Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

do they post patch notes anywhere
is there a graph of hero win %?

goodness posted:

I haven't heard/read anything about this game. From the brief video I watched it seems like a TF2-like but with a refreshed roster/maps/etc.

Is this supposed to be really good?

yes its made by blizzard and they have a history of good games and from the open beta we, the players, saw that it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

im so loving mad at this game holy moly

i've been playing since 7 and I've got 8 wins

eight wins

I'm level 10

why does my team suck so hard every time, I should expect less of goons gg

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hi gang, I made a post complaining about losing

it turns out if your party is 5 other goons you lose, but if you play with real life friends the game is a lot more lighthearted and you win a lot LOT more!

just some tips from your friend,

happy overwatch day!

remember: inspect other randoms profiles, and if they don't play primarily support and have average kills per round under 10, maybe find another teammate unless they are cool and fun to play with!

that's another pro tip from Mort's "How to Have Fun and Win at Overwatch" class!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

gigawhite posted:

Any idea if I could get some performance improvements in this game by upgrading from my Radeon 6850? Computer's coming up on 5 years old but I don't feel like going all out and building a new rig just yet. Am I going to be mostly limited by my AMD Phenom II X4? (Yeah, I know. AMD.)

yes and yes

Nvidia has new cards out in a month, upgrade cpu now for biggest increase in overall computer function

Zaphod42 posted:

Very, very few games are CPU-bound these days

:laffo:

what in the world? 99% of online games are cpu-bound...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

This is a troll, right? I don't think anyone is this dense.

Let's just ignore the guy calling dwarf stacks op.

e. also contradicting.

he plays on ps4, don't be mean

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

twitch community tournament starting in a few minutes @ https://www.twitch.tv/playoverwatch

if you'd rather watch from a player perspective and hear team calls + not have commentary you can watch from moonmoon's perspective here https://www.twitch.tv/moonmoon_ow

these aren't pros are they? they're not very good haha

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

holy moly okay this game is back to being a slog

half my opponents are people level 40+(!!!!) who no lifed it enough to memorize maps and type "u mad u mad u mad" in chat constantly

why did I think this would be any different than every other blizzard game

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

goon_games.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkgi2ut1I

50% of my team was good but the other 50% whew thats a spicy meatball
not pictured: me telling the lucio to kill himself gd I was mad. he shouldn't actually kill himself, if you read this i apologize but you should really not play lucio like that at all, namaste

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what is the point of discord other than LFG?

in game voice is fine,
also half of you guys dont say "we're in discord" so I talk to an empty room half the time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

does zenyatta's orb of discord affect reinhardt's shield

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I want a mime skin for mccree so he doesn't say anything during high noon

talking in whispering or mumbling ultimates = OP (wolf hanzo, any of mei's)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I want an option where the characters speak english. Yeah I know what a novelty it is to have AAA game characters say funny words in your native language but I don't speak chinese and don't really want to learn until they invade the US.

Instead of saying "alajsdflkj lkjalkdjfjsf" mei would say "IM MAKING THE GROUND COLD" and the ult would seem less bullshit

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I've never had any problems hearing her callout so I think you're just deaf.

why shouldn't deaf people be allowed to play at a high level? there should be visual indicators pointing to an ultimate in case you aren't directly facing it. Maybe also put in an optional "footsteps" indicator, that's a huge one that you need to hear if you want to play a flanker. Deaf people can only play tanks and plain offense characters and without basic indicators not very well.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I realised in the random hero brawl that I'm a Mei god

"I did great when everyone else couldn't play a good class"

hmm yes good metrics, good metrics indeed...

actually it says here Mei is bad save your points

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Keshik posted:

Blizzard made a pretty good sniping game. I mean, the maps seem a little cramped sometimes, they could be a lot bigger, with wide open spaces to snipe in. But as games about being a sniper go, this one is still pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9R21Z7PpyM

15 minute vid? really? cut to the good parts jabrony

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

The only thing I don't like in Overwatch is the AFK script. It understandable if your playing solo, but when in a group match, it sucks if you get interrupted and get kicked out of the match and have to spectate a match. And the added lovely bonus of afk kicks I imagine count toward the leaver punishment.

