Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Apropos of nothing, flew to CPH via KEF, bought some hákarl, it's really not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Zzulu posted:

privatization is good

Good for Serbs!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Sweden: come for the Lutefisk, stay for the rapin'!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I'm moving to Denmark this month from Canada. The state of Danish politics still befuddles me after the OP, and as a non-citizen I suppose I have time to learn. I'll be joining PROSA as I have a job at NNIT. My Danish so far is via completing Duolingo and repeatedly redoing lessons, so I suspect reading a deep review of Danish politics in Danish is going to have to wait... Anden spiser ikke kød, etc.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Oh I already have all the required Danish ID: CPR, Skatkort, health card, rejsekort, annual Tivoli pass, etc.

I like learning languages anyhow; as an anglophone Canadian I took French, then subsequently studied German and Spanish. Danish people just need to loving enunciate oh my God.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's just what it's called it in English. It's still Enhedslisten in Danish.

We enunciate exactly what we need to enunciate.

In Aarhus, in Gamle By, there's a display of postwar housing in Denmark, where you built your house from a kit, then an inspector came to deem it habitable.
In the video they interviewed an elderly woman, and watching the video I suddenly realized I could understand what she was saying in Danish very easily. I asked Mette why she spoke so clearly in the video, and got "oh that's how they used to teach you how to speak in school, but they stopped. Only the Queen talks like that now." as a response.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I asked my GF's mother if she was left-wing and it came across as "did she support Venstre"... and hoo boy did she not.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

One thing that troubles me is the whole Øresund region deal where Danes can live in say, Malmö, and avoid things like the car registration tax. That just seems like something put in to please high income Danes who want to drive expensive cars at a trade-off of 30 minutes more drive to work... and now they're talking about extending the Metro across?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Still standing strong against the Canadian menace.

No, they surrendered and let me move here from Toronto. Living in Ørestad now.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're just taking on the traditional role of a hostage by entering our custody and learning our customs.

I make rice pudding with raisins here.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

A more salient fact might be that while Danish police *can* seize valuables, apparently they aren't. An article from June I found said they'd charged people twice so far, total.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Stop responding to Nils, please.

Wrong. There were at least four examples as of January, one where as little as 8.000 DKK was confiscated. It's always been intended as a mostly symbolic gently caress-you gesture, but it is utilised.

Hardly shocked, but I couldn't find English articles - my Danish lessons start shortly. Can you provide any links either in English or Danish please?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Just voted in my local Danish election in Ørestad. Haha gently caress the size of the ballot!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I just moved here to København in August from Toronto and my gradual acquisition of Danish is leading to a growing awareness and horror of the political situation here.

Look, Canada is a racist society, but we have a layer of shame and self-delusion that seems to require a degree of at least pretending that were not actual poo poo. We don't jump up and down and gleefully admit it in speeches...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Poil posted:

How many deserted islands are even available? Are they planning on dumping them on Greenland and then claim it was their own fault for choosing to starve and freeze to death?

Just use Bornholm.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Beeswax posted:

No don't it's the home of the only intelligible Danes

GF quote: "Stupid Swedes."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

"Frem med julekuglerne"

Hohohoooo Nu kommer jeg

Alle går omkring og juler
Jeg har pudset mine kugler
Sukkerstangen får du ikke
Selv om den stråler i al sin glans
Du må vente med at slikke
Vi skal nemlig ha en jule-dans
Ind og ud og alle vegne
Får du af min juleklejne
Julebukken har du vækket
Nu vil han ud på den store tur
Og når bordet er bedækket
Rider vi omkring i alles stuer

Nu det jul igen og nu det jul igen
Og Holger juul og Erik påske

Lillemor tag fat om pungen
Du skal få lidt godt til tungen
Lalalalala og Grethe synk
Se min nisse han vil drille
Se hvor han kigger frem fra sit skjul
Du skal lære ham at spille
Han skal også mærke det er jul
Jul jul jul jul jul jul
Han skal også mærke det er jul

Venner kom nu skal vi solde
Juleslik og julebolle
Gåsen hun skal op på disken
Så skal hun få hvad hun trænger til
Ud med benene, ind med svesken
Sikke dog et herligt krybbespil
Ud med benene, ind med svesken
Sikke dog et herligt krybbespil
Nu vil pigerne ikke mere
Derfor må vi onananananas
Men det varer ikke længe
For der var noget de ikke fik
Skønt det koster mange penge
Skal de ha en masse julegløgg

Hohohooooo nu kommer jeg igen

Discuss.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Heinz Hynkel posted:

You are retarded. swedish?

This is not about me but about the post I made about the current situation in sweden. If you cannot respond to that I would advice you to simply gently caress-off.
Try to be useful for once.

