Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

After watching their gameplay video, it feels like a similar experience to Warhammer Quest. The combat (and specifically aggro) mechanics are different, but the monster groups look mostly/completely random and you have to get killing blows if you want loot or XP. That combined with spending XP to either use your cool move or make your character better has me giving it a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

No gameplay video, no rules PDF, no way to sell me on how the hell everyone dicking around at the same time is going to work.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

BITBOX claims to be the future of board game storage, with a simplistic design that can hold up to 16 games per box. As much as I like my game boxes, nothing irks me more than trying to painstakingly balance them on top of each other. Plus trying to carry a crap-ton of boxes to friend's houses is always a recipe for disaster.

It has all those X-friendly shipping badges, but I can't exactly call $25 + $23 or $29 + $52 for basic pledges shipped to Canada 'friendly'. If you're not in the US you'll probably skip it on the S&H alone.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Excuse me while I drop a minimum of $539 for the post-launch updates to the campaign.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I put a pledge on Gloomhaven for a long while, but eventually cancelled because I knew there's no way I'll be fine with putting stickers on things and writing notes on stuff and such. I don't think I'm the type to own a legacy game (though maybe hypocritically I'd be fine with joining someone else's legacy campaign? I don't know).

It's really more of a campaign style than legacy style. The changes you make are mostly (potentially all? I haven't played through it yet) additive, like putting achievement and location stickers on the map or enhancing ability cards with new ability stickers rather than tearing up cards.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So you put stickers on things and write notes on stuff, you could say?

Only note writing is on sheets which you have multiple copies of, but sure. If you can't stand a blank map that you put stickers on instead of having all the locations show up at the beginning of the game, then I'm sorry you're going to miss out on Gloomhaven.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Agent Rush posted:

Hey, what would be the total pledge if you wanted to get a copy of Gloomhaven and the solo scenarios from the kickstarter? Is it $109 or more than that to get everything?

$99 for the box, $10 for the scenarios looks right to me. By all means though, ask Isaac. He's active in the comments.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Doorknob Slobber posted:

do people think the gloomhaven estimate of an august delivery is a good estimate?

The only reason I'd have to be concerned about August is that he crushed his goal and therefore might get slowed down by needing that many copies to be produced. Otherwise like HGS said, it's a reprint, he's done this before and knows how long it should take.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

The Moon Monster posted:

Have there always been this many miniature centric boardgame kickstarters going on? Between Kingdom Death, Dark Souls, CMON stuff and to lesser extent Gloomhaven it feels like 2012-2014 did for videogames.

All I know about Rifts is that it has characters called Glitterboys and yet that game doesn't seem to have any in mini form? Not impressed.

Glitterboys are robotic power armor and evidently that's out of scale for this thing?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Jedit posted:

More that the worst people like anime.

Which anime is your favorite?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Signal posted:

Other than a vague note of "Legendary Scale!" do you know what actual scale these models are? 10mm?

There was a comparison picture to a 32mm scale miniature, the humans looked to be about a third of it, so roughly 10mm? Takes a bit away from the impressiveness of the dragon's scale, even if it's still going to be huge.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sinteres posted:

Giving your opinion about the game is fine, and if that makes people feel differently then cool. After that point though, if people enjoy it and want to continue playing, screaming at them like a deranged person is probably more likely to change their opinion of you than the game. If you're determined to attack someone, attack the designer, not the players.

Both are complicit - the designer for making the bullshit in the first place and the players for providing a market to legitimize and propagate the bullshit. Addressing one doesn't deal with the problem effectively.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Slig posted:

I backed Wicked Ones and ended up with a steam key for War for the Overworld, which I already own.

If it's your jam have at it: 25629-YKGH2-YAV0H

I enjoyed Dungeon Keeper back in the day, looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the code!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Joe Slowboat posted:

But without Shadowrun, how will the bulk order neon d6 industry stay in business?

In the grimdark future of neon d6s, Warhammer 40K is all you need.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

There's also the uncertainty of what the hell is going on inside CMON to worry about if you're looking at backing Ankh. Not exactly what I'd call a sure bet, despite CMON's track record of releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

GrandpaPants posted:

In related news, the digital Gloomhaven devs seem to have gone dark (no updates since March 15), so that's sorta disconcerting.

They look perfectly active on their Discord and the last news announcement there was on the 24th for an open beta update.