Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

This game looks very pretty and fun. I'm not excited about deteriorating items and collectible stuff (like having to eat to replenish health, etc), but I like other games that have that stuff, so I'll definitely be giving this one a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I like Zelda timeline discussion. It's fun! Other people don't, so I try not to bring it up that often. Kind of like how I wish people would do that with poo poo like the logistics of dual-wielding in the GoT threads. Anyway, how much of this game are they showing off at E3? We've already got main plot spoilers? Jeez.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Aonuma quote from the EDGE interview:

...thief...

I wonder if anything will come from this, since they are also telling him to make more Zelda.

Sequel to LA from the timeline where Link stole from the store.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Since I heard about the Wolf Link amiibo interaction for BotW, I decided to finally play through TPHD (didn't get around to it previously; I was probably distracted playing Hyrule Warriors or something). Man, I forgot how great this game was. Yeah, the beginning drags a bit, and it has some other flaws (linearity, lack of item usage outside of the dungeons, etc), but it's got such a great atmosphere, and one of the best companion characters in any of the Zelda games.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Rexroom posted:

Midna is featured in an amiibo. Fi is not. QED.

Actually, she's featured in the Link amiibo.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

This game just keeps looking better and better.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Skyward Sword is the only Zelda game I've never finished so I decided to beat it before BotW comes out. Getting to the first Ghirahim encounter, I had no problems with the controls but man that fight is frustrating. Even after watching a youtube of the fight it still took me 5 to 6 minutes to beat the first phase. But aside from that the rest is wonderful and probably a good indication of what BotW will be like with the upgrade system and cooking system.

If it helps, the wiimote registers the swing from where it starts, NOT where it is in relation to your body. When swinging to your right, don't wind up (left then right), just swing right, no matter where the wiimote is at the moment.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Divine beasts in 4 directions, eh?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Do not try to bend the shroom — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no shroom.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

African AIDS cum posted:

I got to final Ganon form but I can't deflect shots with the shield at all, it destroyed all my shields in short order and now i can't seem to do any damage to him.

And I've only beaten 2 divine beasts. If I come back later will I have to fight all the Ganon forms again? I didnt mean to fight him already but what the hell.

Is one of the beasts you beat the camel? Cause the power you get from it trivializes that stage of Ganon.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Man, gently caress the camel. That whole level was annoying.

The camel one was the first one I did and it set an unrealistic expectation for the difficulty (puzzles and boss) and complexity of the other ones. It was also the only one I did before getting the hylian shield and master sword (and this I had more hearts too), so that was possibly part of it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

If you talk to one of them he wonders why they let him in.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

McDragon posted:

Gorons really are the best. Yunobo sounds nothing like I expected Gorons to talk like, but it really fits him. Daruk is basically my default Goron voice but it would seem weird coming from Yunobo.

My favorite bit with him was his absolute elation after you finish the divine beast. Its such a perfect moment.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jack B Nimble posted:

• I did think it was kind of silly at the end that When it teleported me to Hyrule field it grabbed the horse I happened to have out...a rando equine name Blue I had been riding for all of ~3 in game days. Not "Dekku Nutt", the cute brown horsey I'd ridden for dozens of real life hours, not "Liberty" that I saved from life as a goblin-steed, or even "Royale", the pure-white horse I'd laboriously tamed as a welcome-back gift for the Princess. Nopes, just a rando horse that wasn't even fully tamed and that threw me while dodging pig colossi lasers. It's ok Blue :smith: , I know it was scary (but Dekku Nut would have not have thrown me just sayin`).

For me, it spawned the gigantic horse that looks like Ganondorf's horse, who doesn't have any spurs for endurance, so I just jumped off. It must have gotten stepped on 30 times by its old master but kept on charging him while I ran around to hit the pressure points. :kiddo:

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Zore posted:

There are also a few shrines I'm pretty sure you'll never find without the radar that don't have a quest attached.

the one where you need to do sick midair bombing runs on the wall of a random chasm to open comes to mind

I realized that was how I was supposed to do that challenge, but instead I just landed on the ledge just under the bombable wall and threw it from there.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

That situation can't happen, I think. It will max you out at -4 hearts (assuming you don't have more than 5 stamina upgrades, in which case it will be maxed out before).

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The Crusher posted:

Seems like all the ghosts could have got together for a little celebration.

I thought they did, kind of. Did you get all the memories?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Wolves will attack Lynels. They get their asses beat, but still.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The spoiled image below is where all of the rare ore deposits are, and they should refresh after a few days. I only list it below to show you how abundant they are. Just take a picture of one and use the Sheikah Sensor, and you should not be hurting for gems ever again.

(taken from the object map; and the next spoiled image is where any ore deposit (other than luminous) is.

