Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Fangz posted:

I don't really get what's supposed to be bad about two-city provinces.

Fewer building slots to boost each other with. With a three town province you can have: wealth buildings+defense in everything, then a town with +growth, a town with +public order and the main settlement with whatever you want (adjust as needed for special buildings). In two province, you often have to give up either growth or public order boosts or something. Not a huge deal, but it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Fangz posted:

I think that's an odd comparison though. You're comparing owning two cities to three, basically. It seems a more valid comparison to me is to note that four cities divided into 2 city provinces is strictly better in a bunch of ways than 1 big four city province. Firstly you get one set of walls for free so you don't have to build as many garrisons. It's also easier to unify because it's less likely that you have a province divided amongst multiple owners. You get use of the factionwide trade income +5% +20 growth commandment per province, so you earn that bonus twice. You have double the number of provincial capitals for you to build high tier buildings in, should you choose.

Yeah, you have a good point there. The only time I'd definitely rather have a 4-province is for recruitment. If you need 6 different buildings to unlock everything, it's nice to get that all in one place so that you can also stack +Rank heroes and stuff

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

peer posted:

I'm happy to see radious' "new units" are as low-effort as ever. Black orcs with halberds! Black orcs with bows! Black orc cavalry! Black orcs with two hand weapons! Black orcs with shields!

I forget, was Radious the one obsessed with adding a dozen different Immortals variants? Because that's what just happened here.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Triskelli posted:

I like Crossbows from a fluffy perspective (these guys are rugged survivalists that carry great-axes, shields, throwing axes, hand axes, and crossbows) but I agree that throwing axes are the most unique thing about them.

Another thing that's missing is that Ironbreakers can replace their shields with a brace of "drakefire" pistols. Admittedly pistols were garbage on the tabletop and they're garbage in TW:WH so far, but I hope something's done to make them more effective in future.

For Ironbreakers, there's the issue of when would you ever rather have pistols (no matter how buffed) instead of blasting charges? They don't need more short range anti-charge damage. But I do agree that pistols need buffing, Pistoliers are absolute garbage

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Triskelli posted:

The hilarious thing is that the brace of pistols doesn't/wouldn't replace the blasting charges, but the Ironbreaker's shield. I don't even know how you would deal with that much fire coming downrange.

Honestly though my solution to how wimpy pistols feel so far in the game would be to up the inaccuracy and the damage (because I don't know if damage falloff is modeled). Pistoleers might be worthwhile as an intense micro unit if you had to turn off Skirmish and get them close enough to jam their pistols up the opponent's nose for appreciable armor-piercing damage.

I know that it's not at all how they are on the tabletop, but I would love to see more historical pistoleers. Heavily armored shock cavalry that charges in, shoots, then charges out again to repeat. Super high charge bonus, but very low melee stats or something like that.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Fangz posted:

You can click on any enemy unit or agent in the strategy layer and it overlays a red area showing their movement range. I'm not sure if this includes stances, it might just be normal movement.

It actually does include stances, which makes it nearly useless. If they're in Encamp or Raid stance, their move bubble is drastically reduced even though they can swap out of that stance on their turn and march-murder you. I've tried exactly what you're describing and it doesn't always help

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Panfilo posted:

I'm bummed there isn't a faction with some kind of 'Home guard' upgrade which increases the radius that the garrison will contribute to the battles nearby. This would be hugely helpful when you have areas with multiple settlements near each other since you could take advantage of their upkeep-free forces.

It would be really cool to have an alternate path to the Defense buildings that instead of providing a big garrison to one town, provided a few extra units to any battle fought in that province. Whether as reinforcements or just adding to the parent stack. I think it would be a cool way to create the feel of a heavily reinforced area.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Deified Data posted:

So can tribes you've subjugated as chaos just decide to stop being your vassal? I have awakened Skaeling and Varg as my vassals up here but given their belligerent past I'm not sure if I trust them to behave.

