Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

C-Euro posted:

I'm pretty sure I had a toy that looked just like that but without the hair/dreads, I think it was a bad guy Stretch Armstrong? Was really hoping someone made a bootleg just by sticking hair on one of those but alas.
He was called Vac-Man, as King Vidiot mentioned. According to Wikipedia he was full of ground-up corn cobs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj9ptYsjTg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aesop Poprock posted:

But you don't want that stupid crazy glasses pipe cat thing to happen

On the other hand, the Fiesta Cat plushie absolutely belongs here in the bootleg/knockoff thread. I couldn't find the infamous photo of Philovirus' house filled with 500 FC plush dolls which he never sent out but according to the SAclopedia entry the custom plush toy company he ordered them from still has a photo of on in their gallery:

http://www.customplushtoys.com/Inventor/gallery.php?category=28&tpages=3&page=2

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Years and years ago I found an Amusing Duck in a discount store and gave it to someone as a present. They'd never heard of it and thought it was a lovely gift and no doubt threw it away afterwards. What a goddamned waste. :(

If anyone desperately wants one they turn up on eBay every now and then.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

whiteyfats posted:

I kinda want an amusing duck now.

Crow Jane posted:

Amusing Duck is my goddamn holy grail.

I actually linked to an original Amusing Duck eBay auction in my earlier post but it doesn't have the box which is a HUGE part of its charm.

Lay egg isn't true. :(

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's a whole ton of bootleg/ripoff TMNT toys, possibly due to the fact that there's been hundreds and hundreds of official TMNT figures to inspire them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I spotted a few bootlegs in some discount stores today and took a few snaps. WANTON PLAY, SING HEARTILY! FLUCTUANT REVOLVING! SO WONDERFUL 100% AND THE BEST DESIGN NEW THING! SPINING COLORFUL!

My phone's camera sucks!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I didn't even realise those boxed Smurf toys are a train set until I uploaded the photos and noticed the train tracks.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I want this so bad

How bad? PM me.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean if you're able to get them count me in too

Sure, PM me. Dunno how we'll work out :10bux: though.

Choco1980 posted:

I love how on first glance, that Star Wars Monopoly almost looks legit, and the more you look at the box, the more wrong you find with it. Makes me really curious what the actual game looks like.

It was tiny as well, the box is about half the size of a genuine Monopoly game box.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It turns out that Warrior King Kong Shockwave is part of a gestalt set:

It looks like they don't actually transform but you can pull them apart and recombine them with Optimus to form bigger robots:

They also had King Kong Starscream and King Kong Sideswipe:

.... but no King Kong Warrior Optimus Prime. I guess they might be able to combine with each other? That's if they actually combine at all and the photos on the back of the box weren't faking the whole thing.

Choco1980 posted:

Next time you're in, like when you gotta buy Invictus' robot, try to snap a pic of the back of the box, will ya?

poo poo, I actually looked at the back but forgot to take a photo. It had pretty much all the Monopoly rules printed on the back.

Bonus fat-legged Spider-Man:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I bet it makes a godawful noise as well

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hulk, Raphael AND Grumpy Smurf on the same team? Well that's not going to end well.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

du -hast posted:

Can someone pls explain the concept of canadian water to me?

It's not US water
http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/canadian-makes-thousands-of-dollars-smuggling-water-into-the-u-s-1.3634556

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jihadists use Mickey Mouse to indoctrinate children.

They used to but then he died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiBwQ9fiho

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A governmental Consumer Affairs watchdog in Australia have released their annual list of banned Christmas toys which were deemed too unsafe to be made available to children. Pretty much most of them seem to be lovely Bootleg/Knockoff pieces of crap including "Future Star Loveable Duck", "Pokemon Go Car", "Sponge Bob Square Pants Car" and "Despicable Me 2 Rifle". They have a pdf file with photos of all the offending products which is pretty much a collection of toy mugshots. :v:

They rounded up all the haraam toys they found and executed them:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I was googling this out of curiosity and found a Lego Ideas submission which is almost exactly the same but with a few slight differences in the Pokemon figures, the plants in the pots outside the door, etc etc. I wonder which one came first and which one is ripping off the other one.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh poo poo, Lepin have the Ghostbusters firehouse for less than half the price of the official Lego set ....

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some Australian guy on Facebook reports that this is currently at his kid's school

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TVs Ian posted:

There were two where I used to live. One played Turkey in the Straw, which always made me think of the Animaniacs state capitol song.

