Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I think it took me around 30 minutes to save scum everything from all of the amiibos, it's annoying. The weapons are a 10% drop chance according to a Zelda wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cartoon Man posted:

Scan the amiibo and if you don’t get the drop you want, reload a save and scan it again. You can get a full set in three days.

You can change the clock on your Switch and get them all in a single sitting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The only real Soulsborne "puzzles" I can think of are really weird random thing that tend to be optional and figuring out NPC questlines because those are so easy to mess up. Nothing really of the "push block" in right order/path to open door.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

And not everyone who wants to play Tears wants to be in the grand world of nihilism that ER is in.

They never said players want the tone of Elden Ring, they just want the amount of variety it has which was BOTW's biggest issue. ER still has that issue, especially during the back half.

Mustached Demon posted:

If anyone's even remotely interested in a soulsborne game, ER is probably the most forgiving experience.

I found to be Sekiro more forgiving, and the difficulty also ramps up to the typical Soulsborne degree where you'll get a wall but the wall will be passable. ER has metric fuckton of areas, enemies and bosses that will be literally impossible depending on your build and level; and that poo poo sucks. This lead me to tons and tons of frustrations, the difficulty is all over the place in ER. However, it is the easiest game to break over your knee with minmaxed builds and magic that will remove all difficulty at times. It's wild, but I don't think it's the most refined experience.

I haven't played Demon's/Dark Souls but everyone says Bloodborne is easier than them but Father Gascoine is probably one of the hardest first bosses in the series. It's also the best game on the planet and everyone should play it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

External Organs posted:

What games actually do "big cities" well? I can't really think of any off the top of my head.*

Arkham Knight, the Spider-Man games, Elden Ring.

dpkg chopra posted:

Double post, but Immortals Fenyx Rising is Breath of the Wild if it was made by Ubisoft.

Make of that what you will.

I'll co-sign this, I've been playing it on PC and it's 100% BOTW. However, that said, it's actually pretty solid and quite fun. I enjoy the humor in it too. I love colorful Greek setting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MokBa posted:

Sable is quite a lot janky but it’s gorgeous and a great experience. I ended up 100%ing it because it was just a blast to move through that world. If you’re a fan of the exploration in BotW, and also of Moebius comics, it’s a must play.

This has been on my Steam Wishlist for so long, I think I'm going to dive in thanks to the recommendations in the thread but hearing that it's scratches that BOTW exploration itch really piqued my interested, I didn't even know it was open world.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For real though, NES ROM->Doom Mod->VR Doom Conversion is not a path I expected to see anyone take

PC gaming will go in strange directions, and I'm not surprised they did this through Doom because... well, everyone's messing with Doom. It's crazy how far people have gone with that game.

That said, a lot of people have added various Zelda locales to the Steam VR Home environment, or whatever the hell it's called and that was amazing. There's no NPCs/enemies or anything to do, but you can walk through Kokiri Forest and Clocktown. It's usually the 3DS versions so it looks better, but it makes my inner child geek the hell out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Tbf it was heavily advertised as being an actual prequel, the alt timeline reveal was one hell of a bait and switch and I genuinely wish they hadn’t done that. I wanted to see the Champions die, dammit!

You swear Nintendo is going to have the balls to release a game story that's "everyone dies and you lose in the end."

They only do that for Mario Party.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

No one exists in LA in the first place, technically. :colbert:

Link wins, though he's probably dead being adrift at sea I guess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You're probably right, I haven't played the Oracle games in 20 years. So Link stays winning if that's the case.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SlothfulCobra posted:

They also do it for Metroid.

Which Metroid?

Motto posted:

BotW's backstory isn't that complex, you see everything that's be relevant to a musou beyond more random monster attacks in BotW itself, so a prequel played straight would've been very boring.

AoC's story wasn't anything better. A prequel played straight is what everyone expected when they heard "BOTW prequel." BOTW's story is already dull enough as it is, some backstory would have fleshed out the world and could have made it interesting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Judge Tesla posted:

the villains only wanted Zelda's body

Can't blame them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Asterite34 posted:

...you're aware that Spirit Tracks uses the chibi Wind Waker artstyle for, like, little kid Princess Zelda, right?

Definitely wasn't paying attention, so mea culpa on that. I really should try not to be shitfaced off keef while posting.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Or The Black Cauldron.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think they are distributing anything owned by Nintendo, so it might not.

It can't be unless they stole some of the code and they probably didn't.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Bring back transforming masks

Imagine rolling around causing loving chaos as a Goron in BOTW's overworld.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How is this game out in three months and there's been nothing but radio silence for what seems like an eternity?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Silver Falcon posted:

Is this what it's like for people who play Zelda who didn't start with OoT?