Seriously. They're hiding everywhere.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Also ones you have to stasis a big piece of metal and hit it out of the way.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

frodnonnag posted:

Most of the mini gift shrines are apples. Some are bananas, i think there is one that uses durians.

The best one is the hard boiled egg one.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Have you explored Hyrule Castle, found the memories, and done side quests (especially Tarry Town stuff)?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Bum the Sad posted:

Some one posted a map with just rate ore deposits. Which site did they use for that? I can't find one that'll search by just that.

https://mrcheeze.github.io/botw-object-map/

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Wank posted:

Rivali is a jerk. I didn't want to free him.

Yiga bowmen who show up while engaging guardian stalkers are the worst thing in the game.

Woah! Just found a full apple orchid above a garden full of herbs and carrots. Awesome.

I loved Revali, mostly because he is a jerk. It's good for Link to have a rival (get it? Revali is the rival? :downs: ) and I enjoyed his English voice acting. Also because his scene where he targets is great. Sill think Daruk's is better, though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah I wish there were fewer shrines, but more shrines like Trial of Power, and those gave a bigger/extra reward.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

One of the Springs (Power, I believe) is down there.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Just make a new profile. While you can make a new game, you won't be able to manually save without overwriting it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

June 30 is the first DLC. Hard mode seems to both increase enemy health (or decrease weapon damage) and intelligence, as there were Bokoblins flying on a raft with octoballoons. Also spotted a gold Lynel. :getin: Master Sword quest looks a bit like Eventide, but with multiple regions.

Second DLC deals with the Champions (and Champion Amiibos are coming out sometime) and will be released Holiday 2017.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Assuming they're available. Everywhere I look for the original BotW amiibos they're ridiculously expensive.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Does anyone know if the +guardian weapons boost applies to shield parries? Also, it's established that using guardian armor + high level guardian weapons is better than the barbarian stuff with other weapons (unless they're higher damage than your guardian weapons), but what about when you take into account the spin attack bonus?

well why not posted:

I want the story DLC to end with a horseback escape, but if you've ridden the LOTM he comes to your aid in a special cutscene, before vanishing back to Satori Mountain.

This, but Stalhorse.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Combat against Lynels is loads of fun (if repetitive) in my opinion, and the prospect of getting even better drops is nice.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

You'll die a lot at first, but save just before meeting a Lynel or Guardian Stalker (or just after, because it resets them), and practice parrying their strikes. You can repeat for other enemies, of course, but those are the ones that give people tons of trouble, and parrying doesn't use up durability of the shield.

For Lynels specifically, parry and then immediately shoot them in the face with an arrow (the sweet spot is on the lower left of their head from your perspective). This stuns them and you can hop on their back (go near and press A to mount) and use your most damaging weapon for 5 free hits that don't hurt durability at all. When you master fighting them (which is good to do to upgrade the armor you get from the mazes), you'll only use up durability on your bows (and each one of them has a new bow you can take) and use up arrows (and they typically have multiple arrows). Also, keep in mind that if you have the parrying timing down, every single attack (including fireballs and explosions) can be parried, which briefly stuns them.

For Guardians specifically, they typically try to stay at a distance away from you where you will want to hit the parry button just after (not on) the audio and visual signal that they are going to shoot. Doing this three times will kill them for their sweet loot.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I think diamonds are only used in upgrading one accessory (diamond circlet or tiara or whatever). You need a lot if you're gonna do that though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Haha I just discovered that if you use the Zora armor to swim up the waterfall coming off the Great Plateau it starts doing the major freezing water damage about halfway up. Would be an interesting way to die. Also I drowned in the tiny waterfall by the lost treasure from the "little twin" quest by running out of stamina at the top and then falling into it.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

If you're on the Switch, close the game and hit + or - for Options and then download update via internet.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spergatory posted:

Motherfucker. Mother FUCKER.

Master Mode Guardians delay their shots.

They start off with regular timing and when they get to low health, they switch to a delayed beam that shoots a second or so after the sound effect that would normally trigger a parry.

MOTHER FUCKERS

Oh poo poo, I thought I just goofed. Once it happened I immediately parried again for perfect parry though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

FireMrshlBill posted:

IF anyone in the US is looking for Champion Amiibo to go with their Zelda experience, pre-orders went up on Best Buy at 3:30pm on 7/6

Looks like Daruk and Revali aren't available yet.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Mine is Robbie, who's divorce papers will surely cite the oven he's trying to gently caress as cause for dissolution of marriage.

In a game where everyone is trying to gently caress link, Robbie's just trying to gently caress his oven

*guitar riff*

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Nah, that game is hella fun overall. It's just slow in parts and is kinda bland outside of Midna, Malon, and the Yetis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm pretty sure Rock Boy is the correct answer

Large Rock Son

Faithful residents of Tarry Town, I see.