that AIM didn't have MODOK.

Hodgman for MODOK

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mover posted:

Strange poster for the IMAX midnight showing off of Scott Derrickson's twitter:

That had better glow under a blacklight

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Was Mantis in the trailer? I don't think we see her, though we see everyone else.

Nope, no sign of Ego either.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Using the Johnny Cash version of Hurt was both entirely too on the nose, and an excellent choice because it's an excellent song.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Thought that was Mantis at :31

That's Nebula

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lobok posted:

Who are even the prominent white dude heroes left who aren't mutants or controlled by other studios?

Howard the Duck?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I think it's like the Hulk, where they could make a movie, but Universal gets the distribution rights, or a cut or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

David Leitch, director of John Wick, is confirmed as director of Deadpool 2.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/deadpool-2-director-david-leitch-john-wick-1201922178/

That seems like a wise choice.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Speaking of, has Netflix ever released ratings info for their original releases? I'm assuming it would have to be limited to total number of complete watches and maybe viewership by state/country.

Netflix never releases viewership numbers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Guardians trailer looking good.
https://twitter.com/Guardians/status/805180605084278784

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Star-Lord costume did work well for Kitty.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Any lee's Hulk just confuses me, maybe because I've only ever watched it on cable

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Because Marvel chooses those, not the people responsible for the movie you just watched.

Except for when they don't like with Guardians.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The source this time is an official casting call that includes all the stars. It's possible the casting agency made a mistake, but seems unlikely. They're not going to assume and add characters to the list.

That list from the casting call, by the way, is hilarious

quote:

Starring in Avengers: Infinity War is BAFTA Award nominee Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Academy Award nominee Josh Brolin as Thanos, Saturn Award Winner Chris Pratt as Star Lord / Peter Quill, Teen Choice Awards nominee Sebastian Stan as Bucky, four-time Golden Globe Award nominee Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow, Academy Award nominee Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange, Academy Award winner Brie Larson as Carol Danvers / Captain Marvel, ALMA Award winner Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Empire Award winner Karen Gillan as Nebula, two-time Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye, two-time Saturn Award nominee Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, BAFTA Awards nominee Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet, four-time Academy Award nominee Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Vin Diesel as Groot, Academy Award nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Screen Actors Guild Awards nominee Paul Rudd as Scott Lang / Ant-Man, British Independent Film Awards nominee Benedict Wong as Wong, Action on Film Award winner Dave Bautista as Drax, BAFTA Film Award nominee Paul Bettany as Vision, Santa Barbara International Film Festival Virtuoso Award winner Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa / Black Panther, three-time Academy Award nominee Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / The Hulk, and two-time Academy Award nominee Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man.

I suppose it's agents who insist that every member of the cast has an award or nominating front of their name?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I don't mean this as a slight because I generally enjoy his work, but how the hell does Bradley Cooper have four Oscar nominations?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Henry Cavill was in contention to play Bond before Craig was cast as well (and probably will be again whenever Craig decides to go).

If Man from U.N.C.L.E. is any indication, Cavill will be a fantastic Bond.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH3OxVFvTeg

Final Logan trailer with tons of X-23 action.

If nothing else, the trailers for Logan have been fantastic.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is there anything at all going smoothly with the DCCU? It seems like every single project is having these major kinds of issues.

I mean, they don't have a director, and the actor is busy with another WB project. Why not give the script another pass?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sean Gunn is one of the lackeys in Yondu's crew and James isn't directing, so I'm guessing that both of them have small roles, but not clear what they are doing.

Sean Gunn does the motion capture for Rocket too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Is it actually mocap or just that he's there so Pratt and Batista have someone to give them an eyeline/something to actually touch if they're interacting with Rocket?

James Gunn has said they used a lot of Sean's performance when they were animating Rocket. So a little of both?

• Locked thread