I went from LOZ > LA > OoT. I was born in the late 80s so when I started playing video games, there were only 2 Zelda games.

Silver Falcon posted:

Cuz I took a run through the Metroid games a few years ago in release order, having never played them before- starting with Super, and I found Super to be the weakest of the 2D Metroids. Still a super good game, mind, but every other 2D Metroid released after it improved upon it.

Are you putting Metroid 1 above Super?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I’m pretty sure that’s the Dragon Boss from Zelda 1

Gleeok, and hell yeah, chop off the heads and have them flying around and whatnot.

This last trailer was awesome, god drat. I'm definitely snagging a collector's edition.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, that little box the collectors edition is just pins? Oh....

Well, didn't know what I was expecting but that's pretty weak.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Maroon Hawk posted:

the first games in the franchise that actually centered around her,

Zelda's Adventure would like to have a word.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

no it would not have been lmao

i have no idea why everyone really wants the ability to be yelled at by 13-year olds online

the stickers communication system in triforce heroes is literally the perfect amount of interaction i want to have with strangers online. if you're playing with friends just get on a call

Do a lot of people play coop games with strangers? The only time that's acceptable is in an arcade on House of the Dead.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hope they ditched the shrines to give us a nice chunk of proper mini dungeons that have their own varied themes. The Sheikah Tech look got really stale. Give me awesome locales to explore underground that live up to all of the stuff I saw in the overworld.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

ok, but why are you acting like exploring a weird spiral formation full of enemies and reaching its centre, or stumbling on a whole deserted island, is somehow made not exciting by there being a shrine at the end of it?

Because the shrine ends up deflating the experience. When you do a whole lot of exploration and the light at the end of the tunnel is Shrine that you don't enjoy doing, exploration loses its luster.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm so glad Nintendo put a bunch of cool stuff behind amiibos, let me tell you.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I remember playing botw a week before release because it was already sitting on Nintendo's servers and in those days you just pirated directly from Nintendo

I did the same with Skyward Sword but that was a mom and pop shop leak. By the time my copy of the game came in I finished it. lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao what. they were really cooking with that wiiu huh

It was the same with the Wii and 3DS, things only changed when the Switch came around and even then...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I think this would be too difficult to pull off effectively, but a true open world with this mechanic, where there's a whole new layer of the world to explore while you're tiny, would be incredible. It's a lot of fun in Minish, but it's such a curated experience (you're not exploring the same world tiny, you're exploring a new world designed around your tininess).

Also, I want an anthill dungeon. Make it happen, nintendo.

Imagine BOTW and midway through the game you get a Minish ability and the overworld is detailed to that scale. Zelda Forever.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's a Twilight Princess co-op mod: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpGhdHKk-o

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Maroon Hawk posted:

There’s definitely some underground poo poo going on that’s flown under the radar (heh) with all the focus on the sky islands

I mean, wasn't the first reveal basically all underground?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tunic recently added a toggle to turn down the difficulty and god bless because the game is so much better without having to do the whole "git gud" bullshit games constantly do now because Dark Souls made it a thing.

Also, go into Tunic completely blind and don't look things up. All of the fun in the game is figuring out the mechanics and piecing stuff together. It's a giant puzzle title.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BOTW's soundtrack is amazing when you're playing the game. It's the perfect mood for a large, bright and happy open world title.

That said, I never care to listen to it outside of the game because it's too sparse but maybe it would be great if you run a spa or something.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shiroc posted:

TotK should build on Kass and the Splatoon concept of all music being played live in universe and have bands everywhere. Every town with the city band. Every dungeon with a spooky skeleton band. Ganon's minions dooting horns during the final battle.

This legit is one of the dopest video game ideas I've ever heard and I'd loving love this.

Khanstant posted:

Then it's been too long since I've replayed because I thought I remember a few areas having awkward cameras just like OoT did in some places. In my head there's a rupee or kid hidden behind or top of a building and it's only "hidden" because the camera doesn't point that way.

Does MM have a PC port coming?

Majora's Mask seldom uses a fixed camera, and there's only two locations I can think of and one is in Clocktown: Behind the Curiosity Shop when you first enter the hallways are all on fixed cameras. The only other time I can think of a fixed camera is when you're controlling Link and Kafei trying to get the Sun Mask.

I guess you could count the Swamp boat ride and the Wagon Ride from Romani Ranch, but those are in first person so.

There's a Majora's Mask decomp in the works, maybe by the same people as the OoT decomp, but there's no release.

sigher fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

just put a bomb on your sword
or a bomb on your shield
or both

Bomb on Arrows is back baby!

The fuse ability is going to be so much fun to gently caress with. This game literally is Nuts and Bolts and it seems like everything gets bolted together with ectoplasmic nut anyway. lmao