Did you awaken them, then declare war and actually vassalize them? If so, I don't think they can break away or start problems. If not, they will go to war with each other and be a huge pain in the rear end and you should really just vassalize them

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

FutonForensic posted:

Haven't played MP. Is it like SP custom battles where your lord has all the end-game spells? Would forcing players to spend points to access higher-tier abilities (at the cost of additional units and upgrades) alleviate some of the imbalance?

I want this to happen just so that we can actually do different builds for characters. I want to try out leadership vs combat Franz or Vampire vs Death lore Mannfred or whatever, see which works best, or tweak the build around.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

beejay posted:

What is the veterancy bug?

Lords in the same army as a hero with Training gain unit-xp, which Lords normally can't get. So you could get a 3 gold chevron Kholek or whoever for example, which adds the normal rank bonuses on top of Lord skills

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Can someone explain to me what brilliant decision made skaelings and those other shitbirds not suffer attrition on undead lands?

Raiding Stance makes you immune to attrition. Skaelings and such do suffer vampiric attrition, but they're almost never not raiding/encamped so it doesn't really hurt them

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

In my current Empire game on VH, Kislev is sticking around being my Russian Bros in the North. Archaon's finally arrived (He showed up around turn 105, it's 108 now), but Kislev has been holding onto the North with an iron grip, driving away multiple chaos stacks every few turns, and actually triggering the "Faction Defeated: Warriors of Chaos" alert at least once before Archaon showed up. Now they're being flooded by Sigvald, Bigbird and Archaon so I'm not sure if they will continue to hold or not. I'm busy keeping the loving Top Knots from destroying civilization from the south and the loving Skaelings from burning everything west of Kislev to offer them much help for the forseeable future, so good luck you crazy Polrussian Bastards :poland: :ussr:

As a side note, the Good Magic Mod makes a Gelt start SO MUCH more satisfying. He doesn't feel OP or anything, but having spells that actually matter and enough ways to boost the magic reserve that you aren't running dry after 3 spells makes him fun to use. Overcasting his armor buff and transmutation of lead at the same time can turn a close fight into a victory, and casting Plague of Rust on the enemy lord or monster before focusing fire on them tears things to shreds. It's a tossup between whether he or Franz is more useful right now (Gelt's in the north fighting Skaelings and a bunch of rebel stacks, Franz is in the south fighting Orcs). Also, it's bullshit that Top Knots don't count as greenskins for the Ghal Maraz quest because they're SAVAGE orcs, not Greenskin Tribes

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

unwantedplatypus posted:

This makes me want to do a gimmick campaign. Only allowed to recruit heroes, no troops. Garrisons are fair game.

Maybe restrict it only to single model units, get some steam tanks for the party :getin:

You'd definitely need to mod the hero requirements. Empire can't realistically field heroes for dozens of turns, barring maybe a captain or two? But if you mod in so that any province capital can train all heroes in whatever number then it becomes more interesting.

Dammit now I want to do this too

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Gejnor posted:

No, since he has different values for his items, all of them really OP in my opinion.

If he were to make a "spells only" mod then yes.

If you want powerful spells and this mod i recommend Sinj's Spells:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=702578633&searchtext=sinj

And no, i haven't touched the quests themselves, just the items.

Honestly, my favorite part of Molay's magic is the changes he makes to the Power Reserve mechanic (and making direct damage not suck, but several mods do that). Every second rank gives bonus power reserve, and so do items and loremaster. Since the bottleneck remains in place for reserve->power, it really just gives mages a much needed boost to staying power. In the core game, after a mage casts 2-3 spells they're pretty much out for the rest of the fight. I would agree that his legendary items and ward changes are OP, but I prefer his approach to making them give campaign-level bonuses rather than your in-combat boosts. So.... basically I'm not super satisfied with any combination of mods here because I'm a picky finicky bastard and will probably make my own mod to reach my perfect compromise point because I'm insane.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

It just occurred to me that I've never had the AI go through with a siege battle with worse than three to one odds.
Someone should tell CA that sometimes armies fight to weaken other armies.

