Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

The Walrus posted:

also this is next week, apparently

Oh snap. Ok cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

How dare you

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

EbolaIvory posted:

I always feel lost jumping in but charades is a ton of fun. At least, when you get a lobby with people who want to play and not just say racist poo poo.

Report those people, rec room is actually pretty great about banning those poo poo heads.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I'm getting frustrated there is still virtually no info on knuckles controllers general release :(

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

:siren: :siren: AIRHORN :siren: :siren:

KNUCKLES INFO BOYS

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508356684

edit: So its not a ton of new info, they are producing EV3, and it sounds like it might be the final dev kit before release since all of the changes are fairly minor. However battery life is a whopping 7-8 hours which seems pretty awesome.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 18, 2018

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I too am confused why my led keychain flashlight has better battery life than my laptop :downs:

People really and truly seem to misunderstand how much more power is necessary even for relatively simple microprocessors as it compares to emitting light through an LED.

Oculus didn't magically create more energy efficiency, its just what they need for their tracking demands less energy. By several orders of magnitude.

You also have to consider weight. the knuckles controllers have a pretty slim profile, so they probably don't want to add much bulk with a huge battery. And why would they? Who is playing games for longer than 7+ hrs in a row so no idea why its even an issue.

Plus built-in recharable Li-ion better than replaceable AA's any day, change my mind.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 19, 2018

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Guess I'm lucky cause I've never had my wands run out of battery cause I am capable of plugging two things in :shrug:

Its especially odd to hear "I don't like plugging two things in" when you all are talking about your setup to get a bit of extra room space. Ya'll have weird priorities.

Lemming posted:

I have a foam mattress I cut in half with a box cutter so I'd have room for a permanent setup in my bedroom. I have four cameras I mounted to my walls, and I taped a 4'x4' foam mat to the floor for my playspace

Yes, this is insane

lol

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Protocol7 posted:

I just bought a 48-pack of AA's from Best Buy for like 9 bucks because of the WMR controllers.

I should really just get rechargeables, I'm not an environmentalist by any means but this is just incredibly wasteful.

Honestly do it, rechargeables are good and disposable batteries are apparently really lovely for the enviornment.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

GutBomb posted:

“I want to play VR games right now but my controller is out of batteries so instead of putting a couple freshly charged double A’s and playing I have to plug my controllers in to charge them and since they take 45 minutes to charge I guess I can’t play right now”

Except this never happens to me because remembering to plug two things in when I'm done playing is literally zero effort unless you are brain damaged.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I don't think about you at all

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Kevin died so we didn't have to suffer loot lake building anymore :3

edit: wrong thread. Though my point stands never forget Kevin

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I dunno I think remembering to plug two things in is less weird than cutting ones bed in half to play vr better lol

edit: Here, let me help: Use whatever battery paradigm you want. If that involves using replaceable AA batteries please buy rechargeables for the sake of the enviornment and have fun playing vr.

VVV Yikes lol. Sorry I guess reading something in the last page, which apparently was your post, is the same as being as obssessed with you as you seem to be with me :bigtran:

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 20, 2018

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Alright I'll just post when there is actual vr news.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Zero VGS posted:

I dunno if you noticed but Cheap Chinese headsets don't and won't ever come anywhere near the quality / attention to detail of an Oculus product, not in comfort and especially not in the optics department. So yeah lock-in will still matter because Oculus makes the headsets that Joe Schmoe actually wants, and wants to buy more games for. Pimax had a small army of kickerstarter backers and beta testers shouting advice at them all day and still overlooked a lot of things that Facebook has entire teams with world-class engineers and scientists devoted towards.

Truga posted:

yes, that's exactly what people are saying.

bring back bargefink
Don't do it, if you say his name 3 times he'll appear like Candyman

Truga posted:

yes, that's exactly what people are saying.

bring back bargefink

Cojawfee posted:

Wait, so which one of you is the knifegrab parachute account?

Hello old friends.