Better watch out, you know what people like Heinz liked to do to "useless" people in the 1930s...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

observera att halva jobben åker till malmö av alla städer. :denmark:

ftfy

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Fader Movitz posted:

Danskar behöver också jobb.

Og billige biler.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Looks like starting in July it's 2000 kroner per class (module?) to learn Danish, just FYI. Apparently they tossed in "no more free Danish lessons" to get the folkeparti to agree to a 5 billion kroner tax cut?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

My GF works as part of Regions Apoteket, and she's been notified her workplace will be part of the conflict. From her email I also saw the teachers and doctors and nurses and a list of kommunes are also going out.

I work in the private sector, so not going out, but this is as close to a General Strike as I probably will see in my life...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Oh my! did I just fart in the echo chamber?

I presume you're simply repeating the official line? If so, since when did anything the Government said necessarily represent reality?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

TheRat posted:

I suppose they think it makes them sound slightly more intelligent than yelling 'cucks' at everyone

Hvordan siger man "Sieg Heil" på Nynorsk, alligevel?

(Passed DU3 module 2 tonight.)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

THE BAR posted:

The Danish collective abhors the Swede and pities the Norwegian.

As a Canadian recently moved to Denmark, the above checks out 110%. The level of casual dislike for Swedes here is actually shocking. Not joking.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Nah, it's pretty crap and the model is stone loving dead, but they probably read that Marx bit about capital being dead labour and wanted in on the action.

Anyway, speaking of worthless leftists, Enhedslisten is putting their position to good use in Copenhagen. Multiplying parking fees by literally a hundred without income differentation is a much better social policy than ensuring terminally ill people aren't abused to death.

I'm already paying 1001 DKK/må for parking in Ørestad.

Ah I see, no more cheap street parking. I'm already paying the higher price anyhow. Shrug.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 4, 2018

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Personally I find the typical people hanging around BIG shopping center in Herlev to be pretty sketchy looking and they're Danish.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Wild Horses posted:

Also those institutions you moved and all those people that will inevitably quit is a big brain drain.
Those institutions wont be operating at anything close to efficiently in 10 years or less.
Basically services go down, incompetents get hired to replace loyal tjänstemän and its hosed

If it costs some Swede 'tjänsteman' his job, Danes approve.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mercrom posted:

is there an actual reason for decentralization other than that people like cars and taking up space and killing animals

Are we talking just moving stuff to Århus, which would be not so bad, or to like Randers or Visby or Bornholm here?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Rnr posted:

Okay, so that's racist and bigoted, saying something negative about a religious custom in relation to local work ethics? Bar is low these days I guess...

Danes and work ethic? Exactly how many religious holidays do *Danes* get a year again? I mean I just got Monday off for Pinsen. Why exactly is Lutheranism treated better than Islam or Judaism? You either treat all religions fairly or none. Would forcing Orthodox Jewish store owners to stay open on Saturday and close Sunday be ethical, to you, Mister Dane?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

THE BAR posted:

It's Aaaaarhus now.

I just memorized alt-codes for poo poo, so it's alt-0197rhus to me.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Rnr comes from Earth-714, clearly, where being a Nazi doesn't literally mean advocating violence and killing Jews and other life unworthy of life.

Standing up in public and saying "I love Adolf Hitler"... yeah, you should be punched. My dad used to shoot Nazis, in fact. It's what you do to genocidal maniacs.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Clearly the Swedes should have shot their Nazis after the war.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Alhazred posted:

They didn't even shoot nazis during the war.

Yeah but they could have joined in once it was over, part score.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Finally, 8 years to find any form of employment is kinda bad. In that time you can basically do an entire bachelor-master-PhD.

What kind of garbage Ph.D can you get in 2-3 years in the hard sciences in Sweden? A B.Sc. is 4 years, the M.Sc. is at least 1 year, etc. You won't have finished a serious research program in that time. Do they just toss you out with partial results and a diploma?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Zudgemud posted:

An engineer with a 2 year education that focused solely on the maintenance of old soviet oil Derricks will not necessarily have a comparable degree to a modern 3 year bachelor in mechanical engineering, despite it saying so with a direct translation of their degree title.

You only do 3 year Engineering degrees?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

am technically civil engineer, can confirm 5 years

Trying to visualize how useless a Civ with three years would be at a company

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Ønsk mig held og lykke. Dansk modultest 3 i aften!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Doesn't seem too bad in København, but this is my first full summer in Denmark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I'm losing a lot of my initial enthusiasm about working towards Danish citizenship. Done Module 3 (of 5) of DU Level 3 and wondering why I bother learning Danish if the country is run by parties I will never support.

Is Sweden a better choice? I could move to Malmö pretty painlessly. I speak French and some German, Spanish, and now Danish.