I've defended in a siege battle where I outnumbered the enemy. Sometimes even dramatically, like a 90% autoresolve bar. This isn't rebels or sole-survivor stacks either, which are forced to attack. I had a band of Savage Orcs attack a town with level 2 defenses and a full stack (albeit of lovely troops) where the autoresolve bar barely had any red in it. :shrug: No idea why that happens, yet superior enemies will spend 10 turns building siege towers sometimes while my reinforcements cross the entire world

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

ZearothK posted:

Anyone here has given this Southern Realms mod a shot?

This looks really cool, but I am amused that Pavise Crossbowmen do not look like they are carrying actual pavises. I realize this is a mod tools limitation, but still it is funny

Kaza42 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 22, 2016

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

NT Plus posted:

This is kinda delving into lore fluff but isn't Grimgor supposedly bar none the most skilled fighter in Warhammer Fantasy?

Most skilled? Probably not, but he's pretty high up there. Someone like Tyrion probably has him beat on raw skill alone, but Grimgor has strength and toughness to make up any difference there. The list of people who could plausibly challenge him in a fight is extremely short

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah I noticed the same thing in my orc campaign. I beat Arch and he kept showing up a few times until finally they disappeared. I'm not sure if it is a set number of waves, or if you need to eliminate every chaos stack before Arch heals and takes over for a generic lord.

Bit of both, from what I can tell. If, at any time after Archaon's rampage begins, the Warriors of Chaos have no hordes remaining they will be defeated and no more will spawn. However, if any hordes remain then they will continue to spawn in waves depending on your difficulty level. My source is this mod, which adjusts how many waves come.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

President Ark posted:

realtalk, if they do ogre kingdoms right this is how they'll work - a mercenary-oriented horde army

You'd probably need some way to temporarily join wars. If I'm a mercenary company and the Empire hires me to go wreck Sylvania for a while, that could go a few ways depending on implementation

1)Empire gives me X money. I go to war with the Vampire Counts until I complete objective Y after which we peace
2)Empire gives me X money. I go to war with the Vampire Counts until I complete objective Y after which I am able to negotiate peace as normal, but do not automatically get peace
3)Empire gives me X money, I give them Y armies to control until Z condition is met. I control the armies in combat, but they are otherwise treated as Empire armies

Or some other way of doing it. With the system right now, 3 would require a significant game-level change, while 1 and 2 are just diplomatic option modifiers, like how you can only confederate every few turns

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

dylguy90 posted:

I'd want them to do a Gotrek and Felix campaign, so I can just wade through units with the two of them while their companion wizards/vampires just cast death spells everywhere.

There's a mod to add Gotrek and Felix to Empire or Dwarfs, although it's not super polished atm. Should still work, although I haven't tested it. Same guy made a mod to add Krell to Kemmler's starting lineup

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Das_Ubermike posted:

Didn't someone in this thread mention that there's a mod out there that removes the AI's ability to march? Anyone know the name. I'm loving sick of playing whack-a-mole with enemy armies because the AI will literally do that poo poo all loving day.
I use this one
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=695703823

Disabled force march, but gives a movement boost in friendly territory

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Remember a few pages back how a few people were talking about how it would be cool to be able to play an adventuring party? Just a Lord and heroes and nothing else in the campaign. Well, I went and made a mod (Just for Empire for now) that unlocks all heroes factionwide and sets the cap to 50 (also reduces the cost a little bit to make it more feasible). So go ahead and check it out here! I haven't tried it on a full campaign yet, so I don't know how viable it is long term, but it works early game pretty well

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

Man this would be great except that when you're fighting big-rear end gently caress off armies, your dudes start taking morale hits and also that all the other Empire factions are joining in on stacking heroes.

If it were possible to just make it player-only, this would be great. Franz and 19 of his best friends standing before the Chaos hordes and just swing away until the corruption stops. Man.

It's currently Empire only so if you're playing Empire, it's player only

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Bloodly posted:

He's saying the sub-factions, like the Elector Counts, are also doing it, somehow.

It's only attached to Altdorf to prevent this. I guess if you lost Altdorf then they could do so, but other than that the only change is that the maximum factionwide cap on agents (not the actual cap you get, just the highest it can go) has increased to 50. So if the AI is actually benefitting from this cap increase, it would be affecting all factions, not just Empire.

