Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Anyone refill their own THC carts from distillate? Is there a TCC guide? I like the discrete form factor and no smell of the vape pens, but i don't want to pay $60 a cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Is the boundless CFX a good flower vape?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Just drank tea through the stem of my CXF. That really does work.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
So because of Covid I can't get any Iso to clean my vape and it's pretty nasty. Luckily making a gatorade bottle bong is like riding a bike. You never forget!

Well I hosed up the cone piece and it fell off and I lost half the weed I packed. Oops.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I tried smoking abv and after the hit thought, "well that's it, I've killed myself" and gagged a bunch.

I'm buying an oz next time i can get weed and putting half of it in a vacuum bag. I would rather have old dry weed than try to do anything with abv ever again.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Well I'm out until Mass re-opens or I get lucky with delivery guys but I doubt the 50 year old iranian guy from door dash has weed.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Finally got some good quality ISO. Time to clean my crap and make a minuscule amount of hash.

I'm gonna try getting the remnant goo out of my vape carts too.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I just scraped up the wax/hash from cleaning my dry herb vape, grinder, and my carts with ISO. I have like 3g of thick black wax now... gonna load it in the cxf wax chamber and see what happens tonight.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I just scraped up the wax/hash from cleaning my dry herb vape, grinder, and my carts with ISO. I have like 3g of thick black wax now... gonna load it in the cxf wax chamber and see what happens tonight.

I just smoked it.

You get high slower but then aaaaaaasAA!A!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I did the same thing with 7g of abv and had a similar experience. I'm definitely doing it again, best use of abv by far.

Do a couple cold water washes and the butter/oil is almost flavorless too.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Ugly In The Morning posted:

One of my friends and his girlfriends managed to get a slot reserved at the great barrington dispensary today and they each bought 420 bucks worth of stuff before they hit the daily limits on everything. They’re paranoid about them shutting down again in a second wave so they’re stocking up heavily. They’re gonna pick some stuff up for me next week, which rules since I really don’t feel like driving all the way out there. Trying to decide what to get- smoking and vaping concentrate make me cough/burn my throat way too much but I feel like edibles are a recipe for disaster since I have no experience dialing it in. I’ve heard shatter and vaping dry herb are both better about the coughing/burning, is that accurate?

Yeah I'm heading out that way later in the week when the rush dies down hopefully.

Dry herb definitely cuts down on the throat itchiness compared to everything else i've tried.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
All the good stuff gets smoked out of avb yeah. I tried smoking it and my first thought was, "ah, yes. Now i've killed myself".

I made banana bread from the rest of it and was shithoused all weekend.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

bagmonkey posted:

I'm going camping for like 7 days and guys, I'm gonna get real fuckin high

My high camping experience was more "I'm gonna lay in a tent and be scared of birds and wind."

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I found another seed in my bud. It's my favorite kind too. Endless Orange Chameleon here I come.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

sigher posted:

I'll have to give it another go then, I thought I smoked it properly since my virgin rear end lungs had me coughing something fierce after taking as big of a drag as I could but who knows.

I remember talking to a goon about CBD oil for massages and poo poo that get you feeling good; would be dope to rub the missus down with that stuff if it's worth it. Any goons have experience with stuff like that or is it just better to ingest poo poo and massage when high?

Do both.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
We're just taking a T break. 2020 requires a lot of green to get through and I think we all need to get our tolerance down as the election ramps up in the states.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I think i'm gonna get that arizer air ii. It's on sale right nowand pretty reasonable.

The cxf boundless is really nice but the ceramic element is super gunky after running it for a year. The plastic is also wearing where my thumb sits. It's a solid piece still though. Definitely a good intro to dry herb.

I try to clean it every half oz or so. Maybe that's too long.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

poverty goat posted:

Some people loved jwh-250. It was apparently something like sativa crack. Some goons who were big into it couldn't get high on regular weed for years after.

That sounds like my own personal kryptonite. Sativas are awesome. Indica fucks up my time perception and I spend 2 hours in the shower.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wish my water heater held two hours of water. Stupid apartment 40gal bullshit.

Inline hot water is the way.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Protocol7 posted:

Got outbid on a beautiful house that had a top-of-the-line inline water heater already installed, honestly not having that water heater already installed and ready to go was the biggest bummer of not buying that house.

I'm so sorry for your loss. The good news is, if you can hit a dab, you can braze pipes. Go install your inline hot water heater.

Apply torch, touch with solder. Bing bong so simple.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Gotta re-stock before election night!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm in the blue bastion of the north east. With the exception of New Hampshirites and upstaters we'll be fine.

Hell we could annex the upstaters grow ops!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm down to my last tablespoon of butter so I might have to do this soon anyway.

:hfive: Has New York fully decriminalized weed yet?

Judging by how many NY plates there are in the dispensary lots, it's defacto legal if not officially.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The weed makes you high.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Just use iso to extract all the goo from the grinder then put the goo on a joint.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Sjs00 posted:

Got a new squishy acrylic bong about to use it nice

Uh, acrylic shouldn't be squishy unless something went really wrong. Does it have a recycling code on it? It's probably high temp, low durometer silicone.

If silicone, then iso should work to clean it. But you'll need to bake the iso out of it in the oven.

Remember, plastics absorb atmospheric moisture!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My dispensary just started selling 1/2 oz bags of machine trim for 30 bucks less than the bulk purchase for hand trim.

I turned that 30 bucks into gummy worms that make me high.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I've got an air 2 and have discovered the joys of layering some sugar in between the weed. It's good.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

I've got an air 2 and have discovered the joys of layering some sugar in between the weed. It's good.

That was a wild thanksgiving.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
The house just voted to legalize it. Time to see what the malevolent turtle wants.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
If weed makes u hungry just smoke more until u want to puke.

Downside: Feel Ill

Upside: Wildly High and losing weight!

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Time to smoke some weed.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

YeahTubaMike posted:

How do you know if your weed sucks?

Smoke it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Hmmm, time to find out if my company piss tests for internal promotions.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Hmmm, time to find out if my company piss tests for internal promotions.

Yup, RIP me. Time to quit for a while.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

redreader posted:

I bought some pre-ground 'house weed' from caliva a while ago, and then got some actual weed I ground myself and now I've realised the pre-ground stuff is way finer and sort of goes through the fury edge vent things etc so I want to use it for something else. Weed butter? trash?

Try smoking it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

poverty goat posted:

It's because most people hundreds of years ago couldn't use fractions, so it was easier for everyone to use a base with better factors than 10. 16 ounces in a pound allows an illiterate miller and an illiterate peasant to agree on how much flour is a quarter of a pound more easily than if it were base 10 and they had to conceive of 2.5 ounces of flour.

You realize a quarter pound is a fraction right?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

eddiewalker posted:

Which can be expressed as 4 ounces.

Right but you can express a quarter of a kg by just going "oh, divide it in half then again" that's 250g.

Fractions and decimals go hand in hand.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

PinheadSlim posted:

It's better explained with money than something like flour. Can't divide a dollar by three like you can with a base 12 shilling.

1 quarter
1 nickel
3 pennies

The spare penny goes into a pool to be divided out when possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I've got a med card appointment this weekend. I legit have crazy joint pain in my shoulder and knee and thumb (dumb, fat, games, respectively)

Hopefully chronic pain/ arthritis at 33 is enough. The weed is good for this stuff.