Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
A friend gave us some weed for xmas unprompted, which is funny because I had been thinking about trying it again. Was never really a smoker and beyond a few drags at house parties haven't really done it for 15 years. My wife hasn't smoked since Uni.

We spent xmas eve hosed up, watching poo poo films and having fun. Managed to put the world out of my mind for a few hours and very much enjoyed the respite from the aches and twinges of my impending middle age.

A+ will go again.

EDIT: goons I'm just rolling it into spliffs with some tobacco like it's 2003 rn - whats the 2020s way to smoke a weed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Huh, that looks like something I could turn up on the lathe...

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Protocol7 posted:

You’re gonna need the cap part most importantly and if you’re buying that you might as well just buy the full blown thing.

You'll never beleive what I found in the sales when I went to town this afternoon...

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I got a dynavap, flame torch and the cedar case for £46 all up, but that was in the 20% off xmas sale.

We tried it out last night. It's pretty rad. With the spliffs we had to go out to the garage so we didn't stink up the house with the tobacco but the dynavap is fine inside for occasional use. I like how discrete it is in the case too, no more hiding poo poo away in cupboards, just sits on my desk with my other stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation goons.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

sigher posted:

I'm sorry man, I feel for you. I'm dreading life right now.

Thanks to everyone in this thread being so helpful, I appreciate it. For that Dynavape, how does that work? I've never seen something like that but it looks like you still apply fire to it? Yet it doesn't burn the weed? I'm confused.

Burning requires air, the dynavap puts the weed in a little chamber without air and you heat it up to a high heat so the THC vaporises.

Just got one based on recommendations in this thread, very pleased with it as we can now partake in the house. If you get one, I suggest you watch the videos on their site.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaMbKZPBruU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Rode my ebike while buzzed, poo poo felt good.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I've been sceptical of the whole CBD thing since they really hit the local market a few years ago. Well I've been having the usual late 30s aches and back issues, and I have some long running RSI stuff. It's been pretty bad recently so on a whim I got a couple of packs of these "strong" CBD gummies from the shop.

I had half a gummy (the shop warned me they were strong, half is approx 25mg), and gently caress me if it didn't sort me right out. I've got more mobility rn than I've had in 3 months. Sleeping great too.

I really, honestly expected it to be bullshit like 95% of natural remedy stuff.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I made some weed friends, I only had one weed friend until now. A friend of my friend is building a work(weed)shop in his garden so I went to help out.

We dug a trench for the drain in the garden then got high, then ate a nice curry, then got high, then played board games and then got high, then I rode my e-bike home while high.

A+ day out, no complaints.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I've been trying to beat Speedy Scramble on BeamNG.drive for about a month on and off. Finally tried to do it while high and got two flawless runs.

So weed really does make you better at video games.

Thanks, weed.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
UK goons what tobacco / skins do you use for joints? I use the dynavap but sometimes make a social spliff.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Out of weed.

suuuuuucks

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard posted:

Out of weed.

suuuuuucks

Update:

weid

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My favourite poker is a bit of electronics heat shrink tubing from my workbench.

Chilled in my garden all afternoon with my friend building a giant geodesic dome (to smoke (weed) in).

Thread I have to tell you - I was high (on weed)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Got high in my (geodesic) dome (on weed).

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
why long covid but no long weed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Is there a best website for weed info on different cities? I just looked up Glasgow and this site came up but it still says glasgow is Class C (posession no issue) but that hasn't been true for over a decade.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

Medi weed isn't that common in the UK, with most people being completely unaware that it's an actual thing now and has been for a few years.

They legalised medical here in Guernsey in 2020. In just two years we're on track for fully 10% of the permanent population with a license.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Waiting for my neighbour to remember he's old and stop gardening so I can smoke a weed

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
weed update - finally got approved for prescription weed
:frogc00l:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

ReelBigLizard posted:

weed update - finally got approved for prescription weed
:frogc00l:

Update: I got my weed. It was surreal going to the co-op* and just picking up my weed and giving them my share number and buying some fishermen's friends** at the same like a regular purchase.

* like a british sam's club
** like altoids but cursed/blessed with licorice

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

LifeSunDeath posted:

what a minute, you got legal weed in England? if true that's amazing.

I'm not in England, but yes, Britain as a whole has medical weed. I now have a monthly subscription for 10g a month, South African Birthday Cake, and I pick it up from my grocery store pharmacy. I have nerve damage in my arm and some back trouble as well as anxiety.

My wife gets 10g of Pink Kush too, so it's looking like a really good summer

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 23, 2022

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

:420:

If it's anything like our system, the cannabis is actually prescribed

We followed the UK (I live on an island which is british but we have our own legal system) with medical in 2020, initially you had to do it by video call and post with the UK, but now we have a few doctors who run little dedicated clinics for diagnosis, and then essentially create you a personal import license that they handle. Technically I am Licensed to Import Cannabis by the state. We can apparently travel to any other country with equivalent exceptions for medical cannabis, so I can hop on a plane with my weed and vape and go to the UK or europe no problem, I guess maybe the US too?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Do they actually tell you you can only get *this* or *that* strain, or do you get to choose from a handful of different ones?

fuctifino already answered but yea, at the end of my consulation the doctor was like "ok, we'll get you on 10g/mo of indica" and showed me a list of like 10, with different strengths and prices. They have a commercial name but you can just look up what they are on a wiki - https://medbud.wiki/strains/

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wouldn't test the waters on this theory, especially given how broken the states are with various laws. No medical shop in the US is likely to honor it, or if it's being mailed it's probable that customs or postal will snag it and it will disappear with only a yellow notice in your mailbox regarding it.

If you're manx there's an odd chance I'm a very distant cousin.

