Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Used to played this lots last winter, but took a break for around 6 months. Is there a guild I can apply to? Just looking for something chill without forced CR requirements (too busy nowadays).

Acct name is Uguu and Acct level is 76 or so. I'm sure all my stuff is mega out-dated but I still got a 36 rudy and bunch of 40s and handful of lords/7Knights.

Few questions

Is awakening heroes out yet
How does this awaken weapon thing work?
Accessories - where do you farm them from?
How does World boss/Tower of abyss work?

Also Arena - whats the choice comp nowadays?
Used to run Velk/Ruri (40) back / Rudy (36) Del (32) Nia (40) Lucy/Alice (40) and that was good enough to hit like Top 50 back then but I have no clue now. I got a few 6* selector for coming back is there someone I should pick for Arena? (I have a 40 Shane/ Lina / Lucy for PvE stuff already)

Edit: First Fusion was a 5* Wukong, they really want me to stay :v:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Thanks alot for the information. Really appreciated.

Surprised to hear Rudy is not that hot in pvp anymore. He's been staple in the Korean server forever even after Awaken Dellon last time i checked.

Anyone got a guild willing to take in a dude thats been out of it for 6 months :v:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

AFAIK Tanking isn't strong in the meta right now for two main reasons:
- Damage output is very high because of combos like Rin+Karma+Pascal, everyone tends to blow up in 1-2 hits unless they've got auto-guard or void shield or immortality. Plus, you can't rely on formation buffs and setups due to Rin's active skill.
- Pascal's Titan skill does 2000 fixed damage and removes buffs and pierces which has a tendency to wipe Rudy right out of the match.
- We're lacking on some of the later defensive skill types KR has, like HP shields or better void shield actives and such.

Good rule of thumb to remember is that Global is nothing like KR at this point, aside from being like a year behind them, they're deliberately changing all of the heroes around to be different. So KR guides won't help much here.

Some effort posts I've done:
Guide to Shields, Buffs, Debuffs, and their Counters
Current 6* Selector Guide (For Heroes, 7K, and 4L)
Hero Selector Guide by Elemental Type

From Reddit:
Reddit World Boss Guide
Reddit Tower of Abyss Guide
Reddit Newbie Guide (Warning: Lots of out of date stuff in here)

Makes sense. Climbing the pvp ladder again and just getting carried by the fact that I have near perfect weapons on everyone :v:

I still remember how all the buffs and stuff work but the world boss / Abyss stuff is brand new to me. So I'll read up on those thanks!

Should I just look at reddit for some random open guild to join? Used to be in some top guild but apparently they merged with Valor and I doubt they want a old scrub like me

edit: Are world boss entry daily or weekly?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 14, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Clawtopsy runs the SA guild, I think there's a waitlist but we also only have 29 people right now so I'm not sure what's up. Most of us are pretty new though, so that part is up to you.

World Boss entries are "per-season", which is a badly translated way of saying each 3-4 day cycle (see the Time Remaining bar on the main WB page). So at the end of every boss cycle, you get points based on your score, and then it rotates to the next boss and you get another set of entries.

Thanks again, applied to Sloven Knights

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clawtopsy posted:

Welcome aboard!

Also it seems the 'sort by last login' feature doesn't actually work super well, as we had three nerds who hadn't logged in in 10+ days hiding in our ranks. THEY HAVE BEEN PURGED.

Kemito
Ineptitude
Wassbix

MAYke your presence known!

also we had someone called uguu (level 74) apply to the guild is that any of you nerds

I'm uguu

Edit: I'm sitting on something like 2k Rubies left over from way back. I noticed there are new masteries. Should I unlock those first? I know that was the going recommendation back then.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 15, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep, get all Masteries unlocked ASAP. The last one is just +20% damage, it's totally silly.

Is there any new fangled way to grind rubies or is it still just run 2-10 with 3 fodders?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The best place to grind Rubies specifically is 7-9 running a 4 fodder setup (typically with Jave on point). It's fairly safe since the Sarahs have no attack skills and their debuffs don't effect Jave.
Besides that, 7-10 is still fine for 3 fodder farming for the boss monsters.

Less efficient for rubies but better for gold you can farm whatever World 8 level you can safely handle. It takes about 10 keys to get fodder to 30 instead of 7 though, and it's much harder obviously. But it pays out a lot more gold (like 6-9k per key as opposed to ~3k) and only drops 3* fodder and 4-6* items.

E: Should also mention, 7-9 is the most key efficient of the bunch. But if you're specifically looking for what's the most time efficient, that would be World 8 generally (since it's only 2 rounds, and you only have to run it 5 times).

