Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This game looks like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's like the event was invaded by PYF.

This entire run is sheer misery.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Keksen posted:

"I'm the only one that runs this game."

I think it really is a case of wanting to run a game with no competition so you can have the record.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dias posted:

I find Sonic runs to be either great or unwatchable most marathons, so let's see where most of these land today.

The big problem with the Sonic games is the same as the Megaman ones, there's always like five in a row lumped together and they're all the loving same game.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never played this sonic riders video game but I would like to say that Sonic All-Star Racing TRANSFORMED is much, much, much, much, much better than it has any right to be. And I only bought it because I saw NiGHTS was in it

This is a true and good post. The best Mario Kart knockoff is still Diddy Kong Racing though.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Eonwe posted:

i dont post on luelinks anymore, does anyone post there and do the 502 crew still do a thing? havent heard any of their donations

502 crew was a luelinks thing? I posted on LUE/Luelinks but I thought that was 402.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Pladdicus posted:

write better questionssssssss

like...how long did you practice this!? do you guys race often!?

pb&j yes or no?

Is a hot dog a sandwich? Can a plane take off on a treadmill? Is 0.999 repeating equal to 1?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Minrad posted:

blindfolded sotn, jak and daxter, dkc tropical freeze race are the only Must Watches imo, but there's plenty of other good runs worth watching if you want to see them

hosed up that you left out deus ex but whatever floats your boat friendo

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

MooCowlian posted:

I still feel like there are way too many runs that are only there because they're big name franchises. Did we need eight different mega man games? Ten hours of old Zelda games? Ten hours of Mario (excluding mario maker and SMW low%)? I know they're popular, but they drag a bit for me, especially when they're stuff like any%. No-one ever seems to list them as favourites unless it's something very different like the low%/grandma% SMW or a particularly exciting race. I guess they pull in a lot of money from the high earning 35 year olds who grew up in the 90s. Am I alone in this?

I bet these big blocks of classic games are the hooks for people that aren't really that into speed running to actually watch the stream at all. Like yeah, I've seen SMW run fifty thousand times, but not everyone has, and if it was a marathon of obscure-rear end speed games it would probably get less viewership. I don't think it's supposed to be pandering specifically to rich non-gamers that played a Mario when they were growing up, but more to the fact that there are a lot more Mario fans than speedrunning fans.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dias posted:

Bullshit, Uyama isn't real.

Uyama is real, he's strong and he's my friend.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

mandatory lesbian posted:

its a lovely day, in that its not 90 degrees

Yet.

It's humid as gently caress and gonna hit 92 today.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I want to get into speedrunning Marathon 2 because there is literally zero competition and it's a game I like, but doing it on the hardest difficulty is really tough and the easiest difficulty is boring. :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Studio posted:

The speed Goon community accepts non runners :toot:

That's good because goons aren't really into running :v:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The real oddity of social eating is that Twitch actually has a lot of really bizarre and specific rules about using (or not using) the Social Eating tag.

Like, if you're streaming some Counter-Strike and you take fifteen minutes to eat a sandwich and soda, you need to switch to Social Eating. Meanwhile, if you take fifteen minutes to eat a bag of Cheetos, you're supposed to turn your stream off because you can't not be gaming while using a gaming channel and you can't use Social Eating if you're eating junk food.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
It's not like Asia pioneered the strange idea of watching other people cooking and eating, cooking shows have been a staple of American TV for over fifty years.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Macaluso posted:

These aren't really rules that Twitch will go out of their way to enforce though. They aren't gonna penalize you for not switching your stream off because you chose to take a snack break and have your camera on just you eating

Then why write the rules at all? Who cares? It's just odd that they had to write so many rules about the channel that they want people to use if they're eating and not playing a game for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
If you're worried about notification-spamming then I feel like creating a second account and making a playlist out of them with the first is probably the most straightforward way to do it.

• Locked thread