Does anyone know if the AI gets to break the normal hero limit from buildings? I thought I heard somewhere that they follow the same rules as players, but they just prioritize getting agents more

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Fangz posted:

That's my understanding also. Remember that each level 3 barracks increases your Empire Captain slot capacity, for example.

Unfortunately, Max Agent Caps are set on a global level for each type. Hopefully, AI factions building 10 Barracks3 or Wizard Towers are rare enough not to spoil the game. I can look at AI tables later, see if there's a way to make them heavily weight against recruiting more than 10 agents of a given type.

The other thing that might be causing the problem is that I made agents slightly cheaper, so that you can actually afford more than 2 or 3 in the early game. Maybe I can revert the price to normal and attach a price reduction effect to Altdorf, to make it player only in practice.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

This game should have a cleanup-option for when you're obviously winning the campaign by a large margin and you're 100 turns in or so.

It does! To access it, you press Esc and click on "Exit to main menu" then just play a different campaign, quest battle or custom battle! Alternatively, you can click "Exit to windows" and do something else. It lets you bypass the entire cleanup process if you don't find it interesting or fun

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Something that enables instant sieges whether it's a siege engine or not, please.

Is there a mod that just lets Varghulfs count as the battering rams that they are?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706842697

It has a minor AI bug in it at the moment, in that AI varghulfs will not run until they begin to actually charge

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Draynar posted:

Am i doing empire wrong? they're 4th race Ive done and I basically took over most of the west except Brettonia or whatever they're called and it just seems like they by far made the least amount of income per towns then others and Can't really figure out how to build their armies after leaving the swordsman/xbowman phase. Help!

Here's my Empire Tips

1) Get Marienburg. Sounds like you already did this, but if not get them. Good trade resources, and a unique dock worth all the money.
2) Fancy Clothes. The Empire's generic income building is pretty good, every city and village should have one.
3)If you can spare the effort, conquer Bretonnia. They're weak and tend to lose to Estalia in the long run anyway, but they have a bunch of port towns which are worth a lot of money
4)Don't confederate too often. It makes you vulnerable, makes everyone hate you, tanks your public order and the army you take over almost always sucks and should be disbanded

For the military side of things, your lords have two fantastic red skills: Honest Steel and Pistolkorps. Honest Steel gives all of your 1-turn melee infantry a good boost that lets them punch way above their pay grade. Pistolkorps gives a damage bonus to all ranged infantry, which you should have.
In the mid game, your army composition is going to depend on which buildings you built. It's possible to get Reikland to produce everything, but that will delay getting all the major army buildings. Here's my rundown of what I consider Mid-Game available units

Handgunners: These guys are amazing, although their direct fire is limiting somewhat. Form a checkerboard formation and they will devastate just about anything. They are almost always better than Crossbows, except against savage orcs and marauder horsemen.
Halberdiers: Especially once you get Honest Steel 3, Halberdiers will be your workhorse all game. Well armored, good damage, armor piercing, anti large, charge defense, they got it. Weak to missiles, but worth it nonetheless.
Spearmen: Don't bother. Get Halberds wherever you can afford them
Crossbows: If you're fighting low-tier orcs or norscans, these guys are good. Otherwise, get Handgunners.
Swordsmen: A solid unit, especially with honest steel. I tend to replace them with greatswords later on, but Swordsmen are still durable, shielded and good in a fight.
Greatswords: You may not have these by midgame, depending on what building order you're going with. A great offensive unit, they have good damage, good charge and good armor. They lose to missiles, but carve up most other things. Use these guys against infantry and halberds against cavalry/monsters
Outrider and Pistoliers: Almost always terrible. If you can micro them good and you aren't fighting norscans (who WILL catch you, they have stupid fast speed) outriders can be pretty good, but are still probably not worth it
Empire Knights: I'm not a huge fan, but I'm not a big cavalry guy. These are good heavy cavalry units though, so take them if you have the option and aren't terrible at cavalry micro.
Mortars: Fantastic against vampire counts, who tend to bring swarms of chaff even into the mid-late game. They're also good at siege defense, if you can se up your walls to clump up the enemy without risking hitting your own men
Cannons: Good on the field, especially in a checkerboard. I'm not sure how much better they really are than mortars, but it's so much fun to fire these in first person mode at point blank range, so I always take two

