Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I wonder if we'll get patch notes before or at launch; they probably did some tweaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Microwaves Mom posted:

I hope so. I want to see how good D.Va is now.

Why you gotta play with my heart, fam?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Microwaves Mom posted:

Because we know she needs it.

Lets see that hitbox on the head shrink ten fold and the spread on her weapon range tighten!

I know, but I don't want to get my hopes up in case they don't. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Played last night a couple hours. Got PTOG as D.VA on my first twomatches (!), forgot to shadowplay them before quittine the game. :negative:
I also managed to bump two people off the side of Lijiang.

Then I proceeded to suck rear end all night. It's kinda weird how my game went to poo poo since the beta; I never considered myself to be good at the game but holy hell I was being useless for most of my games.

I guess I should just keep playing. :getin:

PS: I hate all of you who got legendary skins, I got sprites. ALL OF THE SPRITES.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Daric posted:

Mei is hilarious. She has just enough health to be super annoying and I love putting up a wall to block an exit so everyone has to funnel out of the other right into my team.

If you're playing Mei start timing your walls so you let one person slip through before blocking the path; it's always hilarious seeing someone try to backpedal only to hit The Wall and die horribly when your team opens on them.

This goes double for any Reinhardt/Hog Mercy combo. Isolate the tank from the healer and go to town. :getin:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

mcbexx posted:

When a round "clicks", this is the most fun I have had in a game in a long, long time.

When you're getting clowned by other, better players and in addition your team is borderline retarded, it's the most rage-inducing experience ever.

Holy poo poo, I'm afraid I am going to pop a vessel today.

I don't have a problem with losing if the other team is just plain better that yours.

But when you lose because your whole team is out pimping their k/d ratio or standing just a bit outside the point without contesting it with the timer ticking down? I am become salt, hater of games.

/edit:

Daric posted:

Yeah I've been trying to do that when I get the opportunity. I'm playing on PS4 so if you press R1 to prep the wall and press R1 again it'll change the direction.

I also enjoy cutting off half a point so my team can load up in it and start claiming it before they can stop us. 2 Mei's fighting each other over a point is amazing to watch. Just giant wall after giant wall.

Not only that, you can use Mei's wall to climb stuff. Flip its direction and aim down while running, you can get on high-ish ledges (like the opening to the side of Hanamura's point A entry when defending) and icicle people in the back of their stupid heads. You won't get Genji-level mobility, but it'll get you places most people don't expect to see a Mei coming from.

/edit2: vvvvv I like you

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 24, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

I got PotG against the same poor team twice in a row.

They thought they could hunker down with Reins and Bastions. Murder wheel says nope:
https://gfycat.com/AnnualHardGuppy

Rein tried to smash me to no avail:
https://gfycat.com/DelectableSharpComet

Edit: GIFVs were choppy - linked instead.

I thought that "double Reinhardt double mercy bastion" team was going to be a lot more trouble than it was. Getting wrecked on point A may have had something to do with it. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

2) Always have both balls out as much as possible.

Life advice.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Han Nehi posted:

Any colorblind goons have the secret to these color options? I played with them a bit and it seems like my options are:
- squint at nearly invisible red text against dark blue sky
- have visible text, but the game world is psychedelic garbage rainbow-barfing-unicorn land

I'm colourblind but a rather tame variety, so I don't use any of the options there. It would probably depend on your particular type of colourblindness though; have you ever had a proper test done to check which one you have?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm warming up to edgelord.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=152xaTjjqTI

My record eliminations in one game is 27. With Mei. How the hell am I better at murdering people with Mei than with Pharah or 76? :psyduck:

/edit:

Macaluso posted:

I don't know how you guys do anything with Reaper. He just isn't meshing with me at all

He's not assault, don't try to use him on frontal attacks or you'll die horribly. Use the E teleport, get behind the enemy team and pick off stragglers. Also, get in their backs before you start firing; you have shotguns, not assault rifles. Then what ^^^^ said.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 27, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Siivola posted:

Hey, could the goon running the big sheet take my name off it?

Deleted.

/edit: If anyone else wants to be taken off the list (or have their information changed), you can send me an edit request via the sheet itself with the info and I'll do the changes. Remember to send your forums username in the edit request so I know who to delete! :eng101:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 27, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Mercy's nes zapper packs a surprising punch. I flip to it and drop enemy players fairly often.
And i'd stab someone, in front of they own mama, for that valkyrie skin.

