Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

http://conflictchamber.com/#bb1bdAfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzfzd26_

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I just thought about Helga putting Defender's Ward on Skarath, and now my erection won't go away. A 16/19 no knockdown on a 2" reach heavy with a 10" gunfighter spray with additional dice to hit seems really drat sexy.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

S.J. posted:

Why can't you just play for fun you terrible person

I'm a power-gamer, obviously. That's why I play pigs.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It was. It's yet another reason I'm his favorite judge.

I have one list for real favorite and one list for ironic "favorite".

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Helga the Conquerer - WB: +29
- Targ - PC: 4
- War Hog - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 15)
- War Hog - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
- Battle Boar - PC: 7
- Gun Boar - PC: 9

Dahlia Hallyr - Hallyr & Skarath: 17
- Skarath
Gudrun the Wanderer - PC: 5
Maximus - PC: 4
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1
Swamp Gobber Chef - PC: 1
Viktor Pendrake - PC: 4

Farrow Slaughterhousers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11
Farrow Slaughterhousers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 11

1) Skarath at 16/19 from Defender's Ward feels like cheating. Plus he's getting two sprays a turn with three dice to hit.

2) Feat turn Helga casts Primal on Battle Boar, he forces for berserk and overtake, and the slam bonanza begins.

3) Dash allows chefs to get pretty much anywhere to trigger gang fighter, and might occasionally enable a backstab.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Omg guys, with the new slam rules Helga is absurdly good. Not only do they go full distance, even if larger than the slamming model, but because you can slam a knocked down model you get an additional did of damage on every single attack under feat against anything that's b2b with something that'd stop it, since it hits it every time you slam it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fnordcircle posted:

So most factions only options are screening, shield guard or praying for a lot of forests?

Correct.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Danimo posted:

My first game against Legion was lost to losing my battlegroup while Barny had no damage,

How did this happen? For 4 fury you can make your entire battlegroup immune to shooting, which is Legion's schtick.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

S.J. posted:

Right. If they're loving assholes, just call them that. :v:

Indeed.

Demanding to play by the rules doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can be strict on rules. Playing a netlist doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can play netlists. Being competitive doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. Nice people can be competitive. Being an rear end in a top hat makes you an rear end in a top hat.

You can give takebacks, play goofy lists, not care who wins, and still be a loving rear end in a top hat.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

What the gently caress are Cog People?

Look like cog, talk like people.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

Isnt Danny Modesto, literally the nicest dude on planet earth and my hetero mancrush, in the Cog club?

Danny Modesto alt account spotted.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fnordcircle posted:

That's the last list I ran. Charging with the rearmost doomies to clear a path for the doomies in the front oooooh.

If Doomies were a 12 man unit that cost twice as much they wouldn't have been nearly as bullshit, for this exact reason.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

StuG Jeebus posted:

The 'tusks' are killin' me. Why is it so hard to get them consistent across the Titan species?

He has no tusks, just seriously huge nipples.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

You know what's a great way to spend today? Verifying the accuracy and legality of 120 lists!

:suicide:

Edit: At least character restriction is gone .

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Khador's light cavalry is an aces way to clear incorporeal infantry/solos.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I have zero pity for people that get mad about Convergence not getting new stuff at the same rate as the full factions. It's not like it's a secret, and people who lie to themselves and think PP are gonna release stuff with every book have nobody to blame for their disappointment but themselves.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I thought people might find this interesting. It's a breakdown of the players in my team event tomorrow.

quote:

WiTC list breakdown

Faction - # of players - # of unique casters
Cygnar - 8 - 10
Protectorate - 7 - 9
Khador - 9 - 8
Cryx - 3 - 6
Ret - 7 - 5
Convergence - 1 - 2
Mercs - 5 - 7
Trolls - 5 - 5
Circle - 7 - 7
Legion - 2 - 3
Skorne - 5 - 8
Minions - 2 - 3

Casters taken in 3 or more lists
Ossyan - 5
Irusk2 - 5
Madrak2 - 5
Sorscha1 - 4
Krueger2 - 4
Helynna - 4
Wurmwood - 3
Sloan - 3
Kreoss1 - 3
Kaelyssa - 3
Butcher3 - 3

73 unique casters taken across 122 lists (including alternates)

The number of Circle players surprises me. Literally every Troll player taking Madrak2, however, does not surprise me.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm guessing a lot of those Circle with be a Baldur with Woldwrath and Wurmwood for their 2 casters.

Full lists are here, if you want them: http://ringdevc.w14.wh-2.com/atc/StaticEvents/WiTC%20Year%201teams.html

Pyrolocutus posted:

I've been talking with one of my friends about the 75 pt size that people are trying out. He feels like it's just a touch too limited for running support in addition to infantry and warstuff. Anyone else think we might see the community moving up a bit, to maybe 85 or so?

I think the limitation is a feature, not a bug. If you can fit everything there's no interesting decisions to make in list building.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

Both Minions players bring double Brigands in a list, that's, well, it's one more than I would have expected.

I haven't run two units of them in mk3 yet, but one with ua is in every list I make now. Even Arkadius. They're insane. Maybe even S tier game-wide. People with debuffs like Parasite should consider splashing them in. 12 rng 10 pow 12 attacks gets painful when you add Prey and a debuff, plus they're natively pathfinder and tough.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

Which one is Madrak2 and why can't I find it on PP

World Ender.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://atcwmh.com/witc-2016-rounds-and-standings/

That website will be live updated with pairings, standings, results, etc.

