Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Grass is a Good Type that does not need buffs.

This, also mega evolution counts as new pokemon the same way other new evolutions count and mega evolutions are staying so suck it nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Also this was an awesome suggestion from the old thread and I had no idea how much I wanted it till kraken suggested it.

Internet Kraken posted:

Alolan Parasect should have it freed from the control of the mushrooms so it can assume its true form; a massive, terrifying bug/dragon.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Fave team for me is my Gen 5 TR team
Marowak/Octillary/Bronzong/Conkeldurr/Reuniclus/Dusclops.

I'm really feeling Punchycrab and SnowSandslash if he is semi fast.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Aug 20, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Snowslash is explicitly stated to be slower than regular Sandslash. Its supposed to be more defensive, which is why they gave it a god awful type for defense! :shepface:

:sigh: I'm sure some other super cool mons will be found. I do like Marowak and the sea cucumber and Mimikyu. Maybe whatever Marshadow is will be cool too. Has a cool name.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 20, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i feel bad about dumping 5 straight wurmples on wonder trade but it's not like i caught them and put them on there to begin with!!

Now they're cursed to wander the digital trade bucket eternally, never having a trainer, like that Zubat comic.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

dragon_pamcake posted:

Also, what does one nickname a shiny, male Makuhita?

Porkchop!

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I want to know how the bottle caps and Hyper training will work so very badly. What I'm wondering as well is if I don't take these Battle Points off of the bank what are the chances that I will be able to import them into Sun and Moon.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Not sure if we've had this discussion already, but what are everyone's least favorite pokemon?

Pikachu, Ludicolo, and almost anything based on a monkey.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I'm confused by all of the people saying Unfezant is less garbage than Pigeot. Unfezant is still the only thing I ditched in single player due to it underperforming. It has a nice attack, but can't really do slot with it till later levels, and even then the move pool is very limited.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zoroark is pretty good, even competitively in singles. Plus it has an awesome shiny, unlike some of my other favorites.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

The only music selections that I thought were so great I should bother remembering that I like them were these.

Elesa's B/W2 theme
https://youtu.be/7pTFLxeg6tg

B/W2 elite four theme
https://youtu.be/zQUIwPzK2Vw

Diantha's theme
https://youtu.be/xpgQa-TOk0M

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of Chandelure, how good is it in doubles? And what type of hidden power is best for it currently, ice or fighting?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I can't decide between Liger Zero and Gothic Bat. I need help, tell me which one's better.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

This was based on how cool they are right, not competitive usefulness? Cause gently caress monkeys.

S

A

B

C

D

F

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

The best unevolved pokemon by far.

As far as stuff that works well in trick room goes. Good stuff that can use fire attacks can also include Marowak with fire punch or Octillery with fire blast or flamethrower. Machamp in general is great as is Conkeldurr. Dragalge is awesome as a special attacker. If you can use a second Mega Mawile and Camerupt are both amazing and trick room.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 20, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

The cold dead eyes have seen far too much.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Alabaster White posted:

Yeah, basically none of those sets are viable except maybe Chatot. Cofagrigus has no place holding a Rocky Helmet, Breloom and Gengar should not be Choice'd, there are better Klefki sets, and Infernape's setup is just complete trash.

Breloom can be choice banded but really only on technician sets with mach punch and bullet seed.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

*rubs bridge of nose, clearly frustrated*

For the last time, the Fighting-type Eevee evolution will be named Takemeon. This isn't hard, people.

I've never seen someone misspell Champeon so badly. Did you have a stroke? Are you ok over there?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Well to be fair it's not like it takes much to be better than Gumshoos.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

didn't smogon already ban baton passing multiple stat boosts?

Was that it? I thought it was a ban of multiple baton passers on the same team.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zore posted:

Well thats good at least.

Did anyone really think Megas were entirely going away though?

I'm sure some people did. Hopefully we can stop arguing about it now that it's confirmed.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

wonder trading adds ten pounds

I'll blame the in flight meal.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Every time I see this I see the Macarena.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I didn't think this was a controversial opinion? :confused: If it is, then anybody who thinks otherwise can fight me.

I got your back. Gen 5, best gen.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's literally a check for this at the Move Deleter.

...in Emerald.

It was a solved problem ten years ago.

Or you could give them a way to fly like the Lati@s flute in X/Y. That way they can't get stuck.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

So they're taking out HMs but we're keeping them as moves?

