Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

And now a holodeck episode based around Beowolf. Ugh. No thanks. gently caress. Thirty seven minutes left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

All hail our hero Schweitzer! He who cannot be harmed by weapons and will give us our salvation!

Schweitzer!
Schweitzer!
Schweitzer!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Holo booty call just got holo shanked

Edit: I don't give a poo poo about spoilers. poo poo be 20+ years old.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I don't necessarily disagree with putting it in JJ Trek. Alright, vulcans be hosed and I'm sure it'll be an annoying recurrence. But I feel no matter what they did, they'd still put in nonsensical revelations and discoveries about all the races they've established. Might as well do it in place where things were different and aren't cannon anymore. Alternate cannon or whatever.

What matters is letting Meyer do whatever he wants.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Akoocheemoya.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

There are no actors of trek I want to see dead. But I wouldn't complain if Berman exploded.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Bester was a cool character, I should finish b5.

I dunno. Season 5 lacks the goodness of seasons prior and they completely ruin Lennier in like the third last episode or something.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

Not really?

Lennier's been resenting Sheridan since like Season 3 - and he even joins the Rangers early in Season 5 in the hopes that Delenn will turn around and love him instead (I think he even literally says 'So I'll be worthy of your eyes' or something like that).

It just feels wrong. Like lennier doesn't, shouldn't have that kind of thought process. I believe he'd serve delenn till he died (like he'd move on with his life if she died first), but to actively kill a friend. No, it's weird and doesn't belong. Maybe like a moment of maybe. I dunno, it's just not right for the character.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The problem is JMS is a goon lord and doesn't see anything wrong with it. Or the weird future Marcus cloning Ivanova and stranding them on a planet to live out happily ever after thing.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Season 1 of voyager complete. Please remember to not make cheese during your stay on Voyager.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Lt. Tuvok's Ball Busting Training is a weird episode to close the season off with. I actually kind of like the Neelix episode before.

I would watch Star Trek: Federation's Worst Cadets with Tuvok.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Archer is the worst kind of dog owner.

Edit: well aside from people who beat their dogs.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jellico was an rear end in a top hat who raised some seriously good points. Though I think he went about it in the wrong way.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Well that and you'd have to remember what happened last week to appreciate it. I dunno what super brain you have, but TV viewers don't have it. - every producer until the sopranos came out.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

A Fancy Bloke posted:

They don't have that excuse because DS9 was already doing serialized stories when Voyager premiered.

I seem to recall reading that the writers said "yeah, we'll wrap this up in a few episodes" and then dragged it on forever. And good on them. Berman said gently caress it, and started voyager

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Tectonis posted:

Reminder: Archer let an entire species die out even though Phlox could cure their disease because they weren't warp capable.

That's how it's always been, there's lots to poo poo on Archer about, but that's not one of them.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

No. Just enlightened enough to not be gay, regardless of genetics.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This is the future, and that's super fast. Space miles per hour, or GigaMiles/hour.

Also, this this the future, it would kilometers. Gigakilometers.

edit:

quote:

Enterprise, set in 2151 and onwards, follows the voyages of the first human ship capable of traveling at warp factor 5.2, which under the old warp table formula, is about 140 times the speed of light. In the episode, "Broken Bow", which is the series' pilot episode, Capt. Archer equates warp 4.5 to "Neptune and back [from Earth] in six minutes." There are two reasons why this is not in conflict with statements in previously-aired Star Trek series, set after the time of Enterprise, which declare that use of warp drive within a solar system presents extreme danger to both ship and surrounding planets. First, Archer was simply mentioning familiar landmarks as a way to comprehend how much faster his new ship was than any Earth vessel which had come before. Second, those future cautions were uttered in an era of hundredfold greater traffic concentrated around major spaceports. Flying randomly at high speed a mile above Manhattan is frowned upon today; in 1916, no one would have been close enough to notice.
What the gently caress does this have to do with anything?

The General fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 30, 2016

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mr Woof, Worf factor 7.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Distance should be measured in pixels, and time distortion in FPS.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

This doesn't does loop :)

That said, this always makes me laugh.

Edit: It loops now, but didn't before. I dunno what the deal was.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Man this thread has been moving so fast effienctly it could probably make the kessel run in under 12 parsecs

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Syrnn posted:

Roll Fizzlebeef.

He said 300mph not 3mph.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Voyager is good you ding dong

Compared to ???

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

Eat poo poo and die in a fire.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

How fortunate He met a colony of aliens just like him 1000s of light hard from home at the end of the series.

Spoilers!!!!!

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Classic Who is boring. BORING. It needs all caps and probably bolding and several underlines too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The Rock isn't a muscle bound meat head though. He oozes charm and I can only imagine he'd be fantastic to hangout with.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

My niece is watching X-Files and I'm waiting for her to clue in that every forest scene is the same patch of trees.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Germstore posted:

You didn't include a DS9 waifu. I would like my choice of Dax tia.

You can have Tobin or something. Jadzia and Ezri are mine.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Bud did try to merge with himself in a very star trek manner.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

They introduce a new character Seven for like 3 episodes before he disappears wordlessly into the void. Later he shows up on a milk carton.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Jack would have made a better captain than Archer.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Voyager is a science ship. Probably can land so it can do science things easier.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mondian posted:

None of that explains why the science super ship's inaugural mission was to track down some dangerous terrorists tho.

Some admiral who pushed for the design said it would be a great ship to do the job. To show the ship could stand the rigors of terrible space and armed enough to deal with the unknowns too.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That warp ruins subspace TNG episode is poo poo.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I dunno six bucks a month doesn't seem terrible. If you could pick the 3 or 4 networks that have shows you wanna watch, you'd be paying 20 a month for it, and that's reasonable to me.

But odds are I won't be able to get all access in Canada so whatever. Yarr.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

buttcrackmenace posted:

early on in the second season I moved someplace that didn't have a UPN affiliate

caught an episode here and there later on in the run, but that was all.

Haven't seen any of these shows in the better part of a decade, so they are all new to me

(and lovely)

going to slog through S2E02 and 03 tonight, insh'Allah

You and I are in roughly the same place. Only I'm also watching TNG here and there as well to remind me that trek doesn't suck.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Volcott posted:

Federation prosthesis tech is surprisingly lovely.

Actually they just don't know enough about ferengi physiology, and couldn't make a proper leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Simian_Prime posted:

They should have studied his third leg.

Maybe they never got past studying his majestic third leg.