Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it is pretty good but it is unrepentant nerdbait and the ending is mediocre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lots of people compare it to goonies

the way they handle 11 is loving trash

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Germstore posted:

I'm glad the hottie got with the cool rear end Tunnel Snakes guy instead of the goonie weirdo.

yea this was unexpected and good

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

d&d, the thing normal people referenced and interacted with in addition to knowing about in 1983

enough that there are multiple references to it throughout the show and it forms the basis of the pilot and it's concepts influence the core of the show

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the final fight with the monster where they both disappear

the rest is fine

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

stand by me is a better comparison than goonies imo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

it is good in the same way that an anime can be good, you ignore the nerd and nostalgia poo poo like you ignore the fan service

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

naem posted:

No lol

the first season was all right I guess but oh man the second one is extremely bad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah but he was way too happy about pudding. Only tards get that happy about school-puddin

He was fat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the setup for a contiguous second season is obvious you'd have to be retarded to think they were going to be separate from one another

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

also

Uncle Salty posted:

Winona Forever

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

That girl is coming back tho, otherwise they wouldn't have wasted time with that shot of the sheriff putting eggos in a box

hes just feeding the wood ducks duh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I don't know what that tumblr person is talking about, but the "hot" girl looks dangerously anorexic. Like, she looks like she needs to be hospitalized immediately.

:hampants:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if you think that girl looked anorexic you're fuckin obese. you can see ribs and collar bones when someone is human shaped

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Meta Ridley posted:

But then Hopper invades the facility. Instead of offing him, they drug him and put him back at his home and just hope he thinks it is all a dream. Despite the fact that Hopper knew more than any other civilian, and was in a position of authority and unlikely to give up. He didn't buy that it was just a dream for a second.
Maybe they thought the town would be suspicious if he died, but like they later show they had the perfect way to kill him (that he was a depressed drug addict who OD'd)

they tried to od him but his tolerance was so high that he just passed out

darth_pizza posted:

they're saying Barb was fat. Barb was not fat, you take that back at once.

she was fat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yea

still def 80s fat tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Archer666 posted:

I just started watching the first episode and I want the kids to die horribly. Will my senseless bloodlust be sated?

no :(

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

gross. glad she died

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

shrug she look like a waffle house waitress so if that's your thing grab them love handles and have at it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

what's her username

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

normal sized lmfao that article is poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I can see overwrought but I felt the pacing was good

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Kevyn posted:

I just want to know what her parents were thinking when they not only named her "Millie Bobby Brown" but then let her use it as her full professional name.

its their prerogative

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Pale Horse posted:

He looks poxy and weird like all British people whereas Steve is 100% All-American Grade A hunk.

he looks like he should be leading a duran duran cover band

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Al Cowens posted:

Since I figure most of you have Netflix go watch Er Ist Wieder Da while you can.

I watched this and it's good so thx

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

its bad just like all fanart

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

because its bad to like bad things :confused:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

if we're going by "its inspired by anime" it bears mentioning that the anime that inspired it (elfen lied) is one of the worst for unnecessary nudity and sex and violence and fanservice

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

p much yea

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Due to the many scenes of nudity and gore in the series, Dominic Laeno criticized the series as being "overly blatant"[22] or "sad and forced".[23] The overt graphic nature of the first nine minutes of the first episode has deterred some viewers and caused controversy upon its release.

the opening is a naked girl (not 11) coming out a holding tank type thing (not isolation tank) and exploding a bunch of guards heads

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

AARO posted:

Shut the gently caress up you loving idiots

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

lol what the gently caress

I'm glad someone has realistic beauty standards for once

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I like how the fat kids drink is already gone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Basticle posted:

Facebook interview, they do 80s trivia and answer fan questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxDMAifYlVo

The highlight is they ask them if they did pranks on set and Noah and Millie reveal that they prank called the costume designer and told her the venue for her upcoming wedding was overbooked :lol:

lol I love when celebrities gently caress with peasants lmfao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

Is general consensus the show emulates what it's going for better/worse than Super 8? I never saw that movie but it was pretty devisive when it came out

this show is pretty good whereas super 8 was complete garbage

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Basticle posted:

I liked Super 8 and I dont understand the hate it gets on this forum :shrug:

I don't remember much about it other than the ending was extremely trite and hacky

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spielberg is a hack and it had his grubby fingerprints on it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

like if you saw et you p much saw super 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

magic resistance 95% why would you cast fireball then

• Locked thread