Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
In theory the Occultist and the Plague Doctor would combo well together. Healer as well as an emergency healer who can stop bleeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sign me up as a Man at Arms or a Hellion. You'll probably go through those fast.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

It is through these haunted halls that you shall reclaim your birthright. Strike down these foul specters, unearth horrible secrets and track down the wretched form of your wastrel brother. Let the world know that this truly is... Luigi's Mansion.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I first ran into that shrine in a mission where I was supposed to purify some shrines

I hadn't run into any of the shrines yet, so I just presumed "oh hey, this must be the mission objective. Needs a torch, huh?"

It ended badly

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, I also suggest not modding attack names.

Do mod: status effect names, what happens when you are incurred with status effects, what happens when certain events (like scouting, a trap being set off, ect) go off, and so on

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, if we're not using the mod generally, at least bust it out when you're doing a dumb level short one mission grinding a bunch of dudes up because you just got your A-team killed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

double nine posted:

wait, about that sacrificial stone curio, in my notes it's

Have I been misinformed?
It's 50% stress, 25% purge negative quirk, 12.5% gain Warren Explorer and 12.5 gain Warren Scrounger.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

For the record, Highwang, you picked up like 12 food right at the beginning of the last mission.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Halser posted:

with a Jester you don't even need to camp for stress relief. Just find a few punching bags and stall that fight out until your party's ears are bleeding from all those ballads.
I've done this before and gotten reinforcements called on me, you can't dick around in fights too long

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, Riposte activates upon any attempt at damage, even if it's a miss or it does 0 damage.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

There are a few accessories that have minus bleeding chance as a drawback, and I'm pretty sure they reduce the Occultist's chance to gently caress over their own teammates.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A trifling pastry, but a pastry nonetheless.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Highwang posted:

New Update - Episode 33: Eat the Rich

Coming back from our thanksgiving break with more Darkest Dungeon, complete with boss fights, ill preparation, and still bad inventory management.
Hey, it's not our fault you ended up out of food. You had enough to finish the objective, right? Shoulda left after killing the boss with a full inventory and no food left.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

double nine posted:

my favorite is forgetting shovels. "Okay, I think I've got everything. Holy water and bandages for curios, food aplenty, two stacks obv, oh poo poo, almost forgot torches. Right, I think that's everything. Let's go!".

Queue 4 crumbling walls within 3 rooms.
I'm pretty sure I'd just abandon the mission the moment I walked up to the first wall and realized I lacked a shovel, presuming it's still early

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lazy Bear posted:

We'll shove you in the treatment ward for a few days. Get some leeches in there, you'll be good as new.
Bad news: the treatment ward doesn't have enough space

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Highwang posted:

Okay Let's take a look at the checklist:

-Not Sick
-No family events
-Holidays are over

Life has finally stabilized. Time to get back on schedule:

New Update - Episode 38: Looking toward the future

Today we hella date the video by looking at the future of Darkest Dungeon with the up and coming Crimson Court DLC. Also we're a bit more crazier than normal due to me finally recovering from a cold and also being super excited to finally get this going.
It's like you're asking for those food prompts to come up, Highwang. Done with the dungeon objective? Out of food? The only curios you haven't interacted with yet are clear across the floor? You could just end the mission, but nope!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Highwang posted:

New Update - Episode 41: The Swinetar Cometh

After a long-rear end wait, the LP finally catches up to the PS4 update content. We don't really see much of it now, mainly centered around QoL and minor HUD updates, however the next two episodes will feature the primary parts of the update.

Also, I don't know if I"m overreacting in the vid: Is the story of "Casey at the Bat" a common story? Its something I remember from when I was like 5, so I'm stunned that Chitlin is completely unaware of it.
It's a pretty common story, yeah, to the point of being parodied/given homage in a lot of TV shows and such

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sloober posted:

Eh, minor i think. Either just bring 8 (for 2x ration camp), or mod the inventory.txt file to increase the stack limits. I did that with a few things, mostly because the grind you get is partially forced on low inventory stack limits where you have to choose between x or y (and I don't consider that choice to be a compelling one considering it is entirely grind oriented, give up the gold or the artifacts etc..)
I wouldn't bother modding, sacrificing the two slots for a camp's worth of food is worthwhile when you consider that it's all you have to worry about, and those two slots are free afterwards. When you get into a long mission with two camps, you need three stacks, and that's a bit troublesome, but it just incentivizes you to camp early to free up one of the slots before your inventory gets too full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

DGM_2 posted:

No comment on how they did a 180 on removing random hunger procs? I admire your self-restraint, Highwang.

Anybody know why they cancelled that? If they already had it coded then why not at least leave it in as an optional feature?
Someone probably complained that the random hunger procs are part of what makes the game hard and everyone should just get good, and the developers mistakenly thought that opinion was shared by the community

• Locked thread