Pascal is now available in selectors. God help us all.

Mao Song also getting an update (still waiting on Feng Yan??):

Dual Blade Slasher (Sharp Sword)
Attacks an enemy with 300% Physical Attack on 1 enemy. Additionally, Inflicts 500% of Physical Damage (as Bleeding) for 2 turns and removes all buffs.

Stone Destroyer (Heavier Stone)
Inflicts 180% Physical Damage on 4 enemies. Stuns the enemy for 2 turns at a certain rate.
Additionally, inflicts damage equal to 25% of enemy’s max HP.

Tiger Skin Armor (More solid)
Becomes immune to all damage for 3 turns. Additionally, protects all allies from being stunned and immunes to cooldown increase for 4 turns.

E: Apparently we are #4 ranked on Eileen Easy today right now with only 18 participating. :v:

I was wondering why my fodder took so long to level and i realized it's cause im not guild'd :(

Just wondering the boost function (increase reward for more keys) is that worth doing ever? It's a new function for me.

Also is world 9/10 worth grinding for the jewel/accessories or is that a trap?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep.

Jam is STILL the best DPS character in the game after like ~4 months of other poo poo getting buffs, if that tells you anything. If I hadn't just started playing the game at that point I probably would have tried to at least get her to 32, she's nutso good but she desperately needs jewels to really get going.

Someone apparently soloed a level 99 raid boss with her. SOLOED.

Couldn't tell you why NA/Global gets screwed so hard by comparison to KR/JP releases of these kinds of games. If I had to wager a guess, I would suspect that it's because they perceive their being so many less whales in Global/NA so they crank up the prices to try and milk the whales they have as much as possible. Which likely causes the exact opposite effect they desire in reality, by making far less people likely to spend small amount of money on the game. See Also: The history of PC gaming and rise of Steam Sales.

KR collab units being finable is newish there as well iirc. It started with a bleach collab that had extremely overpowered PvP units with extremely low rates and non-finable. It basically broke the Arena and people including whales were supeeerr pissed. It was big enough that they had to release a huge apology with future promise not to do anything like that cause top guild ppl started boycotting.

I could be wrong, I'm going off 2nd hand of what my friends who play in KR told me.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Event tomorrow http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=208&id=606709

Tons of old costumes on sale and some new ones as well. New hero Sera looks like a winner for NMW.

Which costumes to buy though, so many good ones...

Seems like no good free event.

400 Topaz for a 7k sounds sorta tempting. Sitting on 700 from old arena top 50 days.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Depending on your current placement you totally should!
After the last ladder reset I struggled to leave the 2000 baseline with him, even though I was able to climb to 2100-2200 beforehand. After switching him out with my Ace I managed to settle on Diamond 3 14 hours before the season ends. Pretty happy about that 400 point climb!
I think it's the AOE buff removal instead of the single target one. Maybe at max rank he's outclassed again but in my vincinity everyone's running zombiechars. Cleansing all those Giparangs feels really good.

I was wondering how Arena turned so difficult (stuck in 2600-2800) after coming back from a long long break. Then i realized awakened weapons are out :v:

Pascal is 40 Giprang should be 40 in a few days then I get to work start on Sera.

Few question for people that are up to date on stuff!

WB: Whose important to have?

So far I made a lvl 30 Jake/Asura/Xiao anyone else I need? - I could buy a Rachael for 400 topaz (is that worth it?)
Also, who do you use for Magic Dmg when Physical damage is nulled? I can't really find anyone that looks decent except Jam (who is collab and i missed it)

Farming:
Any of the World 8 to 11 worth farming? Do people still farm Ace in W8 or has that been removed? Been just grinding away at World 2-10 and 7-9

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Got Gipang and Pascal to 40 with the unlocks and it's helping out alot in PvP.

So far running Gip/ Ruri / Spike (30) / Dellons (30) and Pascal

I don't have a Teo Lin or Karma. Anyone got recommendations for replacements? I have a 38 Rudy from Feb when tank comps were king, but he feels pretty useless now. Other special units are a 32 Wu and 32 Ace.

Edit: What are people doing mostly to get the lords? Fusions or pulls? When I played no one pulled for them cause rates were so rear end, anything change on that front?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 26, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
KR 7k Leveling methods are completely different than ours so I doubt we'll have the downgrade thing (even in kr if you use a 6* you have 100% to go +1)

We're apparently getting the new awakening method which is running X character's shard dungeon and its 300 of either common shards + character specific shards. Which means you'll need a pretty good team to run thru Daily dungeon esque dungeons.

also I cant hit the 3k rubies needed for the event sadness I guess i'll just finish my masteries and stockpile rubies for the next event.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Anyone got tips for an efficient way to level up your fodder? I've been doing 7-1 hard mode with moderate success, but I always have a few runs where one of the stupid fodders just gets chain killed over and over.

