Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fellblade posted:

Why would you need fly for hatching eggs, aren't you just running round in circles?

Sometimes the ideal hatching route (usually a looong straightaway) isn't close to the daycare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I was all in on the Green Arrow Owl until I saw El Tigre in action.

Help guys, I don't know anymore. :ohdear:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zore posted:

Yes

Though honestly outside the Z-Crystals there aren't a ton of new items. It also confirmed the unique Z-Moves only key off certain things so Snorlax requires Giga Impact, Regular Pikachu needs Volt Tackle, Hat Pikachu needs T-Bolt etc.

Is there a restriction on how many Z-moves can be used per battle?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Does Incineroar really only have 60 base speed?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Yup. Same as Primarina. Decidueye is the fastest of the three with a whopping...70 speed. This generation is slow as hell.

Do they have decent movepools at least? I remember ditching the Gen 5 starters entirely because of that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

How early in the game do you get Type: Null?

Also is there anything that's decently fast?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Countblanc posted:

there are plenty of slow things in OU, being slow itself isnt a death sentence if the mon has other redeeming features. being a bulky fire/dark type alone gives the cat some unique options since Knock Off isn't going anywhere and he isn't weak to Fairy like a lot of dark resists are

I'm mostly concerned with in-game stuff where speed/attack > everything unless something has a really strong gimmick.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yes. It turns out you can use QR codes to get mons outside of the regional dexes. People have gotten stuff like other gen starters through this method.

How long until someone makes a QR code generator to get whatever you want?

Assuming it's that easy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Looks like Aerodactyl is in the Alola dex. How soon can you get it, and can you also get Aerodactylite?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Maxie and Archie loving died.

That said, my post was hyperbole. I do think it's a slightly more edgy and western-focused take on Origins, which didn't do well in Japan. The Delta Episode one, the Rotom one, Cyrus one and the first one are my favorites by far and I'm glad they got made, but most of these aren't really... good.

Most of them aren't good because the dubbing is loving awful.

And this is coming from someone who's usually very pro-dub.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

What level does Schooling kick in?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

This took way to goddamn long to put together. Will probably swap one of these out for Muscle Mosquito post-game.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

what are the changes to burn mechanics?

Does 1/16 HP per turn now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

The move relearner got moved to very late in the game. She's in the Pokemon Center at the Pokemon League. But now she teaches your Pokemon any move in their level up pool, no matter what level they're at.

What do they take as payment and how rare is it?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

They are buy-able at restaurants at around 500 P a piece.

What are these restaurants and how hard is it to get 500P (assuming "P" isn't just money).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

-Fish- posted:

I know that it's not gonna be what I want, but

I'm really ready to know what happens if you try to shove a MissingNo in the Pokemon Bank from one of the Gen1 VC games.

Did they not remove Missingno from the VC versions? You'd think that'd be one of the first things to do.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

All this panicking over shipping makes me real feel real vindicated that I ordered the digital version. :smug:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Why is Pikachu SOS only (off a 5% spawn Pichu)? Why is Morelull and Passimian so rare? Why is Mareanie also SOS only?

Why is everything I want to use so hard to find? :negative:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Desperate Character posted:

what are some good grass types on island 2? I havent really seen any others except for cottanee and that bounsweet you trade for

also why the hell is Dewpider only catchable in the day? I want my diving bell buddy spider now :negative:

Morelull (the mushroom) is really good when it evolves. Has tons of draining moves and gets Spore on level up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

Does anyone know what the mechanics behind SoS chaining and IVs are? Like, what's the correlation aside from "better, maybe"?

Some people are saying that you're guaranteed 4 maxed out IVs after 40 chains, but that's it.

YggiDee posted:

I keep hearing that Scald in the same place where I did the Water Trial, but I can't find the silly thing. Could anyone clarify for me?

In the second surfable pool there is a path to the right that leads to the Scald TM.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What does weather sos mean? I saw it on Serebii but I've yet to see different weather. Unless it means weather effect moves?

Some routes can have variable weather (rain, hail, etc.), which changes the encounter table for SOS calls. Some Pokemon can only be found like this.

Also, using weather inducing moves doesn't seem to work.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

Quick question: what are the best natures for each UB?
Cos' I feel like if I'm gonna catch 'em, I should at least go for the good ones.

Adamant for Buzzswole, Jolly for Kartana, Modest for Xurkitree, Timid for Nihilego, Naive or a Speed+ nature for Phermerosa.

Dunno about the others.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Vikavolt is super cool, and it's a real shame it's completely neutered by it's awful-even-by-alola-standards speed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Scholtz posted:

I hate myself and want to die.

I'll be breeding up some of these to give away, if anyone wants one.

I'll definitely take one, Adamant would be nice but whatever is fine.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Anyone with a modest Lunala want my Adamant Solgaleo?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just got back online with a fresh batch, actually! And yes, I'm Jesus. It wasn't as funny in this game as in previous gens, but Kukui still yells "Jesus!" when you try to use the wrong items indoors.

Could I get in on one of these? My FC is 0387-8872-9394, IGN is Crimson.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

How are people getting Magearna? I though it was Japan-only at the moment?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get how you're supposed to play around Porygon-Z now. If it uses Z-Hyper Beam, something straight up gets deleted. But if you try to play around it using Z-Hyper beam then it might just use Z-conversion instead and gain a ton of stats. Short of having a pokemon that can just nuke it in a single turn while also being faster I'm not sure what to do.

It's not that fast or durable. Something with Close Combat that can outspeed it takes it out super easily.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Are Hidden Ability Dratini still very rare? I got one from a friend and am breeding more now.

They're fairly in demand yes.

Also, I'd like one if you don't mind.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mizuti posted:

FC: 5086-1559-1599 IGN: Luna

I'll need your details too.

My FC is 0387-8872-9394, IGN is Crimson.

I've got some HA Mareanie eggs if you want.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mizuti posted:

No problem. I want to hand them out so people can realistically get one.

Crimson, it's been over 10 minutes and I haven't seen you. Edit: 30 minutes later and still nothing. I'm done waiting.

Sorry I had to leave for something. Do you want to set up at time to trade?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The gently caress is going on with its mouth?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Supremezero posted:

It... it opened it?

It really doesn't look like it. It just looks like it's frowning and it's moth/nose area is turning pink.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I hope Sinnoh gets remade but Kanto stays stuck in Gen 3 to piss off Genwunners.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Brick Shipment posted:

I dunno why people hate (the very good) trubbish and garbodor so much when the same gen tried to ram it's ugly elemental monkeys down our throats for the entire game.

I had completely forgotten about them and I wish it stayed that way.

gen 5 is still good tho.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

oddium posted:

the epic Elemental Monkeys Are Bad meme.... nice try

Oh hey it's the Worst One Second Worst, its face is nowhere near as punchable as Simipour's.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Counterpoint;

It should learn head smash.

This isn't an edit?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Senerio posted:

You misspelled Incineroar.

:frogout:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Parrotine posted:

Anyone got a spare one of these dudes for trade? I have Moon so I got stuck with the lovely Lady GaGa one

I do. You got a Naive or Naughty Lady gaga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

they should make giga regigigas and make his ability slow terrain, which is just trick room, while keeping the effects of slow start

yknow what thats a terrible idea, so i know what to expect if they pay attention to my boy

I'm not sure why Slow Start even exists. It's explicitly a nerfing measure to a Pokemon that's not even that strong by legendary standards without it.