My Midgame Armies: General, 2 Cannons, 2 Mortars, 5 Handgunners, 6 Halberdiers, 4 Swordsmen/Greatswords

Later game units
Steam Tanks - The best artillery, bar none, full stop. Super well armored, capable of firing at long range for more dps than a cannon. Able to fight off swarms of enemies in melee. Even has a tiny turret steamgun to get that bit of extra damage in. I like at least 3.
Luminark - Pretty disappointing overall. Good single target damage, but way too low of a rate of fire. It can fire over infantry easily though, and has a nice aura. Worth taking one if you play defensively, but not a big deal
Demigryphs - God tier units, currently OP. Get the halberd version, either one will wreck infantry and these will also wreck everything else. It's hard to take too many of these
Reiksguard - Don't bother, get Demigryphs
Hellstorm Rockets - Some people swear by them, I've never had one do more damage to the enemy than my own army. Stick to steam tanks and cannons
Hellblaster - Not that great. It can get some good single target damage at close range, but handgunners will probably do better. Suffers from not being a steam tank.

My Lategame Armies: General, 3 Steam Tanks, Luminark, 2 Cannons, 4 Handgunners, 4 Halberdiers, 5 Demigryphs

Heroes:
Bright Wizard: Actually pretty good. It's got some good buffs, especially if you overcast for AoE. Fireball is its only good damage spell, but it's a doozy
Light Wizard: Probably your best wizard. Good singlet target starter spell, the Net spell can either shut down loving MARAUDER HORSEMEN or buy you an extra couple volleys by pinning down the entire center of the enemy army just before they close with your gun line
Celestial Wizard: Not impressed. Its buffs are okay, its damage sucks, its passive is the worst in the game. If you get one of these, train it as an agent, not a hero.
Captains: Are.. okay. Solid fighting stats, and they can get a pegasus by level 9 which isn't bad. They can also get Hold the Line, which is a nice buff if you time it right, especially for halberdiers
Warpriest: Start off as shittier Captains, end up as gods. Seriously, they get so many self-activated and aoe buffs that they can turn into slaughter fests with a few levels on them. Don't bother with the horse, leave them on foot.
Witch Hunter: Really good ranged units, especially at shorter range. If you actually look, they tend to kill 3-6 enemies per bullet, which is mad skills. Accusation is also one of the best hero/lord sniping abilities out there. They're also great agents, you will never have enough of these guys

Lords:
Generals of the Empire should go down the red path right away, especially Honest Steel and Pistolkorps. Divert to get the griffon when you can. Late game, they can give steam tanks and demigryphs ward saves, which is fantastic
Karl Franz should probably also go down the red path. He's gonna be super killy with Deathclaw anyway, so you'll probably get better mileage out of making your infantry not suck
Balthasar Gelt sucks for the most part (unless you get a magic mod, then he's great! I like Molay's but opinions are divided there). He's got a few good spells, and Final Transmutation is good at sniping lords who aren't near their armies (read: none of them). Transmutation of Lead and Plague of Rust are pretty good debuffs overall.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Sjonnar posted:

Final Transmutation doesn't spread its damage across all affected units, it spreads its damage across all models in each unit affected. It will do full damage to each unit in the AOE.

Really? I thought it worked that way at first, but could have sworn someone did a test that showed the other way around. If so, then FT is great.

rockopete posted:

Are halberdiers confirmed to benefit from honest steel? The tooltip only says 'swordsmen and spearmen' iirc.

Tooltip mentions Halberdiers for me

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Athropos posted:

Holy crap both the molays spells and artifact mod and the "where is Krell" mod makes picking Kemmler as your first LL pretty good!

