Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm the rusty seaweed covered anchor pokemon with the big pirate ship wheel

I'm the Isopod who was picked on in high school got super murder buff and has come back for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

I'm the middle Dugtrio

My God you're beautiful

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Raserys posted:

Moon:
Final Rowlet
Lycanroc
Alolan Marowak
Alolan Raichu
Wimpod Evo
Punch Dragon Whose Name I Don't Remember

Sun:
Final Litten
Vikavolt
Alolan Exeggcutor
Alolan Ninetales
Silvadi
Toucan Sam depending on typing? maybe Alolan Dugtrio

Sun:

Popplio/Sirene

Salandit final evo

shiny Gardevoir I bred for the occasion

Ghost oricorio

alolan ninetails

Lurantis

Moon:

Litten/Beltigre

Lycanroc

Toxicroak

Tsareena

Wimpod evo

Tapu Koko

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Some people were saying that when the blue Tapu closes its thing it will look dolphin-y, but imo the leak would have mentioned it were a legendary if that were the case

No they're not. Also Polygon rocks b*tch.

Um...if they just confirmed it with nintendo why are you debating it?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Horrible abominations from another dimension don't get names. Or at least don't get names that are pronounceable by our primitive Earth Tongues.

Imma name da cockroach Ruffles.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

They only confirmed it with a rep and they have been wrong before.

Oh I see. Aight then.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Can somebody clarify if it's possible to trade from gen 6 to gen 7? i mean I know new pokemon ain't gonna work but if I can't use pokebank to transfer I'd like to know my options.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Sooo trading is out of the question then I take it.

I'd like to transfer a crogunk to my moon game and a ralts to my sun game. I've bred them in advance for my teams.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 19, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zore posted:

Yeah, definitely no backwards compatible trading.

edit: Nevermind I'm a dum dum.

Hmmm....I might wait until January to start playing then. Depends on whatever new information comes out afterward.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 19, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Calaveron posted:

How dumb are they compared vis a vis with Team Flare

Difference being the ORAs teams are actually endearing despite their dumbness, Team Flare just make you want to punch their rich faces in.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

notoriousman posted:

He gives you tickets to watch a meteor shower that were intended for him and your mother. Norman is a huge abusive deadbeat of a dad.

Hey at least you get two cool dads in Archie and Maxie once they get their poo poo together. They're pretty decent when they're not hellbent on doing something dumb.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

mabels big day posted:

Please, let's not jump to conclusions.

They are husbands now. be happy for them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

cams posted:

i have been all in rowlett for months

but a loving HEEL POKEMON. LITERALLY HEEL POKEMON.

He is literally a treasure and we are not worthy of him. All the people who hated on my baby litten can get wrecked.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

what are y'all thinking for Popplio nicknames?

female nicknames are super easy what with all of the sea goddesses and opera singers and pop stars and whatnot

what about male popplios? any good inspiration?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_water_deities#Slavic_mythology

Take your pick. Personally I'm going with Abzu for a male and Undine for a female.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Fossegrim's also a good one as they were male fiddle playing water spirits who lured in people with their music.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I'm watching the Sun/Moon anime and it's really cute and it's making me wanna play the game noooowww. But with my luck, it probably won't show up 'til saturday. :(

Tapu Koko is loving adorable and I want to catch it more than ever. What a precious lil' badass.

He makes birdy trills and rooster cries :3:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Alright. Two questions. When breeding genderless pokemon aka metagross will they keep the pokeball they were in? And can somebody powersave me up some moon balls in the future because single apricorn ball thing gamefreak has going on is some hot horseshit.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

The little "doink" noise Mimikyu makes when it's disguise falls is just so cute to me, I dunno why.

Unrelated note + 3rd island spoilers: The general state of Po Town, the fact that all the grunts are basically homeless, and the constant storminess makes me feel genuinely bad about fighting the Team Skull Grunts. I just want to wrap them in blankets and feed them cookies, darnit.

The whole team is like that actually. Even Guzma and Plumeria are actually poor and have pretty sad backstories. Their desire for money stems from the fact a lot of them literally can't afford basic necessities. Weirdly they're like the anti-team flare, no world domination plans they just want to get through day to day and be acknowledged as worthwhile. The grunts have blatant self esteem issues too.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Worst is after you beat the story you can return to Po Town and... it's the same. These kids only have an abandoned city to live in and they can't afford any better. I really hope Stars is a sequel so I can see all these teens grow into young adults that can take care for themselves and are leading happy lives with good self-esteem. :ohdear:

Good news is if you walk around enough post game there are signs some of them are getting their lives together. Plumeria becomes a star trainer, good enough to challenge your throne. Guzma gets taken under Hala's wing to become a better person. And Hau and the trial captains are reforming grunts by teaching them basic job skills and how to look after themselves. So it's not entirely a bummer. But yeah some of them are still squatting in a broken town and it stinks. And gently caress me even Lusamine is pitiable once you realize she was motivated by grief and her brains were almost completely scrambled by neurotoxins.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

You know, after the garbage that was XY's plot, this game is such a breath of fresh air. It's got characters! And atmosphere! And pacing! Not to mention, the islands all feel really well designed, the new pokemon look cool, and the enemies don't feel like such complete pushovers. It's starting to surpass Platinum as my favorite one in the series.

The story and characters are leagues better than X&Y. I actually liked every character and that's rare. However game mechanics took a dive. Finding pokemon with hidden abilities is poo poo and handing out only one each of the apricorn balls is just loving cruel. What happened to the dex nav? Why remove that? And maybe this is just me. But finding the new pokemon has been a loving chore. The encounter rates for a lot of them are low and it gets old fast.