There are few things more satisfying than dropping a Reinhardt with Mercy's or D.VAs pistols. Doubly so if the finishing blow is a melee.

But nothing will surpass nailing a Widow in the face with an icicle. You got outsniped, bitch!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Onean posted:

I put a link to your post in the OP, just in case.

That's brilliant, cheers.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Zzulu posted:

they simply need to remove Dvas head

New D.VA model leaked.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

I want to play the arcade games in Hanamura instead of skirmish when I'm waiting for a new match.

Give me a D.VA meka side scroller a la R-type. Or Junkers Metal Slug.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

"I think this is my last game for the night, I really gotta get some sleep"
"yeah same"
"yeah"
"well if it's our last game do you think we should do something special?"
"what do you have in mind?"

winky face!

It's worked every time. Perfect record with 6 D.VAs.

Those were some really fun games tonight guys. :D

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I had a... productive night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZX4WP5--Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJPrek9L1G0

Overwatch only saves 5 highlights, so if you get POTG early and want to record it, do it then or you may lose a wicked POTG with Zarya. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Doot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohb7qvPxDZQ

/edit: whoa? I think it uploaded like crap? The first 7 seconds appear frozen here

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
People probably don't even care about these anymore, but I'm proud of them. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOyaq7LWXI

I got really pissed at a Reinhardt for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TJFNwOqJgc

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm really bugged by Widow's low-res tattoo for some reason. In a game where everything looks so pretty it stands out like a sore thumb:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

lazorexplosion posted:

In other news, Reapers continue to be 5% pretty ok and 95% the most useless heroes on the entire team.

There's like no middle ground for reapers. Either they're utterly garbage or they're getting ult every 10 seconds and shutting down every single loving push your team attempts by jumping on the payload from a roof and doing his stupid little dance.

I think I'm salty about Reapers. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Samara posted:

You guys think D Va is bad? I feel like Winston can't do poo poo but jump in and die.

They need to boost his damage slightly.

The categories in this game can be a little misleading. The only tanks that can properly tank are Reinhardt and Zarya; Winston and D.VA are high mobility sniper/healer harassers much like Reaper or Tracer. They can take more damage, sure, but you can't just stand there and duke it out with half the enemy team or you'll get torn to shreds.

Winston and D.VA both have high mobility abilities on a short cooldown for a reason, they're made to jump in (literally in Winston's case), murder a Widow and jump out when the other team reacts.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I got gold medal on ojective time yesterday babysitting the payload El Dorado with only 2 deaths as Zarya; the other team could just not kill me fast enough.
She has 200 shields, if you manage her barriers properly and duck into cover to reload them she's a bloody monster.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kenshin posted:

Yeah I'm pretty salty about Reapers too
:(:hf::(

Zzulu posted:

Winston is the only character I fear as Genji, I am just completely powerless against him. My mobility and skillset means nothing because

a) his dumb aoe autoaim gun will hit me no matter how much I double jump and dash around
b) if I try to gain distance from him he'll just ape-jump at me

And my reflect does nothing against him and he has too much HP to burst down fast :qq:

stupid ape :qq:
Nothing better than chasing a Genji with Zarya or Mei and watch him turn on deflect. Silly Genji, deflects are for projectiles! :allears:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Drakes posted:

Late to reaper chat, wouldn't mind if he did reduced damage with his ult to people above/below him. Dropping down with ult basically murders anyone with 200 by the time he touches ground.

Yeah, for all the people complaining about how fast Mei's ult pops, at least you can get out of the way. If you're not playing a tank and Reaper drops from a ledge you're basically dead.

My only issues with the game so far are the "almost-one-hit-kills". Roadhog's hook/shotty, McCree's Flash/Fan, and Widow (to a lesser degree since she needs headshots) make it really unfun to pay against them. I don't mind a character being squishy, but considering the baseline health is 200 having characters who have can dish out that damage without you being able to do jack poo poo about it raises my salt levels.

I've been hearing people comment about finding it odd that people are still dying to D.VAs and Hanzo's ults since it's kinda trivial to get out of their way and they're right, for all their damage they're super telegraphed (or Pharah and McCree who can usually get murdered when trying to pop one) so Reaper's ult kinda stands out in that regard as kinda cheap.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

emdash posted:

that's dumb and it's what leads to a boring game like HOTS where most abilities feel like they do nothing

stuff should feel overpowered, it's more fun

If everything felt overpowered, it'd be fine. If one thing stands out as being overpowered it just feels cheap.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Dias posted:

I'll record Lucio's lines in Portuguese if Blizz pays me

(activates ult)
"É BAILE DE FAVELA NESSA PORRA AEW"

I'll never forget when I went to Paraty a couple years ago, some dude dropped a 6pack of beers at the beach and one of his friends screamed "ahhh, sua PORRA!".

