Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The capitalised R in the thread title is triggering the poo poo of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The amount of Sky Is Falling this thread delights in is delicious. Criminals folks, totally not winning anything ever.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How the loving fuckity gently caress is a card that names any card a silver bullet. :psyduck:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

TheParadigm posted:

Name what you're likely to use it against.

Clone Chip
Account Siphon
Levy
Paperclip
Any other breaker I hit with Rototurret (Or God forbid, Batty)
Cache (Noise, Hayley Panopticon, Geist)
Parasite (When Clone is installed)
Same Old Thing (Post a tag trash)
Any card hit with Salem's

Yes, it's obvious target is Levy for SOT, but that just means the Levy stays in hand. It's FAR more useful for targeted exile after you take something out that might otherwise be recurred.

Deus Ex is a silver bullet, because it's so narrowly targeted. This just isn't.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Shockeh posted:

Clone Chip
Account Siphon
Levy
Paperclip
Any other breaker I hit with Rototurret (Or God forbid, Batty)
Cache (Pitchfork, Noise)
Camera (Hayley Panopticon, Geist)
Parasite (When Clone is installed)
Same Old Thing (Post a tag trash)
Any card hit with Salem's

Yes, it's obvious target is Levy for SOT, but that just means the Levy stays in hand. It's FAR more useful for targeted exile after you take something out that might otherwise be recurred.

Deus Ex is a silver bullet, because it's so narrowly targeted. This just isn't.

Quote is not Edit, will fix when not phone posting!

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 18, 2016

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Zephro posted:

Stinson seems like a great NBN card. He'll pair nicely with Closed Accounts, Reversed Accounts, Midseasons and Breaking News.

Like every other decent Weyland card.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Yithian posted:

So you're saying 3x Au Revoir and Snitch? Or Security Testing and Temüjin Contract?

If I'm remembering right, weren't Au Revior/Snitch decks swimming in so much money that they'd use Feedback Filter to become immune to net damage?

Now they eat a HHN on the first run when they're still pre-8 credits, then die flailing in tag hell.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I've been messing with a resource-less Anarch build, flip-flopping between Reina and Eddie, and it is so funny when they try and HHN because I am a goddamn maniac who goes tagme on turn 1.

Problem there is Closed Accounts, EOI & Psychographics all don't care, because they're not targeting something of yours, per se. Well, CA is, but only as a function of making your unable to trash their assets.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Frankly, as said on Slack - I'd 100% be behind Core 2.0, even if it was to correct various minor things that aren't so much 'broken' as warp the space around them.

Looking at you, Breaking News, ETF & Desperado.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The suggestion on Slack was to give every Corp one 3/2, in the form of a Project, and to make it so all Projects:

A. Had the Subtype 'Project' and;
B. You may only include three 'Project' cards in your deck.

That way they can print new ones further down the line without making another Fastrotrain, and people can choose which Project they want to include.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

ZorajitZorajit posted:

On the same not, I'm actually fine with the way FFG does core sets. Yes, I would love if they did completion sets, but they have repeatedly stressed that a significant portion of the player base does not buy 3x Core + Everything. Making the game approachable by buying one box is a significant portion of the model, even if those players aren't on every ANR message board they can find and listening to three podcasts a week.

Sure, except the actual card production cost is a tiny proportion, and the Core set has some truly unplayed cards. Core 2.0 could easily be culled with the cards they want to for design reasons, as well as the flat 'bad' and bulked back up with staples from Genesis & Spin and still have room to make it 3x SSCG or whatever. The fact they choose to actively not do that means no matter what they say, they're happy to fish the dedicated playerbase for multiple core sets.

E: Vague list, obviously subjective but I've tried to be conservative, and give some 'middling' options the benefit of the doubt -

Warp Design Space:
Noise
Parasite (Maybe)
Desperado
Kate (Maybe)
ETF
Astroscript Pilot Program (Less so since the errata)
Breaking News (Pretty much top of this list.)

