Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

premium is Worth The Five Bucks. chapo gray wolves 4 lyfe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0

quote:

WWE.COM: What do you call the gesture? A couple of different names are out there.

NASH: We call it the Turkish Wolf. That’s what The Kliq calls it.
AKP confirmed

Chapo adjacent podcast talk:

Cum Town has abominable lows but eps 9 and 10 were good.
Street Fight is weird and hard to recommend but I'm very into it.
Delete Your Account is dry and not fun. Roqayah is a good writer but I haven't listened in weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I normally don't like this cliche, but Ross Douthat is just transparently gay as hell. He's like a pseudo intellectual version of Mac from It's Always Sunny.
One of the funniest understated moments from Episode 3 was the long pause after referencing Ross's dorm art of Gladiator and Audrey Hepburn. No commentary needed.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Corek posted:

My favorite part is baby Ross being "a pestilence upon his family" and Damien from the Omen.

What's the timestamp on that line in episode 3? I don't remember that.
1:25:50

"Ross's college dorm room was adorned with posters of classic female icons of the golden age of Hollywood and Gladiator. Right?"
"Yes."
"I did just hear that?"
"Yes."
"We'll move on."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Parallax View really is All The President's Men as a Dukes Of Hazzard episode. In addition to the great car chase there's a killer bar fight and a struggle in a river.

The situation with the audio has become dangerous and unacceptable.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

emdash posted:

Our long national nightmare is over

I thought he was permabanned, what the heck is going on
Matt went dark. He was never suspended from twitter.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

This thread is incredible lmao
https://twitter.com/matthewwalther/status/771464353182806016
of course

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It's not enough that the Clinton's politics have been bad, but they've always attracted the worst fuckin' people in the world to work for them. Neera "Scumbag" Tanden being a prime example.
The abandoned We Are The Left twitter reminds me of Neera's good friend Bruce Reed, who 100% under his own power tweeted a single time to acquit her of any involvement with welfare reform. I forgot the exact account but almost every follower was from the greater Chapo-verse.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Trad Cath highlight reel is amazing.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Tried listening to the recent episode of Delete Your Account but the one host who's an academic Marxist complaining about niche academic Marxists is sort of unbearable.

I like the one host, Roq's writing and they seem to have neat guests but I can't get into it.

I think I'll stick with Belabored and their terrible production values for my non-comedy leftist podcast.
Roqayah is a great writer but that podcast sucks. The election episode was fun since Street Fight hasn't had a proper show since.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SoupyTwist posted:

Why do people hate that Michael Tracey guy? I get that he's a doofus who makes some really lovely takes but I don't get what he does that makes people hate him that much (compared to every other lovely take "journalist").
He's not a leftist (Ron Paul 2012 lol) so people get extremely mad at him vs. say Freddie for having some heterodox views and an affinity for twitter wars.

Bill Mitchell owned us all and should be removed from the tournament.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dimebags Brain posted:

I feel like the amount of effort it would take for me to dive into twitter in order to understand this past page would outweigh any benefit I'd get from knowing all this poo poo.
The best of Arthur Chu is worth reading but everyone else is not very funny. Maybe Neera just for the absurdity of a person with a very good job who has no reason to flail around on twitter.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hopefully they extract an apology from this notorious alt-right member formerly known as Shrillary Tintin. :argh:

https://twitter.com/theshrillest/status/755602479446753280

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

to be fair hes quit multiple times so i wouldnt put a lot of stock in that, although hes also stopped posting on facebook which is surprising
Nick got a 30 day Facebook ban for posting something like "Kill all white women."

And yet they do nothing about fake news. smh

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

I remember Al Giordano writing on ruralnews.com or something like that back in 2008 an being really on point about the democratic primaries. Too bad he went crazy.
I think he's a hack for money rather than a proper #HillaryMan. During the primaries he mentioned her racist 2008 campaign but said she had changed somehow.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Somebody in the means-testing cult will eventually throw out ethnostates as a solution before universal programs or actually fighting to make diverse groups care about social programs.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

oatgan posted:

Amber, Felix, and Nick
Don't erase Ernest, Phyllis, and the 4K tv.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

apokaladle posted:

I can't help but wonder how his family feels. My instinct is to assume they're super hosed up somehow, because can you imagine just trying to be a good parent and raise your kid to be happy and successful and you get a Nazi out?
Stunned that affluent Northeastern liberals could do their best yet turn out a piece of poo poo.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hillary's America is barely about Hillary but definitely worth a hate watch. The best part is Dinesh recreating his prison time followed by when he sneaks into the secret racism room at the DNC headquarters.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That was the one where he tried to show his house arrest as him being locked in a maximum security prison with a riot going on outside or something like he was in Oz, right? I know the DNC bit was when he literally finds the literal chains of slavery, as in the actual historical embodiment of slavery in chain form, hidden in a secret DNC drawer
Yeah it's awesome and cartoonish. There's a loving Wilhelm Scream.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

quote:

Untitled 1990 A partially used bar of soap inlaid with a spiral of pubic hair 7.6 x 10.2 x 3.8 cm 3 x 4 x 1½"
Amber is right. This is decent.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan does not believe claiming to be a sovereign citizen gives you super powers. It is merely fun to do.
He also protests cops and talks about labor more than Chapo. He's a good boy.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Street Fight posted the audio to their patreon Inauguration Day live show. Chapo boys show up about 30 minutes in maybe. There's a very good story about Virgil needing to call 7-11 at 3am.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

slicing up eyeballs posted:

What happened to Amber and what the gently caress is a nick mullen ty god bless
Amber deactivates when she needs to write or whatever.

Nick is a comedian and known associate of war criminals.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/nogoalsnogoals/status/866181890885210113
Important gas station sandwich takes

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The orb is a globe and disgusts me.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Thaddius the Large posted:

https://twitter.com/naseeoh/status/870001336749744128

I want to have a clever ironic remark about this, but I'm probably going to wind up screaming "go gently caress yourself" until my vocal cords tear.
I'm backing Hillary on this one as it supports my longstanding belief the only DNC wants Bernie's email list because they are too stupid and lazy to do the hard work of canvassing. It also fits with reports the final Hillary GOTV efforts had a nasty habit of reaching out to Trump/Other voters who were still on old lists.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Found Da Troubles Z0ne art mentioned in this ep.

Extremely not stolen from an Iron Maiden single

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

Immolations is an old LF goon who created the Alex Jones IM AN EXPLORER clip and chats with Felix about lifting, metal gear, and the absolute boy they both love.
He stopped clipping when Alex Jones got too excited about having "most of the top memes." :(

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Capitalism will optimize sex bots for efficiency and create more trouble as JO time is reduced, freeing up the basement trolls.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I don't think gender matters, it's a pure partisan/sunk cost thing with most of them.
It's this and/or straight grifting. In 2008 Marcotte was an Edwards staffer, Giordano loathed Clinton, and bloggers fled Daily Kos for being too mean to Hillary. An astonishing number of people changed once everyone in power endorsed for 2016.

Pelosi has power and voters who want her gone are (not incorrectly) seen as enemies so people circle the wagons.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

It's truly bizarre comparing Clinton's reception in 2008 to 2016. I've been reading Game Change (which seems like mostly gossipy bullshit but I got it cheap at a library sale) and all the criticisms Dems had of her back then mysteriously disappeared after that election.
Obama picking her for State absolved her of everything. It's kind of embarrassing but they were loyal Democrats and she was now the standard bearer. Krugman and Vox flip flopping to attack single payer and breaking up banks was much worse than glossing over Hillary's flaws.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He is reaching but if you parse liberals as Dem loyalists it's not hard to find cheerleading for a dynastic political class.

I am obligated to mention Ross's college bedroom decor was posters of Russell Crowe in Gladiator and Audrey Hepburn.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The left's votes are owed to Democrats but suburban Republicans must constantly be wooed.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It means he probably posts on the Amelia Bedelia forums.
Cutting up a calendar to bake a date cake is a solid gag.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

DieselDucy is actually good guys
True story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vWBGFP_FZY

Thaddius the Large posted:

As much as I appreciate their insight and perspective as leftists informed by their military experience, my favorite episodes are when they're just shooting the poo poo and sharing stories about stupid things they saw during their time, the airplane door in storage story from a few months back was amazing.
The Afghan piss pipe story was another good one.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Doesn't bourgeoisie require some level of wealth and ownership of production beyond a top ~10% income? Should we care if Chapo are now class traitors? If the line is $150k/yr I'm not sure if I'm supposed to stop voting or instead see that the line I cross to accept Chapo means supporting Mark Warner or some other business ghoul in the D caucus.

Every few weeks some person who knows it's a very bad look to directly complain about left politics complains Chapo makes too much money etc. but never offers something better or suggests they've heard of Street Fight, Discourse Collective, Trillbilly, Delete Your Account and the like.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Moist von Lipwig posted:

@RickyRawls might be one of my all time favourite guests in terms of how well thought out his points are, might have to listen to his podcast. anyone checked it out?
It's not bad but I got tired of listening to a one man show after a few episodes.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This represents progress from being ignored and immediately blocked on twitter.
I wonder if the writer even tried to reach Amber.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I was fine with Will pronouncing everything wrong but on today's show he said Toadstool when he meant Toad from the Mario series. This is not normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They didn't notice the best Garrison trope, Hillary's lost shoe from her 9/11 collapse.

Humble beginnings

Even mindset experts get in on the fun