2-10 with 1 front and 4 back (7-9 is safer but less fodder diversity)

my setup is

back row : 3 fodders + velika
front : Ace

Wave 1: use Ace AOE
Wave 2 +3: use Velika AOE

your fodder can die once and still hit 30 at the same time so its really nice for sync'd leveling

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well it wouldn't be a patch day without them completely breaking arena and making it essentially non-functional. They completely hosed up Immortals somehow and they just randomly don't get any actions at all until they die.

Better still, they hosed with the 5xAoE immunity and now it just straight up makes you invincible. Lotta fun just swinging like 5 skills at Pascal and him taking 0 damage the whole time.

Oh they are also obvious loving with stat weighting again or just royally hosed up something because I'm getting gibbed for like 5 digit damage by literally everything.

Masteries got buffed?

String errors in Mastery Skill have been fixed.

-Offensive Mastery skills of Lv.10/Lv.35/Lv.110 which are related to the increase of Physical and Magic

Attack have been corrected.

5->10, 10->20, 20->40 (%)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's interesting but sounds like it was just a text fix, not actually buffing what they do? What I'm seeing is definitely not an 'everyone does more damage' because my team is definitely doing way less. I'm guessing either a bug with Pascal's active or someone hosed up a stat calculation while they were mucking with them. Either way I've lost literally all of my PvP points trying to figure it out sooooo.

The 5xAoE immunity thing is confirmed on Reddit, it's applying to all AoE immunities apparently, pierce no longer beats them. Intentional or bug? If intentional, well, Pascal just got 300% more completely broken than before.

:downs: oh my god Rachel's Respawn is just ... what is it even going on right now :downs:

Awoken Karin did not get her ailment clear which makes her a little less appealing. Evan seems more useful overall anyway, but yeah that's 100 runs of Hard difficulty to even get one of them, uhg.
E: The debuff immunity on revive would be pretty decent for Kris day maybe.

This is the most reliable team I've found for Evan's Hard dungeon so far: Rachel | Spike, Karma, Eileen, Pascal
All of those being critical pieces, and also contingent on having a fairly strong Rachel (2k+ attack). Pretty reliable though, just pop Pascal's immunity and Rachel's Phoenix on the second round, then keep using her single target attack when it's up. Using Karma or Pascal to counter all the buffs.

E: Jesus this patch is just insanely broken. People reporting procing speed attacks on Counters, and the skill priority system being completely overridden randomly (ie other team with less speed going first, other team getting 2-3 skills in a row).

E2: Buff duration not decreasing at all on Pascal's buff either. Pretty sure the game has completely broken and has no concept of which player is supposed to be effected by what at this point. Server just crashed or went down as well.

I'm not getting any of these things, except pascal's AOE shield blocking pierce?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

What's the go to for gearing Feng? Should I go speed or lethal?

spd/spd counter/counter for max dps.

Hard Evan Dungeon takes me 4-5 min per run and I need to do this 100 times aaaaaaaaaaa

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Should get Feng and Evan to 40 tonight

Sera and Karin at 38/36 needs to finish them off afterwards.

Any guesses on the next awakening dudes?

Any tips on world bosses would help, I cant seem to do poo poo to ID. Maybe its due to not having a Rachel :(

basically im just wondering how people are getting like 500k score

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 17, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Raid Bosses still mega bugged.

NWM the suicide mobs have 10 speed and they will go first for some reason? Got an amazing score of 1 point thanks to that.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Wow you aren't kidding, it's not even the auto-skill bug that's been going on. They straight up go first no matter what.

BTW it doesn't matter what the minions' speed is, it just matters the total speed of each team. But that only puts the enemy team at 240 speed and I had almost 260 on mine. So I'm guessing it's NM loving with people again by putting speed boosters on the boss and not listing them, not the first time they've done stuff like that for certain.

Apparently, its auto skill + shane thats the bug (if you turn off auto skill you wont have it happen). It can't be a speed thing cause the little dudes have a whopping 10 speed.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Wondering if any of the boxes beside the Jewel/Accessories are worth it. Doesn't seem that way at the moment?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I probably should have converted all of my Rubies into keys while they were on sale, need thousands of the things between trying to finish Awakening Karin and Evan and needing upwards of about 12 million gold for the treasure chest thing.

