Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I imagine being a mod is like getting paid(?) to pick at a scab that grows back every day
they're not paid to dredge this particular septic tank

also the blue marking implies that they get to offer up, at most, a 6 hour probation and then a red star gets to audit the request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
There was the sad story of a goon that carried a printer a mile to a girl's house so she could print a document with the vain hope that he'd get laid. Instead, she met with her boyfriend and he got nothing but "thank you" from her.

Later, said goon killed himself.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Dumb Lowtax posted:

According to a mod in there, Cuntellectual is in the queue to be hopefully perma'd for today's stunningly embarrassing display of concern trolling to harass the trans thread, while unconvincingly and falsely claiming ignorance about what FYAD is.

But I'd like to just point out some context for this post by ArfJason.

Two FYAD posts from Cuntellectual this year and 3 more posts in 2016 (in the IK selection thread nonetheless) is precisely what it looks like when a FYAD regular accidentally leaves their alt account signed in while replying in the pink forum.

Obviously. A rando account that only literally only posts in games otherwise has no explanation for jumping in the Trans thread while claiming to know intimate details of FYAD drama.

Jack Daniels even immediately probed them both times in 2016, for accidentally using the wrong account. Going by their post history, it's the alt account that a FYAD regular used exclusively for games forum posting, to build up post history in there as their cover for whenever it was time to bring that alt out. Really basic online griefing trick. They hosed up once or twice but no one found those needles in a haystack until a mod decided to do a lot of manual digging after a serious callout.

You, a leading FYAD regular, know that this was a case of a FYAD alt account, and that it often happens that way by accident. Someone as close friends with the others likely knows exactly whose alt it was that just got got. Stop coming in here to bullshit the rest of us. Kindly show yourself the door and stay the gently caress out of these threads where you're constantly 100% manipulative, just like that poster in the Trans thread was today, instead of immediately barging in to do damage control for how their story gets retold.
Actually very good points, and it is something special that a group of FYAD regulars came in to shout this post down and post about neopets for five pages in an attempt to drop the conversation

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

scary ghost dog posted:

Yeah, those bigots are wily.
i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

Taylor Swift posted:

I miss when this was a comedy subforum

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

for the love of all that is holy
what, that was a thing that happened, a white nationalist had control of lowtax's gaming garbage discord for like a year and a half or something and straight up posted IE vaporwave memes

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

Y'all remember that doobie guy?
Doobie was an interesting person, but really, what about we talk about Trump.mp4 and the rest of the Trump Krew that used to populate GBS back when it got rebooted into the dire racist hive that was GBS 2.0.

I point out, in this instance, three different posters that started out with the self-indentifying avatars and gang-tags that made them out to be actual, or ironic, trump supporters: Ein Cooler Typ, OXBALLS DOT COM, and Trump.mp4

there were more that were part of that little group of shitposters, but as time went on, they started dropping like flies and some of their compatriots became a little bit more evenly kiltered as it became obvious that they'd be banned for saying horrible poo poo.

First was trump.mp4, a pro-trump shitposter that kept loving up threads constantly with his whinging, his final post looked like this:

Trump.mp4 posted:

Hey check it out, please ban me. I'll come back in 2018 to see if your website allows conservative viewpoints or not or at the very least to laugh at all the wailing in despair.

Thanks

EDIT: (nothing to do with this thread or the topic, seemed like a good place to post a banme though, that nazi girl has busted af teeth)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Second was Ein Cooler Typ, another poo poo trumpposter that got perma'd when his response to issues in hawaii looked something like this:

Ein Cooler Typ posted:

Hawaii solely exists as a tourist trap and strategic naval base in the Pacific Ocean. It's full of butthurt, poor "natives" (in reality, an unholy mish-mash of natives, Japanese, Portugese and blacks) who hate white people (or "haole" as they refer to us), and are furious that we brought civilization to their primitive, cannibalistic kingdom.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Finally, we come to OXBALLS DOT COM, who, full disclosure, I had a run in with when he was making GBS threads on a thread made by Prester Jane. A vicious transphobe, he met his end posting disinformation regarding the ChristChurch mass shooting

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Do you really think the best way to counter the dead-eyed madman chanting slogans is to chant different slogans?

i bring these up because I know there were a few other posters that posted with them back in the gbs 2.0 days that had trumpkrew avatars, and oddly enough some of them came out of the woodwork to shitpost in QCS in defense of FYAD's transphobia.

how very strange.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

They sucked but not what I was going for.
Really because I find it interesting that when we see moments where out-and-out bigotry of a stripe rears its head on these forums, we find some relentlessly lovely people not far behind.

