Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hi, you might know me as good at videogames guy. i stack w/ goons and i'm probably gonna be streaming this a lot. https://www.twitch.tv/wangsbig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

yes. begrudgingly but implicitly

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Brosnan posted:

I think the hardest part of this game isn't the hero draft, it's the player draft

Like which of the 800 people on my friends list who are going to be playing this game should I group with and how do I do so without hurting other people's feelings

This hasn't been a problem before because apparently I've never had more than 5 friends who all liked the same game before

i have spent a lot of time letting people know exactly where they stand in my heart in comparison to others in preparation for this moment

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

did I mei-k the cut

all i'll say is that you're somewhere above craig k but below seb

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Brosnan posted:

Yo I'm better than seb how do I get in on this

do not turn this thread into a house of lies

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

goodness posted:

Is this supposed to be really good?

no, but what it is, is new. it is definitely, 100% a brand-new game and heck, that's enough for this gamer

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Adonis Gunther posted:

TF2 is a clusterfuck of what the gently caress. I tried to play it the other day to feed my need for overwatch and it was... just a mess.

it started off being very simple & balanced like this game, the over watch. it is hard to missmanage competitive vgames harder than vavle llc tho, so do not fear

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Zorodius posted:

I feel bad for the people who worked on Battleborn, but what were they thinking? They're going to release right against Blizzard and expect people to flock to their game?

it is a very blatant attempt at money laundering because literally no element of it works well and there is no way it would have gotten past anyone with either a brain or eyeballs and greenlit for release

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

anime was right posted:

or, y'know, people are capable of making a mediocre game

the aliens colonial marines thing seems like it was money laundering or something going on there. but battleborn was made by an actual team with actual resources.

lol yea guy, your vote matters and jet fuel can melt steel beams :rolleyes:

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i look at this competitive team-based shooter and think, yes, but what about the tragic backstory of hero archetype 'sniper'? I want to feel a deep connection to what in other games would be a gun i choose from a drop-down menu. i want to feel their struggles as my own and carry the weight of reaper's choices as i open a loot crate and dress him up like a mariachi

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

DrSeRRoD posted:

Any non-competitive goons looking to learn the game, heroes, and maps tonight on launch and not too worried about deaths and losses? I'd like to join that group and have fun if so as a Lucio or Mercy.

i believe you can find such miserable animals in the nearest dumpster or gutter if u are willing to dig deep enough

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

wangsbig what the heck is your av from

its me

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Clanpot Shake posted:

My years of demoman-ing have left me with an unfortunate muscle memory that consistently leaves my junkrat with 1 grenade left in his gun.

you are not alone my dude

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I will not read or google. what are the official responses on: 1) private servers, 2)custom games

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

ok time to get actually good at this game. anybody got a list of all the damage numbers per weapon? thx

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Some kind of shame alarm should start ringing if someone votes for themselves in the mvp card section thing at the end

i vote for the best player every match, it just so happens to always be me

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hmm yes the guy w/ short range instakill ability, less offensive and more defensive than character that literally puts up walls

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i, wangsbig dota, have already reached the lofty heights of number 33 ranked tornjorbrn. what is left? perhaps... 32????

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

loving memes, but anyways, back to the virtues of Gearbox character design

lol

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of overarching story. Is there ever given any reason for why the Overwatch cast are fighting each other? Even in TF2 there was one, even if it was just "There are two big corporations fighting over gravel. They hire mercs to fight for them". In Overwatch it just seems so... weird, since I don't think the crew are mercs.

i do not know if there is a polite way to say this, but I truly feel that people like you should be loaded into comically large cartoon canons and shot into the sun

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for asking for a narrative explanation for gameplay conceits when the game's creator seems inordinately preoccupied with said narrative.

this game was cobbled together from the pieces of a game where such questions might have been applicable. they are churning out low-effort stories & lore because they have bored artists and an engine and they want to sell bobble heads

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So I don't know poo poo about what competitive mode is supposed to be but for the love of god will it show kill and death ratios for everybody on the TAB screen?

I just really want to know how i compared to the rest of the team and why we lost so loving badly

if you cant tell without KDA the answer is probably you, my dude

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Even more than that, people underestimate the zeitgeist that Advent Children went on to capture, with both TV anime and OVAs gathering a larger and older audience than either had at any other point in time in the West. It's really no surprise that people always assume that the characters in VII act like their Advent Children counterparts rather than what they were actually like.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

apologies I meant to empty quote that in several other threads, to make fun of it. carry on

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Widowmaker is only annoying if someone supergood is playing her, i have no problems with regular widowmakers (they are trash and easy to kill)

anyone with the ability to hit the reply button on this forum can click on a body model twice and get a kill. when a champ so goonproof is made, something must be done

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

widowmaker should do 50 damage max on bodyshots, ideally to herself

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

things that should be deleted from the game: the hitscan sniper class, the discordant orb, the ninja champion,

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

the counterplay to over half of the mechanics of this game are 'hide until it goes away' and that is not ok. hire me bilzord.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i type 'game was quite easy' after every game that was quite easy. now for me that happens to be every game, because I am very good

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I have never typed GG because that implies a game was good, which it was not, because it is univocally quite easy

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

as a chaos gamer, i play with a different set of win conditions than what the game imposes upon me. it is imperative to me and those of my kind to make the enemy understand that i am good, and they are bad, and that as a result the game was quite easy

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Kabraxis posted:

You missed the point altogether, but your troll falls flat. In case I'm wrong maybe what I should've said was if that really gets you upset then perhaps you're being over-sensitive about a dumb video game with ape scientists.

Besides, my friends in voice chat already know me as a huge pussy.

no offense bro but you're being kind of a pussy right now

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

people that play competitive videogames have small broken brains and fragile egos and you can easily exploit their delicate emotional constitutions if you say they are bad or call them gay

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i do not expect goons to understand the high-level mind games that come with being a chaos gamer, only to meekly accept their existence and take their place in the pecking order. namaste.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

chaos gaming means to sow the seeds of discord amongst friend and foe alike through any means possible

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

guts and bolts posted:

"dedicated putdown campaign" made me laugh out loud

yes, when my friend whiffs an easy Widowmaker shot on his PotG cam and we all make fun of him for it, it's systematic and organized bullying

je suis widow

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

last night I build a Symmetra teleporter that led off a cliff and two people walked off to their deaths and I thank God every morning that I have friends capable of taking a joke instead of having a meltdown over my problematic behavior

[as God, listening to daily praise from moonrod] sound like a bunch of shitters to me

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Zorodius posted:

HotS has some good examples of ways to make.. characters interesting.

take it back

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i'm going for the nogovonsteel - zarya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

this discussion is like that black/blue gold/white dress thing but somehow more boring