Apparently the Unknown areas are pretty easy and have some decent rewards.

Think it's 28 mil for the jewel/accessories in total?

I guess I'm farming 8-20 easy during hot time for the foreseeable future. I thought about buying a poo poo load of keys, but then it kills key regeneration so I decided against it. Some redditor apparently bought 9999 keys tho god drat.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

300k * 35 = 10.5m for accessories
100k * 35 = 3.5m for jewels

But then I guess you have to add the cost of rerolling 4-5* accessories into that, but you can at least do that later.

Free 3-6* hero ticket spat out a LuBu at me :chloe:

For some reason I thought you could pull it 70 times. 14mil seems lot more manageable.

Finally hit crystal rank in Arena, funny how much issue I had climbing after coming back. Awk Evan/Karin + Pascal/Karma/Gip did the trick.

Used to hit Top 50 weekly for the sweet sweet Ruby/Topaz running Velika + Rudy tank teams :v:

Raid team is pulling around 600-800k on auto on level 99 dragons.

Still getting owned by WBs but with all the bugs I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or just getting owned by bugs (did a whopping 1 dmg on NWM). Maybe It's my lack of Rachel?

Edit:

Regarding the New Unknown Dungeon, uh is it time limited or just new content? It's pretty vague

"In celebration of new dungeon update, we have prepared for a play event.
Play “Unknown Area” dungeon 1 time and get an Unlocker Leah.

Event period:
After 12/21 Update ~ Until 12/28 00:00 (UTC+0)"

Is the time cap for the free Leah or the whole dungeon?

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 22, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Fenris13 posted:

The unlock dungeon is a permanent new feature, it is only the free Leah that has a time limit. The dungeon also only unlocks for one run every 1000 points, so it is not much of an event, but at least you get common awakening shards from it. One whole shard.

The PvP one costs 200 ruby worth of Arenas and gives 6* jewel + 5* accessory + 6* item+ 15 awk (item) and 1 common awakening. It's a pretty good deal
The PvE one is 500 keys and is 4* element selector + 40 keys + 5-6 power up crystal + 15 crystal (item) and 1 hero

The loots p great esp the pvp one given how hard it is to get a 5* accessory

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Fenris13 posted:

I wasn't complaining about the quality of loot, except the whole 1 common shard, just pointing out that the dungeon is not something people will be doing regularly, more likely once every week or two, and that would make for a lovely time limited event.

Yeah, but at the same time would be nothing new for a phone game :v:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I've hit a wall in the Tower of Abyss on floor 15. My heroes are all pretty decently powered, transcended to 36 or higher, good to great gear. I've got to get through a team of Lee Jung, Lucy, Guan Yu, Rudy and Pascal but everything I've thrown at them just bounces off. Between the five of them there's an insane amount of defense, block, debuff and 5 target AoE immunity.

Any suggestions for team composition? Any weaknesses there I can exploit?

Only Pascal on Round 2 has pierce damage, so I parked a 3 round immunity unit forward and rest at the back.

Round two you can use a Awk Evan to stun the Pascal if you got him. If not maybe a healer to tank Pascal's fixed 2k damage.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Jewels stack with everything. The only things that don't stack with one another are any Passive/Active Buffs, and Accessories. So for example, a +Lethal jewel will stack with +Lethal weapons, and those will stack with a +Lethal passive skill (like BJ's), but a +Lethal accessory will have no effect beyond that (because BJ's passive is stronger), and multiple +Lethal passives won't stack either (so BJ+Sera on the same team just gives you the higher of the two).

Now that being said, All Damage is weird because there's a hard cap on it at +80%, and with a passive skill and masteries you're already at around 70% (and IIRC the +Skill Damage adds into this as well for skills). So +Damage jewels are not really desirably for Raid/CR for that reason.

HOWEVER, they ARE desirable for World Boss and Arena. In Arena, you can not take Dellons or Karma for some team comps, and then your +All Damage jewels are giving you the full benefit. Plus, if your Karma/Dellons dies then you imediately lose your damage boost, so having the Jewel to fall back on is helpful, especially for Immortals or other long-lasting guys. Also, +Crit Damage jewels are much weaker in Arena because so many good heroes have Auto-Block.

Similar story for World Boss, team space is super duper limited and if you're taking any Damage booster it's gonna be Eileen or BJ. So you can use Jewels to help fill in there instead. But you can also rely on Crit Damage more, so it's a tossup.

