Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

These special effects are really loving beautiful. Too bad you can't make an entire movie that way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

3 days out threat, only one ship in range. That's the Federation! :slide whistle:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I see what they were driving at. It's awesome in the context of reviving a cult hit TV show on the big screen.

I would have been creaming my pants if I saw this in the theater.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Kirk is giving the Enterprise the gently caress eyes.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The gruesome transporter accident really starts this movie of on a high note.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

My grandfather looked like disco Bones. Imagine growing up with that.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

This whole wormhole scene is on drugs.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I couldn't do it. I'm watching Office Space and King of the Hill instead. Also, I accidentally turned on closed captioning on my TV and it's weird at poo poo seeing my TV covered in label maker writing when I watch VHS.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They should bring back UPN for the new show

As long as they reboot Homeboys in Outer Space, I am down with this.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

How loathsome do you think O'Brien loving a clone of himself would be?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Sex candle was the best counselor of all.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

They could call it...the B-Team.

The 'Clay Team.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Sisko would be BA.

Riker as Face.

Who would be Hannibal?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Imagine how much fun it was when President Reagan visited

He probably thought he was touring the real space program.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

shadow puppet of a posted:

Ain't nothing sexier than when Dukat lets out his pageboy haircut

A look that only the most comfortable of Bajoran comfort women ever got to see.

"You are tearing me apart, Kira!".

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Imagine how insufferable hanging out with C3P0 and Neelix together would be.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 24, 2017

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

:yikes:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Voyager has lots of good episodes!

Each one better than the one before it!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Fury;

Tuvok comes before Janeway

Holy poo poo, phrasing.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Holy poo poo, the shameless plugging before the start of Generations on VHS is real bad. :staredog:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

"A Rick Berman Production"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The Guinan angle could have been so good.

Imagine if this movie was made but it was good?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

The Enterprise: a ship that it makes sense to have shitload of kids on.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I just read that Edward James Olmos declined to audition for the role of Picard.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Cobweb Heart posted:

Now I'm on the one where he's a flat, affectless wreck from being interrogated by mind masters. Neelix is annoying but it's funny as gently caress that every time someone asks him for information about the locality, the ostensible reason he got aboard, he gives some excuse and is useless

Neelix straight up conned Janeway in The Caretaker and she was too dumb to not let him keep doing it for 7 seasons.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Aquiel

A starfleet officer disappears, presumed dead. Geordie reviews all of her personal logs.

She's found safe and sound. Geordie takes her to a bar. Uses his knowledge of her personal life to hit on her before letting her know that he went through her logs.

She gets upset when she finds that out. "But we thought you were dead."

She then apologizes to him.

Negged the poo poo outta that bitch
:smug:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

criscodisco posted:

You sit in a chair too long in Star trek and it gains sentience

How many pages of fan fics have you written based on this premise?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Hey guys, I got behind on this thread and haven't read it in a while so I don't remember...

Is "Inside Star Trek" the book that talks about Gene being all coked up and a lech? I'm at a thrift store and want to spend my $1 wisely.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Inside Star Trek has some Gene stories, but it's really more about the overall behind-the-scenes of TOS production. It's a great read overall and you cannot go wrong with it.

Gene Roddenberry: The Myth and the Man Behind "Star Trek" by Joel Engel is the one that really dives into how hosed up and scummy Gene Roddenberry could be.

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the other book.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Devil's Fart

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

gently caress the haters ENT is good.

For that matter, so is Disco.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

FabioClone posted:

Is this the worst possible picture of the cast of DS9?

Bashir looks grim as hell.
Odo's makeup looks like poo poo.
Quark has so much makeup on that that's probably the only face he can make.
O'Brien looks like he's creeping.
Sisko looks like a wax statue.
Jake looks like a hologram.
Jadzia is strongly side eyeing someone or something.
Kira's posture is offputting.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

That thing where they create warmth in a cave by piling up rocks and shooting them with a phaser is pretty cool, at least.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Did TAS have caves?

Yeah, and also western sets and whatever other sets were available in the studio at the time.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I only follow Fuzzy Dunlop's arc when i rewatch The Wire.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I bought this at GW. for $.99. Anyone ever seen it? I'm about to watch it right now.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sadly, Shasta McNasty and Moesha could not save the network.

Also, Homeboys in Outer Space and The Secret Diary of Desmond Pfeiffer.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I just installed Pluto on my Roku and switched to STTNG All Good Things just in time to catch Riker making GBS threads all over Worf and Worf saying some dumbass poo poo about "honor". :discourse:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Why do you think Jadzia hooked up with him

"Got that Ketracel White, here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Now I'm watching the episode where Picard gets a teenage son.