Also, the bartender here is a volunteer, so his drinks are double strong.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

Also, I'd much rather talk about the Brigands than my half-assed throwaway joke about PP taking a rule away from the already underwhelming Wold Guardian.

Because Brigands were already legit before Hog Wild charges were reinstated.

Brigands are, in my opinion, the best unit in hordes right now.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Softface posted:

Madelyn Corbeau has earned a spot in every list with a caster who wants to play even remotely close to the front, Parlay saved Vlad's and Strakhov's asses so many times tonight.

Corbeau b2b behind Reznik2 with him camping 1 (and a shield guard to protect him from Eiryss stripping that focus) makes them both frustratingly invincible.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Incy posted:

Awesome I can include trenchers as mercs! Let me check the list of allowed models to see which ones I can... oh.

See right in the first bullet point where it says they're allowed? There you go. Glad I could help.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

whats the best way to store my foam trays full of stupid plastic monsters? i was going to use a comic book shortbox but i forgot how tight they are (like, the trays fit perfectly but there's no room on the sides to get out a tray at the bottom)

i dont need anything fancy, like a multicase is too much, but i would like to be able to a) store my poo poo and b) bring it with me to the store to play dumb plastic armymans

http://www.officedepot.com/mb/a/products/987304/Office-Depot-Brand-Mobile-Folding-Cart

Those fit two stacks of Sabol foam side by side, have wheels, and are durable as gently caress.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

theironjef posted:

What's a good list two caster if your list one is Helynna? I've always been partial to Rahn and Ossyan but I don't know how they look in the MK3 environment.

Ossyan is stupid good, because they have him Deadeye.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

If this guy is really doing what it sounds like, he's intentionally or unintentionally blatantly cheating.

Also, if he's an experienced player and he's playing Caine2 into somebody for one of their first three games ever he's a total dick.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Magres posted:

What happens when you combine Future Sight and Manifest Destiny? Can you roll your 3d6 then decide to boost before dropping lowest and instead drop the boosted die if it's the new lowest die?

Yes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Iceclaw posted:

I kinf og want to play very faction sooo...

Are you having a stroke?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Got a "bonus" at work that was paid out in Amazon Gift Cards so I decided to blow it on warmans including my boy Big Rezzy. What do we think?

Servath Reznik, Wrath of Ages - WJ: +29
- Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan - PC: 4
- Scourge of Heresy - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Templar - PC: 15 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Templar - PC: 15
- Devout - PC: 9

Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1

Idrian Skirmishers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide - Chieftain & Guide: 5
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Flame Bringers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 17

That list is similar to the one Phatasian ran at WiTC. Key thing is that Reznik2 with lamentation up, one focus on him, Corbeau b2b behind him using parlay, and a shield guard or two protecting her is basically invincible.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Otisburg posted:

I was hopeful that the Mk3 journeyman might help me get a fresh start on somewhat more equal footing, but 2 weeks in it looks like everyone just jumped right into Mk3 at 75 points and is ignoring it, save for a few new folks and some of the more chill players.

It's weird, because week 1 half the store was playing journeyman, and week 2 almost nobody was. I'm curious what this week will be like, because many people will be gone to GenCon.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Why does a pow 14 heavy need mat fixing

I assumed he was mixing up the sentinal and the soldier.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

moths posted:

So which Skarre does beer Skarre count as?

It's Skarre1. Ignore the handcannon.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

People who pronounce it "Kah-door" infuriate me. There's a pronunciation guide in Prime, drat it. I'm sorry it isn't pronounce the way it would be in Russian, but deal with it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

When I first saw the model I thought "That can't be Madrak3, because he doesn't have an ax."

I'm an idiot sometimes.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fadam posted:

I tried out Jakes some more today and i'm convinced she's not very good.

Hopefully our next Warcaster plays/supports a ranged game and isn't another dumpster tier melee meathead. eSiege on a huge base artillery piece please.

I am literally incapable of believing a caster with Positive Charge is bad.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

LordAba posted:

So... does anyone have a summary of how exactly Salt Pillars changed? I know they aren't exactly structures anymore, but beyond that I'm not sure if there are any goofy ramifications.

You're allowed to charge them and none of the weird minimum damage requirements on ranged attacks apply anymore.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

fadam posted:

I would give that up for guaranteed hits and LoS clearing 99% of the time tbh.

It also covers way more territory. Between an 18" control range and affecting an entire unit if you clip a single guy she can get entire armies easily.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't really want GW to burn but if they insist on shooting themselves in the foot to heal their previous bullet wounds well I guess I'm going to grab popcorn

I want GW to burn, but it's not (entirely) because their games are garbage; it's mostly because their business model for the last quarter century (or longer, but I'm not old enough to remember past that) has consisted of gouging, making GBS threads on, and/or suing their fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

also the dude who rage quit was super mad that the other guy was banking his points to take a colossal anyway

In fairness it is illegal. Prime states that a list can't be more than 5 points below the game level. This rule plus the current point increase sizes means it is impossible to get a colossal/gargantuan in the journeyman league.

Not saying he isn't a tool. Just that he's technically correct about this one aspect.