Speaking of World Boss, finally got a decent score on ID, ~350k for Normal, ~3.5m for Easy, puts me around the 2% bracket. Who made it possible? Oh you know exactly who ...

Oh yeah, I did figure out that WB going into Extreme mode is tied to the timer, not turns. So after 10 minutes your poo poo is done, regardless of how many turns pass.

Mind sharing your line up for each boss? My raid team can do around 800k-1mil auto on a 99 dragon but I haven't scored more than 10k in the last 2 WB runs.

I can't tell if its the bug or what but I don't even get to take a turn before the boss just kills all my dudes.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Agoat posted:

Hey GB, the best armor comes from Raids, right? Should I special craft or what?

Confirm Crafts (usually for 27 spd or 1050 hp) or the 300s mostly. If you need fodder use the 100 craft. Special craft has low low low chance of the rarest weapon (+28% spd) but its so low and it eats awakening shards so never do it.

Awakening weapon cost for Raid weapons are super high 35 shards compared to like 15 for 7k weapons so only use it on perfect spd or hps. You only really need perfect spd/hp for arena stuff so if you don' care for arena use the awakening shards for 7k/4l weapons cause they have a lot lower cost.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Agoat posted:

I love Arena but I'll stick to confirmed craft for now. I only have a handful of properly equipped characters right now. But I did max out Pascal, so I have two 40's. Ideally I'd like to grind out Adventure easily so I can kit out more characters.

If you're starting out, just do 100 crafts and use the subpar 6*s to synthesize 7k weapons and then awaken them (then use the 5* fodder to get it to +5) that would give you the best returns.

Time wise if you feel lazy you can do like single unit suicide raids to lvl 80+ dragons for participation box which gives around 50-60 pieces, rank 1-3 will give around 150 pieces but it takes a strong team + lot of time (suicide raids take like 20s each). Any perfect Speed/HP raid stuff you get you can save for Arena units cause awakening raid gear is around 2.5x more awakening shards than 7k stuff and that's going to be your major bottleneck.

Also, I give up trying to do well on WBs for now, they are buggy as hell and its easier to just grind 200 rubies for Ruri unknown dungeon which drops a 6* jewels + 5* Accessory than suffer through putting together a WB raid team and then hoping poo poo doesn't bug out.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

OIC, I thought they meant this maintenance (12/29) not the next one. That's gonna be uhm .... over 2000 Rubies coming back. Not gonna feel bad pulling for Klahan (though it sounds like the guaranteed pull might be slightly buggy again right now so might want to wait a day or two).

Also yeah he's proper Special type like 7K/4L. So even getting a 32 free from this event is pretty nuts, you're probably gonna see literally everyone in PvP running one if he's as good as he looks on paper. He's got something to counter every team type, and Evade is apparently super duper good.

The 50 pull worked fine for me, I think people just really not good at math. You get him on your 5th pull, some people read it as 51th so they get one on the 5th pull and do a 6th and think it's bugged.

Cheap slots is a god send my god. Now i have 299 slots and it's so nice not having to bother with space.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

I have 114 hero slots, i don't remember how many rubies i paid to go from 109 to 114 but not a lot more than 30 at least. Anyone specifically know?
I did make 200 rubies from CT97 just now so with the arena ending in a few days giving me another ~100 ill need to grind out 150-200 from other sources.

thats the list they had on their site.

So now that unknown dungeons are permanent. Best way to get accessories and Jewel is grinding 200 rubies worth of arenas for the ruri dungeon.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Michaellaneous posted:

If I wanna be a filthy rich rear end in a top hat, on what is my money best spent?

If you want to casual spend ($10 month or so) probably just May Boxes and maybe Elemental tickets if you're box is mega cluttered.

Ultimate whaling is just buying ruby packs and spending rubies/Topaz on 3x special summons a day + 250 summons for S rank Chloe chests. But that is a rabbit hole you don't want to delve into.

The game is pretty kind on F2P though. Majority of your stat gains are from equipment which you slowly accrue through TOA, Raids, WBs and those are time based. That with events that reward actually logging in and playing.

On another note, finally broke into 3600 in Arena. The Jewel/Accessory event from last week let me fully equip my 32 Rin and 32 Karma and they've been doing mega work. I have a pretty geared Awk Evan and Karin, but I don't have a Kris or Jave to make that team work sadly.

Depending on how Thai-Man shakes up the meta I'll probably try to make a 32 Teo or continue making Rin stronger for my next selector.