don't go afk

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i had my first instance of a pubbie swearing at me last night

he complained in team chat that he died 4 times to roadhog hooking him into the pit in ilios

i said maybe don't stand next to the pit, he said maybe suck my cock

another pubbie said yes but also maybe don't stand next to the pit

and that's my story of overwatch pubbies. they're almost always just silent(ly bad) in my games.

my team of 3 friends and I always tell pubs to not play hanzo or mei when they instalock them, and have been called faggots not one, not two, but three times by pubs. In text chat so it's reportable! Enjoy the suspension friend.

I don't care if you play widow or reaper 24/7 but hanzo is trash and I don't believe you can play Mei good enough, sorry pub.

e: reaper is good, I'll spoil my not so secret spot to TP on for people who don't play reaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOP7bz1AvMg
Numbani is fantastic

mbt fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 10, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

zenyatta buff: 150 health changed to 151

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

flashman posted:

You, and your friends, are huge losers

hanzo main spotted

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

flashman posted:

I dislike both those characters but if someone told some random dude in quick match to switch from mei the rest of the game would be following him around ice walling him in unfortunate circumstances for sure.

wow you sound like a real chore, making everyone lose because someone said a character was bad :qq:

Papercut posted:

Congrats on being an rear end in a top hat for no reason, I guess?

I like to win, sorry
e: sorry sorry...sorry.....sorry

hanzo is a bad character when widowmaker exists
I'd take a reaper or winston over mei any day for close range

mbt fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 10, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Papercut posted:

He's in quick play with random people. He should be commending them if they can figure out how to get out of the spawn point. Those people's fun he's making GBS threads on could literally be 11-year-old kids.

Well I guess he could be an 11-year-old kid too. In that case, I'm sorry for calling you an rear end in a top hat, Mort.

I'm doing pubs a favor by carrying their sorry rear end, the least they can do is at least pretend they're helping
e: when I say me I mean my team, because teamwork OP also having healers and tanks is good and I never see pubs pick anything but hanzo and mei

I'm teaching them about what good heroes are. Their mice should have an electric shock when they pick hanzo or mei to negatively reinforce that those characters are really bad

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Papercut posted:

If you want to win, why are you playing quick play with pubs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDkgi2ut1I

RC Cola posted:

Who gives a poo poo if they win or not? There isn't even a ranked mode yet

winning is fun and it sucks seeing a hanzo get zero kills

Ularg posted:

Oh sorry I didn't realize picking Mei, D.va, or whoever else you think sucks today is considered "Not wanting to win" excuse me.

it's not just me, don't even pretend. Dva Mei and Hanzo are considered by a huge number of people to be underpowered and not worth playing when alternatives exist.

to: everyone not liking the reality of some heroes are bad in a game with 21 of them: lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

You might be noticing this more because it happens with a character you think is bad, but why do you think someone that keeps shooting Zarya with her shield up would do anything different when playing an in-meta character?

D.Va's on Defense annoy me because that isn't what her toolset is for but I think she's a blast to play on O assuming you're flanking and loving up snipers and being a more mobile Tracer. If you're trying to be Rein that's a different story but basically I'm saying a bad player will be a bad player regardless of class, and I'm sorry you haven't seen a good D.Va but it's not impossible.

Dva has a lot of close range sustained damage, most bad/average players will hold that left click far too long. Characters like mccree/genji/pharrah where your left click is more deliberate don't have that problem.

Dva can be great against average players but on a lot of maps there's just too many things to hide behind or get flanked from, she's kinda bad to middling.