Good. HMs are garbage and I hate having to haul out a specific pokemon for a specific task to move forward.

All the time, non-stop exp share.

Wait, did I miss something? I thought we were just talaking about ways they could circumvent needing HM's. Did they say they were actually taking them out?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

I think it's that based on what we've seen (Charizard with a harness and whatnot) that it's a really good bet that they've turned every HM into a Latios/Latias style summon like in ORAS

As long as I don't have to sit through the animation every time again I'll be all for it. I ended up using fly all the time, just because you just go where you click.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zore posted:

You will 100% have to sit through the animation every time. Its literally a loading screen.

So treat it like fly then and it won't have to load a mini game.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Ruggington posted:

there was apparently a magazine scan featuring the baby heart dragon that specifically mentioned hyper voice from mega gardevoir

unfortunately

Considering the one higher up thought Mega Kanga was kinda broken. I wouldn't be surprised if Kangaskahnite was left out of the game. I'd rather it get nerfed a bit if it came to that but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I decided to start breeding a hidden power Venusaur. I thought fire was best on him but I saw some stuff on Smogon that said it's better to use ice or ground. Which one is best to go for? He'll be used in doubles mostly alongside other Charizard Y or Groudon or other sun setters.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

Titania the Mega Mawile
Wednesday the shiny Mega Gardevoir
Wither the Leafeon
Manboth the Mamoswine
Scraggy2Dope the Scrafty
Why the Aromatisse
Strider the Greninja
RikiTikiTavi the Zangoose
Clematis the Serperior
Candlejack the Gourgei

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 25, 2016

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I was pretty proud of my first competitive team.

Soul the Dusknoir
Mind the Octillary
Reality the Marowak
Power the Machamp
Space the Reuniclus
Time the Bronzong

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Xander B Coolridge posted:

drat it feels SO satisfying to make good reads on an opponent. I'm hardly a "good" competitive battler but I just caused a ragequit via wifi up against a pretty intimidating team.

I tend to roll with my favorites like Ninetales and Quagsire rather than the typical Thunderus/Amoongus/MegaKang teams but I managed to read pretty much every play this guy made.

I can vouch that watching YouTubers has made me a better player

Same, it's much more fun to play with pokemon you like I feel. My current comp team is Talonflame, Amoongus, Rotom-W, Gastrodon, Tyranitar, Mega Steelix.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Decus posted:

Wasn't there an entire youtube channel dedicated to winning wi-fi with stupid things like a magikarp via baton pass? Might've been from gen 4. Most people who play pokemon don't actually know how boosts work and why they might want to have something to stop them from happening.

Pimpnite does sweeps like this, along with theme teams consisting of various pokemon. Maybe he's who you were thinking of?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I can't really be the only person that didn't really mind having to use HM's can I?

And yes Pokemon Snap was great, no real replay value, but a great game none the less. I think I still have the stickers I made in a box somewhere.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Decus posted:

Buff my boys Tauros and Kingler by giving them good STAB sheer force options.

I Just bred a Tauros and saw the recommended STAB was Rock Climb to make use of Sheer Force. Would be nice if it could get Body Slam, or if the increased crit rate attacks applied to Sheer Force.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Decus posted:

Timmy couldn't get rid of his only surfing pokemon, though. The move deleter has never been in a town you could only access via HM and you can't release a boxed pokemon with an HM.

He was more saying that in reference to never being allowed to just over-wright HM moves.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Zore posted:

Feraligatr really isn't, its perfectly usable as is. Its just overshadowed because there are a fuckton of strong water types with good movepools and abilities. Dragon Dance/Sheer Force is really good.

Meganium and Typhlosian are real garbage though.

Typhlosion is good at scarf Eruption with Focus Blast back up and pretty much nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

I honestly don't know enough about Pokémon to be able to answer this! I'm assuming that he didn't think he could win through Florges?

It still could have been a good game. His Metagross could have taken your Florges and his Mamoswine could have maybe taken your Metagross and Mega Aerodactyl. On the other hand your Metagross could have taken his Mamoswine and your Mega Aerodactyl could have possibly taken his Metagross. He had the better chance of coming out on top and it would depend on movesets and how you used your Metagross. Maybe he did not have Bullet Punch or Ice Shard and could not deal with the Aerodactyl.