Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Where is she in the Greater Nintendo Timeline?

Skyward Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Scratch-O posted:

This has probably been asked a lot, but: how does the Wii U version stack up to the Switch one? I keep hearing conflicting reports about framerate and stuff. I'd prefer to spend $60 for the game rather than ~400 for the console and the Switch version.

Framerate got a bit better with the recent patch. Wii U version is good enough for most people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw&t=288s

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mezzanine posted:

That's Ganon's Horse. I only have a Japanese WiiU to play on, so I named it Kokuouh-go (http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Kokuo)

Sup, here's my Raoh cosplay.

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/844487831150120962

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Holy hell how did Nintendo gently caress up horse controls so bad? It's impossible to control one, and I'm using Epona too.

Are you bonded to the max? That's sort of important if you intend to control the horse.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Drewjitsu posted:

It was probably the FPS boosting patch (if you're on the switch).

FPS patch already happened. This is another one that just came out today.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Does anyone know what happened here?

https://twitter.com/wagon_Tzelda/status/856566716150587392

Assuming this isn't tampered footage or anything Link had the Master Sword and then it...got the gently caress outta there?

Game logic gently caress up because you're not supposed to drop the Master Sword when you're electrocuted.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Wow.

I don't mean to bitch constantly about the game but between this and the horse summoning limitation that doesn't even make sense, it seems like the developers really went out of their way to be obnoxious about a bunch of small QoL things.

Wasn't a problem for me and the DLC gives the perma-shine when you do the trial for it. So it'll be even less of a problem? :shrug:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jose posted:

what does guardian resistance mean because a direct hit wearing the legs still wipes out almost all of my hearts

You have to complete the set for the benefit to take effect.

Edit: I'm a forgetful idiot.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 7, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

a.lo posted:

I don't even have guardian armor except for the leggings and that is not even true.

Yeah you're right, I'm thinking of the Fairy upgrade stuff.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ProjektorBoy posted:

Durian supremacy. Faron is a goldmine.

There's a tower in Faron right next to a mini-plauteau filled with durian fruit and trees and it's only guarded by 2 Lizalfos. It's a nice farming spot.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calling it now. It's literally Pokemon Go but with Koroks.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there a good writeup about BotW's dev process? This game is amazing and I want to know how exactly they did it - did they get new blood who had actually played recent open world games, or what?

Nothing too in-depth, but Nintendo put out a few videos about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3CsGbtifZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLMGrmf4xaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jGWna4-Ns

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Dimo ArKacho posted:

One of the loading screen hints mentions a'vendor at the far reaches of the continent that trades in heart and stamina vessels.' Is that actually a vendor for hearts and such, just a statue like all the rest, or the respec one? I would just Google it, but I'd rather get hints about it as opposed to straight up what it is.

Respec statue.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

Someone earlier said its name in Japanese translates to something like "World's End", I think.

And that actually makes more sense because Hateno is described as one of the places untouched by Calamity Ganon's corruption.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BioTech posted:

So I used an Amibo and got Epona.......on the Great Plateau.
There is no way off for a horse, is there?

Nope!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

jivjov posted:

Anyone know where the "ruins where sinners were imprisoned" where one of the Tingle pieces is hidden is?

Hyrule Castle's prison? Or the coliseum?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

This is crazy. Why did he keep whistling? What does that do if he doesn't have access to a horse? Also how does he spin around like a tornado when he has the big sword?

Infinite sprint running.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

You loving idiots, it was 1889.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Momomo posted:

How do you even make a campfire? I put the wood and flint down, but hitting it with a metal weapon just breaks the flint.

How close is the flint? It's sorta picky about distance.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

WHAT

I love that I'm still learning stuff about this game

That’s more or less the unofficial subtitle of BOTW since it came out. :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Yeah, that’s the one.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Any reason not to do gerudo land and the beast asap for the flight assist?

Flight assist? Urbosa's power is a AOE thunder attack. You want the Rito one.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

For Dark Armor, where the hell is the one for "the highest of three waterfalls north of Lake Floria" supposed to be? I'm at what I think is the tallest one with a Lynel nearby. I don't see a chest in the water pool up here.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

It's immediately south of one of the lakes, at the base of the waterfall.

Sonuvabitch.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

What makes a horse good oruseful anyway, I've never bothered to learn their stats because I ran and climbed everywhere

Strength: Not 100% on this but supposedly tied to mounted combat.
Speed: Obvious.
Stamina: How many times you can use the full gallop with the A button.
Temperament: Determines the horses attitude, doesn't mean much once you max out bond.
Bond: Are you best friends with the horse? Full temperament will allow you full control of the horse, otherwise it will veer off in different directions.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ProjektorBoy posted:

So maybe it's just the increased activity I'm doing in-game from the DLC but does anyone feel like Blood Moons are happening more frequently? I'd typically see a blood moon perhaps once every other session, but as soon as I started hitting all the new DLC I'm getting it twice per session on my Wii U. And by "session" I'm talking 2-3 hours of playing.

Have you quit the game entirely in between these sessions? The frequent blood moons was evidence of a memory leak.