That said the game is gorgeous, battles move smoothly, and I love almost every new pokemon including the ultra beasts. Celesteela is loving amazing.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

Bruxish is a 1% chance... from fishing. 20% from the rippling spots but sill, jeeeeesssssuuuuuussss. I'll probably just trade for that one, and breed up a bunch and make bank.

It's taken me about four days to even start filling out my pokedex with the new ones. Motherfucking Dhelmise is a one percent chance encounter in only one fishing area SERIOUSLY???

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I don't much like that you have to torture a corasola to get a mareanie either. It feels kinda loving awful if I'm being honest. Like I get it's her natural predator but...can't we just fish one up? Do we have to leave the poor thing on the brink of death crying for help until it's worst nightmare comes along? Jesus.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Soooo anybody notice Lusamine's husband is running Poke Pelago? And uh....why the gently caress is it never addressed? I thought he got sucked into a wormhole but he's looking after mini islands now...what?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

You wouldn't happen to have one of these HA vulpixs in a dive ball would you? If not could you specify how you caught the first so i can do it on my own run through? When pokebank comes through I can make it up to you, I got a lot of shinys saved up.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

This is correct with the caveat that if breeding with a ditto, the males WILL pass down their ball type now.

Does this apply to genderless mons? I'd like to pass down the ball my metagross is in for instance.

Also is the game going to have a national dex? Like after we transfer our pokemon via the bank is that going to pop up because I'm reading some confusing poo poo about it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

For the love of God how do you get to the lower level with the water in vast Poni canyon? I can't find an entrance anywhere and the online guides aren't goddamn helping at all.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

I deeply enjoyed X/Y and am sad that it never got a Z.

Hey Smogon nerds: what are some breedable Alolan Pokémon that are clearly worth using in OU and/or Ubers? I know who the last few gen's best murder monsters were and want to prioritize breeding Alolan ones. (UBs don't count since they can't lay eggs)

The worst aspect of X&Y was team flare and the lack of development for half the characters because there were too drat many. The rest of it was pretty good. Good visuals, quick clean battles, loving excellent music oh my God the loving best, and I loved almost every pokemon design, like only one or two were "meh" to me. New type and game mechanics were interesting. But it was also disappointing there wasn't a really good creepy place in game especially bad when it seems like they're setting up for one only for it to be a lame joke and some dude asking for a hand out. Difficulty curve was much better this time around and they've improved the writing dramatically.

I also hate Lysandre's guts. Like yeah there've been some pretty reprehensible dudes in pokemon but something about his nonchalant fascism and self righteousness is obnoxious to me.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Wow...so catching HA pokemon is even more horseshit than I thought. Found a female cubone with rock head got her with a false swipe and every time I tried to throw the ball she called for help. It took me twenty loving turns to throw a ball. Jesus Christ did they think anything through? Also couldn't manage jackshit with a sandshrew the HA literally never showed up. It's like they got their storytelling in order and then forgot about all the other goddamned game features. Still I've managed to grind on through to the point all I need is to transfer my 6 IV dittos to get this show on the road.

BTW Anybody got an adamant ditto? I got a pile of shinies I'll let you pick from for it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Put it to sleep? Was gonna say "paralyze it" but that requires specifically Stun Spore because it's ground type so TWave won't work. But you know what I mean.

Welp I didn't realize how broken this could get. Only paralyzing move I had was electric and no sleep moves in the party. Honestly this shouldn't be an issue. Easy fix? Have call for help fail after four turns. I can deal with that. Going through loving twenty before that happened is nuts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Is it possible to choose the ball post game cosmog ends up in? I'd like to put em' in a beast ball if I can.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Gift Pokemon will always be in a Poke Ball, so no.

Ugh. Ah well, I'll manage.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

I discovered that back in the demo. It's the little touches in these games. :allears:

e: anyone know what I should name Tapu Lele? I've got no clue.

I named mine Hi'iaka after Pele's sister. She's the goddess of hula I believe.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody here have a snow warning vulpix in a dive ball? I have three moon version exclusive ultra beasts and an eggexcute with it's hidden ability up for trade.

FC: 5129-5306-3661 IGN is Kane.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I'll take that eggexcute off your hands! I have HA Vulpix in Dive Ball with Freeze-dry+Moonblast. You'll have to give me about half an hour though, I'm currently trading Goomy.

(I can also immediately breed the eggexcute for DACK FAYDEN if he's interested since it seems I might be stealing it from him)

Aight Note! Let's do business! Can you give me your friend code?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

FC: 5129-2001-9949 R*O*C*K*S / IGN is Athena

I'll be online in just a bit. My only Vulpix on hand right now is male, is this alright? I can breed up some more to try for a female if you are interested in that more.

That's perfectly fine. My main interest is to have this guy ready to breed when my dittos are released from the bank.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

Send me a trade request when you're ready! I'm just doing some wonder trading right now.

D-do you know how I can find you on here? The layout is kinda confusing. Is it link trade or GTS?

edit: oop! just found you!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ah I just got cut off from you...

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

FML I am so sorry Flopsy, my internet just went out, give me a minute. I'll go to the Starbucks across the street if this takes too long!

It's okay, I don't mind waiting. And sorry about your connection that truly does suck believe me I know.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I'm back on!

Thank you! She's :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Note Block posted:

I feel the same about Sylveon and Hyper Voice

I'm hoping for play rough for Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu. I'm really loving the legendaries this generation, usually I'm kinda meh on most of em' but I loving LOVE the tapus and Lunala. Top tier friends.