Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

net work error posted:

None of these are anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

drat those 23 flavors must really raise their overhead.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

"That's some fine knee work there Lou"

"Thanks boss"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Peanut President posted:

holy gently caress

mlk-splaining

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Context A mining company just blew up some of the oldest artwork in existence to sift through the rocks

Rio Tinto operate at levels that were you to try and have what they literally do set in a Bond movie people would say its too unbelievable.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Australia's national paper is really something.

Australia's conservative party make Dick Cheney look like a compassionate human being.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The only thing any online white person has to do to not completely show their rear end is stay quiet(in itself also a matter of privilege) but they just keep having to barge into the room screaming "WHAT ABOUT RESPECT!? ALL LIVES MATTER!" and outing themselves as the chuds they've always been.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Dominion did nothing wrong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Conservatives: All those entitled tenured professors always agitating and roiling the youth

Actual tenured professors: gently caress grading where are my TAs I don't want to teach this week

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

People getting mad at rage against the machine for being 100% on brand with their particular flavor of politics will never stop being funny.

Rush flat out telling Rand Paul to stop using their songs was a great "you are what your heroes despise" moment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

my parents absolutely charged my mentally disabled brother rent, lmao

my parents do this because if they don't the state uses it as an excuse to gut the disability checks going to him as hard as they can. Like have him write checks and they give him receipts and everything because the state demands 'proof' he needs enough money to barely live off it he wasn't otherwise supported.

(they also just put the money into long term savings/investment for him to inherit, not boomer it up by buying limited edition trumpo coins)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/annakhachiyan/status/1289435985793572869?s=19

Incredible that every dumb shitpost we make ends up being unironically believed by someone out there in the world

I thought the whole point was women are wildly misdiagnosed when it comes to autism because tons of the signs/behaviors seen in men are just written off as quirky, manic pixie dream girl personality traits and not a problem.

When they are labeled as autistic its then perceived as some fragile dove situation where they need a big strong man to chaperone them through life.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Armacham posted:

How does that guy not constantly get his poo poo vandalized

probably helps when the cops are your drinking buddies and will treat a slashed tire like a mini 9/11.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

loved that Sons of Anarchy crossover

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Child Drag shows = Bad

Child Beauty Pageants = Proud Southern tradition

Can't allow competition for any future Jon Benet's.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Agnostalgia posted:

it's not even a matter of "deserved" or not. you gotta get rid of the whole dynasty when ending a monarchy or they'll keep coming back like bedbugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6odceqaPF8&t=45s

Gotta end the bloodline.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Like I said, this is about 2037. My napkin math, which is probably way off, comparing cargo ships to a modern naval vessel, would round out to about 4-5 days. Jam some satellites, blame it on Starlink debris, whatever the gently caress it takes to buy you as much time as possible. Which gets into the interesting question of a naval shooting war, it's been nearly a loving century since the last one, and the technology has rapidly shifted, but the reality of aircraft carriers being virtually defenseless tin cans still stands. The Chinese navy has 335 vessels as of today against the 296 vessels of the US Navy, and the Chinese would rapidly expand in force projection capability between now and a hypothetical 2037 scenario. Again, I think the best guess is sheer loving numbers, which is what any nonsensical Chinese Red Dawn scenario would have to consider.

Sea power is based on aircraft carrier fleets.

China has a single rust bucket of a aircraft carrier they can sail around the bay for a few hours before it has to be towed back and duct taped back to functional.

Their pilots get 1/50 of the flight time that US pilots get.

The US Navy and Airforce would literally be shooting fish in a barrel once the ships pass the point of any air power force projection from mainland China.

It'll just be like when Taiwan was just running over PLA troops with tanks after they ran out of ammunition because there was nothing the PLA could do to stop them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

I doubt that even 30% of Americans understand how progressive tax works, or what it’s for, or anything at all about taxes beyond that the government takes some of your money every year.

So yeah, like I said, taking the message to where they are by any means necessary.

That number is extremely generous for the amount of people who understand anything about taxes.

I had a coworker tell me his wife told him to stop working overtime before they got bumped into a higher tax bracket. She's an accountant.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Yeah the real world is Metal Gear Rising: Revengance

nanomachines?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Early days, don't want to forgot the long term. This is like congratulating Usain Bolt on his world record time when he's 10 m into a 100m race.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Real curious what the Americaville experience is like.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Junpei posted:

people there's a reason why fanfiction websites invented quick and easy tags for things like fluff, angst, pining, found family, certain pairings, etc. so that people can easily find what they're looking for

Generally when 90% of the fanbase just wants to make sure they know who is loving who to what explicit degree in what they are reading tags are the most effective way to attract and retain your omega mpreg fanbase

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

T-man posted:

read greg egan, most of his books give me a plesant headache feeling because you need a math degree to understand how the story's physics work. or else ur a weak babby brain

Anyone who says they understand the last 1/4 of Permutation City is loving lying.

Most of the others, not as bad.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Is this someone I should know about?

khazar milkers

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

more falafel please posted:

The Ma(rx)quis were right, Eddington did nothing wrong

He surrendered like a little bitch who couldn't stop jerking himself off over pretending he was the main character in a 500 year old novel.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

she gave the US a tradcath on the supreme court because she wanted a symbolic event in retiring under the first female president.

not many people can detonate a bomb so big it literally erases the products of your entire career but god drat did she pull it off.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

couldn't be happening to a nicer bunch of racists

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Which racists, the Chinese racists or the Australian racists

yes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cnidaria posted:

putting the cops at the gates of the community to keep the undesirables out is praxis now I guess

quote:

Bile and malice

gonna see some real creative definitions of those terms in the future

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I'd say that's made by a 50 year old church volunteer if not for the fact it's got the classic elementary school wall style behind it and is I assume from some class project for 10/11 year olds.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

So, holding the line while the city burns down to ashes behind you? What are they holding the line against? Firefighters?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's always fun to go into a whole foods and learn what commonly used ethnic thing is now a superfood.

buttchugging tumeric enemas now like the mystic gurus of ancient wisdom did

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I've shamefully purchased ~60 amiibos online but even then I would still be embarrassed to wait in line to get one much less during a pandemic.

What, new edition of Smash Bros character sold out? gently caress it, I'll pay an extra $10 to a reseller instead of driving to every gamestop in the tri state area trying to find it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Anime Store Adventure posted:

don’t buy collectibles

I have a dad with a ton of collectibles and somehow everyone who might pay what he thinks they’re worth also has those same collectibles and is trying to sell them to some other schmuck for the same price because that’s what these collectibles are worth, apparently. except anyone who wants them has them already and is trying to sell them for the same price??

if they make you happy to look at them then cool do it up but I’m going to berate the next person who tells me a dollar value of their Nintendo or Marvel characters like you could or would ever sell them.

or I guess I have friend who basically “scalps” NBA trading cards which is insane to me that he makes any money in the end, but I think he just likes Walmart scavenger hunts and basically breaks even in the end.

oh god yes.

I kinda went a little collector spree heavy for a bit and bought way too many, but I have the entire set of Zelda amiibos on display in a spice rack in my room and I love looking at it all the time. The others are tucked away in some boxes in my closet because while they are cool and fun I don't have a dedicated wall to nerd paraphernalia.

The people who keep/buy exclusively new in box have problems the entire point of a toy is to be able to physically handle it and move it around while making the whoosh noises.

also these

pentyne has issued a correction as of 09:56 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The American psycho meme where Christian bale has sex but instead he flexes at the spice rack full of zelda amiibos

sometimes if the light catches it right it looks like ganondorf is flexing back