Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Amppelix posted:

Now how cool would it be if the game had more than five minutes of screentime for her

I really wish the DLC could have been some postgame adventure of her and Link doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kaysette posted:

Make the next Zelda game actually feature Zelda and unleash the chud flood.

It would be pretty funny to see shitheads get worked up over a Legend of Zelda game staring Zelda.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked all the English voice acting in BOTW including Zelda. It wasn’t amazing but it was nice to see unique voices that aren’t in every other game.

https://twitter.com/zeldainformer/status/1093290744406716418?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gadzuko posted:

It's 25:46:36 which is... both insanely long and insanely short at the same time. The list of what you need for a 100% run is kinda :wtf:

That’s crazy. Do runners that go for this one do it in one sitting or are breaks allowed?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Amppelix posted:

The breaks are technically allowed in this case but at least the one guy who regularly runs this doesn't use them so it's just as well.

But yeah it is uncommon, usually the ruling for mega-long runs is that sure you can take a break but the timer isn't stopping for you.

I don’t understand how they can do this. Playing any game for 20+ hours straight would drive me mad, let alone also having to worry about perfect execution while I do so.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m so excited to see all the various characters in enemies in the new style for Link’s Awakening, including the first official 3D model of Wart/Mamu.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they add more weird little Easter eggs that can happen when Marin is following you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Equeen posted:

Kinda a weird question for you guys, but should I get the DLC after I beat the game? I love the game, and I want more content, but I just wondering if the DLC can played whenever or if it has any plot relevant endgame spoilers.

It takes place before the end of the game. I think the perfect time to play is after completing all 4 Divine Beasts but before completing the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gay Horney posted:

i hope the next Zelda is a little more moody like oot and majoras mask. those games were bleak and creepy. Is majoras mask the creepiest Zelda?

Definitely. TP has some more gritty parts as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bleck posted:

you can avoid yiga encounters almost entirely once you realize that nobody walking along trails ever stops and waves you down for any other reason than being a yiga clan person that wants to fight you, which in retrospect kind of sucks

After you beat the Yiga Clan hideout, they just spawn undisguised and attack you all over the map.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

I hung up all the special champion weapons. I know I could actually use them and the reforge them later...but it felt neat to have mementos in the house.

Same. The remaining spots were all the few amiibo exclusive weapons I got.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

nrook posted:

Is there anything fun to do when you're really rich? In Master Mode I'm just drowning in rare gems, but I can't think of anything interesting to do with a big pile of rupees.

Upgrade armor sets?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does shield durability go down when you successfully parry?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Runcible Cat posted:

Powersaves thing works great on my PC and claims to be Mac-compatible too. Doubt that includes iOS though.

Can confirm it works fine on Mac.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Steve2911 posted:

Just make the next game one massive dungeon, Grimrock style.

They kinda messed with that idea with Phantom Hourglass.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

Nintendo quietly added a new boost mode in Firmware 8.0 that lets games temporarily overclock the CPU from 1ghz to 1.75ghz, and the new VR patch uses it to boost through loading screens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SjeUa993Y&t=32s

:rice:

That’s pretty cool and I hope more games are updated to make use of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/retronnity/status/1595637943192154112?s=46&t=A5jMNHQT932Ns4x4TRcUDQ