Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Speaking of DS9 gifts, I bought a Feltman-Langer "raktajino" mug for my wife but it's got flamingos and stuff on it. What's a good food-safe paint/enamel to use to turn it into a Terok Nor commissary blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Big rear end On Fire posted:

Mulgrew had some harsh words about how her character was written. I think she said Janeway must have been a psychopath or something like that, it's been a while.

Also has anyone ever counted the number of times they say "some kind of ..." cause that is one well the writers went to so many drat times. I think Voyager may be worse than TNG.

https://youtu.be/JwZiezIxCVU?feature=shared

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Guys check it out it's like Fraser in Space!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Every bridge scene on Voyager features a conversation yelled between different stations and two people standing way way too close to each other for dialogue

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I just gotta say that Paramount Plus is the jankiest piece of poo poo I've ever been forced to watch something on. Everything is always hosed up except the ads they find a way to Kramer into everything despite claims of ad-free. What gives!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Me trying to watch Star Trek, but first I have to watch an ad.

The ad: Hey! Have you heard of star Trek!? Here on Paramount plus! Don't you want to watch Star Trek!?

Me: I'm loving trying to

mfw Paramount perfectly loads teaser, Paramount logo, and ad for SNW only to have literal 80s style encoding glitches in both audio and visual channels for the show I'm actually trying to watch

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This is the watch list I just went through

Pilot
2x15 Threshold
2x16 Meld
2x23 The Thaw
2x24 Tuvix
3x5 False Profits
3x26 Scorpion
4x8 Year of Hell
4x23 Living Witness
5x1 Night
5x12 Bride of Chaotica
6x11 Fair Haven
6x17 Spirit Folk
Endgame

It started as a hate watch but ended up just being the Voyageriest of all Voyager episodes

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's a phaser pulse

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tighclops posted:

do borg poop.

I read this as a command, and I did

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

I bet those were inspired by Automats. I'm not sure if american automats were still around in the 60s, but they were certainly in living memory.

The way they worked was that there was a big kitchen on the other side that kept all the little compartments stocked with fresh food.

Add voice controls and a bit of futurist automation and you just say what you want and get it in moments, but you still are only choosing from whatever the kitchen has cooked up that day.

The last automat closed in 1991.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I use a TAMPONN instead of a PADD

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

naem posted:

they could just put a big forcefield around the puddle planet and a sign that says “gently caress off”

The Federation would IMMEDIATELY bust past the force field for the most tenuous of reasons

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Nervously suggesting we stop being fascist before being blasted in the chest by a phaser

Proudly and quickly shouting "use the replicator as a makeshift transporter" only to get phasered anyways

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mirror universe Cardassia City?

E: I could have sworn that was reversed, nevermind

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

CainFortea posted:

No, cause if you actually gook a shot while blocking it's going to turn in your hand.

:chloe:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Trek would do even better with the Star Wars multilingual method, as proven by Darmok and the fact that Klingon is an actual fleshed out language

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Having no game doesn't excuse you from trying to spit it at nine-year-olds

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

GolfHole posted:

if star trek were written again today it wouldnt have a naval command structure

both because people dont like that kind of tv anymore and because it doesnt mesh with updated views of a utopian future

Yeah definitely people don't like procedurals based on ranked organizations these days for sure

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

GolfHole posted:

if neelix came back to the alpha quandrant they could have had him marry the duras sisters

Duras sisters don't survive The Film Event of 1994, do they?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

If you start the Blues Clues program and turn off the safety protocols this time there's no clues good luck escaping fucko

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Enterprise had an episode (Oasis) where they find a disabled ship and most of the crew is holograms, specifically to raise and provide a community for a child

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
The second one is DS9's Shadowplay, notable for Odo turning into a top to amuse a hologram child

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tighclops posted:

Who had the best '90s hair from '90s Star Trek

I'm going with Tasha Yar's hot sister

Worf with dat braid

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Wow the crew in Enterprise is dumb as poo poo, about halfway into season 2. I'm actually not absolutely hating it like I did the tail end of Voyager but these dumbasses are like, just dropping their crazy sci-fi tech on low tech planets constantly.

Seems like every loving time it's Malcolm or Hoshi. Mostly Malcolm.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I imagine it''s more like;

"Computer; generate a model of Counselor Troi"

"Apply outfit;' 'Tango-Zero-Two-Four' from my personal files."

"Set Personality preset 'Juliet-Four-Four-Alpha'"

"Insert character into program; 'Dominatrix Dungeon, Version Four."

"Execute Program and Engage".

Man your code's all hosed up, check this out:

"Computer start BDSM Dungeon program 3"

"Change Dom avatar to match Counselor Troi"

Bing bong done, don't forget to remove safety protocols and don't forget your safe word

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nah Reginald is mad hung

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

maybealabia posted:

Not sure this is funnier than what he's actually saying

I think it's a play on

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tighclops posted:

Is Deep Space Nine the only Star Trek series that had food that looked actually edible

I suppose the multicolored cubes from TOs look appetizing

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Phlox and his weird pets, genocidal tendencies, giddy surgeons excitement and stentorian dictatorship of sickbay

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Oh thats way worse

It was a rape scene. Accompanied by a truly terrible Klingon screech. And they kept using the shot over and over for PTSD flashbacks too.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's so loving bad. Everything is like a highschool play, and all of the melodrama and pseudo -character development is completely unearned. It switches tone from grimdark to an episode of Gilmore Girls to a soap opera often within the same episode and everybody involved with it should be embarrassed

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The galaxy class should transform into humanoid mode. The nacelles fold out to be the legs, the sauce separates and splits into three reattaching as the arms and torso, and the Captain's yacht forms the head.

I hate it when the sauce separates

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Aquamaraine

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I finished my gift finally:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Does the inside of the cup fan out too?

I imagine the madness of chasing your last drops of raktajino...

It does, meaning you have to quaff it like it was blood wine

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Urghhh the speechifying is interminable and just embarrassing to have to listen to

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What are you some kinda Comm

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

redshirt posted:

CRAB WORF CRAB WORF

Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when he comes for you

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

* Turn you inside out