Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Don't buy Grenco products, especially their pens. The G Pen Elite is supposedly alright, but my experiences with all their other products has been just straight doo doo all the way down. https://puffitup.com has lots of awesome poo poo at good prices, I'd start there if you're window shopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I got a new 510 cig-alike battery that activates on inhale and hooked it up to a 1g Co2 cartridge of Berry White. It is good, that I did that! The battery has a stylus tip so I can phone post without putting down my little weed buddy :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hell yeah Blue Dream fan club :keke: I'm puffing on a wax pen full of Blue Dream BHO right now, it's like an inhaler but for dealing with bullshit instead of asthma

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Jim Barris posted:

I got a bunch of dabs for really cheap and it's not quite as potent as I'm used too and it's also green. Very strange. Any of you ever seen green wax?

Might've been too long of a soak in the solvent? Sometimes if it sits too long you'll pull chlorophyll, which reduces the overall potency (since you're extracting poo poo that won't get you high) and can give it a green color.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I prefer to use coconut oil as the base for my sublingual tinctures. I make a high potency one I call Black Magic that consists of dab reclaim and CBD isolate - a fifth of a dram under the tongue before bed for a guaranteed restful night :3:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Living in a legal state is the best thing. I can just pop into one of the many Uncle Ike's in my area and pick up a cute lil' boutique bag full of bud, wax, cartridges, candies, whatever my sticky heart desires. If you live in a less fortunate locale, check out the various menus and specials on their site - it's really heinous how privileged we are here :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've had a wild sore throat for the last few days. Remembering how my coconut oil tincture numbs the underside of my tongue every time I use it sublingually, I started dropping small amounts right into the back of my throat. Miraculous, instant, long lasting relief - weed comes through in the clutch once again! :dance:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Altus brand Double Giggle wax report: I just referred to a pinecone as a "squirrel artichoke" so I think it works and is good

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I just got a Saionara from Humboldt Vape Tech and this thing is not messing about. The design and build quality are fantastic, and the coils are just awesome. From what I've tried so far, the Kanthal Black Ceramic hits like a nail, and the Miracle A gives long, consistent sessions. 11 out of 10, would recommend to anyone looking to get some serious oil hardware.

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 3, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

GonG means glass-on-glass, usually referencing a vape adapter. I've got GonGs for my Arizer Solo, Xmax V2 Pro and Da Buddha, and I run them through either a Pinnacle water tool or a cheap head shop bong. With vapor it doesn't take much to smooth it out :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've been vaping on Green Crack shatter today, myself! :hfive:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

There are some great inexpensive dry herb vaporizers (the Xmax and Flowermate vapes, for instance) and wax vaping is even cheaper. I've got a Yocan Evolve in my pocket as my walkin' around buddy - the unit goes for twenty bucks and the heater coil I replace monthly is about three or four bucks. Plus I can unscrew the atomizer unit and screw in a prefilled dispensery cartridge on the same battery.

I mean, yes, getting into vapes will eventually lead to you getting a box mod with aftermarket firmware to properly configure the temperature control on your grade 1 titanium and black ceramic quad coil so that it can truly express the subtle notes in your Purple Urkel EHO. But it's not too expensive to get into if you're just looking for the spoon pipe equivalent of a vape.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

purple death ray posted:

A flowermate is what I got, actually. Was really well reviewed but did hardly anything for me. I think it was around 80 bucks? Honestly might be something else. Pretty sure I lost the charger by now too.

Some of the older Flowermates were kinda weak, but they improved their oven design within the last couple years and they've been solid ever since. I prefer my Xmax these days, since I can replace the battery and it looks more like an e-cig in public, but I still put in a good word for the current line of Flowermate units.

Boundless also has some awesome stuff in the sub-hundred range. I've got a CF - the thing has an intimidating capacity and blows face-tingling clouds.

Edit: and never buy your poo poo at a brick and mortar headshop, they'll shaft you every time

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Agreed, I think sunken cost fallacy is at play heavily when it comes to vaping. I got a G-pen off of Aliexpress (it's legit or a 3rd run from what I gather) for $18 bucks and I hate it just the same as any $300 vocapax-magic-boxmod-deally I've tried.
Those are rebranded Titan 1s, and the Titan 1 is mostly known for being awful. They're also known for occasionally being manufactured with unsafe materials and for having lots of hot electronics in the air path, stay safe goons :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I was lurking fuckcombustion.com around the time the Titan 1 and 2 were first coming out of China. Much like your describing, some people loved theirs, others described foul tastes and minimal vapor. Some of the shady units were broken down, and people were finding melted glue and tape around the oven, and an air path going over an unprotected circuit board. The original company making them cleaned up their practices, iirc, but they're now being made and knocked off by so many factories that it's a real gamble.

