Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Apparently the Dems aren't a party of people? Ugh did Rush really give them permission to use this song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a lot more cheering in Michelle's speech than the mail-order bride's one.

There are much better targets for nastiness at this convention than she is. I kinda feel bad for her.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

So I've heard Guiliani's speech was, for lack of a better term, the highlight? What was it like?

Rabid, foaming at the mouth hatred and bigotry. Pretty much what you'd expect from him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, given how horrible and hateful most of the other speakers were, it's a little weird that Melania is the one who's getting all the media headlines right now.

Then again, I suppose it's easier for the media to look at two paragraphs and go "hey, they're pretty similar" than it is for them to actually call out the anger and hate underpinning the Trump candidacy.

It's not her fault one of Manifort's evil henchmen can't write a speech without plagiarizing. It really has nothing to do with her and I don't feel the need to attack her for what happened.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Doesn't this basically exist? I thought I recalled seeing pretty high praise for Obama and Clinton from Trump before he ran.

He said nice things about Hillary. He was never a fan of Obama.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

She claims she wrote the whole thing.

She said she wrote it herself with "a little help" And that was before the speech. meh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I remember when the GOP used to wheel out Alan Keyes to try to show that their were a diverse party.. He looks sane compared to the David A Clarke's of the world.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

emdash posted:

Apparently Lewandowski said on CNN that Manafort should resign if he signed off on the speech, plagiarism was "inexcusable"

i guess that's fairly meaningless for a fired guy, but it's funny!

Manafort is a truly evil gently caress. Best not to forget that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Again, the double-speak on having Melania show up at the RNC and praise being an immigrant to the US as the best thing ever, then turn right around and go back to saying building a wall and keeping out all immigrants is a great idea, is loving incredible.

I guess it is KIND OF logically consistent that their argument is that documented immigrants are awesome to have in the country but undocumented people aren't?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Is Trump Jr going to kill an endangered species live on stage?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Carson expected to actually make a super enthusiastic Trump speech? Have previous conventions had a speaker trash the candidate or ignore him for a vaguely pro party speech?

I don't think there is anything that Ben Carson can muster up the emotion "enthusiasm" about.

Spacedad posted:

Also neat to see the contrast in fake/real emotions between a stage prop wife putting on fake smiles and Michelle Obama beaming with genuine pride.

This just seems nasty.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A republican friendly Imam seems to be a pretty good niche market to step into.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

JeffersonClay posted:

I imagine most black republicans opposed Trump and therefore were under-represented among his delegates.

Nah, there just aren't any other than a few crazy people who spoke on Monday night.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They are interviewing the ghostwriter of Art of the Deal on MSNBC. LOL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Wow. This criminal thug too?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

When Obama says "Radical Islamic Terrorism" and spins around 3 times while kicking his heels together all terrorism will end.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Munkeymon posted:

Does he always clip or trip over random words like this? I would think you'd have to be a better speachifyer to be a governor

Florida should be expelled from the union for electing this mush mouthed literal criminal. Twice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Florida is just a complete embarrassment.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Crain posted:

So who's this?

Is there a full speaker list and not just the headliners?

Funny story about the time Pam Bondi dropped a fraud investigation against Trump after he gave her a 25k donation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She didn't say the word "Trump."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This guy is some prosperity gospal huckster right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can't believe I thought this dunce would be a good presidential candidate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

vyst posted:

Just stopping in to say our AG Pam Bondi and governor Bat Boy are both COLOSSAL self-serving pieces of bigoted poo poo which means they are perfect for the RNC

Florida is just reprehensible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There's Liddle Marco!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is the most likable Ted Cruz will ever be...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

OK I officially think this is the best lineup they have had so far if by "best" you mean the most horrible despicable people.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

acejackson42 posted:

Ivanka might be the best speech of the night, and by "best" I mean the only one not filled with 10x as much poo poo as we've seen the previous three days. It's going to be a glorious night of abject lunacy.

She's just as horrible as the rest of them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't like Ted Cruz, but he has bigger balls than all of the bootlickers for sure.

Chris Christie has been flying around the country carrying Trump's garment bag for the last 3 months.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

nachos posted:

Let's not confuse biggest balls with biggest psychopath.

Balls implies that you are pushing through fear and making a courageous act. Cruz gets energized by a crowd of people booing him and threatening to do physical harm.

Who cares what his motivation is. He did the objectively right thing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

at the date posted:

When fringe leftist candidate Bernie makes an rear end out of himself fighting Hillary to the bitter end, he's a hero fighting for his beliefs. When fringe right-winger Ted Cruz does the same thing to the bloated reincarnation of Benito Mussolini, he's a psychopath.

Bernie did the right thing too. Just like Cruz did. He didn't make an rear end of himself at all.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Batshit insane evil billionaire Peter Thiel should be fun.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lee Atwater's wife on MSNBC. lol. "Trump reminds me of my late husband"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Rev Dr Uncle Ruckus.

• Locked thread