I'm actually doing this campaign now too. Especially with how easy Manfred is to get, a kemmler start is pretty good

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Strigoi confirmed as in the game (This is during the Chaos Tomb Blade quest for Kemmler. I think vampire heroes aren't supposed to ride chaos horses)

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

I am having just the oddest game of Vampire Counts. I am being the heroes of civilization, allied to all surviving dwarfs and most of the humans (Estalia is a dick, and there's one Bretonnian faction I'm helping to fight). Kemmler is in the far north with my oldest allies, Kislev, sallying forth to fight off the Varg, Skaeling and Warriors of Chaos hordes from my safe haven in Hochland. Kislev is fighting valiantly, and with Kemmler able to run out and smack down any enemies that slip through before they can savage Kislev's economy we are holding strong. In the south, I have two stacks - headed by Mannfred himself - desperately racing to help my good friends the Dwarfs against the Greenskin beasts that have nearly driven them out of their holds. While the brave dwarfs control some of the other mountain ranges in the Empire, I will do everything in my power to keep them from losing their homeland. Even in the West, I help my allies. Bretonnia is powerful, but is beset from behind by traitors. While they keep the northern lands safe and patrol against uprising and raiders, I have an expedition guarding their lands. While Bordeleux has made headway, I hope to stop them at Moussilon before the heartland of Bretonnia falls.

Everywhere civilization and light faces chaos, destruction and death, the Vampire Counts are there to defend it. The shambling hordes of skeletons, the decaying beasts of sky and land, the very ghosts themselves will defend this world to their second dying breath!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Mans posted:

The presentation of the bird demon is really cool when you play as Chaos but it's jarring how it appears out of nowhere when you're not chaos.

The fact that you still maintain you know who is even weirder.

I don't know who you are talking about. Unless it's Voldemort

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Mans posted:

bird chaos demon thing is the old man advisor after his crow eats his eyes

Actually, I just rewatched the video. It's the bird that turns into the Lord of Change. Although I guess it would still be odd since the advisor still has his pet bird

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

I'm surprised that empire shield units don't get a shieldwall sort of stance that makes them slow but gives them like 80% missile resist. I was pretty shocked when my unit of swordsmen armed with kite shields almost got routed charging a unit of yeomen archers one-on-one

They've commented on this a few times before. Basically, they wanted to move away from activated abilities on regular units. With a handful of exceptions like the Black Coach, I'm pretty sure nobody has abilities anymore.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Anyone have any tips for Uruks? You start in the middle of Mordor and I'm never sure if I should focus on Gorgoroth or rush Nurn for the ports. Is it worth it to siege down Minas Ithil in the early game? I keep getting hit by rangers whenever I try

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Bloodly posted:

The answer depends on who you're starting with. Witch-King is easy(Between the man himself, his starting Nazgul and his SPECIAL UNIQUE Lore of Ice, you've got more than enough power), Mouth of Sauron is hard because Lore of Melkor lacks the damage you need(Orc troops are immune to most of Lore of Melkor's morale screwing-it's lore appropriate but also frustrating). Gothmog 2's OK.(Yes, they call him that in the files. Makes you wonder.)

I'm playing Gothmog actually, and I think I have a graphical bug or something. Sometimes he renders as an Uruk, sometimes a troll, and this one time he looked like a Nazgul. No idea what he's supposed to be. It's almost as bad as how Legolas's hair never renders for me

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Danann posted:

Is there anything you can do to deal with Gondor's bullshit ghost army stacks? My vassals are useless and simply hand end up giving Gondor free boats.

They actually disband after your first battle with them. Throw some weak rear end corsairs at them or something, and Gondor will be stuck with levies in their outlying fiefs, and that's assuming they confederated in time.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

rockopete posted:

Tier 5 shock cavalry, wherever Tier 5 is exactly.

It means they require a tier 5 building (the ones that require a full-size city, which is level 5, to make) in order to recruit. In this case, the upgraded vampire building and, assumably although I didn't notice it explicitly, an upgraded armory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Ideally, Metal's damage spells would fit the Armor Piercing role. Lower damage base, but entirely AP. While you would use other lores to tear apart chaff or artillery crews, Metal is best used targeting elite high armor units. This is the role they have on the tabletop, ignoring armor saves and being more effective against high armor values

• Locked thread