Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Iron Prince posted:

all this talk about abe and no one posted the thread where g0m mercilessly owned him for 30 days straight

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3578905

This was great.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
SA's Greatest Sagas: Deep Conspiracy

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Crocoswine posted:

for the love of god please reopen QCS this is loving unbearable

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
drat I used to love Neopets too.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

for the love of all that is holy

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

littleorv posted:

I heard there was neopetz going on here and I’m ready for this poo poo

Roll out!

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Y'all remember that doobie guy?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

littleorv posted:

Just for the record this was inflicted on me and I did not buy it myself.

its very powerful

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Pick posted:

ps. just kidding about hannibal, that show suck'd because the writing is off the freakin CHARTS bad, though the foo cinematography and gore are very nice. Hannibal is a rude man, being a therapist but also crashing crimescenes, especially having dood the crimes. wack bastard.

At least it gave us Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Thinking about replaying Death Stranding now.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Sorry off topic.

Anyone remember Redshirt?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

Doobie was an interesting person, but really, what about we talk about Trump.mp4 and the rest of the Trump Krew that used to populate GBS back when it got rebooted into the dire racist hive that was GBS 2.0.

I point out, in this instance, three different posters that started out with the self-indentifying avatars and gang-tags that made them out to be actual, or ironic, trump supporters: Ein Cooler Typ, OXBALLS DOT COM, and Trump.mp4

there were more that were part of that little group of shitposters, but as time went on, they started dropping like flies and some of their compatriots became a little bit more evenly kiltered as it became obvious that they'd be banned for saying horrible poo poo.

First was trump.mp4, a pro-trump shitposter that kept loving up threads constantly with his whinging, his final post looked like this:

Second was Ein Cooler Typ, another poo poo trumpposter that got perma'd when his response to issues in hawaii looked something like this:

Finally, we come to OXBALLS DOT COM, who, full disclosure, I had a run in with when he was making GBS threads on a thread made by Prester Jane. A vicious transphobe, he met his end posting disinformation regarding the ChristChurch mass shooting

i bring these up because I know there were a few other posters that posted with them back in the gbs 2.0 days that had trumpkrew avatars, and oddly enough some of them came out of the woodwork to shitpost in QCS in defense of FYAD's transphobia.

how very strange.

They sucked but not what I was going for.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Trump.mp4 was FAU's mortal enemy.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Neopets

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

Really because I find it interesting that when we see moments where out-and-out bigotry of a stripe rears its head on these forums, we find some relentlessly lovely people not far behind.

The leaders that get permabanned are usually different, but the supporting cast is the same tried and true individuals that show up and shitpost/concern troll or purposefully derail.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Anarchist Mae posted:

You. They're talking about you.

:goofy:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

you're new here, you wouldn't know a lot of folks that have been posting in support of these horrible things but, y'know, either ironically or using nice enough language to avoid being nuked by administrators gets them a pass most of the time.

obvious poo poo like Ein Cooler Typ's post gets them nuked from orbit, but I know of at least two trump krew holdovers that were posting in the QCS thread about FYAD's closure.

im a big baby bitch that decided to put them all on ignore like three years ago or so.

Sorry I was just trying to talk about Doobies Dog House.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Anarchist Mae posted:

gently caress off back to FYAD.

i have a positive post count. Let me post about SA's Greatest Sagas in peace please.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

oldpainless posted:

There’s only one real solution to all this: Lowtax, shut down the forums and free me from my 1000 year torment

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I'm literally not FYAD, so please stop berating me.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Anarchist Mae posted:

You literally are from FYAD.

That's NuFYAD, the forum that was created to be unbiggoted. I'm actually an Imp Zone poster.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

wait, what did i get framed for? when did i get framed?

You were refused your egg icon.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Sestze posted:

oh poo poo, imp zone, that's a good one to talk about too

who here remembers YCS, the fabled 186 forum on the somethingawful forums? Once upon a time, this fyad-lite was popular enough to be included as an easter egg in Fallout: New Vegas as a unique gauss rifle.

'cause I do. YCS was practically overrun with bigotry, slurs were practically a punchline to every single thread and the posting quality dropped like a loving rock. Posters in that subforum were a little elitist clique regarding who posted there, and eventually it was shuttered entirely, existing only as a meme within a videogame.

Teh Imp Zone was effectively a rebooting of YCS but without all that unfortunate bigotry that plagued it the first time around.

im glad you're contributing to the storied history of the SomethingAwful forums by posting in the video games fyad-lite whose zombified remains comes from one of the most unashamedly racist places on this entire forum.

Imp Zone is good

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Imp Zone literally did nothing. Please calm down.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

lol

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

FYAD isn't going anywhere. It never was. Asking to speak to the manager when corporate just told you your coupon is expired isn't going to change anything.

Every thread has been closed at this point except the goodbye thread.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress offffffffffffff

Can you please not be so toxic?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. NuFYAD was a place created to be without bigots. That was the whole point. I never posted in the old FYAD.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

gently caress off

Can you literally say anything other than this?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

razorrozar posted:

can you gently caress off?

What did I do?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Can you gently caress off?

I guess not, then.

Ruffini posted:

What did I do?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Side 1: a group that kinda just wants to exist

Side 2: a group that really wants the other side dead, mocked, doxxed, etc

You: "how about we meet somewhere in the middle and stop fighting? Can you be just a little bit dead, as a compromise?"

This is absolutely not the case. Any kind of person is accepted on these forums.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Queen Combat posted:

Tolerating intolerance (bigotry) is hypocritical. Cannot be a thing. That's what you're arguing for by telling the trans people to please stop when this poo poo is still going on.

jesus christ I was trying to say transpeople are absolutely welcome here. I just said stop saying gently caress off to everyone. What is wrong with you?

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Any gender/sexuality/ect is welcome here, just don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
I miss Everdraed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XpojLYBNyc