Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

this was my evening, the flower is pineapple upside down cake

Both very good and that unicorn hits reeeal smooth, I was on that all night. Definitely high but still functional. The pineapple tasted nice and is what I started with, and got me baked surprisingly quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Video Nasty posted:

Not to deviate but I did an eighth of shrooms and it lasted what felt like forever but it was really like 8hrs. Not microdosing but it was a wild fuckin' time.

Care to elaborate? I'm curious about peoples' exploration of the mushroom kingdom. :v:

Also: speaking of vapes, got a VLeaf dry herb vape and I like it. Like 6 temp settings, hits are nice and smooth, easy to clean and operate.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hirayuki posted:

Some of my local places are now selling THC gummies with THCV, the no-munchies compound that's in Durban Poison. Which is great, because I prefer edibles and have had a hard time finding Durban Poison near me. I look forward to giving it a try.

that would be nice, since I've put on several pounds lately thanks to my crippling marijuana addiction :argh:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
also

this was me vs. the cosmic cobalt unicorn cart last night

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the Ispire looks cool, I take it you're happy with it? Any downsides?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

I went to the weed store again today and got some carts 5/$100 1G, PC Pure brand. Apparently a sub brand of Monster Xtracts, who are known Good Stuff. Carts taste yummy for $20

Nice

I'm about half through this Cobalt Unicorn and looking for something new, though I may buy another cart of that, it's fun stuff

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Video Nasty posted:

My "girlfriend" at the dispensary was so happy to see me today because she had a pair of free socks for me (they say weed on them) and a free cartridge because, and I quote, "You're so awesome and I'm so happy every time you come in." :)

Weed rules.

what's the opposite of severing? because do that

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

I did a weed experiment. I normally connect the mini globe bong to larger glassware, fill that, then slowly titrate. I just tried taking in an entire half bowl in one hit using just the mini globe bong. It went well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQJcnIbE82k

This is the mini setup that I'm planning on taking out when I next have the health to do so.

Coming soon to an outdoor table at a cafe near you, if you happen to live in Okehampton, and it's not raining...

Thats cool and I think I got higher just watching that lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jeremiah Flintwick posted:

:devil:Guess what I just bought 6.66 grams of? :twisted:

cabbage? perhaps of the jazz variety?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I thought about rigging up something like that too! Glycerine is smart, I wondered at how effectively just water would be able to cool the smoke. Nice work!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Droogie posted:

I just had a we'd

Lol snipe :okpos:

Aardvark! posted:

I'm smoking weed Right Now

Sedgr posted:

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one.

:350::420:

hello! I, also, am here!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Thank you, weed :angel:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

I made an electronically cooled bong.

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

This absolutely rules. I love your projects and you motivated me to order a graham condenser for my bong. Just waiting for tubing to show up then I'll post photos.

also, built my own whip for using vape carts via my box mod on my bong, hot drat is that smooth and dangerous. This latest cart of Sour Diesel is wrecking my brain nicely.

I just had a thought re: crushed ice with ice bong: the opening in mine is kinda large, so what about some big ice cubes at the bottom then a layer of finely crushed ice? i know it won't last long but I imagine all that surface area would be amazing for cooling a few hits

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

Awesome :) I'm looking forward to seeing the pics

A prototype:

had to make sure the glass didn't leak. The last one I bought leaked like crazy because the top connector had cracked :argh:

The condenser is mighty cold. The clear box is an old brita filter thingy I had, works perfect for this.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

Nice one :) Insulation is definitely paramount if you want to keep the unit cool for a long time, and not have it dripping condensation puddles everywhere. My ice bucket pump bong stays <6C for up to 5 hours with heavy insulation along the tubes and the condenser using Stormguard foam insulation tape.

Thank you! Didn't even consider insulation, but, duh. :doh:

That's awesome though. The ice bong w/out that setup is already real smooth, this, hoo boy

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Does all the extra tubing and travel time from bowl to mouth result in less thc for you at the end?

that is a hard no lmao, in my extremely scientific research so far

I did cut my tubes as short as possible because my lungs suck and I didn't want to have to draw so hard

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

That’s good, I always worry that more bits = less efficient.

To add to the crazy straw chiller projects, would adding a device to do most of the pull for you be feasible? Think like the little pouch you pump when you’re taking blood pressure.

lol curious about this, as I was thinking about adding a tiny tiny vacuum pump I could use to draw through all the glass, when I was worried about that

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Now I’m envisioning a Y shaped tube with the pouch on one side and the mouthpiece on the other, with a shudder to prevent it from blowing backward and letting the air out from the mouthpiece.

What about an aquarium pump?