Just Bad (or have been entirely supplanted by better options and never see play):
Wyrm
Lemuria Codecracker
Aurora
Ninja
Decoy
Pipeline
Crypsis
Experiential Data
Zaibatsu Loyalty
Neural Katana
Matrix Analyzer
Security Subcontract
Research Station

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 30, 2016

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lichtenstein posted:

One miniscule silver lining to the entire thing is, once SIFR hits jinteki.net and finds its way into 98% of decks played there due to the hivemind meta I think it'll be pretty funny to make a yellow gimmick deck based entirely around on encounter effects of ICE.

Except they don't trigger in a world of Clone Para Sifr.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Zephro posted:

Stinson seems like he's really binary, though. He's great if you get him turn 1, but with runner economies the way they are these days it's rare for them to ever be below six credits by the midgame, especially if they know Stinson is a threat.

Or are people finding a good way to use him?

Like all Green cards, he's better in Yellow. (because you can enable with a Closed Accounts)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
berenzen - I make no apologies for that hideous RP Prison variant.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Static Equilibrium posted:

Aaron is much better flatline protection than the Anarch plascrete.

Edit: Criminals got arguably the two strongest runner cards of this cycle, and certainly 2 of the top 3. I don't think orange has a monopoly on busted poo poo....

If you're listing the 'strongest runner cards this cycle' and Card #2 after Temujin isn't Sifr, you're nuts. Aaron is good in that he makes tagging much harder, and provides free draw, whilst Sifr just flat invalidates something every Corp MUST have.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Plavski posted:

On encounter Ice in general

Surprise for you, Sifrsited ICE doesn't even get to do On-Encounter effects.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
You can use ELP and Load Testing plus Localized Product Line for shenanigans though. Off the top of my head:

ELP Running, Rez Bio-Ethics x (however many you can get live), do 3 Net. Biotic, LPL, Load Testing, Load Testing, Load Testing. Pass turn. Runner cannot run. Start turn, do 3 Net.

That's crazy niche, but you can use the same principle (basically force the Runner to pass a turn) to do similar things with Political Assets, or Public Support, or any other 'must trash or causes significant problems' cards.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

CirclMastr posted:

Long-Term Investment - I actually really like this card. Since you're not paying for the credits you put on, in either cash or clicks, it forces the runner to either trash it for 4 or give you money. Either way you're ahead in tempo.

I like how backwards your entire review was, with this being the literal worst thing we've seen in the whole box. It compares badly to PAD Campaign of all things.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

WE RIDE posted:

I'm playing in my first Netrunner tournament in a few weeks! It's an event for charity where players bid for pairs of IDs. I've ended up with Blue Sun/Quetzal.

I'm a relatively inexperienced player, I'm excited to play in this tournament and just mainly hoping not to get completely hosed. Any tips for strategies/builds for my IDs?

Going Charity Gift?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

WE RIDE posted:

I am, yeah! You?

Yep. I played in last years, and I've got a tonne of love for what Rich does for the community. I'm the noisy fucker in a room full of card game introverts.

I got NEXT design and a SUPER SECRET runner ID.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don’t think we met (I was the noisy guy called ‘Dave’ playing the rotating Runner ID) but that was a good read, glad you had a good day - Rich is a great guy anyway, so I’m really pleased it continues to do so well.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My two ConVis / one Ark Lockdown claim me about one in five games for free because people have gotten so slack at pitching their solo Paperclip.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Realising that the reason I loathe Gang Sign (especially Leela flavoured) decks is because not only are they poo poo from a design perspective, also they're random enough that occasionally they hand out a 'free win', validating their very existence.
You're basically saying 'Let's just roll some dice before the game; If 3 of them turn up 1's or 6's don't bother playing, just award the win to the respective player'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Khan actually did it well with Saker in the Temujin era. She sucked against everything else, mind...

• Locked thread