Speaking of, someone broke down the new Kandypens (who already had a wilted reputation) leak-proof atomizers and found them to be full of glue, and the new #thisthingrips (the shittiest vape company of them all) "lava quartz" atomizers were shown to consist of "regular cheap quartz" and "a red sticker" - there's some sketchy companies out there and a lot of them supply your local headshops, stay extra safe goons :ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Hahaha, I've seen a few of those. That's what happens if you're not evaporating your butane somewhere safe and ventilated. My favorite story was someone that was doing at-home butane extraction and wanted to slow the aerosolization so they put the wash in the fridge. The butane continued to evaporate in the fridge, turning it into a giant fuel air explosive. Then, best as they could figure, the condenser kicked on with a spark. Ka-boom.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Different insofar as it creeps up on you over time instead of hitting you immediately, also tends to be a headier high

Should be using less product to get your desired results though, what vape are you using? Could need to play with the settings, or it could just be a stinkeroo vape

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tendai posted:

I bought a davinci ascent, it had good reviews on weed vape sites

That's a good unit - try setting the temperature at something over 400 and hit it until you stop seeing vapor

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The freezer is my preferred method to get melted wax malleable. It's been a spicy summer, so some of my rec shop grams have been getting gooey while they sit in my desk drawer waiting to get cracked into. Usually I put the paper in the freezer and by the time I've remembered that I put it in there it's solid and can be worked. Then I just transfer it to a silicone slick for usage.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Davinci Ascent can technically do concentrates, but not super effectively. Wax vapes and herb vapes rarely do one another's job very well, unfortunately.

If you wanna get into concentrates, the Yocan Evolve and Evolve Plus are probably your best bang for your buck at $25-30 dollars for a complete kit with everything you'd need to get started. If you've got the money and inclination to go the hobbyist (read: terrible sad nerd) route, I love all the stuff I've gotten from Source Vapes and Humboldt Vape Tech.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Flowermate vapes are temp controlled, no risk of combustion.

For best results, grind fine, pack firmly, crank the power up and draw slow :c00l:

Oh and save all your leftovers for making budder :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Atmos is just a rebrander, they stock a dozen different products from a dozen different manufacturers and slap their logo on all of it. For that reason it's hard to really make a call on one of their products versus another, or their past stuff versus their current stuff.

There's a lot of really awesome wax pens and flower vapes out there, but there's ten times more duds. I often pimp puffitup.com for window shopping since they've got above average stuff across the board.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tendai posted:

Recommend me a wax vape machine of some kind in simple words that a high person can understand :v:

This is my daily driver, it can handle any fullmelt concentrates (wax, oil, shatter, etc).

Battery lasts all day and then some, it's small enough to pocket if needed, replacement parts are affordable and of quality make, and it hits so hard it leaves a mark - can't recommend it enough :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Leaf: Seconding Arizer products, you'll be happy with any of their stuff. I'm also fond of the Boundless vaporizers, they're huge cloud producers but aren't quite as flavorful as the Arizers. The Crafty and Plenty are supposed to be monsters, but they cost $Texas so I've never had a chance to use one.

Extracts: The HVT Saionara is an extremely versatile tank, I linked a kit on this page that comes with everything you'd need to get started. There's also the Linx Hypnos Zero if you're looking for something portable and stylish, and the Source Nail and Source XL (with the quad coil in temperature control mode :discourse: ) if you're looking to run your brain through a meat slicer :catdrugs:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

But she ain't messin' with no one-hitter

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The chemical associated with popcorn lung is a byproduct of the flavorings added to e-cig juice. The same chemical is present in much higher quantities in cigarette smoke, so you'd have to be a human fog machine for that to be a thing. Nevertheless, weed vaping is done by either heating bud to sub-combustion temperatures or boiling pure concentrates, so the flavoring stuff wouldn't be present.