Also, max your box to 299 the difference in QoL is amazingggggg.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Finall done with the Evan awakening shard grind and have awakened Evan. ~200 runs of easy is honestly not that much fun. Why can we not automate these...
The team i used was Rin | Karma, Pascal, Ace, Spike. Did not fail a single time with this team. I tried hard a few times and got awakened Evan in the last stage down to about 5% health both times, so with a few more transcends on my dudes (32, 32, 38, 34, 30, respectively) i guess i could have done Evan hard.

Tried Karin awakened dungeon on hard twice and succeeded both times, without any manual clicking.

Tried Klahan easy once and got absolutely steamrolled, though with the team made for Evan dungeon. Assuming i need a different team for Klahan's dungeon.

This is my setup for hard Klahan.

Rin 32 / Karma 32 / Khalan 30 / Awk Evan (the most important) / Spike 30

Most important thing is that in 2nd room Awk Evan can stun Khalan 100% so this makes the dungeon trivial. Karma and Khalan are the 3 turn debuffers in the game for zombie (you can use AOE Buff removal if you want DaQuio, Ariel etc)

Room 1: Karma's Ball AOE to break the void shield -> Rin 5 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Karma/Khalan 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

Room 2: Awk Evan stun on to Khalan (it will always target and stun Khalan) -> Khalan 2 hit aoe to remove void shield -> Rin 4 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Khalan/Karma 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

It takes me under 2 min with this setup and you can queue it up and it will succeed 99% of the time.

Key plan is basically:
1) Remove void shields
2) Stun Khalan (in room 2)
3) Turn off zombie mode
4) Have Stun resistance

If you cover those it should be doable in any difficulty, they don't seem to hit that hard. It's bit more tricky than Evan dungeon, but its technically easier cause they usually die to 1-2 AOE and its not a slog like Evan was.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 2, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!
I have the exact same lineup in terms of levels (Evan at 34) but i am guessing you have a lot better gear and jewels on your dudes. I am getting murdered in the hard dungeon, sometimes even in round 1; i don't even always succeed in the normal dungeon.

All my dudes have at least 1 unlocked slot, and for the most part awakened gear though there are several pieces of just radiant gear as well. The substats are according to the meta, e.g. speed and hp, with counter on Rin.
My best attempt so far, out of 10 tries, is getting Klahan and Bai Long in the last round to 1 hp each, with Rin, Karma and my Klahan alive, then Bai Long waves his hand once and oneshots all 3 of my guys. Not really sure what attack that is.

I queue up Agonizing Tempest (karma), Draconic Descent (Rin), Protecting Whirlwind (Klahan), this gets me to stage 2.
Then Multi Slash queued up before starting round 2 (occationally enemy Klahan gets off an attack here).
Then its basically alternating between me and them getting off an attack, with 1 of my dudes dying every time. I don't think i have seen Spike attack a single time yet.

EDIT: ok so actually using the skills in the order you wrote helps. I have managed to clear hard Klahan a few times now. It is still fairly random and unstable though, like sometimes Bai Jiao in the first round will take very little damage from RIn's aoe which is supposed to kill him, so the upcoming debuff remover does nothing to him, and everything turns into chaos.

Try adding another skill in between Rin's 5 man if you're lacking on damage. I'm running a 6* Crit dmg accessories + 6* Jewels on Rin + complete masteries.

Room 1: Karma's Ball AOE to break the void shield -> Rin 5 man aoe -> Spike's AOE -> Karma/Khalan 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

Also, spike dying is completely normal and doesn't change the outcome much. Mine dies in room 2 almost always.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Edited for actual content, anyone got thoughts on accessories for Tank meta PvP heroes? I see most of the high ranked guys are using HP acc, I feel like that might make sense on Evan (taunting tank) and Karin (need to keep her alive at all costs), but others? Seems like any of Decrease Buffs or stun ailments would be good choices, there's far too many matches that end up against 2-3 immortals with no way to get rid of them quickly.

Honestly I would think Death on Evan would make a lot of sense too. But I guess not being dead sort of takes precedence.

Kris is usually running Death accessories and him alone is usually enough to mop up zombies with counters/spd attacks (you also sometimes get the RNGesus double death proc for instant death)

The thing with tank teams is its completely gear based so once you have Awk HP armor and 6* Hp rings 2 zombies are rarely going to kill your whole line up before they die to Death or just run out of turns. Before you get the gear though tank teams just sorta suck cause a single geared Gip or Teo will just roll you over if you don't get lucky with Kris.

Though from the looks of it,Thai-man seems to be knee kicking Teo and Gip off the meta at the higher brackets. New meta team seems to be Spike/Ace/Thai man/Rin/Karma.

