Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Look man, you see this sick-rear end aqueduct? Well my GRANDFATHER was BURIED on that MOUNTAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Bring back Short Treks just to do Peanut Hamper in live action

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

What the gently caress is a "Klingon"? :confused:

The universe is a spheroid region approximately 705 meters in diameter.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Gotta draw Sisko's weird clock from Dramatis Personae just to be sure

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

Action Picard in TNG was fine since it was an occasional thing. Gotta mix it up when you're making 170 episodes of TV.

Action Picard immediately knocking that Kenny Omega looking terrorist dude off his feet with a right hook when he portaled onto the bridge in High Ground was pretty great

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Hollismason posted:

Are there any actually good Star Trek novels or are they all pretty much trash. Also how hard is to get a hold of them.

I liked some of the Lost Era books, maybe just because that giant time gap still hasn't really been explored at all in canon, so where else am I gonna go

They kinda have the same small universe problems as everything else EU though, like every Joe Six-Pack and Jennifer Two-Liter who's alive between 2290 and 2360 is probably in those books somewhere whether it makes sense or not

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Snorb posted:

DSC even had tactical vests (with body armor!!! On Star Trek!!!) in its second episode; I know Burnham and Georgiou were wearing them when they went onto the Sarcophagus.

There's kind of a weird precedent for this in Search For Spock, I think, but the armour was chunky orange plastic or something with matching helmets because a lot of the costume design in that movie is loving wild

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Best to worst 23rd century drip from left to right

Chekov, buddy, come on man

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Suddenly wondering if that movie Cube starring Nicole de Boer still holds up

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Can you help out a '49er? I fell down a shaft. I require large amounts of whiskey as a liniment.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

René Auberjonois did all his own stunts

Imagining Odo doing the dirtbike train jump stunt from Super Cop

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

So is Picard like, ACTUALLY good in season 3 now, or is everyone still gaga over the gang getting back together

It's fine. It's neither good enough to fully justify the rather glowing pre-release hype cycle nor bad enough to be worth the kind of extreme hatewatchy reactions in the other thread. I like it more than either previous season or just about anything on Disco honestly but those bars are pretty low and/or subterranean depending on what kinda mood I wake up in these days

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

I think the only time we saw that shuttlebay at all was at the end of Cause & Effect when they vent it to dodge the collision. Even at the end of Generations I'm pretty sure the doors were still closed

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Yestermoment posted:

The important thing to know is this: Demons are real and you should definitely not ally with and/or bang them.

I'm afraid this goes against everything Shin Megami Tensei has taught me

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Mylan posted:

Either mind powers are the ultimate force in the Star Trek universe, or they're living in a simulated reality.

Please don't pull the Star Ocean 3 twist in Star Trek, I will flip this table

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

CainFortea posted:

There are no good star trek threads on this forums. Just different flavors of bad.

If enough people play Resurgence next month then I look forward to the possibility of another terrible thread!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

And thus, the groundwork was laid for the great Star Trek / Pokemon crossover event...

Some people swear there was a bulbasaur skull on Lower Decks in the anomaly collection duty episode

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Icheb was a terrible character anyway, like I know Voyager is popular but I can't imagine the level of Voyager-specific fandom necessary to give much of a drat about him or his fate

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

One of the Lost Era novels, The Art of the Impossible, made the interesting choice of telling one story (the Klingon/Cardassian Betreka Nebula cold war) stretched over almost 20 years but without an Enterprise as its main focal point, or even any main cast characters other than a quick Uhura cameo, I think. It was largely espionage stuff so that could be a fun thing to adapt as like an Andor style thriller if they can find writers good enough to handle it

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Whenever I see that gif I always read it in an MC Chris voice for some reason

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

knox posted:

I hate the Enterprise intro so much but at this point I let it play half the time and sing it "I've got (I've got, I've got)"

It took a while but I think I finally found a weird-rear end music choice that beats Faith of the Heart and it's in the end credits of the live-action Space Battleship Yamato of all things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczrZlE7dMw

I very nearly fell out of my chair when I realized what they were dropping on me

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

piratepilates posted:

That Enterprise from Star Trek: Planet of the Titans that they have on https://roddenberry.x.io/ just looks awful. I don't know how they planned to film in that thing with the captain raised 10 feet above everyone else, and aside from that it just seems like a dumb design. What's with the XO and Troi chair in front of the Captain's chair (that is itself on a ziggaraut for some reason) positioned right in front of the lip of the raised platform, so they can fall 10 feet whenever they get in to a battle :confused:

It reminds me a little of how starship bridges always seem to look in sci-fi anime - raised captain's position at the back, officers and crew in lowered recesses in front, big ol' dome up top that's either a window or a holographic screen or both. Sometimes there's stations on the captain's flank or guardrails on the captain's elevated deck but otherwise it's usually always just that

Yeah I'm watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes for the first time why you ask

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

zoux posted:

Don't you guys have a thread dedicated to complaining about the new trek shows that you hatewatch

Once every 1000 years, the seal weakens

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

zoux posted:

If you were in the big chair would you go with the classic and professional "Engage", or something insouciant like "Hit it"

"Let's blow this pot-sickle stand!" in a Strong Bad voice

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

The Greatest Generation guys discovered a 2019 William Shatner/Jeri Ryan b-movie by the Atlantic Rim director called Devil's Revenge which I watched last night and it's probably one of the worst/funniest things I've ever seen. It's free on Tubi, give it a shot if y'all got a hole in your schedules and feel like laughing at something.

Oh yeah, it was written by Maurice Hurley, despite being dead for years by that time, so I guess Shatner found the script in an old drawer and decided to shoot it?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

wesleywillis posted:

If people don't enlist in starfleet how the gently caress do they join?

Press gangs.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

zoux posted:

Was NX-01 copying Akira-class or was it the other way around

The story I always hear is that some suit (Berman?) liked the Akira and wanted to use that as the Enterprise, straight up, no changes, and the actual designers realizing how dumb an idea that was came up with the NX-01 based on the Akira's structure instead

In-universe it can be handwaved pretty easily, the NX begat a design lineage of successor designs, one of which is the Akira. The Walker and Centaur are sorta loosely in the same ballpark too I guess. Picard dropped STO's Alita design in the background somewhere too

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

CainFortea posted:

On the other hand, ENT had Big Show as an Orion so it might be the best.

SLAVES ARE LOOSE! SLAVES ARE LOOSE!

Weirdly enough I think he referenced this cameo fairly recently on AEW commentary but I can't remember why, maybe just Kris Statlander's green facepainted alien character sparking the memory in him

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Dr. Soong: builds his android sons to be fully functional, fully versed in multiple techniques, a wide variety of pleasuring

Also Dr. Soong: makes that a default feature while hiding dreams behind an EXP gate

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Der Kyhe posted:

It doesn't really make sense that there isn't a diplomatic staffer aboard the NX-1 on its first mission outside local cluster but yeah, part of the premise.

"Diplomatic staff? We've never needed a diplomatic staff before, ambassador. :smug: " - 22nd century Starfleet

so by the 23rd century they have an entire diplomatic corps and they're all assholes

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

The Chairman posted:

and fifth-wave ska

I need to know how this sounds, like I hope by then they'd have got the skate punk out of it, but

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

All I remember now about the box is it laughing hysterically and vomiting costume jewelry all over the transporter pad. 10/10 batshit Season 1 concept

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Just look at all those changelings in their "great link." Who do they think they're fooling

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This looks like something out of the old Escape Velocity games, painstakingly rendered in Bryce3D over several hours on a blueberry G3 iMac

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Take the Bird-of-Prey if you wanna speed tank, take the Vorcha if you wanna armour tank, take the K'tinga if you wanna eat poo poo

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Those hard cuts to the Amok Time fight theme in the Cheer ad are killing me, it's like an Aqua Teen bit decades early

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I think (BSG S4? spoiler)Dee's suicide is the big one for a lot of people, where from a narrative standpoint it just feels needlessly cruel in how it's done in the episode

Great timing on the tomato soup ad right after that scene though, just big splashes of bright red soup everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

It's a good idea not to crash weddings, generally speaking