Oh I wish it made me think of Animaniacs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB5AMQslyC0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMK45nYx4oc

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nuevo posted:

I'm puzzled as to why, after ripping off and mashing up everything else wholesale, they changed Shrek's head.

That's actually Fungus the Bogeyman's head. The cast list down the bottom of the poster actually worked on the animated Fungus the Bogeyman TV series so those are probably the only correct details on the entire poster.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Crazy Frog just will not die. We are never, ever going to be free from that horrendous noise.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EorayMel posted:

We're going back to the prohibition era, boys.

I think...

Oh you missed the best part: the gun comes with a selection of novelty butt plugs:

Dali Parton posted:

I keep thinking this a 007 reference but then the 7 might just be the handle. But then theres this weird math equation. But the dude is in the crosshairs?

I tracked down the original blog post where these photos come from and it turns out that this weird gun toy is most likely a pirated version of an official James Bond toy gun:

(Note the similarity between the bullets and the grenades in both toys.)

Oddly enough the 007 version didn't have the huge number 7 handle.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

m2pt5 posted:

That's uh... the Beverly Hills Cop theme.

It's a cover version of the Beverly Hills Cops theme by a small pantsless blue frog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTEKeUrEDjw

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember Crazy Frog being driven more by ringtone advertisements on Channel 4 than by the Internet.

Crazy Frog was the best selling ringtone of 2005 . Ringtone were a multi-billion dollar a year business in the late 00s and for some major labels represented over 40% of their online sales. Billboard started listing the ringtone top 40 and music award shows started giving awards for Best Ringtone. poo poo was crazy.
Apparently T-Pain's label at the time wasn't particularly interested in him but changed their minds after he sold 6.7 million ringtones.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

m2pt5 posted:

Well poo poo, that makes it a lot less entertaining.

There were two versions of Robert Cop, the second was definitely an art piece but the boxed version was apparently a legit Chinese bootleg.

Bootleg:

Kitsch art:

http://www.jeremyriad.com/blog/toy-talk/bootleg-action-figures-brad-mcginty/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is the meaning there? Is making a bootleg of a bootleg some kind of commentary?

It's kitsch art, or ironic art, or pseudo-outsider art or whatever you want to call it. It's by the same guy who made the Star Warsiors! fake bootleg toys.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Johnny Aztec posted:

I *liked* the Stallone movie.

I just looked up a list of 'Signs someone is having a stroke' and stringing together unintelligible sentences of words that don't have any meaning together is a pretty sure indicator, you should call an ambulance immediately

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's some of them like COUPLE ANIMALS, CLEAR MAP, STONE and BOX which sound like they have absolutely zero gameplay. I can imagine booting up COUPLE ANIMALS and it's just two antelopes standing there shrugging at you.

Then there's games like MELONS BOWLING, RECEIVE EGGS, GUESS PLANTS and RECEIVE FRUIT which I imagine have minimal gameplay and are exceedingly repetitive and dull.

And then there's BEAT PIG which has to be absolutely amazing and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If people were still wondering whether the Lepin sets are worth getting if you can't afford the genuine Lego sets then here's a video that does a pretty in-depth comparison of the Lepin X-Wing versus the Lego X-Wing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toQTNjgfcG8

tl;dr: the Lepin sets aren't perfect and can have small defects or minor missing pieces but if you're just going to display the model on a shelf they're nearly indistinguishable

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Via Imgur:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Push El Burrito posted:

Why is it $1.99 at the 99 Cent Only Store?

Welcome to Trump's America

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Drincess Moamr!

I don't know why she has a bear cub

I'm so sick of all these Star Plans

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That's a licenced figurine

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

That might actually be a knockoff of a bootleg. Here's a really annoying video which explains it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJAml4-yvBQ

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CzarChasm posted:

The VW Bus on top of ATAT legs is great too

Huh, I totally missed that.

It's a knockoff of this well known image which has been around for years:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Have another look at Ferrule's avatar :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I dropped by a store that had a whole bunch of lovely cheap costumes

I also spotted some action figures:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kheldarn posted:

What Pyscho is that? Dorkin Psycho?

I think it was Jokin Psycho?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

What makes this one even weirder is that the character name Aladdin is public domain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

It looks nothing like the Disney version, though.

If Disney Consumer Products LLC decided to get a bee in their bonnet over all the costume knockoffs they could pick one of these companies at random and tie them up in litigation for years and years to force them into bankruptcy as a warning to all the others. Probably best not to risk it.