Speaking of Arena

Running Gip / Pascal / Sera / Rin / Karma currently and stuck in 4000s right now. Once I we get the 2nd Thaiman wondering who I should replace. I'm learning towards Gip since everyone going to be adding Thai man but unsure so far.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 3, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Teo is the only guy I have a big problem with as a Tank team since his normal attacks just hurt so drat hard even when he's alone. I don't have Kris at all unfortunately, so I'm thinking I should slap maybe Death on Spike and maybe Stun or Debuff on Jave to help out, but Spike tends to be the first guy to die most of the time due to his lack of VS so I dunno.

Maybe if I just slapped HP accessories on everyone I wouldn't have a problem anyway. I'm about 80% of the way geared up at this point anyway, just need 2 more unlockers and 2 more sets of awakening shards for armor.

I didn't have Kris either and that lead to me just abandoning building a tank team. The setup only really works once everyone is lvl 40 (excluding Kris who can be 32) with max equips to chug along smoothly otherwise you just have situations where enemy Rin just mows 4 guys down and you lose instantly or a Teo just one shots everyone in his zombie mode.

Rin/Karma team was so much easier to make since all you need is 32 with good jewels equips and you just mow down people up to 3600.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Welp here comes +10 and CR Hard tomorrow. Hope they hand out some serious 6* beans assuming this works like KR :X

I really don't think it will work like Kr cause its different from 0-5+ to begin with.

In Kr anytime you feed anything it has X% to just give you the full level with 6* being 100%. And 5-10+ just adds a downgrade % whenever you fail going up (so feeding a 6* always gives you a success).

Edit: was watching TV and died in Ruri unknown dungeon cause I forgot to queue up skills. RIP 5* Accessory and 6* Jewel

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clawtopsy posted:

woke evan is pretty concerned about special hero privilege

Real talk, I'm trying to build the best 'autoplay' Raid team I can do. Is there a 'most efficient' team for just putting against a 90+ Gaze and walking away?

It would be the same as just a regular raid team but the only difference is that you equip HP leech stuff on Feng and Shane so they don't need to be baby sat with healing and you can sprinkle in more lethal on Feng so he uses his skill more too I suppose? I afk all my 90+ dragon and usually pull off 700-900k I think I can break into 1 mil autos once I get my guys all to 40 and equipped.

Ineptitude posted:

I grinded out Evan and Karin so far, with around 100 shards for Klahan. This type of grind without any QoL features will quickly burn me out on the game.

Evan i had to do on normal mode but i could do Karin on hard. The trick to bear the grind was to not play it actively, just queue up another run and do something else. Did this for a few hours at work and few hours in the evening and got them both done in 2 days. Klahan requires babysitting, with the hard dungeon requires manual input of skills throughout, so i do a few runs here and there. Hopefully ill get all 500 shards before the event ends, i want to awaken him on the 10th so i get that free 6* selector. Ill buy the shards i lack with topaz i think.

What i really like about this game is that its more about tactics and knowledge before the fights, rather than having to actively give input all the time, and is the reason i am able to play it the amount i do (i have an office job so i can play for several hours a day at work without a problem), however having to babysit the game constantly will not work for me in the long run. Ill see how grindy the next awakened heroes will be but this game stopped being fun for me after awakenings was added.

I'm guessing they will do what KR has, which is daily dungeon gives common awakening shards, which just let you stockpile for the next release and character specific dungeons just rotate that you can farm for shards that way. We'll see I suppose.

Grinding Evan was painful cause the dungeon was so pointlessly tanky (didn't have rin then either). Khalan I can clear while queuing so it hasn't been painful for me thankfully still need 200 more shards though. Just decided to not rush it and do maybe do few runs here and there.

Oh I realized we get our box rubies refunded this update hell yeah.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 4, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Here's my setup FWIW:

1: Feng | Karon, BJ, Karma, Espada
2: Shane | Lina, Eileen, Sieg, Velika

This will auto in the range of 1.4-1.6m typically against a 90+ Raid, sometimes higher or lower depending on if the AI decides to be an idiot or not. Basically I just start up the raid and queue Thousand -> Fiendish -> Gigantic and then set the phone down. My Feng is full speed, which is better for DPS output but worse for autoing, if you never plan to manual with him you might want to go SPD/Lethal instead. My Feng's weapons aren't awoken and many of my supports aren't well geared still though, so that could help squeeze out a bit more points if I got them that eventually.

