Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm backing it because it's a cool piece of design and it's interesting as a game that is explicitly about something.

Yeah, this is one of those "more things like this should exist in the world" projects, even if I probably won't play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379&perpage=40&pagenumber=1123#post476157425

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

malkav11 posted:

Wow. 7 years and only 55 comments.

They didn't want to distract him.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It might also be that they back with their personal account and want to launch the project with an organization account.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TG Kickstarter Thread Onslaught 3: You bumbling zero-level clod

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

homullus posted:

I'm not a dice scientist. Does this actually matter, or is this another pebble on the mountain of "nerds hate change"?

It is exactly such a pebble.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Or better yet ask people how many times they've played the game when they rate it and use that as a soft weighting factor in the back end.

That would skew scores upwards, because people who dislike a game aren't likely to play it many times.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DalaranJ posted:

You know I almost copy pasted the entire update text here. And no one from the project would have thought to check here.

It's not too late.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

It’s ok, HGS is all talk, no cronk.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GaistHeidegger posted:

They do specify that it's proportional to each other--the dice are all scaled to match and they bring up that 'most other' dice sets do not have the same relative proportions.

The page specifically says that the d20 and d6 are different sizes, though. They certainly don’t have the same mass. I like that he explains that the dice will last a long time. I don’t think wear and tear is much of a concern unless you’re rolling onto a belt sander or something.

I’ve backed some of his other stuff because I have a dice problem, but this KS left me cold.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JackMann posted:

Monster Hunters' Club, a new Savage Worlds RPG meant to emulate 80's kids adventures like E.T., Goonies, and Monster Squad, as well as more modern takes on the genre like Stranger Things or the new It.

I'm just about to start reading Tales from the Loop, which seems like it's aimed at the same sort of feel. How would you compare them?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What do you mean “unlock the giant”? It looks like you can already select that level.

E: ah, that giant!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 13, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Giant is in!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arivia posted:

gamifying sexual assault and misogyny

*deep tentative breath*

Could you elaborate?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vehementi posted:

I have gloomhaven and actually its KS was cheaper ($100 USD, including shipping, leaving ridiculous amounts of money on the table).

That shipping cannot have been cheap, either.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ravendas posted:

It was such a ridiculous deal I felt I had to back that Founders project of his.

Link please yes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Oh.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm still waiting on Jon Shafer's At the Gates

He left Paradox and is apparently going to work on it again!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Loomer posted:

There were, once upon a time.

Such as the 80s?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mllaneza posted:

I backed Sunset Over Water because I'm pretty sure I can get Mom to play it, it was pretty, had a single player game, was from an established designer, and was dead gorgeous. They just posted an unboxing video for the first print samples. Loooooking goooood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omFTlEfvU7s

Is there a way to order that if you missed the KS? It looks fantastic.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Are Onyx Path regressive abuse apologists? I have lost track.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Covok posted:

Didn't they hire Zack S?

Yes. Holden Shearer has made some grave-sounding accusations, but I don’t know how credible he or she is.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MollyMetroid posted:

No. Not at all.

Ugh, I confused them with White Wolf. My bad.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FirstAidKite posted:

I just like collecting dice that I think look neat :\

Very, very same.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wasn't there a Kickstarter for metal dice that included big, table-destroying tungsten dice so heavy they wouldn't roll?

There have been a few that did tungsten dice, but I don't recall a huge one, and I follow kickstarter dice projects more closely than I probably should.

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 8, 2018

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Chill la Chill posted:

They look cool, I give them that. I think the main "problem" (I don't see it as such) is that they require a different technique to roll well. Unlike the typical die where you just cup them in your hand and toss them, these look like they'll need to be spun by rubbing your hands. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more gimmick randomizers, since chinese fortune sticks would make for a fun randomizer.

You don't have a 3-foot dice tower?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Echophonic posted:

I like that gem d20. I can definitely appreciate the appeal of those sets, as another person who owns a poo poo load of dice. I ended up with an almost complete set of CoC dice from the KS a while back.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that stretch goal will be met. :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Baron Snow posted:

Probably. I remember at PAX Unplugged seeing a 3" - 4" metal d20 that was called the table destroyer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pookin/the-tablebreaker-the-ultimate-d20/description is a 4.6", 4.8 lb aluminum d20. Mine is out for delivery!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

inklesspen posted:

It looks like it just got unlocked.

Yes!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

EverettLO posted:

Strongholds and Streaming looks like it will take the record for most raised for an RPG kickstarter. It's been on the market for a little over a day and is nearly in the number two spot. I assume this is mainly due to the guy's popularity on Youtube because a fairly focused 128 page sourcebook seems like a strange contender.

I wonder if that’ll be better than just porting the Reign organizational conflict mechanics to 5e.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Serf posted:

I just got my City of Mist book and this is by far the heaviest RPG book I own. You could kill a man with this loving brick of a book.

I think Red Markets is mine.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

YouTube.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mors Rattus posted:

Anyway, re: Zak

Pretty please?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sinteres posted:

Yeah, I got Gloomhaven and I really mean to play it someday, honest, but I kind of wish I'd started off with a little bit lighter game I'd have an easier time convincing my normie friends to play with me, and I'm hoping FFG or someone makes a new one soon that doesn't have to jury rig in co-op rules after the fact. I'd even be tempted to get the insanely expensive Batman game if it was actually co-op.

One Deck Dungeons is sort of a diet Gloomhaven. Might be worth checking it out.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Maybe I’m on a stricter diet than you are. :colbert:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bieeanshee posted:

Backed Flying Circus. It looks fun, and the fact that I have fond childhood memories of visiting Ottawa had nothing to do with it. Really, just a pleasant coincidence.

I really appreciate the existence of the hardship pledge tier. I didn't use it, but having spent a demoralizing amount of time on welfare... I think it's a lovely gesture.

I can’t find Flying Circus on Kickstarter or IG. Do you have a link? I grew up in Ottawa, so I’m curious!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lemon-Lime posted:

Near the top of this very page:

Oops, thanks.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Rad Valtar posted:

My local game shop owner runs a Munchkin Invitational for a spot in like done national tournament. I turned and walked out when he told me this.

You are *extremely* edgy!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why not? Kickstarter isn’t some means-tested charity program, it’s a marketing tool. More the merrier, especially if they can deliver.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am pretty sad that I missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Flavivirus posted:

It goes on sale tomorrow, so you won't have long to wait :D

!