The leaders that get permabanned are usually different, but the supporting cast is the same tried and true individuals that show up and shitpost/concern troll or purposefully derail.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Fucker posted:

im all for having that dumb lowtax post in every page of this thread, because it's completely insane and a very good argument as to why this whole thing has gotten way out of hand.
and I am all for your complete removal from the forums, user Fucker

after all, wasn't Taylor Swift's defense of their white nationalism "I thought this was a comedy website?"

not that you haven't fallen into that hole and used that justification before, no?

Fucker posted:

*crazily, while being dragged to the gallows* IRONY IS A RELATIVELY NORMAL AND WELL UNDERSTOOD CONCEPT!!! IT EXISTS, IT WASN'T MADE UP BY THE DEVIL!

somehow i think your attempts to paint everyone pointing out issues with FYAD posters as paranoid are not coming from a place of genuine concern.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?
you're new here, you wouldn't know a lot of folks that have been posting in support of these horrible things but, y'know, either ironically or using nice enough language to avoid being nuked by administrators gets them a pass most of the time.

obvious poo poo like Ein Cooler Typ's post gets them nuked from orbit, but I know of at least two trump krew holdovers that were posting in the QCS thread about FYAD's closure.

im a big baby bitch that decided to put them all on ignore like three years ago or so.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
you have already been involved in this to a degree where you've eaten bans in this thread for it

also i don't think im going to take you seriously regarding this issue

Slanderer posted:

i'm here to say that i would never--never--use the f-word.

instead, i use alternatives that empower the womanly aspect, such as "herselves", or "shemales"

thank's

only ate a sixer, too, truly a shame.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

oldpainless posted:

There’s only one real solution to all this: Lowtax, shut down the forums and free me from my 1000 year torment
jokey jokes aside, equivocations that said "close FYAD, TGRS and CSPAM" were abound from FYAD posters when they felt that their posting space was threatened.

"fine, you can take away our ability to say slurs, but also take away the spaces that allowed for that criticism of our space"

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

That's NuFYAD, the forum that was created to be unbiggoted. I'm actually an Imp Zone poster.
oh poo poo, imp zone, that's a good one to talk about too

who here remembers YCS, the fabled 186 forum on the somethingawful forums? Once upon a time, this fyad-lite was popular enough to be included as an easter egg in Fallout: New Vegas as a unique gauss rifle.

'cause I do. YCS was practically overrun with bigotry, slurs were practically a punchline to every single thread and the posting quality dropped like a loving rock. Posters in that subforum were a little elitist clique regarding who posted there, and eventually it was shuttered entirely, existing only as a meme within a videogame.

Teh Imp Zone was effectively a rebooting of YCS but without all that unfortunate bigotry that plagued it the first time around.

im glad you're contributing to the storied history of the SomethingAwful forums by posting in the video games fyad-lite whose zombified remains comes from one of the most unashamedly racist places on this entire forum.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Slanderer posted:

Please discuss this in QCS, thanks
the closure of QCS was a truly tragic event due to the tipping point of the recent drama involving rampant bigotry in FYAD, however some may say that it was a long time coming.

QCS itself had issues in the past with brigading, cheerleading, shitposting and general bad posting from FYAD members and FYAD rejects that would take honest criticisms of issues on the forums and shitpost until eventually most issues posted there were relatively unresolved. By simply being themselves in a less moderated subforum, FYAD posters got away with being able to smother criticism and derail any attempts at actually improving the SA forums.

QCS's closure was Smythe's doing, but with Smythe stepping down as an administrator in the wake of his somewhat lackluster statement regarding what was to happen to FYAD, it remains closed now as a testament to how coddled your average FYAD poster is, and the state of chaos and confusion that is plaguing our administrative team at this time.

I have a feeling QCS will be reopened, with new, stricter rules regarding brigading/shitposting, but finding someone willing to full-time moderate that part of the forums seems to be a relatively difficult thing to do.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

scary ghost dog posted:

If this sounds familiar, it’s because it’s happening again. The filth can never be washed off except with the cleansing flames of a total memory-holing. Simply recreating a bigoted forum with a new name will just allow the same bigots to post under new accounts with coded language.
are those tossed upon the funeral pyre forgotten, did the utter destruction and removal of nazi symbolism in Germany lead to that country making the same mistakes again?