I use Counter/Counter on both Feng and Shane so I can't imagine operating without lifesteal on them, they just don't have the life pool to tank any more than 2 hits at higher rounds and Lina's heal especially is very underpowered already. I was debating switching one or the other to Counter/HP, because in CR you use Rachel who gives you a free 50% counter rate, but probably a more ideal solution would be to switch the CR team to the Feng setup with May/Evan instead of Rachel. Course, that idea will probably go to complete hell with Hard CR anyway.

Speaking of, I wonder how hard our Hard CR will be. Supposedly the rewards in KR are extremely good (can't find details on them though) but it's also actually genuinely difficult. We've got some pretty good scorers for Normal but if Hard requires some totally rejiggered teams I dunno if it'll be worth switching to immediately or not.

Hard reward is basically same as ours currently just more 7k points. Hell mode adds other special units beyond 7ks in it's rewards though.

I don't know how hard ours is gonna be but it's probably worth doing for more points alone?

RE: Awakening Khalan

One useful thing for awakening Khalan is that he can farm 2-10/7-9 with 4 fodder so he'll cut down on the ruby farm time/keys by 30%ish if you're a stickler for efficiency. Probably will run out fodder however doing it this way!

He also eats Rin alive in arena if you're sick of that stupid dragon.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 4, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Ohh yeah I was thinking of Hell difficulty, not Hard.

So yeah we should probably switch to CR Hard immediately, more 7K and CR points for everyone is good.

Klahan seems especially worth the effort at this point since he will be able to go to +10. I wish I could get my farming team for his dungeon a bit faster or more reliable, maybe need to play with setups a bit more and see what I can work out.

If they follow KR you can +10 .......... at Lvl 40

it's actually the biggest troll (If they do it that way)

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 4, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Holy crap

That will make a huge power discrepancy between players who have heroes in the high 30s, which isn't that difficult, and whales that has everything at 40.
I guess that is the way to go with F2P games with whale elements, add mechanics that puts whales in their own leagues, sorta like how Clash Royale does it (from what i have been told)

ehhh 7k is probably one of the most F2P friendly cell phone game out in the market.

Regular heroes are generally pretty easy to 40 given how often we're given Finas/Selectors. I didn't have a single Evan or Karin before the awakening event and it took like week and a half to get both to 40 just cause I had so many earth/light elements stockpiled.

Rubies are farmable en mass daily (in KR there isn't even a daily cap) and special heroes are mostly obtained thru Monthly selectors/Chess boards/Events. The game doesn't have some super cash unit that flips the game over it's head once you get it either like other games. Most of the progression is gated through incremental increases that just rewards you for planning things out efficiently and logging in daily and playing a bit. It plays more like a Fantasy Medieval Football Manager that rewards long term planning over whaling over the new special X unit that's useful in the Arena meta for like a month.

Lot of cool stuff in the pipe line too, like Lvl 46 normal heroes + character specific gear (new slot that enhance character's skill/passive) + bunch of awakenings

Only thing I hope doesn't come is the Bleach Collab, which was the greatest blunder of Netmarble in KR and had pretty huge repercussions. Basically 2 super op arena characters that could not be fina'd and was only temporarily available with low rates. It was even too much for whales and lot of them ended up quitting. It led to a huge apology post by the Devs with promise that all future collab stuff with be Finable going on forward, and a huge push to increase QoL for F2P (free 10 x unequips a month , cheaper box upgrades, making it rain free poo poo).

Edit: They do in fact release a Whale Tier for Arena Kr have a new league above 7k I believe.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah we get a decent amount of premium currency, and the returns from them if spent on hero tickets is pretty low but there is still plenty of opportunity to whale. Every maintenance adds a fresh set of packs you can buy for awakened raid items or similar, and if you whale hard on rubies you get plenty of topaz as well (which you don't get from farming level 30s) to turn into special heroes.

If only normal heroes can get to 46 that is good imo

I play PAD a lot less than i play this game and i have a stronger team there, relatively speaking, than i do in 7k.

Initially Reg hero to 46 and then Specials to 46.

Basically on average on F2P will get 2-4 special units a month from Login/Event/RNG. Biggest spike in terms of power comes from 30->32 which is manageable for 99% of F2P players so it's not bad imo. Topaz are mostly a luxury thing and not really a big power spike (I'm sitting on 900 while doing 3x chess puzzles every month.

Only real P2W stuff is from OP collabs and the Super Dragon Weapon stuff we just had a week or so back. People literally spent 10k+ rubies trying to get 1+ more speed than normal on a weapon (29 vs 28). But generally when you reach the peak of end game things become super inefficient and honestly +1 speed isnt that big of a deal cause you can just run alternative characters with more speed (which people do in KR arenas).

• Locked thread