Guernsey

I meant more being able to travel with some of my weed on me if it's prescription with documentation, etc. I know it's possible. I'm not planning on testing it with the US, don't fancy getting shot in Newark arrivals, I'd probably just go to a state where I can just buy it now.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

I've heard people quote prices of £40-£50/g for crap street weed on the islands. Having access to clean £5+/g meds must be a blessing.

Usually it's just a bit over UK prices, like 15 quid a gram, but during lockdown when nothing could get in 40-50 was probably the minimum. Prescriptions of opiate painkillers and naproxen etc shot up at the GPs when people couldn't self medicate.

It's come back down now, between 20 and 30 per gram for illicit weed. There's basically nowhere for people to grow over here because the island is so dense with housing and everyone so nosey.

In the two years since medical exception there have been over 5000 licenses issued, approaching 6000. Given that the permanent population is roughly 65,000, that means nearly one in 10 people here is on medical weed. There's a strong chance we will beat the UK to recreational supply.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I wanted to treat myself to a new vape and I like my dynavap, so I was considering a titanium but for the same price I got a great deal on a Storz & Bickel Crafty+. After redeeming some loyalty points and a medical discount at my local head shop I got it for £150 (UK RRP is about £250).

Pictured on my work desk. I'm very pleased with it over all. My only complaint per se is the fiddliness and relative fragility of the dosing capsules, although they are already wearing in after a couple of goes and are a bit easier to pop open and closed now I've done it a few times. The vapor is lovely, and it is surprisingly cool for having quite a small cooling section in the top part. It's the latest model with BT and USB-C, I've installed the app on my phone and it works well but I don't really know what I'm doing changing up the temperature and modes.

One funny thing is the digital manual in the app is very coy about it's use for cannabis, so it has a table of temperatures for vaping poo poo like eucalyptus and hops. Like what the gently caress do hops taste like to vape, a burning pale ale?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

sometimes i get a kind of tunnel vision and start to feel like i'm gonna pass out on a particularly hard come-up - my vision gets super blurry at the edges and narrows and i get all clammy and dizzy.

In UK parlance that's a "Whitey". I get it whenever I go too hard on the first go when I havent had any for a while (month+). I think it's just that, you had a massive tolerance break and then just hit a whole bowl in one, maybe just roll a spliff next time?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My friend used the power of weed to create this chair (for weed)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I was reminiscing with some friends about smoking back in the 90s/00s, we couldn't get bud here back then. But to find weed friends you just looked for people with little pinhole burns on their jeans from smoking hash in spliffs.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Vaped some of my wife's Pink Kush in the crafty and it's absolutely kicking my dick off.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Got to go to a stuffy church wedding today, time to take my prescribed medication.

Edit: tourists kept trying the church door, sparrow flew in and got stuck, chirped all through the ceremony, and then a boomer's phone started ringing and they didn't know how to set it to silent so the caller tried again 2 mins later. So actually p good so far. High AF

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 20, 2022

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Status update: high (on weed)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Thought of fuctifino last night as I vaped a whole capsule of prescription weed in front of a police officer at a local psychadelic festival and watched CLT DRP play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvkGNUoyvGI

LifeSunDeath posted:

I got some CBD weed at home, it stinks to smoke it, and it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form. It reminds me of this one time as a kid we smoked chamomile tea (straight rolled it up in rolling paper)...it did nothing whatsoever but tasted kind of nice.

I had some cbd weed before I got my medical, it actually smelled great, I think it was a Wedding Cake strain. I tried it straight, vaped and smoked, and also cut it with what illicit weed I could get to stretch it. When you havent had any 'real' weed for a while it will definitely stick you to the sofa and take the edge off Life, but as soon as you have some actual weed it will probably do gently caress all for you.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Naproxen is the real poo poo anyhow.

It's good but gently caress that poo poo for the long term, even worse than ibuprofen. Part of getting my medical weed was because I was using ibuprofen before, during and after poo poo like a wedding or a big day out. I had the option of naproxen the whole time but any drug where you have to take another drug to try and stop it loving up your guts is a step too far for me.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

that is frankly terrifying

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My clinic is getting in Therismos 20:1 GG4 (Gorilla Glue), going to try it next month. So far I've had Birthday Cake, Pink Kush and Hindu Kush. The Kush strains are definitely the sleepiest of the three, but I've started to build up a tolerance to it. Birthday Cake was the best tasting, and also the least stinky.

It's funny how coy the clinics are publicly and then once you're prescribed you basically get a regular weed menu to choose from.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
First spliff of the day here on Normal Island :britain:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WeirdB0ngs/status/1568339221253099521?t=tuSQ3LnV0cOMT3EDie2Tgw&s=19

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Dude. 6 posts. Are you high or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

Ta :)

One of the upsides of loudly vaping like this is that people sometimes ask me what I'm doing, and I freely tell them. Today, it was a pensioner while I was waiting outside the chippy. She commented that she used to smoke a lot of cannabis when she was a hippy in the 60's, and asked if it helped me. I told her it did, and that it was backed up with medical science etc, and was legally available. She then mentioned she had chronic pain through her lupus, and asked me if I thought cannabis would help her. I ended up the conversation giving her the full details of how to sign up with Sapphire, and potentially changed her life for the better.

It might not be the motivation for initially getting out there and loudly vaping, but it's a sustaining side-effect that will make me continue to do what I'm doing :)

:420:

You've inspired me to be more open about my prescription and also vaping it in public. I don't call attention to it overly, and I don't vape at a table if anyone minds (no-one does, most of them have nicotine vapes anyway). The Crafty looks like a lot of other vapes to the uninitiated, so probably gets a pass until someone gets a whiff. Ripped a whole capsule as a copper watched me like a hawk a couple of weeks ago, very novel.