simply ignoring the issues after a soft reboot simply solves no issues, the core issues remain unless the culture changes. If FYAD exists simply as a place to be an internet sociopath, why are we keeping that particular appendix?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

pog boyfriend posted:

modding QCS is immensely difficult because trying to stamp down on brigading is extremely hard to do unevenly. trying to strike a balance between giving everyone a voice and preventing a group of posters from drowning out the conversation was something i struggled with myself, and therefore i can not say there is an easy answer to the problem
ah but you see, pog boyfriend, you come to this strange conclusion that all posters are equal in value, and that all posters provide the same amount of content.

a bigot's voice is not worth the same amount as a victim's voice.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

scary ghost dog posted:

I’m agreeing with you. Restarting the subforum with “new rules” solves nothing; all traces of it need to be erased. The only way anyone should be able to learn about FYAD is by reading a carefully curated SApedia article about its bigotry.
Carefully curating it would actually be necessary as the cultural battleground that is FYAD has already sparked numerous wiki edits to the SomethingAwful wiki page accusing Koala's March of being an antifa commander aiming to take over the entire website to push it towards an SJW agenda.

I know most of what you're saying is meant to be taken as hyperbolic, but in all honesty, yes, FYAD shouldn't be here, the reasons why it isn't here anymore should be summarized in the SAclopedia, and we shouldn't make the same mistake again.
you can keep trying to drown people out by shitposting about neopets and hannibal for several pages, but it won't work.

this forum pioneered the very tactics you use for trolling.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ariong posted:

Are you talking about sestze’s post? They aren’t saying Imp Zone is bad. They’re saying Imp Zone is a revival of YCS, which loving sucked. Same concept (Games FYAD-lite) but without the bad poo poo.
thank you, I am making the point that there exists a lot of bigotry inside of the FYAD-lites, every time one was created for a subforum there was a teething period where the first iterations of it were hotbeds of some seriously nasty poo poo, and then were viciously pruned and restarted to remove that bigotry.

so when we look at the situation with FYAD, why is that different, why are they immune from the same process, other than being seen as special?

pog boyfriend posted:

no, that is not the intent of my post at all. i never even implied that at any point. all opinions are not equal in value. to give a classic example of what i was referring to, every time a thread about cspam would originate(with many users asking for more mods), the thread would devolve into people either discussing cspam as a forum, or discussing the politics of posters. this caused the thread to be filled with debates until it was locked.

similarly, when critique of gbs 2.0s misogynistic threads came out, many users from gbs came to defend it, creating the tired meme “dont like dont read”, an idea that criticism of a forum is irrelevant because its content is subjective and the site has no values. if the rule was to be stringently enforced that users from one specific subforum could not mob a thread for issues they care about, then... well, i am sure you get where i am going with this.
Timely intervention on the part of a moderator from that subforum explaining what they see would go a long way - a lot of moderation has been done in the dark up to this point.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Burt Sexual posted:

This probably isn’t the thread to restart this.
remember when you probated me for stating that nothing would change, and that the same things would happen due to FYAD's underlying culture not changing

I wish to point out that I was right.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

Can you please not be so toxic?
Ruffini, you've been callously dismissing all of the things I've said for pages regarding the issues present with FYAD.

that being said holy poo poo, FYAD is really having a mass closure of threads

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

pog boyfriend posted:

this is in theory a good idea, but suppose someone wanted to criticize the mod of the motorcycle forum. as a subforum mod or ik for qcs, are we to close the forum down and wait for the cool motorbike mod to ride in and post their take before reopening it? in that case, discussion of systemic issues would have all of their power given to the mods to decide which discussion is and is not permitted.

this is, of course, assuming it would be timely. the motorbike mod might have some bike stuff they have to do, and can not respond to the forum. should we require the volunteer mods be ready to post in QCS at all times, phoning them in real life? this solution does not seem feasible to me.
systemic issues could be posted with a different tag if you wanted it to be like an open reports forum

I said it'd be nice if the moderators of that subforum stopped by to post about the thread or subforum in question regarding what's happening (or if there's any issue present).

if it's a single issue, a report would be fine, but QCS seems like it would be for improvements and systemic problems.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sharkopath posted:

It seems really unjust and that this whole issue with the forums is becoming more about a small clique of posters crushing minor dissent, even among posters who agree with them ideologically, in a bit of an ironic mirror to what fyad used to do. It's getting to me and it feels like nothing will be resolved anytime soon.
first: arfjason is a person I have seen poo poo up numerous QCS threads in the past, and even said that he was leaving to skullmund back when we banned dad gay so what. he has been a terrible poster consistently.

second: you're making one of the worst false equivalencies I've ever seen that relies on bigotry from fyad and trying to stop bigotry from transposters as the same drat thing. this false equivalency was used to claim, from various FYAD posters, that TGRS and CSPAM should be shut down.

