Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm enjoying 7th Sea so far, but I'm only 100 pages in. There's still some Wickery in stuff like the Inismore section or people's opinions on Vodacce, but it's relatively subdued.

I haven't really dug keep into the rules yet, we'll see how that goes. Yes, the dice mechanic is dodgy, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker in and of itself.

I really wish it wasn't formatted in the two-page layout, reading like that is a pain, and probably not feasible on my tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Well the Brexit's tanking of the Pound at least means the Basius 3 Kickstarter got a lot cheaper for everyone else.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Don't know about anywhere else, but down here women's sanitary items are still a luxury, because the politicians get red in the face and refuse to talk about woman things when people push for change.

Illinois only just eliminated the tampon tax earlier this year, it's basically the only good thing that has happened at the state level since our idiot gently caress of a governor was elected.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr.Trifecta posted:

That's because your state spent all their money on O'hara. I literally ran the entire airport trying to make flights last night and that thing was HUGE. Terminal 3 looked pretty new.

Oh, O'Hare is a shitshow (always fly to/from Midway) but our terrible financial condition is based on far more than just one airport. We're a complete disaster since way back.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I think there's an important distinction between running off with money vs. being harassed off the internet/out of an industry.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Germ posted:

Opportunity ... fading.

Less than 24 hours... remaining

Terrain ... so beautiful.

Must. Pledge. Now.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/48375726/resin-wargaming-scenery-and-terrain-ancient-ruins

These will be available for sale after the campaign right? I'm super interested (the walls I got from your first KS are tops) but I don't have the space for more just yet.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

At the risk of derailing this conversation, I got my copy of Foe Hunters yesterday and it looks good, I wish the layout of the manual was better, but the production values overall are pretty legit. I don't know when I'll have the chance to actually play it, of course, but it looks like it will be easy to teach and pick up, so I've got high hopes for it. I hope they're able to get some expansions rolling in short order because with only three foes to hunt, I'm not sure how well it will hold up to replaying at first.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

lifg posted:

See Eberron. Starts with two pages of tone and overview, then it's straight to classes and races, with bits of myth and history sprinkled in. By the time the timeline shows up you are deeply curious and quite invested.

And when they give you timeline stuff, by and large it's there because the consequences of those events are something you can interact with. gently caress I love Eberron.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

There's a big Great War influence throughout parts of Warmachine/Iron Kingdoms, to which this bears a strikingly similar visual aesthetic.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s my friend! He’s such a gifted storyteller, he ran a LARP called “Jeff Goldblum is Concerned About Your Academic Progress, and so you Must Tend to his Menagerie of Gentle Mutant Abominations”. :allears:

Yes, absolutely support him!

I need to know everything about this.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's raw nostalgia from my youth but I don't know if I'll be able to resist getting this new version. I don't even remember if the gameplay is actually good, but do I remember loving loving it when I was 12 or 13.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Everything I know about Heroquest came from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

He's right, that gargoyle was loving incredible.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

LashLightning posted:

And her new partner. Turns out the wife is also into boardgames and the goon was murdered for entirely unrelated reasons.

That's 2020 for you.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

poo poo, the 501st got called in to be the Stormtroopers in the season 1 finale of the Mandalorian because Disney didn't have enough costumes on hand.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I've only played a few games of Canvas but my wife and I really enjoyed it so the expansion was an auto-backing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Polygon had a writeup about that setting Kickstarter a few weeks ago and every single thing I read screamed Eberron but not as good.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

I think Alton Brown did a lot to popularize electric kettles in the states. I'm very happy with mine. If you drink essentially any amount of tea regularly, they are worth the price of admission.

That's where I first learned about them. I couldn't function without mine, especially now that I've switched from coffee to tea.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

EverettLO posted:

So here's a question: are USPS tracking updates total bullshit?

Yes. USPS tracking works on a massive delay and was never a great indicator of when things were going to arrive even before the Postmaster General decided to actively sabotage the service from the top down.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo.

I had that.

That was a nostalgia wave. Thanks.

loving hell, same here.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

bagrada posted:

Did you get a shipped/tracking email, or did it just show up? They said they were missed at first but they'd talk to the people to get them sent for the next batch.

I got my Mira Noctis boxes last week out of the blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

They should link up with professional wrestling and recreational drugs so MCMG can play MCDM on MDMA.