Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
Yep, outpost still chugs a ton.

And I can't join the server for some reason, so that's nice. Tried playing with a friend on Steam and the lag and crashing got so bad I gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm sure everyone was on the edge of their seat to learn this, but i was able to secure an outpost bookmark by using the ship ai to teleport directly to that icy place the penguin barkeep wanted me to go to to kill dreadwing and then using the tele there to go back to the teleport shop.

in case anyone mysteriously loses their bookmark, i guess. kind of an odd workaround

the reason you didn't have the outpost teleport is because your teleport locations are saved per universe, and the multiplayer universe is different than the single player universe, fyi

Inverness posted:

Any mod recommendations, besides the one for re-enabling hunger on casual mode?

If you play a lot of music, Extended Songbook is a must have.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Croccers posted:

What's a place with a good collection of songs so I can follow my friends about as they dig and provide musical support?
I've already trawled through http://lotro-abc.com/

This is a bit late because I'm catching up on the thread but

Please don't use lotro abcs, they're slightly different than starbound abcs and sound like rear end (missed motes, notes play at completely wrong octaves, etc)

Just grab any one of the many many music packs on the old official mod site maybe?

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/categories/musical-instruments-songs.13/ (there's even more in the outdated section but good luck digging through that trash heap, what's organization???)

I think I saw some song packs on the workshop too but the organization is even worse there so

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

nerdz posted:

Oh yeah, some of the subtypes really could do with some buffs though. Hammers are sorta good when they can one shot mobs but their damage doesn't keep up as the planet difficulty increases. Daggers are crazy bad, not enough range or knockback.

Are we playing the same game? Dual daggers trivialize any fight in the game that isn't a boss, they stunlock everything and the AI can't handle it.

They hold up ok vs bosses because they still do massive DPS but that's when you gotta worry about the crap range.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007

Davoren posted:

So that jeep's in the game somewhere right? :v:

It was at one point, but I'm pretty sure it's been removed. The assets might still be floating around in the files, but the ability to spawn one hasn't existed since they made the vehicles into items. May be possible with a mod if the assets are still there.

So much removed content for no reason, except maybe spite?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's like a collection of inoffensive cliches.

Another new feature of 1.0 , they removed everything interesting and different about the races and plot and sanded the edges off everything.