so no, sharkopath, i think you're wrong.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

disagreed with them
hey can you explain why you used this horrendous cliche that I often see from alt-right douchebags on twitter every time I pointed out the existence of white nationalists in law enforcement

Spanish Manlove posted:

when you think every windmill is a dragon, all you're going to find are dragons.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

This is absolutely not the case. Any kind of person is accepted on these forums.
are you sure, I posted three separate sagas involving fascists in our midst, as well as there were banned transphobes, TERFs and ironic bigots in TGRS that say otherwise.

seems that we were a place that was tacitly accepting these people up until we pointed out they existed, then they were quietly (or loudly) pushed out and forgotten about as we all joined hands together in harmony.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

it's a loving don quixote reference because the whole spanish gimmick. jesus you're loving stupid
yes but that's a justification I've seen that boils down to "ya'll are just paranoid, there aren't any bigots in FYAD"

except there were, there might still be for all I know, and there certainly were a lot of them in GBS 2.0, YCS, LF and other fyad-lites in the past. Whether or not they got immediately chased off the forums instead of accepted with open arms is the issue here.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

ArfJason posted:

i know ive said you made poo poo up but a) i was one of the people saying that poster sucked donkey balls and b) i said they should all go to their lovely offsite so that they'd leave these forums.

really cool how you can make poo poo up about people and its all kosher lmfao
no I'm pretty sure you were posting a bunch of whiny stuff in QCS a while back, might be confusing you with someone else

but you've got literal pages of concern trolling probations, everyone's aware of your shtick.

Spanish Manlove posted:

There loving were, but you still keep accusing literally every loving person now because you saw a wolf.
I didn't accuse anyone, I simply pointed out there were some specific people that were kramering in to defend old fyad and lament nufyad, i pointed out the teething issues we've had in the past regarding gbs 2.0, so on, and I don't think a month closure and a handful of bans will change the underlying culture of FYAD.

Want to know why? FYAD posters keep showing up in various threads and posting transphobic garbage (except they're lone wolves, not actual fyadposters, obv). Ironic posting about trans rights and otherwise post nufyad opening, plenty of whinging about CascadeBeta, too.

There was a way to walk away from this with FYAD intact, but it seemed that the last twenty or so posters from that subforum could not handle a slight change to their rules.

Sestze has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Jan 4, 2020

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

good i don't want to be if this is how people act when others try to help them.
"you weren't explicitly nice to me so now i won't be an ally"

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

woozy pawsies posted:

every single one of your posts is concern trolling
that's assuming i don't care, woozie, noted FYAD poster.

i do, i think this forum is better without FYAD, and I have believed that for at least ten years now.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sharkopath posted:

I'm having trouble parsing that exact post and please understand I'm not trying to bully you, but if what the post is implying is that Arf and Cuntellectual are the same poster besides just me there are plenty of people who can vouch that they are very different people with different posting styles and in fact seem to be in different hemispheres.
patently absurd, they simply said cuntellectual was an alt account of someone, not that he's an arfjason alt account

that's how I read it, at least. Arfjason kramering in when cuntellectual got probated was weird, and that he went to bat for a guy with a handful of fyad posts and a ton of games posts screams "this is someone's alt account", not "this is arfjason sockpuppeting to protect his alt account"

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

people are accusing anyone of being from fyad for thinking this is all getting insane, and people are being incredibly loving stupid and argumentative for no reason at this point other than just being overly dramatic at this point.
that's definitely not true, the people spreading the "oh why are they spreading so much drama, can't we all just play nice" narrative are FYAD posters, or they're people I've pointed out as being shitters in the past - ex (or current) trump krew folks, bigots, so on.

there's plenty of solidarity from people that believe that FYAD has been a problem and needs to go. The only reason anyone would think otherwise is the almost instantaneous kneejerk reaction from a host of people looking to derail, concern troll or drown out criticism of FYAD within any thread we discussed this issue in.

it's literally why QCS was shut down, it's why the FYAD refugee containment thread became so probation heavy for non-fyad posters that came in to protest aberrant behavior (like me, but others as well), and now you're trying the same trick with this thread.

the only fly in the ointment was that the attempts to do so in TGRS ended up with a set of nasty probations and bans because there aren't a set of moderators there willing to simply set aside discussion for the sake of decorum.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

woozy pawsies posted:

what about when they lied about certain posters being from fyad??? then followed it up with a "Nonetheless,!"
any time I've said anyone is from FYAD, or anyone is supporting old FYAD and the bigotry there, you and others like you have been there to no true scotsman my statement stating that I needed a staggering amount of evidence to prove that they were posters in FYAD as well as truly a bigot.

