Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
We're now three months from the election. Don't forget to never forgive your friends and family for supporting Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The Never Forgiving Your Friends and Family for Supporting Trump FAQ

Q: Should I forgive them when Hillary wins?

A: No. They must know isolation and misery unto death, or this will keep happening because it's "just politics."

Q: But they babysit my kids!

A: They'll turn your kids evil.

Q: But they paid for my college!

A: I don't care

Q: But Thanksgiving will be really awkward!

A: You know what's awkward? Getting murdered by obese paramilitaries, whom your Trump-worshiping friends and family are in love with.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 1, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

What if my mom thinks Hillary is shifty but hasn't voted in years?

Can I still have a mom? I really like her.

Why do you like your Trump-loving mom? *puts you in the same category as your mom*

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

We now have video evidence of the Trump baby incident, edited brilliantly into a Vine: https://vine.co/v/5AFAzwhubeZ

Trump is funny, that's one thing he's always had going for him.

I really hope people aren't trying to run with this like it's a gaffe. It's a joke. We have plenty (an incredible amount, the most ever) of stuff to go on, there's no need to try and distort meaningless stuff like this into a gotcha. Stay focused people!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FetusSlapper posted:

This picture: has cheered me up more than any amount of alcohol so far today.

Holy crap is that kid holding his phone in landscape mode?

There's hope for the future.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ice Phisherman posted:

All right, I had a bet with a friend of mine Trump v. Clinton for a hundred bucks. This was months ago when I bet that Trump would blow up harder than the democrats could get in their own way. Normally we get along and it was his bet to put my money where my mouth was in regards to this election because I was telling him in no uncertain terms how bad of a train wreck would he would be. We talk politics constantly and while we disagree often about politics we're normally congenial which is weird in these days of echo chambers.

Would offering him to buy me out for twenty bucks and a six pack that we can share condescending? I really don't want to be condescending, but at this point when Trump is making fun of dead veterans, attacking their families, dissing babies, not supporting Ryan or McCain and generally being a loving mess everywhere I can't see him spinning this back in his favor. I'm not sure if any amount, big or small, of the dems tripping over their own dicks can sink this election for them.

Should I let it ride or have a hard talk about it?

This is the problem with liberals, you don't know how to gloat in victory.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Luna Was Here posted:

If you don't have pride in your country then I dunno move or something I guess? Maybe don't talk about the politics for said country in said country's politics thread? I dunno, every time I hear someone talking about how people taking pride in their country or like wearing the country's flag on a shirt is stupid or pointless just seems like you're being pessimistic for no reason. Like have you ever been to a group outing of like 100+ people? Sometimes being loud as gently caress about who you are can be fun

Nobody said it wasn't fun. NSDAP rallies were no doubt super fun.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

No that's just Trump's jungle pubes.

"Gadsen flag shot away by cannon fire"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hmm my prediction of Trump dropping to 25% and freaking out in public is looking less flippant by the hour.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Reminder that Trump honestly considers New York and California as battleground states.

The idea that the worlds of entertainment and finance will reject him is too much for his narcissism to bear.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

Besides the feel-good nature of crushing the opponent, especially one as crazy as Trump, is there a strategic advantage to trying to win every states as possible? If you told me that a president winning a state has a cascading impact on local / state races (i.e. Democratic president wins, and they vote straight-ticket D), I'd probably believe it, but I guess I'm looking for the evidence.

Right now Hillary has pretty much the votes needed, and is going for other states. I'm just curious if it's worth the money to spend on all of that advertisement.

It could be argued that Mondale's crushing loss had a psychological effect on Democrats that caused them to undermine their own philosophy. I hope something like that happens.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

I love how that tweet still insists that the money plane is real and that the controversy is just over whether or not there's video of it.

I also saw the Soul Plane. African-American businesses great to see! #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
In potentially symbolic news, Ross Perot's flag is safe.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Somehow, I can't believe he brought up the baby again

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Somehow there are still 94 days until the election

Look at that picture. Is this family living inside a cult 90s TV show about a terrible inventor dad and his wacky schemes?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
There's going to be a lot of shame to pass around after Trump's defeat, and people slinking off to become standard opposition Republicans with no reference to Trump. But the crazy ones, the ones who would have voted for Alex Jones, might cause a stir. I think we'll be looking at a few real dummy spree shooters (which, who knows if they would have seized onto something else if not for Trump), and unfortunately a few real gung-ho intrepid autodidact terrorists like Timothy McVeigh.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The comments for that first article is full of fake christian zombies posting whoppers about the Clintons, some of which I've never heard before:

quote:

“A woman of faith”?! By her own admission she “dabble” in witchcraft. She threw a Bible at someone, supports abortion, is a lesbian, worked for the Rose Law Firm, a money-laundering operation connect to cocaine smuggled into the Mena Airport, Arkansas. She was fired, by a liberal no less, from the Watergate investigation for lying. She and Bill have been connected to the deaths of 47 individuals, plus threatenings, falsely imprisonments, and have had others take a “fall” for her and Bill. She’s a chronic liar, has been involved in scandals from Whitewater, Cattle Futures, Travelgate, Benghazi, etc. to her email mismanagement, some being destroyed, deleted. She was a total failure as Secretary of State, making our nation and the world less safe, thus more dangerous. Behind the scenes, she’s vulgar, dictatorial, and self-centered. The Clinton Foundation is a noted source of influence-buying. Etc., etc, etc.! View the “Clinton Chronicles” on YouTube, it’s heavily documented. Also view “Hillary Clinton Exposed, Movie She Banned From Theaters Full Movie” The channel is awash with fact-supported documentary-videos about her and/or Bill. Then there’s Dinesh D’Souza’s current movie, “Hillary’s America”. And Google search! Evidence, documented evidence(!), is rife concerning her and/or Bill, the demonic due. She supports the NWO, the one-world government of Antichrist. Larry Nichols, a former Clinton associate and misdeed doer, stated when he first met Hillary, she was smelly and unkempt, wearing a sign about her neck, stating, “I Am A Communist.” Meanwhile, Bill was in the ladies restroom with a waitress, doing what Bill does. You’re either gravely naive or self-deceived. She “was raised in a church”–so were Hitler and Stalin! Your point is moot! You query about “wonder[ing] why we are so willing to extending God’s grace and lack of lack of judgment to Trump but not to Hillary.” Her “lack of judgment” is calculated, Mr.Trump’s is not. God’s grace was extended to Judas Iscariot. By all indications, Hillary is America’s Judas, selling out our nation to line her pocket. P.S. For edification, I write this reply to you, Sue, and all who have been deceived by the lies of her and minion and a compliant media. Please wake up. In Christ, Allen.

She had a literal sign around her neck saying "I Am A Communist" and she was stinky and Bill was fornicating in the ladies' room. This happened and was not a political cartoon or something.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Snowden is no hero. He's a hypocrite. He's not even a whistleblower, whistleblowers go through channels.

Yeah, this again. Criticizing somebody for refusing to be imprisoned forever or assassinated. Let me care about this opinion.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

Didn't he actually try to go through the correct channels initially, with exactly the result you describe?

Yeah but you see, now the correct channel is going to prison and he's not doing that.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

He committed treason and deserves to be jailed for life or executed. Being a traitor and giving state secrets to our enemies should not just be let off with a slap on the wrist.

Look at all this pointless obedience.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea it's fun to play pretend

You're right, they'll desperately and avidly reconcile themselves to it well before she is elected.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

rscott posted:

What do you mean, they already have

The most annoying thing to me about Trump's campaign is how it will set expectations as low as they can be for the Hillary administration. Whatever she does, there will always be sycophants who whine "I suppose you would have preferred Donald Trump."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Bad Moon posted:

I completely understand about having zero good options in that case but man, Putin's Russia? Just drat.

Very few other countries actually have the power and interest to protect him.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Just to keep everything in perspective about the "short circuit" thing, when there was some kind of a threat at a Trump rally, he almost knocked the podium over in terror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNelSuoHzlI

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Rygar201 posted:

I though the worst thing about his campaign was emboldening white nationalists across the country, but hey I guess a liberal being snide with you is just as bad.

Well it's possible and appropriate to violently suppress white nationalists, whereas this lowering of standards will be more permanent.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

Okay, even if Snowden is supposedly not a traitor what did his release actually do?

Nothing you'd like.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

Are you that poster who pretends to be a black guy to give your posts more weight?

You just said the secret word!!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

It's not great that she can't seem to be able to put the emails to bed, or rather, keeps stepping into it in awkward ways. She probably knows and feels personally that the whole thing is bullshit and essentially saw Comey's statement as vindication but she needs to find a better tone to approach the issue. Given that this is the only chink in her armour I hope the campaign spends time honing the response.

I guess part of it is that the media clings onto it because there's nothing else while Trump is a walking disaster.

The chink in her armor is that she lies casually and later when it's time to "clarify her statement" she never gives any indication that she comprehends what truth is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Are the basement dwelling Snowden/Assange apologists still here?

Not like panopticon police state apologists. They live in the attic.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

UberJew posted:

she's an actual no poo poo communist tho and is still insignificant in politics on every level ofc

Real communists believe in science

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

Please don't burn people's private property, even if you think it's ugly tia.

People are very passionate. They're tremendously, tremendously passionate.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/SouthLoneStar/status/762355369855311873

Whoa this looks legit to me. Can't believe the Black Panthers have come forward in time 40 years to spray paint that on white peoples churches.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

"But we're Christians and Jews!"

I was thinking this would undermine the "ISIS persecutes Christians" narrative but Trump voters probably think they're not real Christians anyway. They're too...something.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

Going to put a sign on the wall that reads: "You must be this Mike Pence to enter."

I'm the closeted neighbor from American Beauty. Can I enter?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
This election is like "larry klayman, roger stone and paul manafort; sa, the tigers who had been concealed in the bamboo have burst out onto the veranda"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Spiffster posted:

that may be but watch it keep going lower

:sad:

Look at Utah, cradled all around and from beneath by more progressive..."zesty" states. Go ahead and lower yourself into that pocket Utah. You know how you have wanted to do it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

Are we sure there's not a non-democratic system we can use

No because Trump can't win

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I wonder what Donald Trump will allow us to discover has no consequences tomorrow?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

glowing-fish posted:

Or else I don't understand US politics and the line tomorrow is going to be "Media distortions, Benghazi, job creators, traditions, e-Mail servers"

I think you understand US politics real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Grouchio posted:

Speaking of Police officers being poorly trained as gently caress, here's a Floridan officer who just accidentally got shot dead during a training exercise.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37036848

An officer? A random civilian woman was killed by an officer.

• Locked thread