If you've got honey gathering in the glass or metal parts of your vaporizer, congratulations! Scrape it and smoke/vape/eat it, it's basically heat distilled rosin :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

If the Arizer unit is a V Tower or an Extreme Q, then google "elbow packing" :keke:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I've noticed that concentrates tend to be funkier hit-for-hit, but you'll be taking fewer hits overall. Can you get a doob tube going, or something like that? Blow your tokes into a Dirt Devil, maybe? :D

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I was just listening to that Kyuss album! :xd:

If we're talking "on the nose" stoner jams, these guys are my go-to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ-c4VuQE58

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Dabbing on some 1:1 THC:CBD wax called Grape Krush - it smells and taste exactly like eucalyptus and feels like a summer breeze settling down and having a nap in a sunbeam

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Lemme just take that premise and grab this lil' squirt of Michael's Secret Stuff and *splort* now it's my favorite disco movie, Disco Godfather

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnnCSdXnYZE

I end up watching this movie at least once a year, it's just amazing. It starts a little slow but totally fun, and gets campier and wilder as it goes, culminating in a glorious ten minutes of total insanity. The entire thing is on YouTube and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Get extremely high and watch it with someone you love :)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Tendai posted:

The thing I like about the herb Vape that I got is that I didn't have to think about putting it together I just ordered a good product. What is a good product to order for oil Vapes. Also, why is my tablet trying to capitalize Vapes all the time? gently caress it.

Quick rundown of the worthwhile brands:

Yocan: the standard issue beginner's pen, the Evolve and Evolve Plus are inexpensive ($20-30) and extremely functional
Linx: all about the low temperatures, efficiency and flavor. The Hypnos Zero is a discreet pen, the Ares is an electric nectar collector, both do the dang thing
Source: luxury pens, luxury prices. The Source 4 and XL series have some exceptional items but they can be an investment
Humbolt Vape Tech: the PC gaming of portable oil, they sell the Saionara and the Divine Tribe which are top notch if you're inclined to fiddle with the firmware on your weed pipe (which it doesn't sound like you are)
Xvape: I've heard good things about the Cricket and v-One, but haven't used the brand outside of the dry herb Xmax (which I love)

Sketchy rebranders include:

Atmos: they're one of the biggest rebranders in the business, some of their products are decent and some are terrible, it all depends on just what they're rebranding
CloudV/ Cloud Penz: a brand that became two brands after an internal falling out, both basically just sell decorated rebrands and most of them are alright but marked way the hell up
Headshop / local brands: usually a bunch of the same batteries and skillet atomizers being bought by different local distributors. In one store it'll have a laughing skull printed on the battery and in other it'll have a farting koala bear or a sweet ninja or something, it's all the same crap but with slight aesthetic changes and maybe a modified voltage or cutoff timer at most

Brands to definitely avoid would be:

#thisthingrips: known users of dangerous materials, ridiculously overpriced and tacky as hell
Kandypens: their reputation is on the skids right now since it was found they were using unsafe glues in some of their atomizers
Grenco: overpriced, underdesigned, occasionally dangerous and all around dreadful

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Oct 21, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Micro G / CloudV / "oval" style vaporizer is probably my favorite ever pen design, but I have gone through a few Grenco pens and both the batteries and the (bad tasting and shady quality) coils give up the ghost far sooner than anything else I've used. My biggest problems with them, aside from usage life, is that they don't handle even moderate dabs very well and tend to get extremely splatter-happy on the inside of the mouthpiece. I also found them disassembling themselves in my pocket more often than I'd like, which isn't great when it's your pocket buddy at your day job :v:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Oct 21, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Earwicker posted:

is there some legal reason that recreational dispensaries in WA, OR etc do not sell hashish? or am I just going to the wrong places?

WA: Lots of places used to sell more hashes, but I think they just weren't super popular because they've been mostly phased out in favor of shatters, waxes, oils etc. Most shops have some pressed kief, moon rocks and the like, but usually not a huge variety when compared to the fullmelts on offer.

Tendai posted:

Are oil and concentrates the same thing? gently caress I can't follow this poo poo.

Oils are concentrates, but not all concentrates are oils.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The umbrella "concentrates" covers stuff like kief and traditional hash, as well as fullmelts like oils, waxes, shatters, crumbles and the like. It's just the term for anything where the potency has been, well, concentrated.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Yeah there's like eighty different terms for dab depending on consistency and manufacturing method, but once it's loaded into a vape it's all the same runny, sticky, dark brown goop so whatev :shrug:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Wait are you going to smoke joints made of straight kief :haw:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

When I'm walking around with an HVT Saionara on a Pico 75w, I look like any other vape nerd with an RDA (a much worse fate than just looking like a stoner)

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

We Know Catheters posted:

Is this English?

Most definitely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Just got an ounce of flower and six grams of dab for a song, thanks Black Friday deals at the weed store