there were no lies, I simply pointed out someone that was supporting FYAD's crusade against transpeople on SA posted on KF. I don't feel i need to make the distinction between the various branches of pro-fyad cliques on the SA forums, but apparently there's people in it for the sweet ironic humor, and people in it for the sociopathic bigotry.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

it was a legitimate issue but presented in such a loving dorky, insane way that more people than me wanted to make fun of it. People with your same ideological values can disagree with you on things, it happens.
a subforum known for being troll-friendly and the genesis of many modern trolling tactics using said tactics to silence criticism against them is not an insane crackpot theory, it's kneejerk defensive posting from a bunch of caged rats.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

littleorv posted:

Personally all I think you would need to do is show that they posted in FYAD regularly
alt accounts exist, and even if you post someone that was clearly someone that posted in FYAD, like spb (he's literally #2 on the FYAD leaderboard despite being banned at this time), they're immediately disowned and considered someone terrible that shouldn't have been posting there anyways

the top three posters in FYAD, from one of your own threads, was two variants of general anime (permabanned for saying transphobic poo poo in the wake of FYAD's closure) and spb (banned for saying transphobic poo poo and trying to stir up drama in the fyad refugee thread)

those are people who regularly posted to a degree where the next most prolific poster was like, half of spb's posts. no attempts to self-correct with any of those people before or after old fyad's closure.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Ruffini posted:

im confused, post from 2017, and banned in 2019?
he was banned for concern trolling in this very thread regarding this issue, I simply looked at his rap sheet and, oh look, transphobia right there, guess he might have a reason for wanting that sort of behavior to be normalized.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

littleorv posted:

Not trolling: I legit do not understand this post
i did what many fyad posters told me to do and started lurking in FYAD to see if there were in fact transphobic posts, and it was interesting because someone posted a screenshot of postcount leaderboards for FYAD, and "littlest anime", "space anime" and "spb" were all the top posters in FYAD. By a wide margin. Post banning.

I'd find you said post but it seems that the closure and moving of all FYAD threads seems to be so that finding these pieces of information would be made more difficult, after all, the current IK of FYAD said it best:

Crime on a Dime posted:

the less threads there are the more grey forums lurkers. a hint of drama and they are frothing for it lol

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
buddy i don't have platinum anymore due to being banned for effectively calling out OXBALLS DOT COM in a thread where he was flaming Prester Jane for being trans.

im not gonna spend any more money on this website until the bigot problem is resolved.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pick posted:

I'm upset that people asked for Neopets expertise and then shat all over it, despite me having a good memory and being really familiar with that game during a critical point in its relevant timeframe and then acting like it's trolling to provide content about topics being discussed.
i thank you for contributing to a derail that was seized upon to once again bury statements that criticize FYAD. Truly spectacular.

these are the people that relentlessly made fun of you for your personal story threads, all of your personal baggage you left out in the open they mocked you for, and you're gladly playing along with them as if you're best pals forever.

very smart.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

professor metis posted:

I'm pretty sure the only fyad poster who's trolling the thread right now is scary ghost dog, which is honestly pretty funny because they're doing the exact opposite of smothering the discussion.
we're 100% aware of what they are doing, it's not subtle, it's just the same sort of "agree but provide a hyperbolic solution to make you look stupid" type thing we've seen in the FYAD refugee camp and QCS.

"where will it stop, they're never going to stop the circular firing squad against their own people" was an honest statement said by a FYAD poster today, and I have to admit, stooping to an absolutely absurd slippery slope is about normal for them.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pick posted:

It's not stupid to be willing to be honest about yourself even if you get ridiculed for it, and gently caress you for acting like I'm stupid for acknowledging that I'm a silly, weird person.
I think it is unwise to provide a vehicle for and allying with people who have shown you zero respect in the past.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

UCS Hellmaker posted:

uuuhhhh what. hell wouldnt that get you banned anyways for homegrown if you did it and posted? let alone run out of the forums in tears? (which would have been the point regardless)
he was banned for homegrown, I saw the picture back when it was posted, dick in mouth holding a tag with his username on it with his toe, iirc.

or that might be some other random self-fellation that was posted on somethingawful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pick posted:

I'm not allying with anyone else, you're the ones who are claiming that, I've never been on anyone's side expect myself which is why I'm disliked as a poster.
i don't dislike you, but I would prefer you to not be the genesis of and perpetuate a dual derail when we're discussing something like this, you're making it easier for FYAD posters to drown out criticism.