Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Definitely not planning on paying full-price for it so I’ll probably get it sometime in 2019 after I’m all RDR2’d out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

They put out a thing saying preorders were down quite a bit from BF1 (probably Battlefront 2 is still in peoples minds) so they've basically just blinked first against Black Ops 4 and Red Dead I think. Probably a combination of that and some major issues cropping up.

Blinked first is a good way to put it. This game will be $40 come springtime. Right where I want it :henget:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Speaking of Sarge, anyone else play the hell outta Sarge’s Heroes as a kid?

And the helicopter computer spinoff game?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Respawns on BF1 are atrocious. Is like you spawn with a dude aiming already at your head.

I admit that loads of BF4 weapons/attachments are samey compared to the weird BF1 stuff but 1's weapon balance is awful and some weapons are still broken as hell. Not even the M16a3 medics in BF3 are as broken as some assault weapons or the range for 1 shot body kills on scout rifles. I said it before, it doesn't help BF1 that half the servers are scouts and if you ever stop moving you're hosed. BF4 had skygods but there were more AA tools. BF1 planes should be weaker and not eat a hundred Burton rounds while they can still bomb you. If none else helps, a bomber can kill half a team in a single pass while in BF4 you could annoy them with lock-on weapons.

Oh come on they’re made of plywood and canvas. If being a sky lord means flying high enough to avoid AA fire (which is probably less than 10% of the people I’ve spawned with as a gunner) then call me Zeus.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I love it when Reddit does this, especially for Battlefront 2. They really buy into the “front page of the internet” idea when actually they are maybe 1,000 people complaining about a game that sold/will sell millions.

E: btw how long is this beta? I downloaded it last night but haven’t played it yet.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Noctone posted:

Ends 7 AM PT on the 11th.

Tusen Takk

By the way in that one trailer where the Norwegian lady pushes that person off the bridge, does anyone here know if she was speaking nynorsk? I took Norwegian in college, but they only teach bokmal and it didn't sound like "Jeg elsker deg" for "I love you"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

codo27 posted:

How long does the beta run for? I wont get back to my PC til next weekend, and trying this is imperative as its how I decided on 3 and 4 and against hardline (remember hardline? no) and 1

Till 9/11.

I played the beta for about 3 hours last night. It pretty much felt like a continuation of BF1 to me, right on down to all the voice acting. Two improvements I really liked tho: looking around while prone doesn’t awkwardly move your whole body, instead you roll onto your back which is cool. I also like the limited ammo of the tanks.

I do NOT like the limited ammo for the planes though.

Maps were cool, both Narvik and Rotterdam.

Still not gonna get it at release though. With it feeling like BF1:Part 2, I’m gonna be too busy with other games in the meantime. Maybe for Xmas or sometime after new year, unless they reveal some more cool and actually original modes and/or maps.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Battlefield 5: I want to die.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Good job, DICE.

Lmao at these

Frog Act posted:

I definitely like BF1 more right now. Its frustrating because I want to buy this game to anger chuds

Don’t do this. You should only get the game if you think it’s fun (which you obviously don’t)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

Battlefield 1, the 5th Battlefield: Battlefield V (BF: 6) chat

Should I just get BF:1 if I wanted BF:V to be more like BF1942

Oh man absolutely.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Guillermus posted:

We were talking about Battlefield 1 (because this is the BF1 thread, not the BF V one, that's: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857282) and a goon pointed that because of BF1's music.

i like this thread better

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Jedi Knight Luigi has been trolling me for years over DICE games and I'm glad he's here.

:laffo: I'd say it's more so 70/30 "I actually do like the game"/trolling, though trolling has been gaining ground recently.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tei posted:

Could you expand this point more? Is the infantry focus some people talk about?

I too would like a definition of "radical departure"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Tei posted:

Why they use that Bauhaus art style for everything?

It looked wrong in star wars battlefront, look wrong in battlefield world war two.

Is like they let the dorc design all their columns. Or in other angle, if the doric designed all columns, there will be no differences between columns. Everything will be the same, no differences in appeal an sense. Is design nihilism.

I watch Battlefield 2, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xtW226KAPg

(it also looks like a dated UI).

I watch Call of Duty, and have a personality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLvQphvbbg4

(zerg strategy, the game).

But battlefront and now battlefield have a UI design that have no personality and is the loving same thing.

Easier localization

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

I really need to play with goons. I was playing last night, and someone actually started talking on the mic, then promptly told me how upset he was that game wasn't WW2 because "they took out all the nazi stuff and added all the women" and it was 100% in earnest. So I had to switch squads.

I want to be playing with people who want to win.

Lol that he bought it anyway

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Fanatic posted:

:same: I feel this is a poorer version of BF1. Honestly I wish they'd done something different like make a sequel to 2142 rather than have back to back historical games but I guess WWI and WWII share many of the same assets.

There we go, the reason I didn’t buy this game. From trailer #1 I knew it was gonna be a one-way ticket to reused assets-ville. There really isn’t anything unique about this game.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yeah I think people are really forgetting a lot of the problems BF1 had at launch

Hellriegls and A-10 hunters that dominated every short range map; support guns that were pretty bad across the board, trench fighters would devastate infantry while bombers could fly at max height and safely bomb AA positions (which didn’t respawn), etc

Right it was a dream come true!!!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

They changed a lot since the beta, for the better.

Guns are better than BF1. Movement is better than BF1. People complain about seeing the enemies but I don't have a problem.

Medics are super helpful, just pop smoke and revive. Assault is a powerhouse, even support can wreck armor. Some of the maps are meh, but we'll be getting free ones in the next few months.

The game is good. It's going to kick rear end in a few patches. If you're on the fence you can definitely find it on sale.

I love this post talking about the future goodness of the game.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Twat McTwatterson posted:

isn't the point though that BF1 only became that after months and months of tweaking and patches and updates?

isn't that how all battlefields go, really? Flawed upon launch, takes months to tweak and finetune and fix, and then after about 6 months it evolves into what it is a complete and polished product. Whether you like it compared to a past title or not is up to you, but after time Dice turns it into a quality, polished game.

You’re confusing BF1 with BF4. BF1 is the one based on World War One and was great at launch. And aside from the hellRiegel only got better.

BF4 is based off modern warfare and didn’t work at all at launch from what I heard. I only got it for like 10 bucks like a year ago when all the DLC was free. And I’ll prolly do the same thing with BFV in about a year.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Right, it was great, not perfect.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
That stuff happened but it wasn't every game. Compared to BF4 it sounded like a flawless release, comparatively speaking. But hear I am trying to argue nuance with goons and have played myself trying to do so.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oh yeah BF1 launch was grea—*killed by an airburst mortar*

I'm the pubbie flying the Gotha bomber 100 meters above the ground! Sure could use some help on that tail gun :troll:

e: oh you're talking about the infantry gadget that was unnecessarily nerfed. I loved that thing pre-nerf. Even post-nerf I still used it cuz it was so fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Beastie posted:

They have never been included in a BF game.

Really? Couda swore I saw a couple in BF1...