I thought about an aquarium pump but that would pressurize the system, right? Unless you could run it backwards?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pretty much

lol that condenser is cooooold and boy, it is just, lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

fuctifino, you're my hero. I am away from my much much simpler version of this but you better believe I am looking up giant fuckoff Peltier coolers now lol

I want the york peppermint patty dab

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

mad weed science

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

more mad weed science

okay thank you both, good info. I'm sitting with Visio on my work laptop trying to plan it all out lol

there are $500+ industrial water chillers I'm seeing that claim to get down to 5c, but meh, they're just bigass metal boxes, I'd unironically rather have the cool light up peltiers and probably spend less doing it, and what a fun project

e. Also yes, great catte. My dog likes to come hang out with me when I'm using my system, I've never blown it at her or anything but she always sits next to me and extends her neck out and sniffs at it lol it's cute

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

Bow is a little forceful. If I don't blow it in his direction, he gets closer and closer until I get the hint... screaming the entire time.

e: Found a video of him, though surprisingly not screaming in this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmXPmuxAtU&t=39s

lmao your cat owns I love him

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

I may end up trying to design a fractionator for weed smoke lmao.

E:Weedog

just put a down payment on these bad boys

Gonna have to give 'em a spray down to get rid of whatever's in there now, but imagine how smooth it'll be

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
🤔

https://forums.evga.com/DIY-low-cost-subzero-chiller-for-benchmarking-m2951571.aspx

The setup looks real messy but as summer heat dies down I bet a lot of window a/c units could be had cheap

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

redreader posted:

I just got some wedding cake for the first time ever and it felt FANTASTIC when I smoked it. That's all!

fuctifino posted:

It's loving lovely, isn't it? If you like that, and have never tried Ice Cream Cake, it's one to keep an eye out for.

Never tried either! Thanks, I know I've seen them at my favorite shop, I'll pick up some carts on my way back.

I really like my Sour Diesel cart, tastes nice, does the trick. Someone recommend me a sativa that will just liquify my brain please

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

gently caress it. Yup. Full screen and speakers. I'm going to eventually give my bong a face and a personality.

I don't have a lot of heroes in this world, but

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Also I would absolutely kill for like, even a basic diagram of how all of this is set up, I cannot wait to be home to gently caress with my setup, your pictures are so inspiring lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao classic

Also thanks everyone for your strain reports! A lot cheaper way to know this info than buying a pile of carts!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I've only been that high once, and I think it was because I took a dumb amount of edibles and paired that with hitting a new strain I hadn't tried before really hard, which... hit me back, really hard

I remember thinking gently caress gently caress I am ready to not be this high I am very not okay how many hours has this been

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Random idea: as snow season approaches, burying a couple of these suckers in the snow on my porch...

(Aluminum water cooling block)

I mean, the snow is not guaranteed, so I may purchase one just to mess with it, but I like the idea of harnessing nature to get me more efficiently wrecked

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Simone Magus posted:

i bought a pokeball grinder haha

it's actually really well made, i wonder why nintendo doesn't shut it down. it's not Legally Distinct From A Pokeball, it is straight up the exact design

it's magnetized so it stays shut even if you hold it upside down. definitely a great grinder for 10bux

lonk please!

ninja: leaving the typo, I like it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Voice of Labor posted:

so the beatnicks are passing around a joint when they hear the cops knocking at the door. the beat who's in mid toke quickly stuffs the smoudlering doob into the house cookoo clock. the cop comes in, looks around and is about to leave on account of not finding any weed when the clock begins chiming, the cookoo pops out and says "hey man, what time is it?"

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
can I get a hell yeah for getting free product?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

I just made a 50/50 salad of NOIDECS T20: Sativa (Moby Dick) and NOIDECS T10:C10 (Critical Mass).... and it's blown my mind.

:420:

Critical Dick?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
boy this "black cherry" BHO tastes nice

taking dabs through my chiller rig is, uh, dangerous though lol, it's like inhaling slightly flavored air

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
good evening, weed thread

it's been 4 pm for days now

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yay ABV caps!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mozi posted:

yesterday my neighbor invited me over to harvest some extra peppers before they went bad, and i ended up walking away with two blueberry plants he didn't need. then later in the day my dad gave me about a pound of his harvest to finish drying and curing and said i can take whatever i want

this is nicer than not having weed

that rules

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
pretty cat!

also what's that cartridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Same. Vapes get me high, but flower works better. That said, wax hits harder than either even though it's basically the same thing as in the vape cart.

I'm going out to buy several ounces of flower today and prolly a new cart - the flower turns into wonderful abv capsules, but the cart is just so convenient. I have a hard time finding carts that work for me but this last one I got in Oregon worked. Almost worth the 4 hour drive to the shop. 😜