I had to concentrate just to stop laughing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Turtlicious posted:

I honestly hope scoreboards never make it into this game, it'd incite an already lovely playerbase, and allow them to make even more bullshit assumptions about "why they lost." Just live with the fact that you lost and use the medals (which show if you're in the top 3 or bottom 3,) to see how you did.

I also want a mute for global chat.
And a mute for general chat.
and a mute for allied chat.

I just want to be able to disable the chat overlay to record my POTGs without " [Turtilicious] has stopped playing overwatch" popping to the left.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Alt+Z on windows hides the hud.

:swoon:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm sitting at 73% with McCree. :colbert:

Played him like 2 times total

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Broken Cog posted:

That's it, I'm literally never playing Lucio again. He might be one of the strongest heroes in the game at the moment, but every game with him is just mind-numbingly boring. It's funny how he's kinda advertised as an offensive support, but his guns do diddly-squat for damage, so your entire purpose during a match is just to stay alive and be an aura bot for your team.

My solo queue enjoyment improved significantly as soon as I stopped picking him, even if the team was missing a support.

I've been playing Mercy when I go support exactly for this reason.
Except on Lijiang tower, that's all Lucio all the time because I like to doot people off ledges.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Question regarding ping/netcode for you more technically-savvy goons out there. What would you say is the point where ping starts noticeably influencing your aiming? I play from South America and the local servers have 40 ping but the people here are terrible human beings so I end up playing with goons and I usually get 180~200 ping.

I don't get any weird rubberbanding and while I do get the odd "but I was around the corner, come ON!" moment I've never watched a replay and noticed myself on a different position than where I thought I was.

I don't play the most "aim-dependent" characters such as McCree or Widow, but can 200 ping be having a noticeable effect on my aiming and I should stick to junkrat and Winston, or do I just suck at aiming and should git gud?

Thyrork posted:

This is the terrible secret to enjoying Lucio. :ssh:

Oh trust me, I know. Hence the Lijiang comment.

One thing, though; I noticed that when you start wallrunning like a motherfucker people have a terrible time bringing you down. The other night I was defending Anubis B and I was the last man standing against 3 dudes from the other team and I just starting grinding all over the place. They eventually got me (mostly by splash damage), but I won a lot of time for my team to get back.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 1, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

MacheteZombie posted:

Does "E" rotate Symmetra's teleporter like Mei's Icewall?

Look down, there's an arrow that points to the exit (it's always pointing towards you, so just put your back to the direction you want your team to face when exiting).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I've been salty about Reaper's ult before, but it wasn't until last night when I was playing Zarya and he went through my shield and my 400 health that I checked the actual damage and holy gently caress his ult does 600 damage. :psyduck:

Seriously, poo poo's just silly. :sigh:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kashuno posted:

pop your barrier and boom high energy THANK YOU

I did. Barrier is 200 health, and Zarya's health is 400 (200 shields and 200 normal). He does 600 damage over 3 seconds.

Even with the energy boost from absorbing those first few hits I couldn't take him down before he killed me; I may be able to pull it off it I see the fucker coming, but when he drops on the payload from above in Hollywood there's jack poo poo you can do about it. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I really really hope they buff Zenyatta's health just a wee bit (or replace his normal health with armour, which would make sense considering he's a bloody robot), because he's just so much loving fun to play with but I every time I see a widow I have to switch out before transcending into salt.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Sometimes, just sometimes, I'm alright at this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-uAdhJ8WGo

Some guy from the other team was really pissed off I dooted him off point when he was about to contest in overtime and we won that round. :allears:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Nehru the Damaja posted:

a good private video

:negative: I'm new at this youtube stuff. Should be good now.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I love this. Have a feeling it might make her a bit OP but why the gently caress not?

Drunk Goon Overwatch is absolutely peer reviewed as the best way to play Overwatch. :cheers:

Got myself a bottle of good gin, some vermouth and absolutely no plans for the night. See you guys in a couple hours. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Teach me to Genji, guys.

/edit: I did watch OAM's video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRcCdH5-U_8

but I feel like I'm not able to consistently take down people, and every time I trigger the ult I'm dead before killing anybody. :(

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 5, 2016