Indecisive posted:

to: the idea that you care about winning in the video game so desparately that you actively negatively impact your own enjoyment: lol

thanks buddha I guess I"ll learn to love the game and have fun even when getting stomped namaste

Ularg posted:

You must be absolutely insufferable to play with if you're bitching about even goons.

buddy, why do you think I play with pubs instead of goons?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Indecisive posted:

you should try it, you'll have alot more fun when you aren't allowing your blood pressure to skyrocket because the text at the end of the game was red instead of white

as long as the cause was we got outplayed instead of "our team comp was hosed by useless heroes" then im pretty all right tbh

Verranicus posted:

Don't tell other people, especially goons, what to play unless they're outright trolling/admitting to not trying to win.

uhh?
"I'm intentionally feeding"
"please don't play mei or hanzo!"

what did that solve

"I'm going to play hanzo"
"hanzo isnt good, we need a widowmaker tank healer reaper mccree tracer genji 76 try one of those"
"okay"

oh look we won

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

1. Get over yourself, because I promise you that you and your friends aren't even close to as good as you think you are.

2. Please post your and your friends' gamertags so I can preemptively block you dumbasses. I'd like to reduce the chances of getting paired with insufferable children.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Mortimer-1959/compare
:smuggo:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Drythe posted:

guys, check out how loving awesome i am at internet waifu wars

gently caress ya if you dont do this you cant have fun you loving pleb, now suck my dick as i say how good i am

n
i
c
e meltdown

Kawabata posted:

what

you're level 40 with less than 130 wins, how does that prove anything ever

are you that reaper that makes everyone lose to get the sick kills and potgs instead of coordinating with the team to play the objective

ya lmao thats totally me
what is MMR and weighting towards 50% winrate? do you know? does anyone know?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Hahaha. It's always good to be proven right.

Verranicus posted:

Cool, so you can't even back up your lovely attitude with good play.

I didnt see some compares

if youre gonna be like me and have a tiny dick at least link your comparisons bb

no matter how "bad" I am hanzo and mei are still worse

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kamikaze Raider posted:

The difference is that we aren't telling people what to play and what not to play, because we aren't whiny babies who think that winning is more important than people having fun playing a video game. Hope that explains the difference.

please don't play hanzo

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eonwe posted:

im soldier 76

because he is cool

irl? that cool I like him in real life and in game

Lastgirl posted:

please loving neck yourself

over the line bud

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If the people in this thread were an Overwatch hero, we would all be Symmetra.

Im symmetra in roadhog's body

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh so you're so bad at the game you let Roadhog eat you.

Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

don't kinkshame

NmareBfly posted:

here is my penis, please rate it: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/MCMorava-1836

60% win rate so clearly I'm basically #1 MLG pro all time.

don't worry you'll be matched with hanzo pubs until you get ratcheted down to 50

Xaerael posted:

I have a better win/loss than any of your characters on Symmetra.

Take a moment to think about that.

I'm close to having a better win/loss than any of your characters on D.Va.

Take a moment to think about that.

After you've had your think, reconsider making the claims you've been making.

TIA.

nice! I'm glad for you. symmetra is a really strong character but one I don't enjoy playing often.
win/loss rate doesn't matter though, my fun meter is off the charts!!!!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kawabata posted:

your nickname is mortimer and you posted a masteroverwatch profile for everyone to see where your "best hero" in your lvl 40 ow experience is reaper, all the while bragging like you're seagull, goon version

did you change your rl name to sephiroth

do you cut yourself

reaper is a good hero that I like to play, yes. I think I am above average with him and can be a good asset to the team which is why I play him. His kit is unique and his ultimate can turn the tide in many fights.

where and how often I cut myself is for me and my tumblr followers to know

please don't meltdown as well, the eonwe graphite rods can only handle so many

NmareBfly posted:

I match with hanzos and genjis and d.vas all the time but I guess I'm just good enough to carry them to victory. :shrug:

genji and dva are very good to good heroes
hanzo isn't

its nuts how this turned from "hanzo isn't a good hero and mei is hard to play" into "if you aren't playing the MLG setup gently caress YOU"

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wish blizzards patch schedule wasnt glacial

how hard is it for a billion dollar company to test a few number changes and put it out the door

Widowmaker nerfs maybe before 2017 at this rate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wit posted:

They did do it better. The demographic isn't eternally pissy CoD players. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if that was deliberate decision and a high five after someone said "but people who call you a friend of the family in a high voice on mic might not want to play it then".

what the hell are you talking about dude

"widowmaker is overpowered"
"actually the demographic that plays it is much more pleasant"

?????